General Grievous - TCW Micro Series (Lucasfilm 50th Anniversary)

Reaction score
General Grievous - TCW Micro Series (Lucasfilm 50th Anniversary).
Exclusive. MSRP is $26.48. Available for pre-order now here. On shelf Spring 2022 (April 1st).

From the press release:

At long last, a classic Star Wars cartoon is getting the action-figure treatment.

Hasbro revealed today several additions to its popular 6-inch Star Wars: The Black Series and 3.75-inch Star Wars: The Vintage Collection lines devoted solely to Genndy Tartakovsky’s Clone Wars 2D Micro-Series, a beloved show from the early 2000s that explored the time between Star Wars: Attack of the Clones and Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith. Known for its kinetic style, the Clone Wars 2D Micro-Series introduced major characters like General Grievous and would also inspire the long-running and critically-acclaimed Star Wars: The Clone Wars animated series. When the series was added to Disney+ earlier this year, fans were overjoyed.

All come from existing releases that have new decos inspired by the vibrant style of the series.

The packaging for the Black Series items will celebrate the original packaging of these toys from the early 2000s, continuing the throwback theme seen in other Lucasfilm 50th programs including the previously-revealed The Clone Wars, Star Wars: The Phantom Menace, and Original Kenner Deco programs.

BS Grievous.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Well, I wonder which one of these will be the hardest to get. I am getting a little tired of these exclusives. Walmart is the worst in regards to finding their exclusives. Hopefully they step up their game. :unsure:
Out of the three, I guess the ARC Trooper. The only one I might be interrested...maybe

I forsee :
* Grievous - straight repack, maybe different colored cape
* Mace Windu - CW Kenobi with Windu head
* ARC Trooper - repainted Rex with Phase I Trooper helmet and added rangefinder

Was totaly shocked when I saw the announcment, until I realized that Secura, Unduli and Offee are TVC ... meeh 😝😝

Last edited:
Reaction score
If I ever am able to buy them it will be the fastest packaging has gone in the trash. Probably wouldn't make it out of the parking lot.

Reaction score
Hopefully these will be new figures like the 4 Target Clone Wars ones. Well, at least some new parts I mean. I know the Obi and Anakin were new and the clones used the old clone body, but you know what I mean.

Reaction score
The press release stated that, "All come from existing releases that have new decos inspired by the vibrant style of the series." So I'd say it'll be similar to what was done for the Amazon exclusives. New packaging & deco, but same figure sculpt.
Which means there's no way Greivous will look anything like he did in the cartoon. At least the Amazon figures hearkened back to the vintage designs.

Honestly, considering these will just be re-colored repacks, and the TVC figures will just be straight re-packs that look nothing like the cartoon versions on the cards, I'm gonna' save a lot of money tomorrow. And considering I didn't buy any of the Tartovsky figures when they came out years ago, I'd have no reason to buy them, anyway. And after checking out the rumors of what's coming for all of the other major Hasbro toy lines, I haven't seen one thing worth buying tomorrow. Better to save my money for the Con figures instead.

Last edited:
Reaction score
What's going to be the joke is this will be priced the same as the other 2 exclusives further validating the deluxe assortment is just a cash grab.

Reaction score
I'm banking on recolors, but if they sculpted new arms and legs for him I'm in. His design was taller and better balanced with those different legs. I did love this color scheme more than the movie tan.

Reaction score
Hopefully these will be new figures like the 4 Target Clone Wars ones. Well, at least some new parts I mean. I know the Obi and Anakin were new and the clones used the old clone body, but you know what I mean.
He needs new arms at least, so we get the spinning wrists joints.

Reaction score
Heard in the Walmart shipping department just yesterday. Looks like we are getting More Star Wars exclusives shortly. Shipping Manager- okay then go ahead and order some more bags for shipping.....UGH!!!!

Reaction score
Missed all the preorders for these guys. I’d like Fordo but unless Grievous is resculpted to better resemble the cartoon I’m not interested. The only 2 characters I’d like to see from this series are K’kruhk and the original Ventress. And maybe the 3 Jedi we had to vote for back in the day. Voolvif Maan(sp?)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Missed all the preorders for these guys. I’d like Fordo but unless Grievous is resculpted to better resemble the cartoon I’m not interested. The only 2 characters I’d like to see from this series are K’kruhk and the original Ventress. And maybe the 3 Jedi we had to vote for back in the day. Voolvif Maan(sp?)
Oh! An all black and white Asajj would be fantastic. Even if it was just a repaint. Not a fan of the purple one that we got.

Reaction score
Not interrested in the Tartakovsky figures, but whats this with being up for PO without any actual product pictures ? New plan from Hasbro or WalMart to sell kind of "Blind Packs" ?
It really does cause one to question why Hasbro seriously dropped the ball on that. I hope it means that these will be kit bashes (in the case of Mace Windu in particular) and not a simple repaint like TVC figures are. Although one would think Grevious could be a straight re-deco of the existing figure.

Reaction score
Grievous looked awesome with the white cape and he never took it off during battle. Not sure why they changed him so much for the movie. He was taller and that design would have made a better balanced figure.
I gambled and pre ordered, would be fine with a repaint. Really hoping for at least some newly sculpted parts. His movie design was just too spindly.
Edit- had to find a custom I saw since Hasbro doesn't have one ready.

Attachments

Last edited:

GNT

Reaction score
I understand why people hate that but newer black series collectors like me are saving a ton of money on older figures.
New collectors start collecting all the time so it’s important to keep core characters in circulation. Maybe people think it’ll ruin the originals value or the fact they have to spend more money on an item they already have?

Reaction score
That custom all white Grievous looks weird, like he just got released from factory 😂
I think he looks cool but I do have nostalgia for his animated debut. I remember how disappointing he was in ROTS compared to his first animated appearance.

Reaction score
I think he looks cool but I do have nostalgia for his animated debut. I remember how disappointing he was in ROTS compared to his first animated appearance.
Have to agree on that, compared to ROTS he was a real bad guy. If I remember right Mace was responsible for his lung damage resulting for his ongoing coughing.

Reaction score
Have to agree on that, compared to ROTS he was a real bad guy. If I remember right Mace was responsible for his lung damage resulting for his ongoing coughing.
That was my favorite part. His opening appearance in ROTS being just seconds after his last appearance in the cartoon.