General Grievous - CW10

GNT

Reaction score
This was posted over at Yakface.com...

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>
Q1: The recent "Lair of Grievous" Clone Wars episode seemed to beg this question – Are there any plans for a Battle Damaged General Grievous in the Clone Wars Line complete with removable legs and battle damaged face plate?

A1: We will be updating our Grievous sculpt for 2009 with some cool new touches….you just may like what you see. Stay tuned!

[/QUOTE]

Any ideas on what Hasbro could do with this one? Hopefully he can stand this time around

Reaction score
Re: General Grievous Version 2 2009

My guess is we'll be seeing a BAD-type figure with removable interchangeable limbs that'll hopefully come with some battle-damaged joints, maybe even possible removable face mask?
Either way, I hope we'll see more articulation in Grievous this time around, only reason why I didn't pick up the first version.

Reaction score

Sharkey said:
My guess is we'll be seeing a BAD-type figure with removable interchangeable limbs that'll hopefully come with some battle-damaged joints, maybe even possible removable face mask?
Either way, I hope we'll see more articulation in Grievous this time around, only reason why I didn't pick up the first version.
I don't think he'll have a removable mask but besides that I think you nailed it, I'm hoping its a deluxe figure with a operating table, just go all out you know?

Reaction score

that would be really cool to have a grievous with a removeable faceplate

and some more atriculation the the first grievous

I would def get one

Reaction score

It probably will have additional articulation, and a cape. That probably will be it.

Reaction score

more articulation and hopefully a cape and battle damaged head and limbs i doubt a removable facemask will be included. they havent revealed what he looks like underneath yet.But then again didnt they reveal his organic face on a previous one of his figures?

Reaction score

I agree with "Nyqmex" I'm doubting the removable mask since they havent shown it on tv. If GG comes SA and with a cape, I'll get him.

Reaction score

Nyqmex said:
more articulation and hopefully a cape and battle damaged head and limbs i doubt a removable facemask will be included. they havent revealed what he looks like underneath yet.But then again didnt they reveal his organic face on a previous one of his figures?
Yeah, the pre-cyborg Grievous showed his true face. You also get some good glimpses of him in animated form in the form of his statues and the online comic that preceded the tv episode "Lair of Grievous". I too doubt we would see a removable mask anytime soon, considering we have no idea how mangled he is underneath that cyborg face, but still it's pretty nifty that they made the faceplate removable in the episode

Reaction score

I swear the Build a Droid Grevious is a work of art. I find it hard to believe that they need a 5th version of this character.

1. Original TLC
2. Clone Wars
3. Clone Wars Hologram
4. Build a Droid (Best)

The only thing that the Build a Droid lack is the cape. Just need that and its near perfect.

Reaction score

Cyclone said:
The only thing that the Build a Droid lack is the cape. Just need that and its near perfect.
I just hope that when they release a caped version they also give him standard arms, I doubt they would do something amazing as the CW Grievous in giving him interchangeable arms, but for me the 4 arms can only go so far...

Reaction score

Sharkey said:
Nyqmex said:
Yeah, the pre-cyborg Grievous showed his true face. You also get some good glimpses of him in animated form in the form of his statues and the online comic that preceded the tv episode "Lair of Grievous". I too doubt we would see a removable mask anytime soon, considering we have no idea how mangled he is underneath that cyborg face, but still it's pretty nifty that they made the faceplate removable in the episode
Yes! I got really hyped up when the droid removes his faceplate and just as he's about to take it completely off it cuts to a commercial.when it came back on they didn't show it I wanted at least a glimpse of flesh but oh well I hope that when they do reveal his burned self its a tense moment like in a battle or explosion or something like that.

Reaction score

well,i do not play with mine but i display them,articulation is good for posing them for display,but i like detailing alot more LOL

Reaction score

Well, I got the Hologram Grievous at Midnight Madness and was unimpressed. Hopefully this one will be better. I'm still not sure I'll buy, though.

Reaction score

He NEEDS SA! The other one had 1970s articulation at best. Hasbro should never be diving THAT far back on these toys.

Reaction score

He needs a larger head also. So to me, the perfect Grievous would have articulated interchangeable arms, hips, knees, ankles, cape, foot holes, and a larger head.

Reaction score

Hopefully more articulation and the ability to stand up will make it worth the purchase. I paid $8 for the first version and I felt ripped off. Terrible figure.

Reaction score

Blight said:
Hopefully more articulation and the ability to stand up will make it worth the purchase. I paid $8 for the first version and I felt ripped off. Terrible figure.
Agreed. The first CW figure could not support itself at all. The plastic legs felt more like rubber than plastic. The split arms sucked, especially the 2 claws which made it impossible to get him to hold anything. And to me, his head seemed too small for his body.

Reaction score

never got the first one but if this one is cool than I'll pick it up.

Reaction score

did get the first one, didnt open yet though. i'll get this - im a GG completist

Reaction score

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that there's never been a 3 and 3/4 Grievous figure with an accurate cape, on which the clasps connect on the left side.

An accurate cape could make this worthwhile.

Reaction score

Well I guess we'll have to keep waiting for news on this one

Reaction score

Too bad we didn't get to see him this time around

As for the initial release CW Grievous, he makes the perfect pilot figure for his starfighter.

Reaction score

I am also a GG completist Bikerscout. I guess he just wasnt a priority this time around on hasbro's to-make list. Oh well. I would have much rather had another version of him than Ashoka.

Reaction score

I haven't bought a Grievous since Ep III action version (only because I got excited when I saw him on sale). I am still waiting for a really good version because the CW jedi I have been collecting need someone to fight.

Reaction score

I'll get this since I didn't get the first animated grevious.

Reaction score

bongjuan said:
I haven't bought a Grievous since Ep III action version (only because I got excited when I saw him on sale). I am still waiting for a really good version because the CW jedi I have been collecting need someone to fight.
The Legacy BAD Grievous is pretty awesome, just wish he had basic arms though. Hopefully they'll release a basic armed Grievous with a cape in the future, that'd be the ideal Grievous for me

Reaction score

If Hasbro adds knee and elbow articulation, along with a cape, I'd buy him...but other than that, I cant think of a reason to add another Grievous to my collection, seeing as I have the basic version, plus the TRU exclusive holo version, both from the CW series.

Reaction score

Sharkey said:
bongjuan said:
I second that. The BAD Grevious is my favorite of all the figures in my son's collection. The weathering on it is great and the articulation puts most other figures to shame. All we need is the cape and perhaps better hands to hold the light sabers (but even his hands are better than many other figures).

The Legacy BAD Grievous is pretty awesome, just wish he had basic arms though. Hopefully they'll release a basic armed Grievous with a cape in the future, that'd be the ideal Grievous for me

GNT

Reaction score
Re: General Grievous Version 2 2010

Yakface have posted pics of this one, he includes his cape and seems more articulated then the first release.

Reaction score

Well, I hope this one can stand up and doesn't wilt in anything above room temperature!

GNT

Reaction score

This is what the first version should've been. I love it, looks more animated then the first version.

Reaction score

Oooo! And he has swappable battle damage parts! Very nice. I don't mind the lack of 4 arm mode...might be able to customize that...

Reaction score

A dream come true!!! I will buy 2 for sure. One to open and one to keep carded.

Reaction score

You can tell by looking at the pic. Neck, shoulders, elbows, wrists, waist, hips, knees, maybe ankles?