Gentle Giant: The Walking Dead

Reaction score
I'm still in absolute shock that we aren't getting a new piece to add to our displays in two weeks.

Such a shame. Such a missed opportunity. Such a typical Gentle Giant move.

Reaction score
This thread is sweet. I literally just got hooked on TWD late last Sunday night when the marathon was playing. I couldn't find anything to watch so I thought "eh, why not...I'll see what the fuss is all about." One word...WOW!!!

I watched 3 episodes from the middle of last season I think(not positive), but had to stop because I knew I had to start from the beginning so I borrowed the first two seasons from a buddy at work. Absolutely incredible show!

I have a lot of respect for the genre, but I was never into horror and zombies and the like. It just never interested me so I didn't bother giving TWD a glance until now which was on a whim basically. I'm so glad I did. I'm officially a fan:)

So now the busts... I told myself I wouldn't collect them even though I love the show, but now I must. Carl is on pre-order, I'm getting the Daryl exclusive and Sophia Stalker from Razor's, and the search is on for the Rick and Governor exclusives. After reading so many great things, I knew I had to get them. I have almost every SW bust so now they will have some company. I'm glad I gave it a shot because I've been missing out on an amazing and incredible show:)

Phew...sorry to ramble but I needed to. Haha

Reaction score
This thread is sweet. I literally just got hooked on TWD late last Sunday night when the marathon was playing. I couldn't find anything to watch so I thought "eh, why not...I'll see what the fuss is all about." One word...WOW!!!

I watched 3 episodes from the middle of last season I think(not positive), but had to stop because I knew I had to start from the beginning so I borrowed the first two seasons from a buddy at work. Absolutely incredible show!

I have a lot of respect for the genre, but I was never into horror and zombies and the like. It just never interested me so I didn't bother giving TWD a glance until now which was on a whim basically. I'm so glad I did. I'm officially a fan:)

So now the busts... I told myself I wouldn't collect them even though I love the show, but now I must. Carl is on pre-order, I'm getting the Daryl exclusive and Sophia Stalker from Razor's, and the search is on for the Rick and Governor exclusives. After reading so many great things, I knew I had to get them. I have almost every SW bust so now they will have some company. I'm glad I gave it a shot because I've been missing out on an amazing and incredible show:)

Phew...sorry to ramble but I needed to. Haha
Welcome aboard.

All the "cool" kids hang here.....

And yeah, I'm borderline obsessed with all things TWD.

Reaction score
The few, the proud ... Yes! Another "new born" Walker :)

Reaction score
Thanks guys!
I've been bitten, scratched, you name it. Haha. My buddy from work was picking up season 3 and letting me borrow it, so hopefully this week I'll be able to start. Can't wait!!!

Mike from Razors was kind enough to track down the Rick and Governor exclusive busts from a friend of his, so I should have them in a week or two. Daryl and Sophia Stalker arrive tomorrow. I'm very excited! :)

I'm already thinking of display ideas even tho it will be several months before I can properly show them since I'm renovating my house.

In the span of a week I went from my first time viewing, to being hooked, to buying busts, and now I need to get to one of the conventions:)

Reaction score
Delivery guy dropped off my ThreeZero Michonne's Pets earlier today, and wow.......just wow!

Reaction score
Thanks guys!
I've been bitten, scratched, you name it. Haha. My buddy from work was picking up season 3 and letting me borrow it, so hopefully this week I'll be able to start. Can't wait!!!

Mike from Razors was kind enough to track down the Rick and Governor exclusive busts from a friend of his, so I should have them in a week or two. Daryl and Sophia Stalker arrive tomorrow. I'm very excited! :)

I'm already thinking of display ideas even tho it will be several months before I can properly show them since I'm renovating my house.

In the span of a week I went from my first time viewing, to being hooked, to buying busts, and now I need to get to one of the conventions:)
Will you be collecting the series on Blu-ray as well? Season 4 is coming out on August 26th!

As for Walker Stalker conventions, these are the closest to you this year:

- Walker Stalker Con 2014 | New York/New Jersey
- Walker Stalker Con | Atlanta 2014

Last edited:
Reaction score
Okay. Rearranged a few things in the Fabrikors tonight. Here is a shot.

Pricey - but just outstanding.

Reaction score
Will you be collecting the series on Blu-ray as well? Season 4 is coming out on August 26th! As for Walker Stalker conventions, these are the closest to you this year: - Walker Stalker Con 2014 | New York/New Jersey - Walker Stalker Con | Atlanta 2014
I plan on buying them all on Blu-Ray soon. I also want to look around for some cool posters/prints. My Daryl and Sophia Stalker busts arrived yesterday but I didn't get a chance to open them yet.

Your display is awesome LS! Very creative:-D

Reaction score
I have been soooo tempted to get those figures. Guess I have been holding out to either get the pet busts (if they make them) or pet statues to go with the michonne statue (if they make them).
Oh Brandon, did you see this on my facebook page. Apparently my secret is out because I got several messages asking if it was me or telling me they saw me on the walking dead walker university special. If you didn't see it, here is a screen pic. Zombie school was awesome. I am not allowed to say if I HAVE or HAVE NOT been used as a walker. .. only time will tell. :)

Reaction score
****ing awesome man......just awesome.

so you saw me in the special before you saw the photo.

Yeah it was amazing. Greg Nicotero was so cool. Such a down to earth super nice guy. I had a blast!!!! I felt like pinching myself the whole time I was there. :)

Reaction score
... I also want to look around for some cool posters/prints...
I don't know what size posters you are looking for. There are quite a few nice ones out there, as you probably know by now. Personally, I did not want my posters to be too big, so I bought the 40 poster collection book they sell at some bookstores. They are 16 x 20, thick cardback quality prints. I took the book to the convention last year where the actors signed it. When I got home I had the signed posters framed

This is the 40 poster collection book ...

These are some of the actors that signed the posters ...

Scott Wilson signed my Season Two and Season One posters. He wasn't on Season one, but who cares. He is such a nice guy, he did the extra signature for free, and signed my wife's shirt also. :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
New GG statue of Daryl......with wolves?

WTF.
Seriously WTF?

A missed opportunity for them to include zombies not wolves. Daryl stabbing a zombie or better yet pulling an arrow out of one.

I would much rather had a mini bust of a new character GG or at least a statue that makes sense. Is the wolves something from the comics? I'm more excited about the tree zombie from the Blu-Ray.

Would be cool if GG considered a exclusive at one of the Walker Staker cons. My vote is for the con in Terminus but then again I'm being biased. :p There was enough fans at last years Atlanta Walker stalker con to sell 300-500 of them.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Seriously WTF?

A missed opportunity for them to include zombies not wolves. Daryl stabbing a zombie or better yet pulling an arrow out of one.

I would much rather had a mini bust of a new character GG or at least a statue that makes sense. Is the wolves something from the comics? I'm more excited about the tree zombie from the Blu-Ray.

Would be cool if GG considered a exclusive at one of the Walker Staker cons. My vote is for the con in Terminus but then again I'm being biased. :p There was enough fans at last years Atlanta Walker stalker con to sell 300-500 of them.
Great idea about an exclusive bust at Walker Stalker Con.....

The Wolves have NOTHING to do with the comic books. It was a creative deal between Reedus and GG. I dunno...just silly to me. Maybe the wolves are removable? Curious what the regular release will look like.

Reaction score
Daryl is my favourite character but I didn't get the bust, but the new statue is fantastic IMO, I'm a sucker for the Wolves and the hunter aspect of it so I got straight in for the signed COA by Reedus.

Reaction score
Not from the TV show but I thought some fans might be interested in this piece.

Reaction score

I thought at first the statue was some kind of a joke. But seeing as it is an official GG release, I just can't understand the purpose behind it. With so much material to be taken off the TV show, why are we getting wolves with Daryl? I'm all for artistic interpretation, I like wolves and I like Daryl, but this makes no sense to me. We haven't had many TWD releases for a show as popular as this one is. Why were time and effort invested on a symbolic interpretation of the character, instead of something truly authentic to what we've seen?

" Reedus explains the idea for the statue comes from his fans, who feel the character of Daryl, and Reedus himself, embody the spirit of the rebel, the survivor, the lone wolf."

Realistically speaking, there are no wolves in Georgia. Coyotes yes, wolves no. There haven't been any wolves on the show either. This association of Daryl's personality to a lone wolf never occurred to me, and I can't picture it to be part of his natural element. If the whole idea behind all this symbolism was to show Daryl's rebellious nature, then having him with his vintage Yamaha/Triumph Bonneville chopper would have been the perfect match. To me, this looks more like a statue made for Kevin Cotsner and "Dances with Wolves" than a "The Walking Dead" statue.

Personally, I prefer the characters to be loyal to the show or movie they represent, and this one does not qualify. Chris said in the Q & A there will be some SDCC "cool reveals". I'm not blaming Chris for anything, he is just a speaker for the company, but if this statue of Daryl is any indication of what to expect, I'm feeling a little hesitant about how authentic any TWD reveals will be at the Con.

In all: A nice sculpt, but a senseless one to me. Just my two cents.

Last edited:
Reaction score
It is a nice sculpt. Daryl is my favorite character from TWD and wolves are one of my favorite animals, but I was hoping for a new bust. It's a cool piece, but I think I'm going to pass.

I really want the 1/4 scale Daryl statue GG has coming later this year. Fingers crossed GG has some new busts at SDCC!

Reaction score
I like the Glenn...needs a bit more "weathering" on his face - looks too soft.....

And honestly, I'd just be happy with a Maggie bust. Or Maggie's bust. Whatever. :$

Reaction score
I like the Glenn...needs a bit more "weathering" on his face - looks too soft.....

And honestly, I'd just be happy with a Maggie bust. Or Maggie's bust. Whatever. :$
Ditto. No room for giant statues. And man, so far even less reveals than I thought. Sigh.

Reaction score
Ditto. No room for giant statues. And man, so far even less reveals than I thought. Sigh.
There just has to be more!?!?

I mean, a Walker or two?

And seriously......no Rick Grimes 18" statue? Who's running that company these days?

Reaction score
Something in the bottom left corner of that Maggie pic. And I need better close ups of Maggie - not a good Lauren Cohan likeness atm.

Reaction score
1: Please tell me that's not all the walking dead gg stuff.
2: I like the Maggie statue, they need to work on the likeness. (Come on just scan the actress) Not a fan of how she's holding the rifle.
3: Really disappointed in the Glenn bust. Really lackluster pose.

Reaction score
That Glenn really should have been their TWD exclusive bust.

And yeah, he's got that Bespin Han..Wedge bust pose going on.

Sigh.

Need more pics folks! Surely there is more. I see a Michonne katana replica in the background (wish they would drop the products in that line).

Last edited:
Reaction score
Looking at the pictures I've seen not really impressed with GG this year. Are they planning on showing more at some point? Only two new Walking Dead items. One new Marvel and nothing new for Hobbit. Sure we have finally gotten to see some busts that we only had drawings of before but really disappointed.