Gentle Giant's MARVEL COMICS line

Reaction score
I haven't got the black costume version, I took a look at Amazon US but they don't have it right now. Where'd you pick it up Kev? :)
It's the 2011 PGM gift option & there were only 300 made so I guess not many come up for sale very often. :(

Reaction score
Just jumbo G I Joe figures I think, all tack as far as I'm concerned. Not sure why Chris said we'd see lots of new cool things??? The way he was on about 'a feast' of busts before the exclusives were even revealed, I was expecting to be impressed..., maybe there will be some artwork announcements when they show the 'in developement stuff' if they're doing that at all!?!

Reaction score
I can't believe that neither GG or Sideshow have a Winter Soldier statue or bust, hopefully that will change across the weekend.

Reaction score
I was hoping for more Iron Man myself, Sideshow announced all of those premium format statues & they looked finished so I was looking forward to seeing them all displayed. :(

Reaction score
There was a Iron Man statue along with a Groot and Rocket statue. I was blown away by the Groot, knowing GG it won't be released until 2018.
A new one? Or the 1:4 scale Iron Patriot we've seen already? I'll have to have another look at the pics anyway as clearly I missed something. :)

Reaction score
I really like the Groot and Rocket statue but by the time GG gets this to the marketplace, considering their track record on releases, I think it'll be late to the party.

Consider the following:

-Kotobukiya is releasing later this year a Rocket and Groot piece. Although it's a full Rocket and Groot's torso on up it'll be a very affordable piece, compared to the others, and will be the 1st one to hit the marketplace. It does she some similarities in design (Rocket on Groots shoulder).
-Sideshow is releasing a very similar piece as the GG one. Although they do suffer delays they tend to be closer to their release dates than not. Although the piece is pricy they do have that monthly installment thing going on. And you don't have to get both characters.
-Hot Toys: Not releasing this statue but are releasing just beautiful sculpts off of all the Guardians.

Depending on the price and ETA for this piece I may bite but I already have the Koto on order and don't need multiple versions of this.

Reaction score
OMG!!! I want one. lol ;) That looks epic..., no idea where I'd put it though BUT it's screaming BUY ME!!! :)
Did you buy the statues GG did from Iron Man 3 or did you go for Hot Toys with those armors? :D

Reaction score
Did you buy the statues GG did from Iron Man 3 or did you go for Hot Toys with those armors? :D
I've got the mini-busts Gentle Giant made, love the movie versions..., I bought the classic comic book busts too but they weren't as impressive..., so far I've got 4 Hot Toys Iron Man figures but I've got 7 more preordered & paid for..., I did intend to order the 1:4 scale Iron Man statues but I've been looking at buying the Sideshow version as they are going to be making loads, thus why I'm pondering though..., I want them but where do I stick them?!? lol :)

Reaction score
I do like all of these 1:4 scale statues, some more than others. lol ;) But it's a space issue that prevents me from buying them really..., I'd love a line up of The Avengers in the bigger format, that & as many Iron Man statues as there are suits (space allowing). :)

Reaction score
Mu biggest disappointment Marvel-wise at this SDCC was no Winter Soldier bust or PF.

Reaction score
Mu biggest disappointment Marvel-wise at this SDCC was no Winter Soldier bust or PF.
I think the hype of a new Star Wars film has clouded things collectibles wise..., you'd think with all the different Marvel films out now though, Captain America would get some love.

Reaction score
Personally (apart from Iron Man suits, which are my top wants) I'd like to see a new Captain America & Thor mini-bust but anything new movie wise would be great. :)

Rod

Reaction score
I already ranted my gripes on the Walking Dead thread but it's a shame GG is missing the boat again with the Marvel movies. Somebody needs to tell them to stop going to the bus stop or airport to jump on that train.

On a lighter note, I recently learned our new cat, Kitt* was actually a sleeper Hydra agent.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/yikdezyfradk873/2014-06-07 00.31.01.jpg

A few weeks after moving into our new house in March, the cat decided to do what the Red Skull couldn't...destroy Captain America. He was able to sneak up on my Captain America movie bust and cause him to conveniently fall from the window sill I had him displayed at. I did document the injuries because I planed on rebuilding him.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/4lae4dyuz4218b9/2014-06-02 02.33.03.jpg

*(the kids had wanted to call him Yoda but after a while all they would call him was Kitt so I told my wife it be less confusing if we officially called him Kitt, like Knight Rider)

Last edited:

Rod

Reaction score
Got on my hands and knees and a flashlight and picked up every single piece of resin. Thankfuly it was on linolium and not on the carpet. The carpet might have absorbed the shock but the pieces would have been lost in it.

i used minimal crazy glue and took my time. I'll post pics of the final product later.

Reaction score
Got on my hands and knees and a flashlight and picked up every single piece of resin. Thankfuly it was on linolium and not on the carpet. The carpet might have absorbed the shock but the pieces would have been lost in it.

i used minimal crazy glue and took my time. I'll post pics of the final product later.
Would've never happened if GG had made the shield from Vibranium...

Reaction score
Got some goodies coming tomorrow, the red hulk mini-bust will be turning up along with the Avengers Iron Man mini-bust (both Gentle Giant items)..., also got a Sideshow MJ (Spider-Man) statue coming as well which I'm looking forward to seeing in the flesh. :)

Reaction score
If anyone even remotely likes the Hulk then I totally recommend getting Gentle Giant's red Hulk mini-bust..., to say it's awesome or super cool wouldn't do it justice, it really is an impressive piece & probably my favourite Marvel bust to date, I love it & now want the green & Avengers versions too. :D

Reaction score
I've been trying to hunt down the green Hulk bust but only over priced ones are available at the moment or ones that won't ship to the UK. :(

Reaction score
Got my Juggernaut bust that has been put away as a Christmas present, but unfortunately my Black Widow statue was cancelled by FP as GG couldn't provide them with the piece. :(

Reaction score
Got my Juggernaut bust that has been put away as a Christmas present, but unfortunately my Black Widow statue was cancelled by FP as GG couldn't provide them with the piece. :(
I got the Juggernaut mini-bust from Amazon.com a while back, cancelled the preorder with FP as it was cheaper buying from Amazon plus there was no more waiting. :) I'll probably do the same with the Star Lord mini-bust too, Amazon are the best on price I've found.

Reaction score
I got the Juggernaut mini-bust from Amazon.com a while back, cancelled the preorder with FP as it was cheaper buying from Amazon plus there was no more waiting. :) I'll probably do the same with the Star Lord mini-bust too, Amazon are the best on price I've found.
Was that the US Amazon Kev? As I got stung by customs on the last bust I bought from them. :(