Gentle Giant .45 Scale Helmet Poll

Which scaled helmet should Gentle Giant make next?

• Total voters
Reaction score
Pardon my ignorance here folks ...
Are these the same helmets Sergiu mentioned and which I translated their description on post #172 , available in France and Spain at the time, or is this a different line of helmets altogether by Altaya? I certainly hope it is a new line, same size as Riddell's. In my opinion the Altaya line previously discussed is very nice, but way too small to offer much visual impact nor inside details. That said, I would collect them if they ever become available here. Riddell was/is the perfect size for small spaces; just big enough to offer intricate details without compromising too much precious space. They are great companion pieces for the Master Replicas scaled line of lightsabers and blasters, too. GG has left us hanging with this line for years, after getting the reins from Master Replicas.

Last edited:
Reaction score
From what I can tell it's not a new line, it's the Altaya stuff just about to be released in the UK. De Agostini was the same way.

Reaction score
Riddell/MR/GG helmets are bigger than the DeAgostini ones, there is no comparison between the 2 lines IMO. Riddell mini-helmets were very cool. As for the DeAgostini there might be a few I'd be interested in, but no way I'll make a subscription to get all the clones ones I'm don't care about.

Reaction score
Riddell/MR/GG helmets are bigger than the DeAgostini ones, there is no comparison between the 2 lines IMO. Riddell mini-helmets were very cool. As for the DeAgostini there might be a few I'd be interested in, but no way I'll make a subscription to get all the clones ones I'm don't care about.
Indeed. Nothing comes close to the scaled helmets Riddell initiated: small enough to display with ease practically anywhere, yet big enough to show intricate details. DeAgostini is a totally different entity: too small to be fully appreciated, and lacking the details most helmet collectors want to see. As tiny accent pieces to fill up a gap on a shelf, I guess they could work. Now that I've given it more thought, their line does not really interest me. They are not what I'm looking to get.

I think what everybody had in mind when this post was created almost three years ago, and I think most of us still want to see, is for the (almost) 1/2 scale to see a comeback, starting with a variety of helmets never made before. That same scale Riddell pioneered, MR acquired, GG took possession of and has ignored for years. Hopefully one day someone will get them made again.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind a couple of the DeAgostini helmets if the price was around $8-10, but not for what they are going on ebay.

Reaction score
I'm not sure I really want these to be honest, I like the 0.45 scale helmets as they are impressive but 1:5 scale doesn't have the same impact for me..., I got a set of 8 Iron Man helmets from King Arts in Hong Kong a few months ago & whilst I'd say they are nice, it didn't inspire me to get the other 5 sets & that's my feeling regarding these helmets, ok but not wow or must haves.

Reaction score
With TFA coming out, assuming that this line would get revived, I'd LOVE to see them produce the evolution of the storm trooper (not all of the various units / colors...just the plain white versions).

Reaction score
I've been wanting them to make a plain white phase I clone helmet for years so that I can have the evolution display just as you've mentioned & so now that'll include the new Stormtrooper helmet too..., I really hope someone starts making these helmets again. :(

Reaction score
Let's hope a serious company sees the opportunity and starts making these once again. There are so many helmets that need to be made from OT, PT, CW and now TFA. Maybe even from Rebels.

Reaction score
Let's hope a serious company sees the opportunity and starts making these once again. There are so many helmets that need to be made from OT, PT, CW and now TFA. Maybe even from Rebels.
Which ones did you have in mind from Rebels?

Reaction score
Not Sergiu, but the AT-DP and ITT driver helmets would be cool, plus the stormtrooper cadets (standard cadet and Ezra's repaint). Plus, you know, just doing cartoon versions ala the Rebels animation style.

Reaction score
Not Sergiu, but the AT-DP and ITT driver helmets would be cool, plus the stormtrooper cadets (standard cadet and Ezra's repaint). Plus, you know, just doing cartoon versions ala the Rebels animation style.
Perfect choices. I only collect OT Imperials, but I'm sure the others would be easily collected by fans

Reaction score
I'd love to see some McQuarrie concept helmets in this scale: Vader, Stormtrooper, Sandtrooper. Oh, yeah!

Reaction score
There are still so many that could get made and with the new movies coming out only increases that number. I think that if the line is done correctly it could be better than some of the other collectibles out there. With the number of charaters and types of helmets they could offer standard releases, web exclusives, con exclusives and even store exclusives (like koto is doing with the astromechs at B & N).

Reaction score
There's certainly plenty of room to satisfy collectors from all seven films, and beyond. Offering them at a price most people would find to be affordable, could help promote the line. One of the main reasons that kept people away from collecting the mini helmets when Riddell first introduced this scale was their high cost. That should be taken under account and make them more accessible to everyone this time. That, and offering mini helmets never produced before first. I don't care in how many colors they can make Vader, Stormtrooper and Fett helmets; there are plenty of those to go around, and collectors who wanted these most likely already have one two or all of them by now and variations. Please, stay away from rehashes and repaints and offer a new design first.

In all : Affordable prices + new designs could be the key to get the most collector attention, and expand the line with a truly renewed interest. Now ... Who cares to make them? :(

Last edited:
Reaction score
I was told by Chris at celebration that GG would consider reviving this line if there was enough interest ,like 300 - 400 of us.

Reaction score
I was told by Chris at celebration that GG would consider reviving this line if there was enough interest ,like 300 - 400 of us.
Those were more or less the same words used by Greg a few years ago when this thread was started. If I remember correctly, he went as far as to mention they would "consider making the one mini helmet with the most votes".

They have the license to produce them, and yet they want to account for a certain amount of people to show interest before donig anything? We are the ones posting here, but there are folks in other forums wanting these to be made again as well. There are also collectors out there that choose not to post but have an interest. I've interacted with some of them at conventions. Then there are casual collectors, not necessarily completely focusing on Star Wars that could easily take an interest on these because of its compact, intricate and recognizeable desings. If three to four hundred people is what it will take to get them going with these, then maybe a petition should be started somewhere. I just don't get it. Why hold the reins of a line you do not care to produce rather than to pass it on to someone willing to take the chance, willing to make them? :confused:

Reaction score
Those were more or less the same words used by Greg a few years ago when this thread was started. If I remember correctly, he went as far as to mention they would "consider making the one mini helmet with the most votes".They have the license to produce them, and yet they want to account for a certain amount of people to show interest before donig anything? We are the ones posting here, but there are folks in other forums wanting these to be made again as well. There are also collectors out there that choose not to post but have an interest. I've interacted with some of them at conventions. Then there are casual collectors, not necessarily completely focusing on Star Wars that could easily take an interest on these because of its compact, intricate and recognizeable desings. If three to four hundred people is what it will take to get them going with these, then maybe a petition should be started somewhere. I just don't get it. Why hold the reins of a line you do not care to produce rather than to pass it on to someone willing to take the chance, willing to make them? :confused:
300-400 people have to show interest before they'll consider reviving the line? If that's the case who the hell showed interest in the Marvel and DC Jumbo lines? Line them up, I'll slap all 400 of them. If GG had a decent track record of following through with lines or listening to their fans then I'd expect to see the helmets, but they don't so all it is now is hot air.

Reaction score
300-400 people have to show interest before they'll consider reviving the line? If that's the case who the hell showed interest in the Marvel and DC Jumbo lines? Line them up, I'll slap all 400 of them. If GG had a decent track record of following through with lines or listening to their fans then I'd expect to see the helmets, but they don't so all it is now is hot air.
Exactly: Lots of hot air.

Reaction score
It's upsetting and frustrating seeing these tiny 1/4 scale helmets: AT-AT Driver, Scout Trooper, etc, and think of how nice these could look if ever made in the .45 sequestered scale.
We can dream. These helmets are too small and too expensive for what they are. Riddell/MR/GG type helmets were just perfect in size.

Reaction score
Wishful dreaming...but I would have loved to see a Riddell First Order stormtrooper, snow trooper, flame trooper& Kylo Ren.

Reaction score
Wishful dreaming...but I would have loved to see a Riddell First Order stormtrooper, snow trooper, flame trooper& Kylo Ren.
Dreaming is free and our imagination can run wild, indeed. We can only hope that, with the release of the upcoming film, this gone to waste line gets back into play or at least it gets handed over to someone that cares to produce it.