General Grievous - TCW Micro Series (Lucasfilm 50th Anniversary)

Reaction score
Have to agree on that, compared to ROTS he was a real bad guy. If I remember right Mace was responsible for his lung damage resulting for his ongoing coughing.
Yeah Mace force crushed his lungs as he was making his escape. Grievous was sooooo much cooler in the original cartoon. He was scary, menacing, mysterious, awesome. I felt they lost a lot of that in his canon translation. Not to mention he was a Jedi killing machine in the cartoon and kind of a chump in ROTS. Just my opinion of course

Reaction score
I thought this series wasn't canon anymore, though - right?
right, as already mentioned I don't like the Tartakovsky CW just because of its artstyle and a few pretty silly storyarcs. But there actually were some good parts wich they should have taken over into canon with the Filoni CW.
Dooku recruiting and training Ventress, Durge and as mentioned above menacing Jedi-Killer Grievous, to name a few 😉

Reaction score
Yeah Mace force crushed his lungs as he was making his escape. Grievous was sooooo much cooler in the original cartoon. He was scary, menacing, mysterious, awesome. I felt they lost a lot of that in his canon translation. Not to mention he was a Jedi killing machine in the cartoon and kind of a chump in ROTS. Just my opinion of course
Part of the reason was because Gendy had a different vision for Grievous. Correct me if I’m wrong but he didn’t coordinate with Lucas as much? Lucas loves villains with quirks and he made Grievous be the source of some comic relief since he seems like a 50s serial mustache twirling kidnapper.

Reaction score
I wish they had painted the faceplate and skull plate different shades, also painted the eye lines with the opposing pointed ends like the show. I may end up painting this guy, should be a fun project.

Reaction score
Looks fantastic! I'm not a Grievous fan at all and won't be adding it to my collection, but I have to admit that this looks really good.

Reaction score
Looks fantastic! I'm not a Grievous fan at all and won't be adding it to my collection, but I have to admit that this looks really good.
Not a fan of Grievous you say?
457.gif

😁

Reaction score
Nah... easy pass, prefer the movie colors on the character.... but I love the white cape ( and that comes from a "Plastic-over-SG-preferer"😉😉 )
Does it have his "sign" printed on the back ? Pockets on the inside to store his lightsabers ?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Not yet but I’m on the hunt. I typically wouldn’t even buy this but I loved the mini series.
Did you score one? I’ve seen a bunch of pics of Mace and the Arc troop on FB but not a lot of the general

Reaction score
That is cool.
Has there ever been an image of Grievous (or his race) before injuries/cyborg enhancements?
Or is that what this figure is? I was thinking it was a concept.
That concept art actually turned into canon. This is supposed to be the Grievous before cyborg-isation.

Reaction score
TBS Grievous sculpt really is bad... One of the worst. There is almost no way to get both feet level on the ground, or to get a natural pose without arms split. Plus too undersized.... Ordered this one, but only because I missed the "Fordo" one and I'm hoping somebody somewhere will trade me...

Reaction score
In-hand loose video. Credit @landspeederluke. Love that it tips over at the end...stability issues. 🥴

An honest review - what you see here is what you get. 😄

I haven't had any stability issues with my original Grievous but only because of the SHF Act (insert number here) stand that it's been attached to since I don't know when.

Reaction score
TBS Grievous sculpt really is bad... One of the worst. There is almost no way to get both feet level on the ground, or to get a natural pose without arms split. Plus too undersized.... Ordered this one, but only because I missed the "Fordo" one and I'm hoping somebody somewhere will trade me...
Why I wish they at least sculpted partial new legs, his legs in the cartoon were way more sturdy!

Reaction score
Ha the end of that video!
It always bothers me that people are too lazy to re-shoot the video when things don't work out right, but then again he may have left it in for comedic effect. LOL!

Reaction score
He clearly blew on it to knock it over, you can see the cape flutter before it topples.

Reaction score
I got an email from Walmart saying my estimated arrival date moved up from April 5 to April 1.

Progress?

Reaction score
For some reason, I don't care so much about carded 6" figures as I do on the TVC figures. I'm certainly not going to go through any re-buying/returning hassles with these 6" figures.