Gentle Giant Shipping

Reaction score
Please feel free to delete this post if it is inappropriate but I was just about to place an order through Gentle Giant and shipping on one bust came to $50?! Is this the norm now because of covid? I do live in Canada and have heard other international customers complain here on the boards. Just hard to justify spending $90 on a bust and pay $50 for shipping. Again sorry if this sounds like a rant.

Reaction score
Must be international, I just got 2 statues delivered to Maine and it was about $25, so not too bad.

Reaction score
Please feel free to delete this post if it is inappropriate but I was just about to place an order through Gentle Giant and shipping on one bust came to $50?! Is this the norm now because of covid? I do live in Canada and have heard other international customers complain here on the boards. Just hard to justify spending $90 on a bust and pay $50 for shipping. Again sorry if this sounds like a rant.
When the Clone Wars Rex bust was released a few weeks back, I put him in my cart alone and shipping to New Zealand was $143 (normally about $30-40) via USPS the other methods were even more! Even emptying the cart, logging out and back in and starting again gave the same result.
Needless to say I ordered elsewhere.
What I did notice was a week or so later shipping had dropped back to normal rates so not sure what they had going on with their systems but it cost them a sale.
I did wonder if they had put the box dimensions/weight in wrong and it had been corrected later once they realized the mistake.
Maybe try again in a few days time?

Reaction score
Welcome to the international shipping number randomiser! I've never know shipping rates vary so much from a single company. The triple 0 and C-3P0 are pretty much the same bust but the shipping was massively different. One of the many reasons I always look to buy elsewhere first.

Reaction score
North Bay, Ontario. Crait Luke. USPS. UPS is a dollar or two cheaper but they charge crazy handling fees.
UPs has got better at the handling fees there on par with canada post, my last 3 shipments were under $20 total where canada post will be about $16

i would not trust canada post right now with any parcel or USPS, they are bankrupt companies and there turn around time in having your parcel is 5-30days, a courier has it 3 days max usually. they also do not ship to door they jsut send them to post offices for pickup creating more chances of damage. i use to work for canada post and can tell u horror stories all day. i also own my own shipping consultant business so i know alot of how shipping is done :)

anytime u order international, always ask to put a value of under $100, i do this with GG and sometime they do it helps the handling fees.

Reaction score
i just looked at the crait luke. and there are 2 possible outcomes on that shipping

1) that shipping is wrong, GG has put the wrong data(size, weight) for the shipping rates.
2) they are using this bust and its shipping costs to make up for lost revenue on the bust.

either way i would contact GG and have them look into it as those shipping prices are not correct.

Reaction score
i just looked at the crait luke. and there are 2 possible outcomes on that shipping

1) that shipping is wrong, GG has put the wrong data(size, weight) for the shipping rates.
2) they are using this bust and its shipping costs to make up for lost revenue on the bust.

either way i would contact GG and have them look into it as those shipping prices are not correct.
Thanks for the advice. Just for fun I attempted to purchase a holo maul which is the same price and shipping came to $31. So something is definitely wrong with the shipping price on Luke.

Reaction score
Just finished ordering this bust. Checked shipping today and it was down to $31. Used my $20 off gold coupon and cost me just over $100.