Gentle Giant .45 Scale Helmet Poll

Which scaled helmet should Gentle Giant make next?

• Total voters
Reaction score
Thanks. If I do, you will be one of the first to know. I don't think they would be cheap. Cost of helmet + decals + base plaque (if MR base) + paints and labor.
Thanks, man. I appreciate that. I sent you a PM in regards to this subject. :)

Note: "disgruntledjawa has exceeded their stored private messages quota" ... As soon as you clear some space I'll resend it. :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
If Gentle Giant doesn't want to do anything with this line, couldn't we do something to come up with a petition of some sort for Riddell to take over the line again?

Reaction score
If Gentle Giant doesn't want to do anything with this line, couldn't we do something to come up with a petition of some sort for Riddell to take over the line again?
Sounds like a plan, maybe find Riddell's e-mail address & all e-mail them about it???

Reaction score
Those repaints are fantastic! Here are the repaints I've done in the last few months. Never did any custom stuff before now I'm hooked. Started with Biggs then moved to Porkins, Red 10 and Red Leader. You can see they got a little better as I figured out what I was doing. Still need to work on the bases.
Just bringing back your old work here. I'd love to see them all together on a shelf somewhere. :)

Reaction score
I shall have to hunt these down, thanks for sharing this..., it's good to see some helmets being made, even if they are on the small side. :)

Reaction score
I'm really liking all these mini helmet. Smaller than Riddell unfortunately, but their size makes them great companion pieces to larger items placed on a small shelf or tight display area. Are these only going to be sold in France and Spain? I need these! Thanks for posting, Sergiu. :)

According to the Spanish website, it translates:

• Miniature made of ABS in 1/5 scale
• True reproductions of the original helmets
• Moveable visors
• Each miniature has a personalized based and a dust cover for great conservation

Translated from the Spanish website:

¿How many "deliveries" are in this collection?

This collection is made of 60 deliveries. You will be able to collect the helmets of the most emblematic characters of the Star Wars Saga.

* In U.S dollars these will cost $17.30 each

Each miniature will be accompanied by a 16 page pamphlet covering the most mystic scenes from the Saga and offering detailed information about the helmets, uniforms and weapons used by all the different characters.
For more information get in touch with our Customer Service department at this phone number: 902 11 45 59.

Star Wars Helmet Collection 1/5 scale

Last edited:
Reaction score
I hope we get them in the UK too but they have been doing France & Spain only Star Wars collectibles for many years now so I may have to import them..., not sure I want all 60 but the thought of 60 different helmets sounds great. :)

Reaction score
I hope we get them in the UK too but they have been doing France & Spain only Star Wars collectibles for many years now so I may have to import them..., not sure I want all 60 but the thought of 60 different helmets sounds great. :)
Help me, Kev. You are closer to them than I am... just a walk away, really.

Reaction score
If I can get them without too much hassle then I'll get you some too. :)

I wish there was a way to subscribe to the Deagostini club to get them. Apparently a new helmet will be available every 15 days. Unfortunately as I was reading in the Spaniard website, they will only allow subscriptions and deliveries within Spain. I don't know if it will be the same for France, though. Ebay would be the other option.

Reaction score
I'm really curious if these will be available in some EU shops. some of them are really appealing. The funny thing is I like the clones lids more than some OT troopers.

Reaction score
Well they've got back to me, here in the UK they are currently promoting the Star Wars fact file & not the helmet line, they may look at promoting the helmets in the future but not at this time & I can't subscribe to the promotions in Spain unless I live there (they didn't say regarding France though). :(

Reaction score
So I guess anyone who wants these mini helmets, needs to get ahold of French or Spanish members/collectors to help

Reaction score
So I guess anyone who wants these mini helmets, needs to get ahold of French or Spanish members/collectors to help
That's the problem. For instance, the people I know from Spain and France live in the U. S or Canada, so there's nothing they can do. Given the chance, I would collect them all, but I'm really liking Lando's Skiff, the Royal Guard and the Boushh helmet the most. I guess I'll have to look for them on Ebay and if so, how many I get will be determined by whatever inflated price they sell them for.

Reaction score
Wonder if they'll do the numerous X-wing repaints? I'd be in for some of those. Wedge almost certainly; possibly Biggs.

Reaction score
That's the problem. For instance, the people I know from Spain and France live in the U. S or Canada, so there's nothing they can do. Given the chance, I would collect them all, but I'm really liking Lando's Skiff, the Royal Guard and the Boushh helmet the most. I guess I'll have to look for them on Ebay and if so, how many I get will be determined by whatever inflated price they sell them for.
]

Julian, you have an email with info from my French friend, waiting for reply there. :)

BTW: "LightSword has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space."

Reaction score
Last edited:
Reaction score
Yeah, I think I would definitely like a few of these. Is that the ROTJ stormtrooper? The eyes look weird.

Reaction score
I don't think it's any particular Stormtrooper really, probably just their interpretation of a Stormie.

Reaction score
No ROTJ Stormtrooper there, just a weird helmet looking helmet, maybe partially inspired by Rubies...

Last edited:
Reaction score
Do you have the Riddel helmet replicas, Serg? Are they pretty screen accurate?

Reaction score
I have the Riddell Vader and MR Stormie and BlackHole Stormie. The Riddell Vader is the best of the scaled Vaders: Riddell, MR, GG versions, because it is a true reveal helmet. The MR and Riddell Stormie and BH are identical except the stand, MR stand being nicer with the front plate IMO. As for accuracy, the ones I have are not too accurate, but quite cool nevertheless. It is like a scaled down helmet as you might have seen in a real Star Wars universe - symmetrical, perfect and with lots of tech systems inside: comms, air breathers etc.

Reaction score
I have the Ridell Vader, stormie, Fett, C3PO & X-wing...which I believe is all of them. Finally have them all out on display.

Reaction score
Yeah, me too..., it'd be good to have a phase I clone trooper helmet too, we could have the 4 phases of the helmets lined up together then. :)

Reaction score
I have seen information of a possible new magazine series related to Star Wars Helmets that could be released in the UK during the next few months. Helmets look really nice. Approx. 4" in height on a base with character name on it. Fingers crossed the trial is a positive one and it gets the green light for nationwide release.

Last edited:
Reaction score
That's great news, glad they aren't restricting these helmets just to Spain & France, it makes sense we should get them too as there's certainly the fan base here..., they are 1:5 scale I believe. :)

Reaction score
That's the Altaya line, yes? Are they doing more than Luke's X-Wing helmet? The Vader doesn't look great to me, and the stormtrooper looks like the hero version, which I don't really like.

Reaction score
Yes, that's the ones..., not found any information about them coming over to the UK on Google but as its a pretty new line really (15 issues released so far in France), I guess it's early days yet really.

Reaction score
Yes, that's the ones..., not found any information about them coming over to the UK on Google but as its a pretty new line really (15 issues released so far in France), I guess it's early days yet really.
Thats because its a secret project here in the UK, until it is officially announced i doubt there will be any info. It looks the same as the Spain release.
I was fortunate to see the magazine and the actual helmets of Vader, Boba, Stormtrooper and Luke X Wing. Looks like a nice collection. Especially like the Scout Trooper and At At driver helmets. Hopefully enough people will wsnt to collect and it does go nationwide.

Reaction score
Thats because its a secret project here in the UK, until it is officially announced i doubt there will be any info. It looks the same as the Spain release.
I was fortunate to see the magazine and the actual helmets of Vader, Boba, Stormtrooper and Luke X Wing. Looks like a nice collection. Especially like the Scout Trooper and At At driver helmets. Hopefully enough people will wsnt to collect and it does go nationwide.
Well I can't think of a Star Wars helmet I wouldn't want, had a look at a forum in France & I saw pictures of 21 different helmets..., my thoughts were I wouldn't mind owning all of those. :)