Gentle Giant vintage style convention promo cardbacks

Dax

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Firstly, I'm not sure if this is the right location for this topic however the items are made by GG and are vintage themed, so it seemed right to me.

I've only just recently become aware of these even though it seems they were released in 2017 and 2018 so I'm playing a bit of catch up. I've also found it difficult to locate much information about these so I'm hoping the brains trust can help out in this thread.

I don't have any images to upload just yet but basically they are a copy of the vintage cardback in a mini 4"x 6"scale with the GG logo on the front and GG promotional images on the back. Quite thin, like a postcard and they have die cut rounded corners which is a nice finishing touch.

I have seen it mentioned that these were available at both SDCC and SW Celebration from the GG booth. I'm not sure if they were just given away in limited numbers each day or required a purchase as well.

I can confirm that these cards exist:

Luke Skywalker
Artoo-Detoo (R2-D2)
Chewbacca
See-Threepio (C-3PO)
Darth Vader
Stormtrooper
Han Solo
Jawa
Death Squad Commander

Greedo
Hammerhead
Snaggletooth
Walrus Man
Luke Skywalker: X-Wing Pilot
R5-D4

It would be a little weird for them to produce only 9 of the first 12 cardbacks so I'm assuming there was also a Leia, Obi-Wan and Sandpeople made. What about Death Star Droid, Power Droid and Boba Fett, did they also make those?

Would be great if people could add some additional knowledge to this line. I'm really liking them!

Dax

Reaction score
Yep, those are the ones! As a cardback collector they really appeal to me :)