Gentle Giant - Recent Acquisitions Pt 4

Reaction score
qui gon jinn bust and darth maul bust.
...one killed by obi's slowness the other from his speed.

Reaction score
Han in Stormtrooper disguise #148/3500 from the RS sale.

Luke on Tauntaun #773/4000 from the GG memorial day sale.

Leia accessory pack #898/1750 with a free Bib Fortuna from the GG sale as well.

Reaction score
I just got the Sandtrooper Sergeant & Aayla Secura mini-busts (from the Rebelscum store, thank you) and the Blue AOTC Clone Lieutenant classic bust from the '08 PGM gift. And I'm eagerly awaiting my '09 PGM gift, Rex (whenever it gets here in September)...

Reaction score
Slave Leia accessory pack. And Tie pilot busts awhile ago, just never got around to posting

Reaction score
That's excellent. It's a great statue. I just won one on eBay yesterday for $52 shipped. The bottom's falling out on Gentle Giant- there's a lot I "need" so that's not so bad.

Reaction score
It's been a buyers market for the most part for the last two years. Most of my GG collection was bought at below retail. The cheapest I ever made out was the Zuckuss minibust $.25 + 45 shipping.

Rod

Reaction score
Got a Clone Wars Obi Wan Kenobi in Clone Trooper armor maquette for $75 at a local show.

Even though I am getting back into GG, this was not one I was thinking of getting due to it's aftermarket value right now. But at this price? Heck yeah! It's one of my favorites too.

Reaction score
Today I'd been employed by my company for 10 years, normally they get you a crystal fruit bowl but to my suprise they got me this

I'm totally made up with it

Reaction score
btoTHeg said:
Today I'd been employed by my company for 10 years, normally they get you a crystal fruit bowl but to my suprise they got me this

[photo]110512[/photo]

Wow!! BtoTHeg, that's really thoughtful of them.
Cool present, but where are you going to put your fruit now?

I just ordered the Han on Tauntaun statue from Forbidden Planet for £89.99. Seemed like a good price.

Reaction score
Thanks Roddders, don't really care about the fruit with a statue like this

Just got it out of the box to look at, nightmare packing it back up.

Great price on the Han, been looking at getting one of these for a while but have only seen it going between £120 - £150, might need to check it out.

On a side note the Senate bought my 40th birthday present yesterday (with a bit of help from me) suffice it to say it's Star Wars related, it came up at great price and it's quite large

Also the Senate has agreed that I can move my study to another (larger) room. Shes' already talking display cabinets

Reaction score
btoTHeg said:

This is really cool! Much better than a fruit bowl!!

Reaction score
btoTHeg said:
Thanks Roddders, don't really care about the fruit with a statue like this

Just got it out of the box to look at, nightmare packing it back up.

Great price on the Han, been looking at getting one of these for a while but have only seen it going between £120 - £150, might need to check it out.

On a side note the Senate bought my 40th birthday present yesterday (with a bit of help from me) suffice it to say it's Star Wars related, it came up at great price and it's quite large

Also the Senate has agreed that I can move my study to another (larger) room. Shes' already talking display cabinets
Alright, Rob!

Reaction score
Congratulations. Looks like the senate is being coerced into the Dark Side.

A larger room will look so good for your collection. Can't wait to see what you get for your 40th. (I'm still thinking on what i want.)

Reaction score
In the next couple of weeks I will post photos of the new room in the Prop Limelighting Section and will provide regular updates. Just need to get my loft boarded out and a ladder put in to store all the boxes.

My 40th present arrived at work today, the box is huge!!!
Unfortunately I've been advised by the Senate that I am not to divulge what she has bought me until the end of November

Rodders, have you got your Han yet? Also Forbidden Planet on Amazon are doing the Jabba Palace Band Statue for £69.99, great price for that statue.

Rod

Reaction score
Jango Fett 2nd ver. and ROTS Darth Vader mini busts....oldies but goodies.

Reaction score
END OF NOVEMBER!!!!? I can't wait until then i don't know how you can.

I might have to check out that Max Rebo band. that's a great price. It's mine and Di's fourth anniversary next month so i'll see. (I'm trying to persuad her to get me an Attakus Han in carbonite of the Lego Millennium Falcon.) I'll report in later.

Reaction score
My Han Solo on tauntaun arrived this morning. I haven't yet opened it. Probably not until next week.

Reaction score
Kneeling Vader statue from DarthBeek - thanks for the lightning fast turnaround! I love the statue, definitely the best use of internal lighting I've seen on a GG product to date.

GNT

Reaction score
Obi-Wan in Clone Armour
Animated Darth Maul Statue
Animkated OT Obi-Wan

Reaction score
Not really a Recent pickup but more of a question without starting a new thread. I am sure it has been answered a thousand times but I can't find it.

Does Razor's Edge provide free shipping or a discount to Scummers?

Rod

Reaction score
Non Star Wars but last night I got the GG Hellboy 2 mini bust. I love it! They did a great job. It's not perfect but pretty darn close.

Reaction score
I just picked up a spirit of Obi-Wan bust from Wizard and I took it out of the box, detached the plastic tab where the batteries go, took out the little plastic thing that blocks the batteries, but the thing doesn't light up. Do you think the batteries are dead in this thing or is it a defect?