Gentle Giant .45 Scale Helmet Poll

Which scaled helmet should Gentle Giant make next?

• Total voters

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
If Gentle Giant continues making the scaled helmets, which one would you like to see next? Let your voice be heard by voting now!

Reaction score
Pretty easy for me , AT-AT Driver, BUT if it was up to me I want to see McQ concept stormy and snowtrooper. I dare GG to make them.

Reaction score
Definitely tough to choose on this one. But I voted for Phase 1 Clone Trooper as I would love to finalize the evolution in the scaled helmets.

But I would take the AT-AT or TIE Pilot in a heart beat as well. As I would a McQ Vaders, storm trooper and snow trooper.

Reaction score
I know AT AT or scout trooper will win, but I had to go with the y-wing.
As soon as I saw the Y-Wing in the other 0.45 thread I knew you'd like that one, that's why I removed the Senate Guard & added it..., got to try & keep everyone happy!!! :)

Reaction score
Thanks Kev. More x-wings would have made me jump for joy but other characters need love too.
They do indeed..., hopefully they'll start up a whole line of scaled helmets eventually, then you'll hopefully get your X-Wing helmets but for now I think your doing a pretty good job with customising the Luke helmets. :)

Reaction score
Voted now lets hope the powers that be are listening and getting there sculpting tools out ;)

Reaction score
AT-AT Driver helmet
I went for the Tie Fighter Pilot myself..., afterwards I did wonder why I didn't pick the AT AT Driver seeing as I go on so much about wanting one, never mind but needless to say I'm happy to see it's getting plenty of votes. :)

Reaction score
I voted for the Tie Fighter Pilot helmet ...

Being a collector of scaled helmets since Riddell first offered these, and being the Tie Fighter Pilot the one helmet scrapped in its final production sample stage because of sales not being what Riddell hoped, I've been looking for years to see this helmet turn into a reality. Even its name appeared as part of the list of helmets included on the information request card for future releases that was inserted in the boxes produced by Riddell.

Six years ago while doing Visual Guides for another website, I had the opportunity of interviewing Chris Reiff the helmets' designer, and in his own words he had this comment to make :

" The Tie Fighter Pilot helmet was very close to going into production and got the plug pulled on it at the very last minute. I would have loved to see the line continue! "

Only 6 painted prototype copies of the TIE Fighter Pilot helmets were ever produced to be submitted for approval, just before the Line was axed. Even the Tech Sheet or blueprint (see actual TIE Fighter Pilot helmet blueprint I posted below) showing interior components of the helmet was actually printed; one can clearly notice the attention to detail in its complex internal mechanics. This small stock, was never made available for purchase. Chris had this to say as well:

" ... none of them are in the hands of private collectors. One is on loan to a friend for his museum of Star Wars product. The other 5 remain secured. "

I'd love for Gentle Giant to continue the tradition Riddell started ( unlike MR and previous GG Vader's ), offering take apart features and intricate details inside and out of each helmet. Here are some pictures I worked on of the never released Tie Fighter Pilot helmet. Hopefully this time around it will see a release ...

Reaction score
I'd have liked for this one to have been made too (Tie Fighter Pilot)..., seeing as a few were made maybe it'd be the easiest to start with as I'm sure Gentle Giant could get the specs for it easily enough, they got the Boba Fett (Jango Fett) & Darth Vader helmets after all. :)

Reaction score
The interior of the Imperial helmets is identical even to the clones. So this TIE Fighter Pilot seems to have the same interior. In SW the AT-AT Driver helmet was a modified TIE Pilot with new black paint and some different greeblies (some known, some still unknown). I already have a 1:1 TIE Pilot and AT-AT Driver helmets and they are great. The Riddell and in this case Gentle Giant scaled helmets are very cool but their accuracy is not there for the scale, and I don't mean the bumps and warts but the overall shape of the helmet - there are symmetrical helmets that look quite cool. Just look at the scaled Stormtrooper helmet and you'll see what I mean. They are still very cool for what they were!

Reaction score
I knew about the proto TIE Fighter Riddell: Detailed Pictures and Reviews

BTW are you J.H. Betancurt seen in the link above?
Hi Sergiu,
Yeah, that's me ... Betancourt. That guide, among other written and visual ones, their revolving front page top banners and their official logo seen on shirts and patches nowadays was all part of the work I did for the website in the link you've provided. It's been a while since then.

By the way, I've seen your awesome collection of helmets and I think I could safely say you must be happy about the possible revamp of the .45 scale line. The Tie Fighter pilot, AT-AT Driver and other Imperial scaled helmets will look great on your shelves along with the 1:1 scale ones you already have. Fingers crossed!

Last edited:
Reaction score
I voted for the AT-AT Driver as I am having no luck getting the bust lol.

Reaction score
Thanks taking this and running with it guys! I darn near forgot all starting that thread :)
i voted Scout Trooper, but would gladly take any. 1:1 just aren't practical for me price or space wise. The .45 scale are perfect for me, and my wife doesn't mind them either ;)

Reaction score
Hi Sergiu,
Yeah, that's me ... Betancourt. That guide, among other written and visual ones, their revolving front page top banners and their official logo seen on shirts and patches nowadays was all part of the work I did for the website in the link you've provided. It's been a while since then.

By the way, I've seen your awesome collection of helmets and I think I could safely say you must be happy about the possible revamp of the .45 scale line. The Tie Fighter pilot, AT-AT Driver and other Imperial scaled helmets will look great on your shelves along with the 1:1 scale ones you already have. Fingers crossed!
So you are no longer there?

Anyway I hope this line to be re-launched, it should have been years ago, right after Riddell lost the license. MR could have done so many helmets, now it's GG's time to do them.

Reaction score
So you are no longer there?

Anyway I hope this line to be re-launched, it should have been years ago, right after Riddell lost the license. MR could have done so many helmets, now it's GG's time to do them.
I haven't been part of their staff since 2007. That's why you might have noticed other Guides such as Kotobukiya not being updated anymore; well at least not with my writing and graphic work. I had fun while I did it, though.

I agree with you. As soon as Riddell lost their license someone else should had stepped in, making new helmets. Master Replicas sort of did this but produced helmets already released by Riddell and took a turn towards Clone helmets, leaving behind so many classic ones from the Original Trilogy. So far GG hasn't produced any new ones either so I'm hoping they seriously look into revitalizing the Line, releasing never before produced mini helmets from the OT first, and keeping away from too many repaints.

Although as personal preference I would love to see the Tie Fighter, AT-AT Driver and Scout Trooper helmets made first, looking at the list above, every single helmet should be produced. For collectors like myself with limited display space or collectors like you, having the space but wanting to add miniaturized versions of life-size ones you already have here and there, it would be great to have the mini helmets produced. These are small accent pieces that can enhance any display area greatly, from a shelf with action figures to sitting next to a Master Replicas blaster or lightsaber.

Back when Riddell started producing their line of mini helmets, there wasn't that much of a fanbase geared towards this type of collectibles. People were rather collecting toys and action figures and those that wanted the helmets, due to cost and scarcity of some of them, steered away and stopped caring. Today is a different world. With the success and popularity Gentle Giant, Sideshow Collectibles, Attakus and EFX have experienced within the last decade by offering high priced but authentically looking products, these detailed miniaturized helmets will compliment those lines rather well and I'm sure will enjoy good popular demand.

Last edited:
Reaction score
We'll have to see if GG will consider this line the same way as we. I have the scaled Riddell Vader (the MR was not that cool alas) and the MR Stormie and Blackhole Stormie. Hope one day to see all the helmets I have in 1:1 already made in the GG scaled line

Reaction score
Well I had been hoping for more voters on this poll to be honest, I know it's only been up a few days but we're clearly going to need a lot more votes if we want to see Gentle Giant actually take note. :\

Reaction score
Maybe Chris could put a link to it on the main Rebelscum page.
A noticeable link on the front page I believe will do the trick. That's a great idea!

Lots of folks like the mini helmets but are into action figures and might not be visiting the Gentle Giant area thus having no idea there's a poll going on. Having a link on the front page allows collectors of all sorts to click on the link and vote.

Reaction score
Has anyone sent a message to Chris about this??? If not then I will ask him about the link to the main page as I agree, it's a good idea. :)

Reaction score
The thing is that I think many helmets won't be made in 1:1 scale (at least licensed), but they could be made in 1:2 scale. Let's hope GG listens to us.

Reaction score
I've sent a message to Chris asking about the link to the main page idea..., I think it's a good thing to do if we can get it on the front page as we need ALOT more voters if we're going to get this scaled helmet line resurrected. :) Figured I'd just send a message rather than waiting to see if someone else has, better to have 2 or more messages asking for something to be done rather than waiting to see if a message has been sent & then finding out none have!!! :)

Reaction score
Nice work Kev, hopefully the poll gets some front page action and the votes start rolling in thick and fast and GG can get to work ;)

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I've mentioned this on the front page, so you should start to see the poll numbers increase shortly.

Reaction score
Chris,

Thanks for putting this on the front page. I never check this section since nothing ever is going on with it. I hope they bring out any new helmet in this scale instead of repaints.