Gentle Giant DST 1/2 scale bust line

Reaction score
They showed off Darth Vader concept art and plan to make other characters. Thay want to know what pieces collectors want on FB

Reaction score
Is this something that GG plans to sell or was it a one-off, just for the show?
I would buy it as a 1/6 scale bust. Half scale would be just too big. I've always been a supporter of a trio of busts with the three most recognized names: McQuarrie, Williams and Lucas, all three as part of the Mini Bust line or Classics line, even if they are made sporting the faux bronze look.

That said, I believe the bust to be just a display piece for the show? rather than an actual product being made. I found this other picture where you can see the pedestal the bust is sitting on, and a plaque with some info on it ...

Last edited:
Reaction score
As for what half scale pieces I would want, I'd say an Emperor ( Emperor) Palpatine comes to mind, and a McQuarrie Vader or Stormtrooper to display with the mini busts.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Boba Fett, Jango Fett or Stormtrooper. Vader also, but to be honest I would never buy anything that massive.

Reaction score
For me personally, it’s 1/6 or bust...no pun intended! That scale size & prize is just right, IMO.

Reaction score
Yeah. I won't be collecting this line either. Too big, and takes up too much precious space. However, as I mentioned above, one or two pieces to accent a certain area of my collection, I will consider. I already have the half scale Obi-Wan bust Sideshow released a few years ago (displayed on top of one of my Detolfs) as part of a shrine to old Ben with other Obi-Wan collectibles. My main focus as far as GG goes, are the mini busts. Just keep putting them out. Those were the ones that made GG a popular brand among collectors, and in fact what's kept many of us still interested.