General McQuarrie - #40

Reaction score
FORUM SNEAK PREVIEW!

The figure of General McQuarrie is now added to our Photo Archive:

This will post on the front page later today, but you guys get a sneak peek!

Reaction score
Wow, he looks awesome! And I see they retooled the Derlin torso to give him a general's rank badge instead of a major's (which they should've done for the Luke-as-Imperial-lieutenant figure!). Definitely picking this up, if I can find 'im.

GAR

Reaction score
Thanks for the sneak peak Dan. Found a typo at the bottom if you want to fix it...

"This figure was inspired by the concept artist Ralph McQuarrie, who creted the initial designs for the Star Wars universe, and is honored this year with the McQuarrie Signature Series line of concept action figures."

Sev

Reaction score
Thanks for adding him!

Although he looks like a neat figure to have, he doesn't have knees and I use that as an excuse to cut down on figures so I guess I won't be getting them.

Reaction score
GAR said:
Thanks for the sneak peak Dan. Found a typo at the bottom if you want to fix it...

"This figure was inspired by the concept artist Ralph McQuarrie, who creted the initial designs for the Star Wars universe, and is honored this year with the McQuarrie Signature Series line of concept action figures."
Thanks....typo fixed.

Oh, the coin is not really that odd-looking...that's a result of the glare. haha

Reaction score
CommandoScorch said:
Hey Curto, great pics but...uh...what happened to wave 5?
he explained this in the Concept Snowtrooper thread, they will be up next week. I was wondering that to.

Reaction score
I also like this figure, he's actually my most anticipated figure from wave 6. My only complaint is that you really cant move his head at all. If you do, his mullet will force his head to pop right off. And his hat only looks 90% right, which issn't that bad, it's still 89% better than it looked on VOTC Han in Hoth Gear.

Reaction score
Got him yesterday and it is a very good head sculpt. Fitting to release him and his concept figs at the same time.

Reaction score
Rune_Haako said:
Who engraves these coins? Look at those eyes!

[image deleted]
LOL, it looks funny. McQuarrie had too much caffeine the morning they had him pose for the engraving. This is the Halloween variant of the coin...I'm just kidding. It's all good.

Reaction score
Its nice Hasbro made a figure of the McQuarrie cameo...but all this figure is boils down to a new head on an old body. They could have at least given him different deco or a cool Hoth accessory...hasbro needs to try harder with some of these obscure humans...

GNT

Reaction score
padmesghost said:
Its nice Hasbro made a figure of the McQuarrie cameo...but all this figure is boils down to a new head on an old body. They could have at least given him different deco or a cool Hoth accessory...hasbro needs to try harder with some of these obscure humans...
It's the thought that counts, overall not much else is needed for this figure anyway he had like 10 seconds screen time.

Reaction score
I got this figure today and I like it. It's not a very exciting figure at all, but the fact that it's Ralph McQuarrie is really cool. He'll look great alongside other Hoth Rebels, or amongst all the McQuarrie figures when (if) I complete that set.

Sol

Reaction score
That's what I was planning, just place him in the front of the concepts. Mix them around every once in awhile.

Reaction score
Rune_Haako said:
Anyone gave him Rieekan's head yet? (That's if the neck is removable)
Yep, it takes some work since you have to hollow out the head with a dremel, but it looks great. I'll try to get some pics up soon. Also, the hood thing fits much better on Rieekan since the hair is short in the back.

Reaction score
I know I use "peg warmer" a bit sporadically, but this guy is seriously not as popular as his creations. Figure wise that is.

Reaction score
they should make the entire cast of CHEERS in hoth outfits to go with the cliff clavin figure. they could use Porkins body for the George Wendt character, sebubla's body for Carla, and maybe use Reikken for Ted Danson... this would save a few bones for Hasbro and make it possible to complete the set.

Reaction score
Errr thats a [censored] idea.

As for the General McQuarrie I would also like to know if someone has done a head swap with Rieekan, as I am planning on doing this and just want to know if it works before I start butchering.

Reaction score
Am I the only one whose head doesn't want to stay on the figure?

I think it is the hair in the back, that tuft of hair keeps it from really staying on that well.

Is mine the only Ralphie with that problem?

Reaction score
Look about 3 posts up. It's a 2 minute custom assuming you have a dremel or actually a drill. I've had the most success hollowing out head using a drill bit on my dremel. Just work slowly and test fit every so often. Nothing is more annoying then seeing the drill bit poke out of the top of the head or discovering that you hollowed out too much and it doesn't stay on.

After hollowing it out, use a hobby knife to trim away the neck area, using any ball socket head as a reference.

Reaction score
Thanks tontus, looking forward to seeing yours, then I am going to get the pieces and give it a go.

Reaction score
Here ya go. Photo quality isn't the greatest, but you should be able to see enough to get an idea of what this looks like.

Reaction score
Only just got this guy. Filling in a few gaps and the Hoth officers are missing from my collection. Quick question: Does anyone know if SA Hoth Han's legs can be transplanted onto this figure with little/no modding?