General Rules - All users must read!

Reaction score
First of all happy new year everyone!! :D

There are some users on this forum with two or even three different selling threads at this very moment... What is the course of action? Do I have to report the posts as duplicate sales? Or do I have to send you a PM first?

Keep up the great job! :D

EDIT: I meant two or three different selling POSTS on the sales THREAD, my bad

Last edited:
Reaction score

There are some users on this forum with two or even three different selling threads at this very moment... What is the course of action? Do I have to report the posts as duplicate sales? Or do I have to send you a PM first?

Are you not allowed to have multiple sales threads????

I have several going all the time in several categories???????

How do you sell stuff in different categories???

Confused????

Reaction score

Confused????
I meant two or three different selling POSTS on the sales THREAD, my bad

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Confused????
Correct. As stated in the rules, you are only allowed one For Sale thread and one Want To Buy thread (in their respective sub-forums) at a time. This allows more threads to be on the front page at one time giving more collectors a chance to have their thread seen instead of a couple members having a bunch of threads.

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

EDIT: I meant two or three different selling POSTS on the sales THREAD, my bad
Reporting them is always fine. Helps us see them quicker.

Reaction score
Haven't posted on here in a long time. Can someone suggest a reliable source for fair market value for action figures? I used to use ToyFare but they not longer exist apparently. Thanks!

Reaction score
Haven't posted on here in a long time. Can someone suggest a reliable source for fair market value for action figures? I used to use ToyFare but they not longer exist apparently. Thanks!
Toy guides in general do not usually give you an accurate (or realistic) price. They just don't get updated enough. Try doing an advanced search on Ebay and choose the "completed auctions" option. You can see what things are actually (and currently) selling for. Take an average of a couple of different auctions where the item actually sold and you should get a decent idea of what the market is willing to pay for something.

Reaction score
Just brushing up on the rules and noticed that Philip, in the first post, writes "- Do not erase your thread title once you’ve sold your item. Simply edit the title with a “(SOLD)” at the end." What about sold items in the thread? I was under the impression admin want them also marked sold and not deleted. Is that correct? I've been using strike code to cross them out and adding -SOLD at the end (eg Luke Skywalker $7 -SOLD). A lot of members complain about navigating through lists that have tons of sold items in them.

Is it required to leave sold items in the lists, or shall I just start deleting them all?

Thanks

Reaction score
Toy guides in general do not usually give you an accurate (or realistic) price. They just don't get updated enough. Try doing an advanced search on Ebay and choose the "completed auctions" option. You can see what things are actually (and currently) selling for. Take an average of a couple of different auctions where the item actually sold and you should get a decent idea of what the market is willing to pay for something.
I'm kind of in the same boat. I'm considering selling off all of my Hasbro 3 3/4" figs. I have every basic figure and variation from the '99 Phantom Menace line through the '09 Legacy/Clone Wars lines. I was a completest and had to stop collecting these completely. I was running out of storage room, and I never had the ability to display any of them. Even now, if I sell off all of my collection, I could probably go from a 10wX7dX8h storage unit to a small closet. The collection's costing more than I'd like, and I'm not even collecting these anymore.

Anyway, all are mint in package. etc. I also have a few vehicles, almost all of the exclusives as well. I just have no idea where to start appraising my collection, and no idea how to go about selling them... do I sell them as a single collection/lot (all 10 years worth), do I sell them off in individual collections (i.e.: Ep1 collection, POTJ, Saga Collection, etc), or do I sell them off individually/per figure? And if I do sell it as an entire collection/lot, how on earth do you ship something like that??? LOL. Seriously, has anyone sold an entire lot here? If I find completed auctions of each collection, and add all of the 20 or so collections up, is that the price of the whole collection, or do you add more value to it because it's a completed collection? I'm not sure I'll find a comparable auction to what I want to sell. I know these questions are very broad, but I literally have no idea how to begin the process...

Please help!!!

Reaction score
FS: 1 Grand Army of the Republic! Vehicles, Troopers, Accessories! All priced to move!

Hi everyone!

I am new to this forum (this is my very first post). My apologies if the below violates any/all of the rules, but I didn't see my question specifically addressed so here goes:

I used to collect the Hasbro 3 3/4" (specifically Clone Wars era Clone Army figures and vehicles) but I stopped collecting back in 2009/10 and I have just plain moved on in life.

I've given away a lot of it, but I have a lot left.

I'd like to sell it, and I even though I know it's worth money to right person or people, I have no illusions that it will bring in a huge payday that will allow me to retire at the age of 38.

The main point of this post is this specific question:

Is it okay to ask if it's okay to post a thread anywhere to see if there are any Portland, OR* area collectors that would be interested in a large, opened and gently played with**, Grand Army of the Republic with a LOT of phase 1 and phase 2 troopers, spec ops troopers (Delta and Olega Squad Republic Commandos along with about 8 of the generic white ones from that 2008 comic pack, multiple vehicles including but not limited to: multiple AT-TE's, almost every Delta 7 and Interceptor model JSF's, BARC speeders, V-19's, V-Wings, ARC-170's, astromech droids, a LOT of Jedi generals including a couple of custom Obi Wan and Mace Windu figures in Phase 1 clone armor, and for good measure - one Clone Wars Y Wing.

Or, if there was anyone with advice on how to orderly liquidate a large collection. One idea that I had toyed with was renting a shelf/booth at a local antique mall but I am concerned about theft loss vs. profit.

PM's more than welcome!

My humblest apologies if this post broke some rules.

*I live in Portland and I would prefer face-to-face, cash only transactions.
** No kids = no missing pieces and all missiles accounted for.

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I've been seeing a lot of multiple threads by the same member in the classifieds lately. Just a reminder, you are only allowed to have one at a time in each section. Multiple threads will be combined into one, so if you see a thread go missing from the line up, you'll know why.

Reaction score
What are the rules for posting in a classified post to indicate that the items being sold at a higher price can be found online and in store at retail cost to help people avoid paying unnecessary premiums?

Reaction score
Copied and pasted from page 1... if you disagree with prices then out of courtesy a private message is the proper course of action.

- Do not post non-transactional messages in someone else’s thread. If you wish to discuss someone’s asking price, do so in private via PM or email.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Do the mods even check on this forum anymore? Multiple people are violating the rules with multiple threads and high prices, but when those posts are reported nothing is being done about it.....

Reaction score
This may be a "dumb" question but we can sell items currently in stores for less than retail, correct? e.g. 6" Black Series in NM condition for $12-$15?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Trying to sale some some diorama sets but I don't see/know where to post to For Sale thru the Talkatap app? Could some point me in the right direction

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

Reaction score
The ability to change the thread title here in the FS section is no longer working. I was able to change the title of a thread of mine in the Lego Classifieds a moment ago, but in the Modern Classifieds it's not working any more. Can someone help out with this?

Thanks in advance!

Reaction score
Does the rules against scalper prices not apply to the 6" black series. i think like 50% of the 6" black series listed here are 2x to 3x higher than retail on figures just released or from the prior wave

Last edited:

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Does the rules against scalper prices not apply to the 6" black series. i think like 50% of the 6" black series listed here are 2x to 3x higher than retail on figures just released or from the prior wave
If you see that happening, please use the Notify Moderator button.

Reaction score
What's a good way to figure out fair market value on older figures? I have a few figures I'd like to put up for sale, but don't want to over or undershoot their value.

Reaction score
I need help editing a Marketplace post. If someone could PM me letting me know who the responsible party is for such requests, I would appreciate it.
Thanks!