General Lando Calrissian - #ROTJ07

Reaction score
My guess, this will be a "blowup" of the TBS 3.75

Me likey, but isn't it a bit too soon regarding the ROTJ anniversay, or is it just me?
I am sure this will be a clothed cape which is better in this case. He got the plastic one for his first appearance.
Hm, I don't see a problem here. Releasing new ROTJ figures won't stop big H to slap them again on 40th ROTJ cards again, later 😉

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hm, I don't see a problem here. Releasing new ROTJ figures won't stop big H to slap them again on 40th ROTJ cards again, later 😉

I'm sure that's why. It seems to me like the anniversary waves are done just for the card back and they try to get as many of the figures out before the anniversary wave. I'm not exactly sure how much business sense it makes, but I expect these two to be on the pegs at the same time.

Reaction score
Oh they will eventually.
They're going to have to if they want variants of the OT cast to put out in the future. We're entering BAD/Legacy Collection-tier choices for future releases, lol. Medical Frigate Leia, "Jabba Slime" C-3PO, Sandstorm Han, Half-Flightsuit-On Luke, ect.

Reaction score
This has been on my wish list since day one. Just Wicket needed from the main Return of the Jedi characters now.

I was really pleased to see at least something from the original trilogy, I’m worried that the original 6 films are going to be overlooked with all of the new cartoons and TV shows.

Reaction score
Yes. Nien Nunb is a must. I'm glad to see Gen Lando is coming but we need more aliens.
Agree 100%. More aliens! I’d be way more interested in Nien Nunb that Gen Calrission honestly. It’s my least fav Lando outfit by far. I’ll stick with my Skiff guard disguise unless this one wows me.

Reaction score
So this can go with Admiral Ackbar and Wedge Antilles, who else can it go with?

Endor Han and Leia (minus the trenchcoat and poncho). Maybe ESB Chewie? Not sure if there is any difference between ESB and ROTJ Chewie.

Reaction score
Endor Han and Leia (minus the trenchcoat and poncho). Maybe ESB Chewie? Not sure if there is any difference between ESB and ROTJ Chewie.
Chewie's fur is styled differently in ROTJ. We technically don't have a figure of him from that film yet. There's two possible variants, being Jabba's Prisoner and his cleaned up Endor appearance

Reaction score
Me likey, but isn't it a bit too soon regarding the ROTJ anniversay, or is it just me?
I am sure this will be a clothed cape which is better in this case. He got the plastic one for his first appearance.

Ah, but see, this way all they need to do is repack him on the ROTJ 40th card in two years.

Reaction score
Agree 100%. More aliens! I’d be way more interested in Nien Nunb that Gen Calrission honestly. It’s my least fav Lando outfit by far. I’ll stick with my Skiff guard disguise unless this one wows me.

Nien Nunb is way up on my wishlist, but ever since we got the Endor heroes and Admiral Ackbar, I've really wanted a Gen. Lando to round out the main heroes.

Reaction score
I like Lando as a character. And I've always liked him more in ROTJ than I did in TESB. And I agree, a coordinated release of General Lando with Nien Nunb in the same wave would be great.

But from a figure standpoint? It seems like Hasbro gets in a rut with some of their choices for a specific look for a given character. They just reissued General Lando AGAIN in TVC (I think that 3.75" figure has seen 3 releases all told). Why beat that version of Lando into the ground with a ROTJ version of him now in The Black Series? Space these similar releases out a little bit! And how about maybe giving us a TROS version of Lando in The Black Series?

Reaction score
Hoping we get Nien Nunb at some point as well.
Yes. Nien Nunb is a must. I'm glad to see Gen Lando is coming but we need more aliens.
Agree 100%. More aliens! I’d be way more interested in Nien Nunb that Gen Calrission honestly.
Nien Nunb is way up on my wishlist,
General Lando with Nien Nunb in the same wave would be great.
Damn not trying to completely derail General Lando's well earned thread, but yes Nien Numb would be great! Like many I can't help but think of General Lando without also thinking of his ROTJ Falcon radar-dish wrecking co-pilot. They just go together.

That said was there ever a consensus on what Nien Numbs height should be? Or is there some concreted conspiracy to render him short?
I know sitting he was a hand operated puppet (hence figures were often imagined short), yet even sitting he was level or higher up than Lando.
Further, wasn't there full shots of him walking upright, at a more standard height. (actor wearing the full body suit)

Edit: Clearly seen here in the background... Or am I seeing things? Always seems taller than most around him...
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

I guess there is a debate if the second ^ one is Nien or Tien? Either way should be tall.

Again apologies to Lando for the ongoing derail, if a potential Nien has his own thread pleas someone direct me there.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Never knew Nien Numb was a puppet in the Falcon. I always thought he was a gun in a suit.

Get on him Hasbro. Sooner you get him out gives you the opportunity to Vintage Card him for the 40th.

Reaction score
Damn not trying to completely derail General Lando's well earned thread, but yes Nien Numb would be great! Like many I can't help but think of General Lando without also thinking of his ROTJ Falcon radar-dish wrecking co-pilot. They just go together.

That said was there ever a consensus on what Nien Numbs height should be?
I know sitting he was a hand operated puppet (hence figures were often imagined short), yet even sitting he was level or higher up than Lando.
Further, wasn't there full shots of him walking upright, at a more standard height. (actor wearing the full body suit)

Edit: Clearly seen here in the background... Or am I seeing things? Always seems taller than most around him, Not sure if there is still an insistence to make his figures short?
giphy.gif

Again apologies to Lando, abt the ongoing derail, if a potential Nien has his own thread pleas someone direct me there.
He’s also seen standing, or maybe sitting, in the Rebel Briefing Room, but yeah that’s him in the hangar. Seems slightly taller than most humans to me!

Reaction score
Yeah, they probably will since it would be an easy kitbash. Slap a Lando head and hands on a Han body, sell for $20.
They'll have to wait until they finally release a 'Yavin ceremony' Han, as both outfits share a closed under shirt collar...

Reaction score
I gave my only Lando figure away as I just couldn't get on with the plastic cape so hopefully this one will have soft goods and ill add him to the shelf.

Reaction score
I'll order this figure because I'm an OT completionist, but it looks really odd. I'm not liking what's going on where his chest and abdomen separate.

Reaction score
I wonder if with a bit of heat treatment, you could reform the edge of the chest part so that it doesn't stick out to much. Ill stick him on pre order and give it a go, at least we get a cloth cape and not a horrid plastic one.

Noticed the cloak clasp chain sitting to high due to the oversized cut of it, thats an easy fix hopefully as it should be much lower.

Last edited: