Gentle Giant .45 Scale Helmet Poll

Which scaled helmet should Gentle Giant make next?

• Total voters
Reaction score
Great customs there! This should be a hint for GG, that they can make helmets like these and people will be interested!

Reaction score
I think $40.00 to $60.00 would be reasonable for these helmets. :)
If they are new sculpts, I don't mind paying those prices. If anything gets made though, they should start things up by releasing a completely new helmet, not a repaint. I'd love to see rebel pilot helmets made but these should be released after the new sculpts are offered. Doing so will spark more interest in the line and get more people to buy them. JMHO

Reaction score
If they are new sculpts, I don't mind paying those prices. If anything gets made though, they should start things up by releasing a completely new helmet, not a repaint. I'd love to see rebel pilot helmets made but these should be released after the new sculpts are offered. Doing so will spark more interest in the line and get more people to buy them. JMHO
Yes, I agree..., I want an AT AT Driver helmet & a Tie Fighter helmet more than any of the others, they are what I'd like to see made rather than repainted helmets. :)

Reaction score
As much as i want rebel pilot helmets I totally agree with you. We need to see at least three new helmets before whe start seeing repaints, unless we get a repaint as a con exclusive before a second or third helmet is released.

Reaction score
Yes, I agree..., I want an AT AT Driver helmet & a Tie Fighter helmet more than any of the others, they are what I'd like to see made rather than repainted helmets. :)
The funny thing is that AT-AT Driver and TIE Fighter Pilots are not really new sculpts. :) Riddell already had them in plans, and even if they didn't, it is just a matter of joining a Stormtrooper faceplate to a Rebel Pilot helmet and add some greeblies. The greeblies for the AT-AT driver are more intricate and detailed than for the TIE Pilot but they can be done, heck even Marmit and Tomy managed to add them on the 1:6 figure and 1:7 mini-helmet.

Reaction score
The funny thing is that AT-AT Driver and TIE Fighter Pilots are not really new sculpts. :) Riddell already had them in plans, and even if they didn't, it is just a matter of joining a Stormtrooper faceplate to a Rebel Pilot helmet and add some greeblies. The greeblies for the AT-AT driver are more intricate and detailed than for the TIE Pilot but they can be done, heck even Marmit and Tomy managed to add them on the 1:6 figure and 1:7 mini-helmet.
Well it sounds like we could see new 0.45 scale helmets pretty soonish then if Gentle Giant decide to start making the line again & go down the route of making an AT AT Driver (seeing as that's the helmet in the lead). :)

Reaction score
Well it sounds like we could see new 0.45 scale helmets pretty soonish then if Gentle Giant decide to start making the line again & go down the route of making an AT AT Driver (seeing as that's the helmet in the lead). :)
The questions will still remain, though: How soon will soon be? ... Soon as in real time or soon as in Gentle Giant time?

Reaction score
It it is Gentle Giant time, it would take as long as for an AT-AT to walk from Earth to Moon... LOL

Reaction score
I'd pick up select repaints. I wouldn't get clones (not my thing) but would get x-wing pilots for sure. Jango wasn't a bad repaint but the rerelease of the 3PO and Vader plus the Vader repaints hurt. With you having the Jango could you please post some close up pics of the base? I just want to see some of the detail. I saw it along time ago and didn't care for it. I think it was too busy. The base should be a solid black, with a logo or name plate, so you focus on the helmet.
Sorry it took so long BUT I finally remembered to take a couple of pictures of the Jango helmet base. :)

Reaction score
The Jango base looks nice, but it would go better for a real Imperial like a TIE Fighter Pilot, especially due to its Death Star surface resemblance

Reaction score
I thought that too, the base definitely doesn't go with Jango, he lost his head before the Death Star was even built!!!

Reaction score
Sorry it took so long BUT I finally remembered to take a couple of pictures of the Jango helmet base. :)

Thanks for the pictures, Kev. The base doesn't really match the place in time of the character. It is exactly as the one used for the exclusive gold Darth Vader helmet I have in my office. The difference being, the base goes perfect with Vader, not so with Jango. Never got around to picking up the Jango helmet but when I do, I'll use an extra Riddell stand I have left from a trade and come up with a mandalorian symbol to place on it. I liked the original bases made by Riddell. They were simple, hot stamped with either an Imperial or Rebel logo, depending on the helmet's origin and did not take away from focusing on the helmet.

Reaction score
Although I like the idea of the Death Star base, I think they should've been a bit more creative & left that base for the Darth Vader helmets..., if they wanted an interesting base for Jango they should've made it look like a section of his ship (Slave 1) but that's just my opinion. :) I personally like Master Replicas bases best, the little plaque telling you a bit about the helmet is a nice touch & I'd personally prefer this on any new helmets made..., just because I like it & think it was a good idea. :)

Reaction score
You made a good point there, Kev. Hypothetically speaking of course, if they are to continue this line using elaborate stands ( as the one seen here ), it is a great idea to do so in a way they match the environment the character moves in, or are reminiscent of something directly tied to the character. The Master Replicas plaque on their stands wasn't a bad idea. As you mentioned, it was informative by describing a little bit about the character but to me personally, I was more fond of the floating effect the previous style gave to the helmets. It comes down to a liking preference like you said. Base style aside, we can all agree what's to be displayed on them is the most important issue. So whether the bases turn out to be elaborate, with a plaque or without ...Make the helmets already! :)

Reaction score
Yes, definitely agree with you there..., the helmets are the most important thing, the bases just display the helmets we want & nothing more!!! :) I want some new helmets made & ready to buy right now, yesterday in fact BUT realistically speaking I'd settle for confirmation that they are going to make a new 0.45 scale helmet. :)

Reaction score
Just started working on another x-wing helmet. Got bored while I was watching Ghostbusters this last weekend so I started sanding down an helmet. It will be awhile before I post any pics. Still need to buy paint and a few other supplies for it.

Reaction score
Just started working on another x-wing helmet. Got bored while I was watching Ghostbusters this last weekend so I started sanding down an helmet. It will be awhile before I post any pics. Still need to buy paint and a few other supplies for it.
Cool, what one are you doing now???

Reaction score
Wow close to a dozen pages in this thread and not one comment from GG LTD... :wtf:. I see the GG helmet license going far...far away! B)

Reaction score
Speaking of repaints, a few years ago I was lucky enough to buy a couple of custom scaled helmets from forum member MAF. These were the result of the collaboration of three forums members ( including PHANTER96 making the stands logo ), and offering a run of a 100 helmets, I believe. These have been proudly displayed in my collection since I received them as a true example of the dedication to the hobby, inspiration, and talent many fans have.

Using the Master Replicas Stormtrooper scaled helmet as their canvas, they were able to repaint the helmets, authentically recreating unique ranking marks, burns and weathering for the Imperial Stormtrooper Commander and the Imperial Incinerator Trooper from The Force Unleashed. Take a look ...

Simply amazing!! I loved both of those games and still replay them all the time.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I really like The Force Unleashed, Django. It was my son that got me into it, and once we started playing we could hardly put the game down. We used to play it almost every day.

As for these helmets in particular, the effort these fans put into producing them honoring the game was a true labor of love, and this thread, these pictures and that of others should had sent plenty of signals to GG showing there was/is much interest to bring back the Mini-helmet line. Apparently GG have gotten so busy producing other stuff, that everything seems to have fallen on deaf ears. Just like it happened recently with the R2 statue after years of wait, any minute now I'm expecting to read about the mini helmet line being canceled. Since hope is all that's left, I surely hope I'm wrong and they bring back these collectibles so many of us have been asking for years. The line has so much potential, so much to offer.

Last edited:
Reaction score
On the up side, if Gentle Giant were to finally state that they'll not be making any new scaled replica helmets then at least that would free up the licence for another company to start making them..., eFX comes to mind. :)

Reaction score
On the up side, if Gentle Giant were to finally state that they'll not be making any new scaled replica helmets then at least that would free up the licence for another company to start making them..., eFX comes to mind. :)
Certainly! If they are not up to it, why not let it go? Give it back to Riddell, eFX or any other company that could truly get the ball rolling again, but don't let it go to waste.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Certainly! If they are not up to it, why not let it go? Give it back to Riddell, eFX or any other company that could truly get the ball rolling again, but don't let it go to waste.
It is a waste of a truly great line I think & I feel quite passionately about it really, I'd love to see some new mini helmets added to my collection & there are so many that could be made..., I like the idea of Riddell getting the licence back seeing as they already made a prototype Tie Fighter Pilot so that's a workable quick start up for production, I guess any company could buy the moulds or designs for it though. :)

Reaction score
I really like The Force Unleashed, Django. It was my son that got me into it, and once we started playing we could hardly put the game down. We used to play it almost every day.

As for these helmets in particular, the effort these fans put into producing them honoring the game was a true labor of love, and this thread, these pictures and that of others should had sent plenty of signals to GG showing there was/is much interest to bring back the Mini-helmet line. Apparently GG have gotten so busy producing other stuff, that everything seems to have fallen on deaf ears. Just like it happened recently with the R2 statue after years of wait, any minute now I'm expecting to read about the mini helmet line being canceled. Since hope is all that's left, I surely hope I'm wrong and they bring back these collectibles so many of us have been asking for years. The line has so much potential, so much to offer.
Hey LightSword, that's cool about you and your son both playing it. The games (I like I and II) are simply awesome. Some things could have been executed better in play, but overall I just enjoy coming home after a long week of work and beating the crap out of people using the force LOL!

I also agree these mini helmets are simply incredible! And SHOULD sent a message to GG, but one I guess they aren't getting or interested in anymore. With all these new SW flicks and animated series on the horizon I'd expect a higher commitment and push from them. But they must feel "oh the SW geeks will ALWAYS be there", which is a mistake. We can always go elsewhere!

I loved Riddell to be able to do these again. To me those were THE definitive versions of the mini. Being Riddell has been officially doing college and Pro helmets for the actual teams forever, they know what they are doing. Their sports minis and FS authentics are all top notch!

Reaction score
It is a waste of a truly great line I think & I feel quite passionately about it really, I'd love to see some new mini helmets added to my collection & there are so many that could be made..., I like the idea of Riddell getting the licence back seeing as they already made a prototype Tie Fighter Pilot so that's a workable quick start up for production, I guess any company could buy the moulds or designs for it though. :)
Couldn't agree with you more, Kev!

Reaction score
I really hope a company will get the license for the scaled helmets. Except Riddell, all other companies who got the license did only repaints with minor changes - and sometimes for the worse ie MR scaled Vader helmet compared to the cool reveal from Riddell. Maybe when the new SW will be released some company with real entrepreneur ideas might take over. So many helmets that can be made from OT, PT, CW and maybe the new SW. I'm sure fans would even agree to help them decide what helmets to make and how to make them.

Reaction score
Thought I'd give this thread a little nudge/bump..., I've certainly not forgotten about it & keep hoping that one day we'll hear some news about this line..., as I've said before this line has so much potential & it's a damned shame it's being neglected. :(

Reaction score
Yeah and didn't GG say forever ago that an announcement would be made soon on the next helmet. Shame.

Reaction score
Yeah and didn't GG say forever ago that an announcement would be made soon on the next helmet. Shame.
Yes, I remember that too..., I remember Greg saying that we had to tell them where we wanted this line to go as he thought it was done, which was an obvious shock to most considering how few helmets have been made..., I had hoped we were getting somewhere though but it still appears that this line is dead in the water. :(

Reaction score
According to Greg's YouTube video during Celebration 6 , they seem to be quite busy branching out and placing their attention on other lines. He mentioned to YodasNews, people would need to let him know what would be their most wanted helmet, ONLY ONE, and that he would make an effort to have it made. "Give me not eight, but the one piece you want and you can have it"- He said. In all honestly, while any effort to move forward the line is appreciated, it seems ridiculous to me to have the reins of a line where ONLY ONE helmet might be made, and only IF enough requests are gathered. Why not give the line to someone else ( Gee! Riddell comes to mind) so they can actually get serious at it and produce not just one, but all the mini helmets we should have gotten by now.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Riddell did a great job on these scaled helmets. I'm sure if given time and opportunity we would have seen all OT, PT and even CW helmets made by them. Too bad MR and now GG are too blind to see the opportunity this line offers to both the collectors and the company itself.

Reaction score
Although I'd very much like to see this line reinstated, I think the only way they'll ever happen is if some other company get the licence from Gentle Giant, hopefully one day that will happen. :)