Gentle Giant's MARVEL COMICS line

Reaction score
Recieved some busts last week and this could turn into a problem :awesome:. I got the Movie Versions of Hulk,Thor, Capt and Iron Man. I think they look great. Hulk and Thor being my fav two. Hulk is stinking HUGE.

Also caved and bought the Black Spiderman. Got a great deal on it, since i had some rewards to cash in. I was pleasantly suprised at how good he looks in hand. Looks 100x better in hand then the pics on line!!

Now i need to get the Goblin bust. I have classic Spidey on order.

They got me with their Wolverine Cyber sale. I mean, how can i resist buying two for the price of one?

Reaction score
I ordered an Iron Patriot from Amazon yesterday as it's reduced to $54.

I like the look of the Daredevil bust being offered as a PGM14 gift option.

Reaction score
My Iron Patriot bust arrived today, I really like it, the detailing is superb and the paint apps are nicely done, I do agree that having it separate form the base was a bad choice though as it's not as stable it should be. I also need to find a place to display given the pose means he needs to be up high.

Rod

Reaction score

Dang. That looks perfect. Hate to say it but if the final product looks like this......I'll be making my first big GG purchase in years.

Reaction score
I got the Red Skull mini bust that I ordered before Christmas, on Wednesday. It's another total winner from GG's Marvel line, the paint apps and sculpt are superb, I love the detailing on his jacket. My only complaint is there is no magnet or anything to keep the cosmic cube in his hand, meaning it falls out really easily.

Reaction score
I like the Captain America statue but don't understand why the film makers took the "red" out of it?

America: Red, White and Blue.

They just couldn't leave well enough alone.

Reaction score
I like the Captain America statue but don't understand why the film makers took the "red" out of it?

America: Red, White and Blue.

They just couldn't leave well enough alone.
Looks like it's based off his Shield uniform from the comics. During that time he wasn't Captain America he was just Steve Rogers. From the trailer it looks like he will be back in the Captain America uniform from the first movie. I liked that one better than the Avengers movie uniform.

Rod

Reaction score
This looks incredible but isn't the price around $400.... I think that's too much. I'd pay up to $250 for this.....but for that much I'd preffer getting two different versions of Cap by Hot Toys.

Reaction score
Starlord looks amazing! This guy was on my wishlist for Marvel mini busts, along with Groot, Rocket Raccoon, and Gamora! I will definitely be buying this one!

Reaction score
Finally given in & ordered this one as Amazon have the Iron Patriot bust for only $31 & he needs a companion I thought so the Avengers Iron Man bust was the obvious choice. :)

UPDATE: I've now added the War Machine mini-bust too as I think it's best to have the trio rather than just having the 2..., War Machine will be the most expensive but as he's a PGM I think that makes him worthy of the premium price. :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
My Spidey bust arrived yesterday, I am really pleased with it, the sculpt, pose and paint apps are class and I've found the ideal display spot for it. :D FP canceled my order for it as they weren't able to get stock so I bought it off Amazon at Kev's suggestion and ended up saving myself £30!

Reaction score
Agreed, I'd like to see some classic 616 Marvel busts and a movie version of The Winter Soldier.
I really would like to see something from Winter Soldier (WS, Falcon or Widow) but I think we could get something from GOTG with the release date just a few days after the con. If not movie then yes, please 616.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Rocket is a nice looking bust but it doesn't appeal to me really..., all I see is a racoon & not really a Marvel character, good detailing though, just not for me. :)

Reaction score
I really would like to see something from Winter Soldier (WS, Falcon or Widow) but I think we could get something from GOTG with the release date just a few days after the con. If not movie then yes, please 616.
You called it, Rocket Raccoon isn't one I'd buy but the sculpt looks excellent.

Reaction score
You called it, Rocket Raccoon isn't one I'd buy but the sculpt looks excellent.
I feel the same (or similar), looks nice but not saying buy me. :) Recently got the 2011 PGM exclusive black costume Spider-Man bust to go with the standard version..., have you got that one too? I think I like it better than the red/blue bust & I like that one a lot (so both are cool). :)

Reaction score
I feel the same (or similar), looks nice but not saying buy me. :) Recently got the 2011 PGM exclusive black costume Spider-Man bust to go with the standard version..., have you got that one too? I think I like it better than the red/blue bust & I like that one a lot (so both are cool). :)
I haven't got the black costume version, I took a look at Amazon US but they don't have it right now. Where'd you pick it up Kev? :)