General Feedback part 3

Reaction score
I love it! So much more organized! If you're looking for a specific thread it will be much easier to locate!

AND we're not miscellaneous! woo!!

Reaction score
JediJustin said:
Anybody else's monitor have that "fresh new car smell" when viewing the new FC forums?
I'm still a bit confused.
Could Ric Olie please explain to me which one controls the pitch?

Reaction score
I like our new digs here. Now if only Palpatine would put a shirt on and Ric Olie would stop pointing out what all the buttons on the screen do... "Yes, Ric, thank you! I know I what the 'continue' button does.."

Reaction score
shazbazzar said:
JediJustin said:
Anybody else's monitor have that "fresh new car smell" when viewing the new FC forums?
I'm still a bit confused.
Could Ric Olie please explain to me which one controls the pitch?
Be careful what you ask for Shazbazzar! As we learned from a recent ForceCast episode, Ric Olie may want a penny from you for every post from now on!

Reaction score
JimmyMac said:
As Harrison Ford says:

"WHO CARES."

Jimmy Mac, just think about Mark Buehrle's phenomenal performance for your White Sox last night and know that you are loved, man!

Reaction score
ive been listening for about a year. the first thing i want to say is, this podcast is FREE. you get it for nothing. its free entertainment. its also the best podcast ive heard, and i have heard a few.

to moan about it and say one of the hosts isnt to your liking is just churlish. what do you want them to do, change it to suit you? i know jimmy doesnt need anyone to defend him, but im going to anyway. we're lucky to have him. he is a naturally entertaining guy. i love his impersonations, theyre great. i could do with a little more Ziro on the show to be honest.also, i dont want to sound over the top, but in my opinion its the best podcast avaialble anywhere. no i havent heard every podcast in the world but i do listen to quite a few ( i work long hours in front of my computer). podcasts i enjoy include- chud, 1up, richard herring and andrew collins (uk comedians), a dr who podcast, stephen fry,ninja mountain, the list goes on. the force cast is the most enjoyable for me, they seem to have the mix just right in terms of genuinley funny spontaneous humour ,and a great level of access to lucasfilm, great interviews with the people closest to star wars...whats not to like??
the wierd thing is, im not even into star wars that much anymore, i just really like the show!
anyway back to work...

Reaction score
pepemacca said:
ive been listening for about a year. the first thing i want to say is, this podcast is FREE. you get it for nothing. its free entertainment. its also the best podcast ive heard, and i have heard a few.

to moan about it and say one of the hosts isnt to your liking is just churlish. what do you want them to do, change it to suit you? i know jimmy doesnt need anyone to defend him, but im going to anyway. we're lucky to have him. he is a naturally entertaining guy. i love his impersonations, theyre great. i could do with a little more Ziro on the show to be honest.also, i dont want to sound over the top, but in my opinion its the best podcast avaialble anywhere. no i havent heard every podcast in the world but i do listen to quite a few ( i work long hours in front of my computer). podcasts i enjoy include- chud, 1up, richard herring and andrew collins (uk comedians), a dr who podcast, stephen fry,ninja mountain, the list goes on. the force cast is the most enjoyable for me, they seem to have the mix just right in terms of genuinley funny spontaneous humour ,and a great level of access to lucasfilm, great interviews with the people closest to star wars...whats not to like??
the wierd thing is, im not even into star wars that much anymore, i just really like the show!
anyway back to work...
Thanks for your thoughts, pepemacca. I agree that Jimmy doesn't need defending, but I am also glad that you said all the good things that you did about him. He is an extremely talented guy on many levels and his chemistry with Jason is perfect.

Reaction score
I've got a technical question? Is there any way to adjust the volume levels or to make the lower sounds more clear for guests that are on the show via telephone? I loved having Kyle Newman on for The Clone Wars Roundtables and on the FC to promote Fanboys, but I often had a difficult time hearing and/or understanding what he was saying. He tended to let his volume trail off the longer he spoke and his voice became very muffled-sounding and difficult to decipher. I tried to compensate by turning up the volume, but this didn't always help.

I'm not trying to gripe, as I love the show very much. I was just curious if anyone else had the same problem and if there was anything that could be done about it. Thanks!

Reaction score
ObiWannabe said:
I've got a technical question? Is there any way to adjust the volume levels or to make the lower sounds more clear for guests that are on the show via telephone? I loved having Kyle Newman on for The Clone Wars Roundtables and on the FC to promote Fanboys, but I often had a difficult time hearing and/or understanding what he was saying. He tended to let his volume trail off the longer he spoke and his voice became very muffled-sounding and difficult to decipher. I tried to compensate by turning up the volume, but this didn't always help.

I'm not trying to gripe, as I love the show very much. I was just curious if anyone else had the same problem and if there was anything that could be done about it. Thanks!
I've noticed the same thing with Kyle's volume. It could be that he just doesn't know how low it is, but if he listens to the episode later, he should get the hint. Maybe Jason or Jimmy could raise his level on the Skype call, or ask him to speak louder or sit closer to the phone's microphone.

Reaction score
Kyle is a trail-off talker. If you notice, his first words come on strong but then he quiets down and simutaniously exhales slowly with the rest of his sentance. So as he runs out of air his volume gets lower and less energetic. He trails off.

I'm always wondering if that's how he always talks but I do reconize that about 30% of that affect is added by the skype line. The only people who are really invunerable to it are Steve Sansweet and Jimmy, who are energetic speakers

Reaction score
Cramer said:
The only people who are really invunerable to it are Steve Sansweet and Jimmy, who are energetic speakers
Don't forget Bonnie Burton!

Reaction score
MasterRawas said:
Cramer said:
The only people who are really invunerable to it are Steve Sansweet and Jimmy, who are energetic speakers
Don't forget Bonnie Burton!
I never forget Bonnie. Just keep her to myself

Reaction score
Thanks for letting me know that I'm not going deaf and that my radio still works! It's not a huge deal. I would venture to guess that the only real solution would be for guests to talk louder, which is just uncomfortable for some people for any sort of extended period. As long as the great guests that the FC is able to land can continue to be a part of the show, I'll turn my radio up as loud as I have to!

Reaction score
pepemacca said:
i wonder how many Lucasfilm employees listen to the Force Cast....
Based upon a number of interviews it is certain that the ForceCast has a decent presence at Lucasfilm. We know that Henry Gilroy, Dave Filoni, and several other Clone Wars personnel are listening. Jimmy and Jason also have some great inside connections to the folks at the ranch. It's great to know that the people in charge of our beloved franchise care about the opinions of us fans.

Reaction score
Just as an FYI - Philip has just added a big Force-Cast linked logo to the top right corner of all TFN pages.

Easy peezy, lemon squeezy!

Reaction score
Hi!
I didn't see a new member thread, so I thought this one would be the best one to say hello! I'm Jammies from Louisville KY (Loo-ah-vuhll). Long time FC fan (even from the Eric days). My fandom foci are, reading everything EU, and building Star Wars models.

In fact, I tried to join earlier (google issues, sorries) to invite you all to Wonderfest 09, a sci-fi modeling con here in Derby City. It was great fun, losts of sci-fi models in the contest room (included about 4 of mine), dealers of toys, models, props, and Hobby Link Japan was there with a lot of overseas SW collectables, and a few Star Wars artists. The 501st was in force as well. Might be something some of you all are interested in for next year if you live nearby.

Also, a huge thank you to Jimmy, Jason, Pete, Jedi Justin, and everyone who has anything to do with the FC. It makes my week, and I know lots of you feel the same way.

Thanks guys, and May the Force Be With You!
Jammies
(hope this was the correct thread to post this in)

Reaction score
Thanks guys!

I'm not really new to the family, just, new to this board. The FC has been a part of my life (and an important one) for years.

Pics? Sure.
First, heres a link to most of all the cool models from this years contest. Now, keep in mind, this is just the contest. There is also the dealers room, the 501st and the Star Wars artists too.

http://kitbash.net/wf2009/

Okay, not to be a glory hound, but here are my entries from years past:
2007: Tie Intercepter flying over a crahsed Tie Fighter:
http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/JLpWLWw6QoqpAsYJ9sYjVg?feat=directlink
2008: Tie Droid from Dark Empire:
http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/sVlI4KxB0PG2ysW5HyvCQQ?feat=directlink
1/72 scale Snow Speeder (2.5 inches long)
http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/DafxcOkxo3nLqGrbBSHNKQ?feat=directlink

And this years:
AT-PT
http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/n2YN2N4JyjAhFTPLnGRjBQ?feat=directlink
Y-Wing Green (in progress)
http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/DyAMRqeUFN3E-dZ7i0W1bQ?feat=directlink
Y-Wing Green (in the show)
http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/k67gQ4CXvOLqWuzVPqo3DA?feat=directlink

And, not to brag, but after years of not winning anything, here are my two 3rd place bronze awards:
http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/ZwmfJOObHBWXe5-1u2746Q?feat=directlink

I could post more pics, but, I rather say this. If anyone wants to put together a nice kit, just let me know-- I'd be happy to help with "the popsicle sticks"

Jammies

Reaction score
Wow, those are some great looking models. Very impressive detail levels on such a small scale.

Reaction score
Wow. Thanks all!

I hope some of you can make it down here next year, even if you are not into models, it is a fun lil con.

And, again, if anyone is interested in the hobby-- I'd be happy to help. The little snap tites from Revell at the WalMarts can be pretty fun.

Jammies

Reaction score
Awesome.

Just what I was looking for - some really cool well-weathered SW models! Lovin that Y-wing.

Thanks for that.

More would be fine by me.
Maybe you could post them under a thread that we had for showing off our talents - but I can't remember the name of the thread. If anyone can help out here - it had pics in it from Satka's projects.

Reaction score
Thanks for posting all those pics! They look really cool. I always love seeing the talents of Star Wars fans. We really do make up quite a neat community.

Reaction score
I love the force cast, I think it's so awesome. The discussions they have and the manner in which it keeps me updated with Star Wars news in such a nice and laid-back manner is very enjoyable.

I love just sitting back while taking a break and just listening to an episode of the force cast though sometime I fall behind and a lot stack up, but then again that just attests to the awesome work being put into it!

Reaction score
We're glad you decided to join us, Cave_Jawa, and that you're enjoying the show. Welcome!

Reaction score
Ive just join the forum due to the force cast its the best podcast ever i listen to it every Friday evening and it makes me crack up all the time, its sooo cool and ... well i don't know what else to write but i love it

Reaction score
LaurieMac said:
Ive just join the forum due to the force cast its the best podcast ever i listen to it every Friday evening and it makes me crack up all the time, its sooo cool and ... well i don't know what else to write but i love it
We're glad you love the show so much. Jason and Jimmy work very hard and it certainly pays off. Welcome to the forums!

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome everyone.

Also is there a way for me to mark threads so that I get notified for replies?

Reaction score
Cave_Jawa said:
Thanks for the welcome everyone.

Also is there a way for me to mark threads so that I get notified for replies?
At the bottom of any thread, there's a clickable text that reads, "Favorite Thread! (toggle)" on the lower left. Click it.