Gentle Giant: The Walking Dead

Reaction score
^^^

That's some solid posting there buddy.

Spot on. And yeah, when you list out all the movies like that, it truly is head scratching.

All they seem to care about is pumping out those ridiculous Vintage Jumbo figures. Seriously, why not buy the real deal - a nice minty version of the 3.75"? They are magical in that scale. The Jumbo's....ehhhh, no.

But they are CHEAP to produce, and folks continue to shell out BIG DOLLARS for them. The profit margin on that stuff.....ole Dev and crew are laughing their ***** all the way to the Burbank Bank!

Rod

Reaction score
^^^

That's some solid posting there buddy.

Spot on. And yeah, when you list out all the movies like that, it truly is head scratching.

All they seem to care about is pumping out those ridiculous Vintage Jumbo figures. Seriously, why not buy the real deal - a nice minty version of the 3.75"? They are magical in that scale. The Jumbo's....ehhhh, no.

But they are CHEAP to produce, and folks continue to shell out BIG DOLLARS for them. The profit margin on that stuff.....ole Dev and crew are laughing their ***** all the way to the Burbank Bank!
That's exactly why they are doing G.I.Joe now. What's your brother think of that? He interested?

but with the Joes extra parts, articulation and waist rubber bands I'd say they will jack up the price point significantly.

Reaction score
GG has been like this longer than Ive been here...its no surprise anymore. For every home run they hit, theres 10 "WTF?!?"'s to be had.

Reaction score
That's exactly why they are doing G.I.Joe now. What's your brother think of that? He interested?
Nah. He pretty much collects the TWD McFarlane figs and has a couple Enterbay Michael Jordan figures and that's it.

He just brought your name up the other day and asked if the old gang was getting back together for the repackaged Halo games.

Reaction score
Nah. He pretty much collects the TWD McFarlane figs and has a couple Enterbay Michael Jordan figures and that's it.

He just brought your name up the other day and asked if the old gang was getting back together for the repackaged Halo games.
Ummmmm. YES!!! It's time for the Four Horsemen to ride again... I get sad when I log into xbl and y'all are dormant lol.

Rod

Reaction score
Ummmmm. YES!!! It's time for the Four Horsemen to ride again... I get sad when I log into xbl and y'all are dormant lol.
Just name the day and time. I'll be there. Heck! Even my wife asks about you guys.

Reaction score
Rod - you have an Xbox One?

I would need to invest in that if this dream of assembling the old crew should come to fruition.

Reaction score
Just name the day and time. I'll be there. Heck! Even my wife asks about you guys.
LOL my wife asks about y'all as well. She asks me all the time why we don't play Halo together anymore.

Brandon... DO IT. :)

Reaction score
Well, the SALE has gone well, if I do say so myself.

Actually surprised at what some of these demand - Tim......no excuse to drop some of that $$$ on a new Xbox now, right? B)

Reaction score
Well, the SALE has gone well, if I do say so myself.

Actually surprised at what some of these demand - Tim......no excuse to drop some of that $$$ on a new Xbox now, right? B)
What better to spend your newfound riches on? :)

Reaction score
Hands down THE best TWD mini bust is "Bicycle Girl Zombie" by NECA. I don't know how GG got the license but it should have stayed with NECA or even give McFarlane a crack at it. I don't know who GG based their Darryl bust on but it looks absolutely nothing like him. I'm not trying to stir the pot or be a troll it's only my opinion. If someone else is happy with the line that's great. Maybe my expectations for this line were to high I'm not sure but GG managed to let me down yet again.

Reaction score
hey Beek, or anyone else who pre-ordered web direct Carl and doesnt plan to keep....I'd have interest before settling for reg release.

Reaction score
hey Beek, or anyone else who pre-ordered web direct Carl and doesnt plan to keep....I'd have interest before settling for reg release.
Damn. I actually canceled that yesterday. Sorry!!!

Well, at least one should be popping up over at GG.

So, grand total was $840 on my TWD busts. Not too shabby.

Reaction score
Gentle Giant has single handedly destroyed this line. I loathe them.
I agree. I sold all my TWD busts already. I'll always be a fan of the show, though. But as far as collecting the busts and statues, I put an end to it. I got tired of waiting for new releases and high prices. I rather go to the conventions, meet the actors, see the places where they film and so on.

Reaction score
Great post LS.

And wise decision selling like I did - hope you did alright $$$....

GG missed a golden opportunity with this license - idiots.

Reaction score
Great post LS.

And wise decision selling like I did - hope you did alright $$$....

GG missed a golden opportunity with this license - idiots.
Thanks, Beek. I sure as hell looked forward to what I thought would be a very successful line with many releases due to the popularity of the show. Normally, a company with the proper license would want to profit from a number one TV show by releasing product rather sooner than years later, and strike while the iron's hot. Unfortunately everything they do these days gets done at a record slow pace, and I just lost interest looking at a half empty display case not knowing what would be coming out next or even when, and let's not forget increasing prices. They pretty much killed the excitement I had for the line. Too bad as there were some very nice sculpts there.

As for the busts, I did great selling them and I have no regrets doing so. I doubled my money and almost tripled what I paid for one of them.That said, I can hardly wait for the show to come back in February. After all, it is the show what we really care about. The collectibles are just the icing on the cake, but GG have proven that icing could be rather bitter than sweet sometimes.

Last edited:
Reaction score
^

Very well written post.

And summarizes my thoughts as well.

Such a shame - once they said there would not be a SDCC bust, I knew there was trouble. I will never understand that company.

Reaction score
My bud VaderRx showed me a pic of his in hand Carl Grimes.

Looked good. Too bad GG didn't continue TWD busts.

Reaction score
It'd be cool to see VaderRx's in hand pictures of the Carl bust. For the most part GG did a nice job sculpting these busts. Sad to see the way they've handled the releases.

And ... little less than a month for the most exciting show on TV to come back. Very much looking forward to that! :)

Reaction score
^ Agree!

Even though I dumped the collectibles, my love of the show and comic remains!!!

Reaction score
Glenn bust went up for preorder today. But the question lingers...who cares anymore?

#GGFAIL

Reaction score
Glenn bust went up for preorder today. But the question lingers...who cares anymore?

#GGFAIL
I had no idea about the Glenn bust going for pre order. I'm assuming it has a possible release date that most likely won't be accurate. I'll always be a fan of the show, but as far as collecting these busts... I no longer care.

* Just took a look and it looks pretty good however, the price now is $90.00 for a bust + tax + shipping! ... scheduled to be released on the fourth quarter of this year ... yeah, right!

# :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hot Wheels need to make a model of the car from Sunday's episode with zombie body parts attached. :D

Reaction score
Hot Wheels need to make a model of the car from Sunday's episode with zombie body parts attached. :D
That wouldn't be a bad idea. I could easily add one to my very limited Hot Wheels collection consisting of two cars :) That scene by the way, was intense. I liked the panoramic view of the car driving through the army of Walkers, but in a way it felt a little bit over the top.

Reaction score
GASP! GG actually debuted a new TWD piece at Comic Con - 18" Rick Grimes?

And yet, no one seems to care. Too little too late.

Reaction score
I'm liking the Morgan bust and will most likely get it. The Rick statue looks cool. I'd love to get the Michonne statue which I thought was supposed to be released last Fall...? I've been half expecting GG's Walking Dead items to just fade away and never be released. So few new items and very little to no info on delayed product that it bears repeating that GG definitely missed a golden opportunity and it is very frustrating for those of us who want more and more busts.