General Feedback part 3

Reaction score
Yak said:
I don't suppose there's a way to hear them sooner with the iPhone? The live chat sounds like fun too!
Download the Ustream app in the iTunes App Store, and search for "ForceCast" when the show goes live (approximately 1:00am Scotland time). You can then listen, watch, and chat from your iPhone. The chat is a bit clunky, but you should get a good quality stream if your Internet is fast.

Yak

Reaction score
Eric_Geller said:
Yak said:
I don't suppose there's a way to hear them sooner with the iPhone? The live chat sounds like fun too!
Download the Ustream app in the iTunes App Store, and search for "ForceCast" when the show goes live (approximately 1:00am Scotland time). You can then listen, watch, and chat from your iPhone. The chat is a bit clunky, but you should get a good quality stream if your Internet is fast.
That's excellent thanks so much!!

Reaction score
Hey hey, it's saturday and I don't see a regular Force Cast.

The Clone Wars cartoons aren't coming down here until Channel 10 decides to put them on. When is the enxt regular one coming?

Reaction score
Hey, guys. To answer your question, re: "What was with that other Ewoks theme?" -

Remember that there were 2 seasons of the Ewoks cartoon. The first was produced by Nelvana and had the memorable theme by Taj Mahal. The second was produced by a different animation company ([censored]?) and had a different (to my mind, cheesier) theme.

I tried to track down for sure which animation company it was, but neither IMDB, Wikipedia or even Wookiepedia have any information on this! (Unsurprisingly, not many fans are writing a ton of stuff about the Ewoks cartoon.) Wiki and Wookie even disagree about how many episodes were made (Wiki lists 26, while Wookie claims 35).

I'll have to pull out my trusty old Bantha Tracks when I get home - then I can complete this mini-"investigative report"!

And thanks for playing the Droids theme. Yeah, it's kind of cheesy, but I always loved it anyway. Brought back lots of memories!

Reaction score
Eric_Geller said:
Yak said:
Man, I've been wondering this for ages! I'm always on the go on Wednesday afternoons! Thanks Eric!

Reaction score
I'm a big fan of everything ForceCast, but I have one complaint that I hope doesn't come across as too nitpicky.

I think the sound effects and music intros makes the show what it is, but I don't like when you have music continously playing during an interview, or any large talking segment for that matter.

I think the outro part of the ending is OK, but when you interviewed Steve Sansweet about C5 announcements and you had the celebration music blazing over at least half the segment I felt that I had to ask you to concider not doing that in the future.

I don't know about you others, but at least for me with english as a second language, having music during an interview like that makes a difference in how much I can take away from that information the first time I listen to it.

Overall I think that the Celebration music would work better as an intro rather than a theme for a whole segment. At least I would think of that as a slight improvement of the show.

Reaction score
Welcome to the forums, Larry! Feel free to join in the fun and craziness.

(And that's an excellent screen name, by the way!)

Reaction score
Absolutely LOVE the show. I sent an email via the iphone ap. I hope you guys got it because you truly saved the fan in me! Thanks!

Reaction score
Porkins! Good to see that you survived that crash after all!

Glad to have you as part of our family.

Reaction score
Hey guys, buig fan of the show! Was trying to do your survey, but it keeps taking me to some redundancy screen and wanting me to sign up for some club or something. is that what you have to do to fill in the survey?

Reaction score
I am getting the same thing, won't even let me fill out the form and says that my answers have been tabulated even though I haven't answered any questions.

Reaction score
Hmm....same here, I'm beginning to see a pattern here, must be something to do with being in Australia.

Reaction score
TheScreamMan said:
Hey guys, buig fan of the show! Was trying to do your survey, but it keeps taking me to some redundancy screen and wanting me to sign up for some club or something. is that what you have to do to fill in the survey?
Hmmm...I took the survey and got this screen (I think), but it said it was optional to join (an "audience panel"?) But I think my answers were tabulated.

Reaction score
Your answers were tabulated. I too took the survey and got the audience panel invitation. You do not need to accept that offer for your feedback to be sent.

Reaction score
All I get when I click either the standard or the abbreviated is this:

then from there this:

and that is it, no survey. My guess is that for some reason IP's from Australia are blocked or something.
Oh, and if I do fill out the second page I get the message,
* Please complete each of the questions on this form so we can serve you better. Although all fields are filled.

Reaction score
Katana_Geldar said:
That's what I get too.

Stupid ethnocentric company. Help, help I'm being oppressed!
Now we see the violence inherent in the system..

Oh wait.. a survey thingie.. Yes, I was able to take it. It's possible that the company doing it is only setup for US or North American IPs.

Reaction score
I just had an email conversation with the one and only Pete Nadel!

Please pass along to any of the old timers you talk to that I miss them and I may pop back in once things calm down a bit.

Reaction score
Eric_Geller said:

Please pass along to any of the old timers you talk to that I miss them and I may pop back in once things calm down a bit.

WOW that's awesome hope to hear him on the show soon, any mention of him going to CV?

Reaction score
Jade_Jedi said:
Eric_Geller said:

WOW that's awesome hope to hear him on the show soon, any mention of him going to CV?
He told me that he will not be attending CV.

Reaction score
social media director?
im out of it for a little while and everyone is having delusions of grandeur
hey eric, been a long time

Reaction score
Absolutely loved the first CV live show you guys released. That combined with all the great coverage from TFN Rebelscum and SW.com I felt like I truly was there.

Hi, I'm grievousfan91 and I was NOT left behind at CV!

(Oh and great Piper quote James 1138)

Reaction score
I'm mowing today.
I was kinda busy last Friday.

Listening to the first CV ForceCast.
It's like having 2 Celebrations in a week!

Thanks to all the ForceCast crew, Rebelscum.com and TheForce.net team members for a great time.
We reunited with old friends, met new friends, and it just keeps going!

In the immortal words of "Eric from Maryland",
"I have a couple of things:"

Awesome. Awesome.

(thanks, PaulRMQ)

Reaction score
Eric_Geller said:
Murray1134 said:
Eric_Geller said:
Just a reminder to be following the Parsec Awards Twitter feed as there is a chance that the ForceCast will take home an award. The awards ceremony starts at 4pm (about 5 minutes from now).
This just about sums it all up http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ytCEuuW2_A
Yep, The Signal (Firefly podcast) ended up winning.
There's a Firefly podcast? I liked the show and all, but how is there enough to have a podcast when there was just 1 season of TV and 1 movie?

Reaction score
I've had headaches that lasted longer than Firefly, come on how can anyone compare that to Star Wars and The Force Cast. I DEMAND A RECOUNT! Something smells like bantha poodoo about this!

Reaction score
AUD2 said:
I've had headaches that lasted longer than Firefly, come on how can anyone compare that to Star Wars and The Force Cast. I DEMAND A RECOUNT! Something smells like bantha poodoo about this!
Nothing I can say will make the loss at the Parsecs any better for you. But I can say that I have it on good authority from the Parsec Steering Committee that it was a very tight race among all the finalists.

The ForceCast and its fans should be proud of what it has accomplished over the years. It was an honor and a privilege to nominiate the podcast for the award this year. I only wish that it had won.

And, for the record, I am not part of the Parsecs. I'm a fan like you and a podcaster for a show that won in 2009.

Reaction score
actually I must confess that I did really enjoy Firefly and would have liked to see where it could have been taken if allowed to continue. BUT the FC shall yet live to dominate the galaxy...damn it that dark side keeps creeping in!

Reaction score
AUD2 said:
actually I must confess that I did really enjoy Firefly and would have liked to see where it could have been taken if allowed to continue. BUT the FC shall yet live to dominate the galaxy...damn it that dark side keeps creeping in!
Agreed. But more importantly...you need to get those headaches checked out. That's not normal.!