General Grievous

Reaction score
I'm away from home at the moment but as soon as I'm back next week I will try my Grievous cape from Etsy on this figure. It looked fantastic on the Bandai Grievous, so I think it will do a lot for the overall appearance of this one. Truth be told, the included cape isn't AWFUL, it just takes a lot of work to look acceptable. If you just toss it on it looks terrible, but if you take the extra time to tuck it in it isn't half bad IMO.

Speaking of the Etsy cape, I noticed the seller I bought it from has disappeared. Items are gone, and their storefront is gone. They had a bunch of other Black Series capes and cloaks I was planning on buying to outfit my Jedi and Maul. Hopefully they come back. :(

I havnt opened him yet, still really conflicted on if I'll keep him.
I'd keep him. He is a lot of work to pose but once you get the hang of it he's actually a really fun figure and in the right pose has a menacing appearance.

Reaction score
I just got this guy from Best Buy on Friday. Am I missing something, or is the arm articulation really limited when you snap the two halves together? Doesn't even want to bend at the elbow when they are closed.

Reaction score
You're not, the elbows will bend some in ward if you have the hinges lined up properly. We should have got alternate arms...

Reaction score
My only major gripe with this figure is how much of a pain it is to keep him standing without him looking all weird. I’ve tried with the cape on an off. Just a little frustrating.

Reaction score
I gave up and used a short black doll stand on him, my shelves are black so it works alright. Not sure why he still has the softer plastic theyve moved away from with droids, he might have more of a chance if his legs were more like L3's plastic wise.

Reaction score
Still no word from GameStop on my pre-order for in-store pick up. I haven't pre-ordered from them before, but I'm not filled with a lot of hope at this point.

Reaction score
Still no word from GameStop on my pre-order for in-store pick up. I haven't pre-ordered from them before, but I'm not filled with a lot of hope at this point.

Some local Gamestops are not good about contacting you when your preorder comes in. Unfortunately you have to stay on top of when they start arriving in stores to know when to stop in for it.

Reaction score
Reaction score
Hasbro Pulse still has them in stock. Cheaper than GameStop too.

Reaction score
I'll probably get one after the price comes down. Most people seem to want $40 for it. An extra 2 arms does not equal double the price to me.

On a related note, since I'm new to the forums, I can't create new threads yet, so I'll post this here:
There's currently a petition to create a 6 inch Black Series Jar Jar Binks (I'm not a fan of him, but would love to have one to customize). If anyone wants to sign the petition on change.org here is the link. I contributed $6 to the cause (not mandatory, but it helps them toward pitching it to Hasbro to make it official).

https://www.change.org/p/hasbro-we-want-hasbro-to-create-a-jar-jar-binks-black-series-figure

MODS: sorry for the minor hijack...can't post this in its own thread yet.

Reaction score
I know standing up for a long period of time is difficult for Grievous. I had mine standing on the mantle over night and he hadn't fallen. When I got home from work yesterday my mother-in-law had done a bunch of cleaning while watching the kids and she moved him. So I have no idea if he stood all day.

Reaction score
I've got a clear plastic stand with a vertical from some NECA figure, I propped my Grievous on that. His cap even kind of hides the whole thing.

Reaction score
Any suggestions or fixes for the General falling over? Mine was standing very well and no loose joints at all. Stand for days and almost a week. Now, he barely stands over night even with the cape off. Getting to be point of regretting buying him and there is not foot peg holes either which sucks. He still has pretty stiff joints and no sure why he is falling over? Unless its the material or surface of the cabinet he is in? Or the rotation of the Earth is messing with me on this issue...

Reaction score
Any suggestions or fixes for the General falling over? Mine was standing very well and no loose joints at all. Stand for days and almost a week. Now, he barely stands over night even with the cape off. Getting to be point of regretting buying him and there is not foot peg holes either which sucks. He still has pretty stiff joints and no sure why he is falling over? Unless its the material or surface of the cabinet he is in? Or the rotation of the Earth is messing with me on this issue...
Grab a stand, the Tamashii Stage Act 4 is really good.

Reaction score
I finally got mine to stand for a few days without falling. I bought a mini doll stand, I got 6 for 12. They work perfectly for Ahsoka, but for greivous I have to have the ring around his thigh not his waist cause he is too tall. But it works. I'm planning on using my others for the battle droid and IG-88. I may have some extras. if a couple people want one. let me know.

Reaction score
Posted this in a different thread, thought I'd post it here too.

A few drops of crazy glue in the knee and ankle joints is all you need.

Drop it in, then move the joint in all its directions for a minute or so this way the glue doesn't harden and lock the joint up.

Repeat as necessary until you get the desired stiffness.

The ankles will need a bit more.

My GG can hold any pose I want now.

Pledge is good for lesser stubborn joints , but GG needs the heavy artillery to make work.

Reaction score

Drop it in, then move the joint in all its directions for a minute or so this way the glue doesn't harden and lock the joint up.

Pledge is good for lesser stubborn joints , but GG needs the heavy artillery to make work.
Make sure the glue you are using dries fast though. Last thing you want is to think it is dry, stop moving it around, and come back to a completely glued joint!

Reaction score
Make sure the glue you are using dries fast though. Last thing you want is to think it is dry, stop moving it around, and come back to a completely glued joint!
Oh absolutely!
I recommend using a super small drip of it and then doing that...keep moving it, and then return to it and continue to move it. Like stated above, you dont want to return to a rock solid joint.

Reaction score

So I've always shied away from superglue to tighten joints and went with Future Floor polish. That wasn't cutting it on my new Diamond Select Maximilian figure. He has a super lose arm. I tried the superglue trick. Holy Crap! It works wonderfully! Will definitely do this on my Grievous!

Reaction score
So I've always shied away from superglue to tighten joints and went with Future Floor polish. That wasn't cutting it on my new Diamond Select Maximilian figure. He has a super lose arm. I tried the superglue trick. Holy Crap! It works wonderfully! Will definitely do this on my Grievous!
Yeah the glue is good for when all else fails; glad to hear it worked.

I would say however, on GG, stay away from using the glue on his ankle....those teeny tiny ball joints are just too small and fragile for super glue.

Reaction score
Ordered him on Walmart.
Had a second one in my cart yesterday, but out of stock today.
GameStop had some old stock show up at stores and they seem to have sold out.
Waiting for a restock to get a second...