Gentle Giant .45 Scale Helmet Poll

Which scaled helmet should Gentle Giant make next?

• Total voters
Reaction score
I've sent a message to Chris asking about the link to the main page idea..., I think it's a good thing to do if we can get it on the front page as we need ALOT more voters if we're going to get this scaled helmet line resurrected. :) Figured I'd just send a message rather than waiting to see if someone else has, better to have 2 or more messages asking for something to be done rather than waiting to see if a message has been sent & then finding out none have!!! :)
Thanks for having the initiative, Kev!

I've mentioned this on the front page, so you should start to see the poll numbers increase shortly.
Thanks, Chris! Already the vote numbers have increased and it looks as if the Tie Fighter Pilot helmet is catching up, right behind the AT-AT helmet for a first place :)

Reaction score
I would be happy with either of those two Tie or AT AT are both full of WIN

GGC

Reaction score
So do I. Isn't Yodas news doing this too?
Yup, GG actually asked YN to do it back on 8.24 - So far the leaders there are similar to the leaders here. Last I checked we had just shy of 150 votes. They asked around the 3:30 on this video - Star Wars Celebration 6 VI Gentle Giant LTD Q&A Session With Greg Crafts - YouTube

We are going to keep taking votes until 9-24 and then send Greg our info - We can add them together to make the voice even louder.

Here was the top 3 count as of 9-7, haven't updated the last few days:

AT-AT - 72
Tie Fighter - 51
Scout Trooper - 17

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yup, GG actually asked YN to do it back on 8.24 - So far the leaders there are similar to the leaders here. Last I checked we had just shy of 150 votes. They asked around the 3:30 on this video - Star Wars Celebration 6 VI Gentle Giant LTD Q&A Session With Greg Crafts - YouTube

We are going to keep taking votes until 9-24 and then send Greg our info - We can add them together to make the voice even louder.

Here was the top 3 count as of 9-7, haven't updated the last few days:

AT-AT - 72
Tie Fighter - 51
Scout Trooper - 17
Very cool! The more votes the better. They could make the helmet X first (looking at the people's votes), then move to helmet Y, Z and so on.

Reaction score
Too bad we could only vote once. I'd go for TIE pilot, At AT driver, Royal guard and More Xwing pilots. I've been wanting more of these since they did Wedge's.

Reaction score
I'm surprised that GG has decided to finally show some interest in this line after years of doing....NOTHING. Regardless, I'm still down for more .45 helmets.

Get them done this time!

Reaction score
I am VERY happy in the boost in votes we've now got..., from 49 to 115 is great. :) Well we are definitely now on track for a decent poll & I'm feeling VERY confident we may well see a return of these scaled helmets, fingers crossed anyway. :)

Reaction score
I really think that GG would be doing a safe investment if they do limit runs of 100-200 units of each helmet, at a normal price tag for a mini helmet, they will sell out for sure.

GGC

Reaction score
I really think that GG would be doing a safe investment if they do limit runs of 100-200 units of each helmet, at a normal price tag for a mini helmet, they will sell out for sure.
That could never happen, the tooling alone for a new piece would demand at least a run of 500-1000 Min, if not more. Back when MR had them I had talked exclusives with them and a repaint was a min 500 run and a new sculpt with the tooling has to be 1000-1500 depending on the complexity. A repaint like they did the Gold and Pink Vaders maybe less, but if any of the top 3 win, I think we are looking at at least 500 and most likely be exclusive to a place like EE or something.

Reaction score
Nice to see the Boushh helmet doing well in the poll, it's always been one of my favourtie designs. :)

Reaction score
That could never happen, the tooling alone for a new piece would demand at least a run of 500-1000 Min, if not more. Back when MR had them I had talked exclusives with them and a repaint was a min 500 run and a new sculpt with the tooling has to be 1000-1500 depending on the complexity. A repaint like they did the Gold and Pink Vaders maybe less, but if any of the top 3 win, I think we are looking at at least 500 and most likely be exclusive to a place like EE or something.
500 and exclusive is not that bad either. I mean, 200 it's not strange numbers right now for GG (see the AT-RT for the case or probably the Vizla Holo maquette), so that's why I indicated that number. I mean, 200 votes they nearly have them today in the polls, so that number will probably be sold. A little bit more? Sure. 500? I have the feeling that if they release 500 of any of those helmets, they won't sold out and they won't continue the line.

Reaction score
Interesting that we've had over 1,700 views on this thread yet only 123 votes as of this post. :p
Surely interesting. It could be us, die hard mini helmet lovers, going over and over discussing all the possibilities and reading what others are saying what has produced that many views. Heck, I don't know. It would only take each of those 123 voters more or less 14 visits to this page to amount approximately. 1,700 views ... or maybe we are just getting a bunch of lurkers, undecided voters!

C'mon, guys. Exercise your rights and vote. This is indeed an election year! :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
There might be something else. The Riddell helmets were long gone. MR ones are also gone. GG didn't do much. All of these might not appeal to all collectors either. When/if the new helmets will be released they really need to promote them well, even outside the GG sector.

Reaction score
There might be something else. The Riddell helmets were long gone. MR ones are also gone. GG didn't do much. All of these might not appeal to all collectors either. When/if the new helmets will be released they really need to promote them well, even outside the GG sector.
I have been trying to buy up at least one of each of the different helmets made in the 0.45 scale but it's not that easy to get hold of them at a decent price so at the moment I have 9 of the potential 15 helmets out their..., I'm not interested in buying the Gentle Giant pink/gold Vader helmets but I do still want the Blackhole/Shadow Stormtrooper & a couple of the clone helmets (shock & shadow) at the very least BUT it'd be great if Gentle Giant started to make new helmets because that way I could buy them when new up for sale & not have to hunt around on the secondary market hoping for one I'm after to pop up. :)

Reaction score
GG's pink and gold helmet were a real bomb. I count Jango Fett as they're only real, decent release. I would be all over this line if they can get pack to it. There's a ton of possibilities with Pilots and Imperials alone.

Reaction score
I think with GG starting off releasing repaints hurt the run. If they would have released something new and then cashed in on that with a repaint like Jango the line may have lasted longer. Also I think the base design really hurt the sales.

Reaction score
I think with GG starting off releasing repaints hurt the run. If they would have released something new and then cashed in on that with a repaint like Jango the line may have lasted longer. Also I think the base design really hurt the sales.
I think maybe your right, I thought it a bit odd that Jango Fett had what seems to be a Death Star base when he died long before a Death Star was even built??? :\ As for different coloured Darth Vader helmets..., well I'm not even remotely a fan of that idea at all so they weren't something for me to entertain!!! I couldn't believe that they'd only release 3 respray helmets & then call it a day, I mean they had to know it wouldn't go down well with collectors??? I bought Jango Fett as I didn't have a scaled helmet in that design so I thought it was a good buy but that's all I bought from Gentle Giant's repaints, we need something fresh & new!!!

WELL..., having said that, if they'd just repainted different clone helmets I'd have bought them quite happily BUT I'm a fan of the clones & I'm pretty sure you'd have done the same if they'd made the X-Wing pilot helmets, wouldn't you??? :)

Reaction score
I think that everyone that has voted keeps checking back. I know I do.
Me too. :\

They will make the con exclusives ;)

Reaction score
Do you guys think we've got all the votes we're going to get OR should we ask for another front page link to go up soon so anyone who hasn't voted yet, can??? I keep looking at the poll to see how many votes we've got so I'm definitely a high contributor to the views this thread has gotten so far..., I'm happy we've got 129 votes now but I was hoping for a couple of hundred in order for Greg to get a good idea going forward with this line.

Reaction score
I think maybe your right, I thought it a bit odd that Jango Fett had what seems to be a Death Star base when he died long before a Death Star was even built??? :\ As for different coloured Darth Vader helmets..., well I'm not even remotely a fan of that idea at all so they weren't something for me to entertain!!! I couldn't believe that they'd only release 3 respray helmets & then call it a day, I mean they had to know it wouldn't go down well with collectors??? I bought Jango Fett as I didn't have a scaled helmet in that design so I thought it was a good buy but that's all I bought from Gentle Giant's repaints, we need something fresh & new!!!

WELL..., having said that, if they'd just repainted different clone helmets I'd have bought them quite happily BUT I'm a fan of the clones & I'm pretty sure you'd have done the same if they'd made the X-Wing pilot helmets, wouldn't you??? :)

I'd pick up select repaints. I wouldn't get clones (not my thing) but would get x-wing pilots for sure. Jango wasn't a bad repaint but the rerelease of the 3PO and Vader plus the Vader repaints hurt. With you having the Jango could you please post some close up pics of the base? I just want to see some of the detail. I saw it along time ago and didn't care for it. I think it was too busy. The base should be a solid black, with a logo or name plate, so you focus on the helmet.

Reaction score
I'd pick up select repaints. I wouldn't get clones (not my thing) but would get x-wing pilots for sure. Jango wasn't a bad repaint but the rerelease of the 3PO and Vader plus the Vader repaints hurt. With you having the Jango could you please post some close up pics of the base? I just want to see some of the detail. I saw it along time ago and didn't care for it. I think it was too busy. The base should be a solid black, with a logo or name plate, so you focus on the helmet.
I'll take a few pictures a little later on as it's still dark her at the moment. :)

Reaction score
Speaking of repaints, a few years ago I was lucky enough to buy a couple of custom scaled helmets from forum member MAF. These were the result of the collaboration of three forums members ( including PHANTER96 making the stands logo ), and offering a run of a 100 helmets, I believe. These have been proudly displayed in my collection since I received them as a true example of the dedication to the hobby, inspiration, and talent many fans have.

Using the Master Replicas Stormtrooper scaled helmet as their canvas, they were able to repaint the helmets, authentically recreating unique ranking marks, burns and weathering for the Imperial Stormtrooper Commander and the Imperial Incinerator Trooper from The Force Unleashed. Take a look ...

Reaction score
Those repaints are fantastic! Here are the repaints I've done in the last few months. Never did any custom stuff before now I'm hooked. Started with Biggs then moved to Porkins, Red 10 and Red Leader. You can see they got a little better as I figured out what I was doing. Still need to work on the bases.

Reaction score
Those repaints are fantastic! Here are the repaints I've done in the last few months. Never did any custom stuff before now I'm hooked. Started with Biggs then moved to Porkins, Red 10 and Red Leader. You can see they got a little better as I figured out what I was doing. Still need to work on the bases.
Fantastic work on all of them. That's dedication! Practice does it, so if you ever feel comfortable enough as to make a small run of these, I think you should. Fan work deserves to be praised.

Reaction score
Speaking of repaints, a few years ago I was lucky enough to buy a couple of custom scaled helmets from forum member MAF. These were the result of the collaboration of three forums members ( including PHANTER96 making the stands logo ), and offering a run of a 100 helmets, I believe. These have been proudly displayed in my collection since I received them as a true example of the dedication to the hobby, inspiration, and talent many fans have.

Using the Master Replicas Stormtrooper scaled helmet as their canvas, they were able to repaint the helmets, authentically recreating unique ranking marks, burns and weathering for the Imperial Stormtrooper Commander and the Imperial Incinerator Trooper from The Force Unleashed. Take a look ...

I REALLY LIKE those helmets, they look ace..., I'd certainly buy them both if I saw them for sale!!! :)

Reaction score

I have a set of those, too. I love them! I did 2 custom phase 2 clones, but never battle damaged them yet.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Are those helmets Waxer & Boil??? I'm getting the Sideshow 1:6 scale figures of Waxer & Boil this month (end of)..., I thought the helmets on those looked familiar to the one's you've customised. :)

Reaction score

I have a set of those, too. I love them! I did 2 custom phase 2 clones, but never battle damaged them yet.
Then you can confirm how cool these The Force Unleashed helmets are, Chuck. Like the work you did on your helmets, too. Just a little bit of weathering to give them a bit more character is all they need. Love seeing the positive impact Star Wars has had, sparking so much creative talent among the fans.

Reaction score
Are those helmets Waxer & Boil??? I'm getting the Sideshow 1:6 scale figures of Waxer & Boil this month (end of)..., I thought the helmets on those looked familiar to the one's you've customised. :)
They were just meant to be a 212th & 327th, but now that you mention it...