General Autograph Forum Rules - PLEASE READ

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
General Rules

- Please post all For Sale, For Trade or Want To Buy threads in the Autographs & Photographs: Classifieds forum.

- Try to limit the amount of Off Topic posts in the Autograph section. If you feel the need to discuss something outside of autographs, please see Wuher's Cantina. If you truly feel that this community needs to see something specific, please label your thread with an "OT:" at the beginning to differentiate it from actual autograph posts.

- If you want to let the community know about a show or event not related to Star Wars, please label your thread with an "OT:" at the beginning to help those not interested in non-Star Wars discussion from wasting their time. This includes, convention and signing threads.

- Anyone who (A. accepts personal items from another collector for assistance at a show, B. accepts personal items for a private signing, C. accepts money for an item or items being sold, D. accepts items in trade for other items, E. accepts money and/or items for any reason,) must respond within 7 days of receiving an email or private message regarding the transaction, unless prior notice has been given alerting the other party that you will be unable to be online for a longer period of time. If you read someone's message and you don't have time to fully respond, simply state that you got the message and will respond soon. This just help's avoid the frustration of wondering about your stuff.

- Please do not post high-res images for others to download on the forums. If you want to swap images, please do so via email or private message.

- If you are wanting to offer help at an event, it's okay to create a thread for this, but please label it as such and post it in the Autograph Classifieds section, not in the main Autograph forum which is reserved for threads about collecting, recent acquisitions, signings, opinions, etc.

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Guys, there have been quite a lot of Off Topic threads started in this section lately. I don't mind the occasional thread, but this is the Autograph section and conversations need to stay on track with that. If you want to discuss sports, electronics, play online games, etc., please do that in Wuher's Cantina.

Thanks!

Reaction score
My fault!

I thought since it said "Autographs and Photographs" my Funny Caption Game would be ok!

If you want to move it... feel free!!!

Won't hurt my feelings!

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Just wanted to mention that there's no need to apologize for pointing out fake autographs. Obviously, this should be done in a nice way, but in the interest of protecting the members of this community, if there's a forged autograph being sold, it needs to be marked and removed. This is exactly why we require ALL items being sold in this section to be listed with a photo.

If anyone feels uncomfortable saying something, please send me a PM and I will certainly do so. With the amount of expertise we have on these boards, it doesn't take long to figure out what's real and what's not.

Reaction score
The only problem I foresee with the new 'contact' rule is that some people are just bloody impatient and will PM 4 or 5 times within n24 hours asking the same question.

If you give them an answer and then 2-3 days you get the same question, read the PM then don't reply because you've already given them the answer what happens then?

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Abstractharmony said:
The only problem I foresee with the new 'contact' rule is that some people are just bloody impatient and will PM 4 or 5 times within n24 hours asking the same question.

If you give them an answer and then 2-3 days you get the same question, read the PM then don't reply because you've already given them the answer what happens then?
That is an extremely valid point and if that indeed does happen, you being the seller or person providing a service would be completely within your rights to ignore the second, third, forth and fifth PM if they are asking the exact same question multiple times in a 24 hour period. This will have to be dealt with on a case by case basis as I'm going to assume that most members do not take that sort of action.

On that note, it's the seller or service provider's responsibility to relate information to buyers and people paying for services. In other words, people shouldn't have to be asking "hey, where's my stuff?" if frequent updates are given.

Reaction score
Define reasonable amount of time?
Also, what are the penalties for not responding? Its not as if you can boot the seller/helper because that screws over the buyer/customer.

Also, if you are willing to put rules in for communication, how about something for those who are found to be selling fake autos, such as a pinned 'name and shamed' thread.

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
emotionalvampire said:
Define reasonable amount of time?
Also, what are the penalties for not responding? Its not as if you can boot the seller/helper because that screws over the buyer/customer.

Also, if you are willing to put rules in for communication, how about something for those who are found to be selling fake autos, such as a pinned 'name and shamed' thread.
A reasonable amount of time would be no more than a week. Like I mentioned, real life can and will get in the way, but no one is forcing anyone to assist with autographs here.

If you have a list of currently active forgers or any currently active member that is selling fakes, please forward it to me and I'll be happy to take a look.

Reaction score
I personally have been lucky and not dealt with any on here.
Im sure others might be in touch though, especially those involved in the discowookie con.

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
emotionalvampire said:
Im sure others might be in touch though, especially those involved in the discowookie con.
That particular (former) member wouldn't fall under the category of "currently active" though. If there was such a list, it would only include current active members.

Reaction score
Chris Wyman said:
emotionalvampire said:
That particular (former) member wouldn't fall under the category of "currently active" though. If there was such a list, it would only include current active members.
True, but the intention is to display their off forum 'human' name as well. Anyone can sign up again with a new name, but its a little harder to change your PayPal account name though!

Also, could this be extended to off forum sites and people as well?

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
emotionalvampire said:
Chris Wyman said:
emotionalvampire said:
True, but the intention is to display their off forum 'human' name as well. Anyone can sign up again with a new name, but its a little harder to change your PayPal account name though!

Also, could this be extended to off forum sites and people as well?
Walking out the door for Daytona right this second, we'll continue this on Monday.

Reaction score
Chris Wyman said:
emotionalvampire said:
What a joke this statement is. This forum has become a real shady place. Chris, stipulating the member must be currently active to be added to a fraud list serves no one but the thiefs. Your motivation is transparent to everyone, you don't want to name him as a thief to protect people against him because he's your friend.. The guy still exists and still can rip off new people to this hobby. You being his friend is really going to be the motivating factor behind not including 'past' RS members on the list?

By the way I know this post is going to really infuriate you. I fully expect you to get rid of me. I know you can't take when people criticize your 'leadership' in public.

Regardless Chris your decision on only including current members in a 'beware' thread will prove to be very unpopular. Just ask the people who use this forum man.

This place is not what it used to be. And the politics and behind the scenes, backroom deals that all went on after CV and the Discowookie fraud is the biggest factor in the downfall of this once great forum.

Rebelscum is a great site, and other sections of the forums have their acts together with bad trader threads. This forum however has fallen hard.

Peace out.

Reaction score
GenoRules said:
Chris Wyman said:
emotionalvampire said:
What a joke this statement is. This forum has become a real shady place. Chris, stipulating the member must be currently active to be added to a fraud list serves no one but the thiefs. Your motivation is transparent to everyone, you don't want to name him as a thief to protect people against him because he's your friend.. The guy still exists and still can rip off new people to this hobby. You being his friend is really going to be the motivating factor behind not including 'past' RS members on the list?

By the way I know this post is going to really infuriate you. I fully expect you to get rid of me. I know you can't take when people criticize your 'leadership' in public.

Regardless Chris your decision on only including current members in a 'beware' thread will prove to be very unpopular. Just ask the people who use this forum man.

This place is not what it used to be. And the politics and behind the scenes, backroom deals that all went on after CV and the Discowookie fraud is the biggest factor in the downfall of this once great forum.

Rebelscum is a great site, and other sections of the forums have their acts together with bad trader threads. This forum however has fallen hard.

Peace out.
I have to agree with Justin 100% here. Marc Moser(discowookie) ripped off thousands of dollars from people in this very community. And to be quite frank, I was very disappointed in how that whole situation was handled by the moderator of this forum. Chris, please explain to me why you feel that locking down a thread down at 500 posts is worthy of action yet the Marc Moser situation required no action. Several requests were made to pin a bad seller thread in this forum and you refused to do so. And now that you are considering it you are still refusing to list Moser's name. I guess I am just confused by your role as moderator, since you flat out refuse to warn people in this community about one of the biggest forgers and frauds to hit the world of autograph collecting in recent memory.

Reaction score
I love how a thread pretty much directed towards Mark and Graham has now turned into another Discowookie thread.

Thats seems to be the best way to deflect attention or responsibility around here. Some people can do no wrong.

Reaction score
The_King said:
I love how a thread pretty much directed towards Mark and Graham has now turned into another Discowookie thread.

Thats seems to be the best way to deflect attention or responsibility around here. Some people can do no wrong.
To The_King: You come off as completely ignorant. The two you mention DID NO WRONG. They do nothing but good for this community. If you don't like the service they provide or how they provide it, try Wattographs. (Good luck with that).

Thanks for the backup Clinton, it's nice to see another long standing member around here speak up and back me up. We are not alone. It really is sad that a few squeaky wheels complain to get a brand new 'rule' about communication, yet a hundred squeaky wheels cannot get the name of the villain MARC MOSER who ruined this hobby and community put into a pinned thread.

Reaction score
Not sure what this has to do with Mark, but some of it was certainly due to me being out of touch for a while over the Lawson signing.

I've admitted that those delays were not a good thing and apologised for them, along with explaining the reasons behind them, some of which were beyond my control, other things I would do differently with hindsight. That's called fronting up and taking responsibility. After that, people can think of me what they like, but I have never done anything but my best for the hobby and this community.

You certainly won't catch me starting new accounts so I can anonymously flame people. If you have had a problem dealing with me, please tell us all who you are and we will sort it out.

Reaction score
All of this goes back to marc and him selling fakes and keeping the money...that &#*@!) got to hurt the board 2x.

Reaction score
I was out of this whole Marc Moser/Discowookie fiasco and none of my items, or money were lost. In regards to Graham's service I think it's outstanding. When 'your money' and 'your items' get messed with, it causes one heck of an emotional response.

We've had some shoddy things happen here and some people who've held signing events that are not to keen with a sense of business and/or customer service.

The current state of the autograph forum CANNOT be fun for anyone, user, moderator, or passer by's.... As a 'user' I find it's full of stress and It's no longer my 'escape'. I try to get into it and read..but now for the most part it's just 'sale threads' and fluff.

It's a shame all this has to happen. The practical ones here know the important contributors to this autograph forum. Those contributors will always be the ones that we'll always turn to when it comes to needing real information such as authenticity, 'in-person' tips, signature placement, ANYTHING that has any relation to the concept of "AUTOGRAPH".

This new rule for transactions is a step. BUT I agree with my fellow members the autograph forum. Changes with the way things are done here have to be made, or good, quality contributing members will leave the unneeded drama.

Reaction score
Hey, The_King.

Thanks for the dig, not entirely sure who you are but if you got an ACTUAL problem then how about we actually talk it out in public.

To be open and frank how about I list all of my current outstanding :-

Starmania/Ewok - I lump these together because realistically a a few of the ewoks are still to sign the piece. All of the members of the Ewok signings (the only signatures still to be added as I ensured that everyone else who didn't sign at Starmania for non attendance was added after the fact or replaced with someone else).

The Ewoks signings are ongoing Wheeler and Read are next to sign (not happened yet as a couple of folks wanted to delay payment), Andy Herd & Katie Purvis will be added after that you wrap up the UK leg.

Both Kenny Baker and Kiran have been paid for the sigs but we have not, as yet, met to get pen to paper. Only a matter of time and everyone involved is aware of the situation.

Margaret Towner - All of these have now shipped (other than those people who asked me to hold onto them and ship them together with other stuff). There was a delay in shipping the 11x14 whilst I decided the best way for this to happen and then waiting until our glorious Christmas post out of the way.

Memorabilia - Most of these items were the PT stuff that I already had (and continue to hold for upcoming signings) All members are aware that I still have their stuff - seeing as they asked me to hold onto it. There were a couple of other items that have also shipped.

Collectormania London - For the record. None of the send-in stuff was mine (hence my numerous posts beforehand stating that I would not be running one). Indeed for all Showmasters events I will no longer be able to take any send-in items as I assist the organisers and Graham with their own archival requirements.

The reason that I was 'sticking up' for Graham is that he is a friend and I knew both the scale of the endeavour and the fact that there was no problem with any of your items.

I really, really wish you could all appreciate just how crappy our postal service is at times. It is, quite frankly, a joke.

Alan Ruscoe - Unfortunately, Alan was ill on the day that the signing was meant to occur and we are due to meet in the next four weeks to get them all done. These will (at least the ones that need to) ship within 7-14 days of the signing taking place.

Again, for the record, let me point out that the reason that I am able to keep the prices of the private signings low is the fact that I do not make any profit from them, In fact, when you work out the time spent making sure I get the orders and photos ordered, getting the stuff collated, travelling to the meet then packing and posting not to mention setting up the signing in the first place it should really be clear to anyone with half a brain that I do this simply for my love of the PT and to try and make sure that people get some unusual and nice signatures.

Which leaves me with the x-wing multi-piece. This was decided, as a group, to rest this for a while to allow the piece to catch up and to give everyone's wallets a break, this is due to kick off again in the next two months. Again everyone is aware of this.

Now, I didn't really need to post all of this. I did it because I am open and have absolutely nothing to hide.

If you don't want to take part in any of my private signings /send-ins in the future then that's awesome. I don't have a problem with that but really, don't start throwing my name out willy-nilly.

As an aside, if you are a member of any of the groups mentioned above and you weren't aware of any of this then can I suggest that you read the respective threads.

Now...

Can we resume normal service please?

BTW - The handmaiden multi/Liz Wilson signing folks, lots of you have PM'd me to take part but forgotten to let me have (and send the funds) for your photo choice - this especially means the Keira slot folks as I'll need you to pick a photo on the offchance that I don't manage to get Keira on one of the pieces that I have in my possession before the OPX order arrives.

Reaction score
Me, I love for sale threads, is this real, recent scores, does this guy sign type threads...to be honest, its about the same(in my opinion) type and amount of threads...its just theres at times a negative pallor that hangs over that it can make thinks seem odd/negative. Marc faking all that stuff and ruining a lot of pieces , one of my big ones included, really hurt a lot of people and that negative charge fills the air. That in turn has made people SUPER on edge so now that items are showing up a few weeks late from some large signings, stress abounds and tempers flare again. I think that not having an official statement and decision on the Discowookie/Marc scam and how it was rightly or wrongly dealt with has kept there from being a LOT of closure. And then how things will be different so things like that don't happen in the future, which is what this thread is trying to do, will help out a LOT.

All the people who have posted on this thread...there is not a single BAD GUY on this list...sometimes some people make mistakes, in both what they do in how they react to things...but its human and the best thing you can do is take ownership of your mistakes, forgive others and yourself for that mistake, and move on. Talking about a problem on its own, and exploring it honestly and fairly/respectfully is NEVER wrong...The trick is to keep it to that level of interaction.

There probably needs to be a mod started thread discussing the entire Discowookie/Marc Moser situation, started by a mod and then as "your so bad" blame free as possible responded to by the people involved. Just get it out in the open and acknowledged what was done wrong and right in the situation, and how it will NEVER happen again including the steps (partially listed out at the top) to avoid it. As for people getting upset about send ins/signings done by other individuals...if its a larger scale signing that could have some issues, maybe it should be discussed with the moderator and have a thread for it pegged to the top until its completed and the vast majority of people have their stuff back, then can be unpegged and let slide down as it winds down...that way people can feel updated on what is going on, and also less panicked if something slows down/causes issues...Also maybe what all goes into a "mail my valueable stuff through the mail" type of signing...that issues can arise that are really part/parcel with the risk associated with HOSTING/PARTICIPATING in one of these signings. Along with that, the expectations of both the buyers and the Sellers in something like a send away signing specifically.

Reaction score
GenoRules said:
I fully expect you to get rid of me.
I hope that doesn't happen, if it does, this can no longer be called a forum anymore, because it no longer will be.

I'm sorry, but this is the biggest issue to hit this hobby, (and not whether someone answers a PM in time) and no one in a leadership position has taken a firm stance, one way or the other. As a fan and follower of this forum, I ask for leadership to take a stand. You talk about giving respect, well, as someone who knows many who have been hurt, defrauded, and no longer can call this place a home, I ask for respect to be given us and those affected.

Discowookie sold fakes here. The fact that he is no longer active shouldn't matter. If its only current members that will be posted in some list, that will make them stop posting and selling here, great, what then...their name comes off the list because they're no longer active?

Please understand I do not mean to come off rude, or disrespectful, but this is an unbelievably serious issue, and I really feel that leadership needs to address this, not censor it, and not kick members out for sharing an opinion. And apologies if this is not the thread to bring it all up in, I just really feel that it needs to be addressed before other rules. Thanks for your time and attention.

Reaction score
I hate to say this Zham, but there are bad guys that have posted above. Not necessarily for selling fakes or taking peoples money, but more for their deceitful two-faced ways.

As for The King, you are obviously someone who has created an account to slate people because you dont have the [censored] to use you real account. Again being deceitful and two-faced, so using your normal account you can continue to kiss [censored]!

Reaction score
This board is not even close to what it once was. I personally don't like talking auto's here anymore. There are a few guys a really like talking to (Geno, Clinton, Sithcalls, Bendu, Neilme) but for the most part people just complain. The MOD's are a bit drunk with power.

Reaction score
He was never banned, there has never been an official word from a mod on any of it. He just went quiet when the doubts were raised. As the evidence mounted up the silences continued.

Personally I am sick of hearing about it, at this point people believe what they believe and nothing will change that. BUT, it is clear from the way it keeps coming up that a lot of people on the board still want closure on the issue. For whatever reason, it looks like that is not going to happen on this forum.

In which case, we have to move on, discontented maybe, but it is the only way. If questionable graphs come up, question them. As for a warning thread about bad sellers, if it can't include all the bad sellers is there really a point?

Lex

Reaction score
I really hope the new rule didn't come because of Graham, who explained the whole situation and I'm glad he didn't mail them before Xmas. He busted his butt off to help us, kudos to him. Just wondering if the rule was before Collectormania could any of us gotten help from him and that would just suck big time.

Reaction score
I think if this rule had been in place before the Lawson gig I would now be banned from helping people as a result of the delays, yes.

Reaction score
swsigsuk said:
I think if this rule had been in place before the Lawson gig I would now be banned from helping people as a result of the delays, yes.
That's because you're a bad, bad man.

Reaction score
A_OK said:
The MOD's are a bit drunk with power.
Well said, you have no idea how many people I have talked to that have muttered this exact phrase.

Reaction score
I don't know if I want to be part of a community where the people "in charge" say that things are not up for discussion & lock threads after they make "rules".

Reaction score
No mate. I don't think that Marc would attack anyone in public and so obviously as with a 'new' registration. It's not his style.

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Well, I see this conversation continued while I was away. I'll start at the top and work my way down this morning. Might take a bit to respond to each post, but I'll get to them all.

Reaction score
Id be surprised if marc didnt have a back up ID going with posts and history. He had multiple IDs on ebay, why not here?

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
GenoRules said:
Chris Wyman said:
emotionalvampire said:

Peace out.
Justin, I'm not real sure where you are getting your info from, but I can assure you that it's incorrect. I have dealt with Marc and communicated back and forth with him, but that is most certainly not the reason his name isn't tacked to the top of the board.

Other than Marc, who else should go on the bad seller/trader list? I'm the one that receives all the complaints and there hasn't been a whole lot of complaints towards other members being bad sellers/traders. So, this request to post one person's account in neon flashing lights for all to see, who hasn't been active on this site since August of 2010 and who sold his entire collection off and completely got out of the game, is a little extreme. I have no problem with posting a thread for this, but just as expected, everyone around here just wants one name on it. Marc is no longer selling or trading here at Rebelscum.

I absolutely agree 100% that this part of the forum is not what it used to be. It's going to take a lot of work and time, but I want to see it get back to where it once was just as much or more than everyone who calls this place home.

As for your comment about leadership, there isn't much to say there other than this: I do not appreciate when someone does not come to me directly when they have a problem, instead, posting something on the message board to "the mod". There is only one mod, so why not officially direct your concerns to me? Doesn't make a whole lot of sense to beat around the bush.

I am not going to ban you for speaking your mind as you haven't broken any rules. After all, this is a public forum. However, there are better ways to go about certain things.