General McQuarrie - #40

Reaction score
Re: General Pharl McQuarrie

This is possibly the maest figure of the last 10 years. Phart McQuarrie

Reaction score

Glad to see Ralph is finally getting his dues. He created the look for Star Wars and Battlestar Galactica, after all.

Reaction score

Awsome figure in my book. I only hope that we can get more hoth rebels down the road like the Torryn far female with chair and console and the assistant generals,a new couple of variant hoth soldiers,the rest of the snowspeeder pilots,and then the other hoth obscure guys like Mr.Mcquarrie.

Reaction score

He just deserves it.

Also, I'd like to see more cameo appearance figures.

Reaction score

Like Jeremy Bulloch as Lt. Sheckil (TESB), Bea Arthur, Art Carney, and the eight or so Harvey Kormans from TSWHS (not to mention Starship), and Paul Gleason in The Battle For Endor.

Reaction score

Inigo_Montoya said:
Like Jeremy Bulloch as Lt. Sheckil (TESB), Bea Arthur, Art Carney, and the eight or so Harvey Kormans from TSWHS (not to mention Starship), and Paul Gleason in The Battle For Endor.
Yeah, but the thing is, they wouldn't be too kid friendly would they?

I think this will be cool enough. I don't care for a new Hoth Rebel period, but I do want a McQuarrie figure.

Reaction score

GNT said:
You cant have all the Mquarrie figures and not have Mcquarrie himself somewhere in the line. The figure looks fantastic... he aint going with my Hoth figures at all...his going to be the main focus in my Mcquarrie collection.
Right there with, GNT...

I just wish this figure was on the McQuarrie: (blue) style card to go with the rest of them....

Reaction score

I'm glad he's NOT on the concept cards! He's not a concept figure so it wouldn't be appropriate, even with his name there. But his regular card'll look great as a centerpiece in a carded Concept collection

Glad to see he's got the large blaster, hope that stays through to the end regardless of how it fits in the tiny holster. Also glad they retooled the rank badge!

While I'd like to see Toryn Farr too, I'd rather get some awesome Rebel soldiers first. From any of the OT films, really... we've got awful Hoth Rebels, barely-mediocre Tantive IV-types (and only the BP versions, at that; earlier versions fall under 'awful' by today's standards), and average Endor troops, while the Imps have SA Stormies, Snowtroopers, Scouts, Gunners, and AT-AT Drivers running around mocking the Rebels.

Reaction score

I think this a very good looking figure. I will for sure be getting one of these.

Sev

Reaction score

He really deserves this figure but I didn't like that Rebel sculpt due to the real lack of articulation so I will pass on him.

Reaction score

The new pics of wave six look good although I see some weird stuff going on with some of the head molds, I assume these are not the final product. The Han Torture looks a little like he's dropping a duece but I love the concept.

Sol

Reaction score

What a tribute! This figure looks good, but not great. Swivel elbows, again. Where are the ball-jointed knees? And I wonder why Hoth was chosen instead of another locale?

Still, I think creating a figure for the concept artist himself was a great idea!

Reaction score

Sol said:
What a tribute! This figure looks good, but not great. Swivel elbows, again. Where are the ball-jointed knees? And I wonder why Hoth was chosen instead of another locale?

Still, I think creating a figure for the concept artist himself was a great idea!
Because he had a walk on role in Echo Base.
But I'll admit, I wish it were a Stormtrooper to go with that Stormie GL I don't have.

Sol

Reaction score

Trooper_1138 said:
Because he had a walk on role in Echo Base.
Dang, now I have to watch ESB again just to see him.

GNT

Reaction score

Sol said:
What a tribute! This figure looks good, but not great. Swivel elbows, again. Where are the ball-jointed knees?
Since he never sits they're not really needed. More joints would've been nice but not every figure needs to have ball joint parts. Looks good though.

Sol

Reaction score

GNT said:
they're not really needed. More joints would've been nice but not every figure needs to have ball joint parts
Ball joints not needed??!?! Heresy!

Anyway, no need to watch ESB, I stole this from another site.

Reaction score

Pharl here makes for better Hoth fodder than Derlin! He's got a separate hat! So that's pretty cool. I'm glad I only grabbed 2 Derlins last year (still haven't decided what to customize with the 2nd!)

Sev

Reaction score

I don't like the lack of articulation on this figure. I'll be passing.

Reaction score

Sev said:

I find the lack of articulations disturbing... But probably being the only shot on this figure. I guess I'll have to get it. I'll probably get an carded and loose. With the carded in my MCQuarrie Carded Collection.

Reaction score

Nice tribute to Mr. McQuarrie. Figure could have been made a little better (articulation-wise) But still a good figure never the less. still on my list to get!

Reaction score

Its the Bren Derlin body, which I really like. He really doesn't need SA, so it doesn't bother me.

Reaction score

Given the incredible work being done of the McQuarrie concept figures, I'm a bit surprised that Hasbro didn't show more respect to Mr. McQuarrie. I'll still buy it (of course), but an SA sculpt would've rocked.

Reaction score

CloneTrooperJR said:
Sev said:

I find the lack of articulations disturbing... But probably being the only shot on this figure. I guess I'll have to get it. I'll probably get an carded and loose. With the carded in my MCQuarrie Carded Collection.
Oh yes, I think I will be doing the same thing as well.

Reaction score

Yup, definitely gonna get this one. Although I'm not interested in the McQuarrie figures themselves, I like the idea of a little cameo figure like this.

GNT

Reaction score
Well from the looks of it he did get shafted in the articulation department. But look at it this way because he doesnt use to many parts Hasbro was able to bring us alot of drool worthy items in the next few months Yoda and Kybuck, Han and torture device etc for normal figure price so it works out.

Reaction score
I'll probably get this figure...a very interesting idea, not unlike Jorg Sacul but probably somewhat easier to find and actually in the films.

Reaction score
Like most of you i'm also disappointed at the lack of articulation like i was for Tatooïne Biggs. I'll still be getting one though as there is not much use of articulation for rebel officers anyway.

Reaction score
GNT said:
But look at it this way because he doesnt use to many parts Hasbro was able to bring us alot of drool worthy items in the next few months Yoda and Kybuck, Han and torture device etc for normal figure price so it works out.
I think this is important to remember and alot of people here don't take this into consideration. Hasbro knows how much profit they make in a case and the profit isn't equal per figure. I read somewhere that Hasbro's Luke with Moisture Vaporator was expensive to make so I'll bet they broke even with it and made up the difference in the rest of the assortment. Some figures get shafted in the process - oh well.

Reaction score
I doubt Hasbro merely "breaks even" on any figure... some just have more profit then others.

On this figure... I expected a General Rieekan kit bash on this... but no I am not so sure. Is it all new (other then our favorite Hoth hat)?

Reaction score
I'd have to check Rieekan and Derlin but it's probable general pharl McQuarrie is a kitbash of those two figures with maybe a couple original parts.

Sol

Reaction score
What the Pharl! Lack of articulation is disappointing so this one will stay carded.

Reaction score
Yep, looks to be a repaint of Derlin. Hmmmm... the body of Cliff Claven with the head of Ralph McQuarrie... sounds like a mythological monster.