General Apology

Reaction score
Hello,

My name is Brian, and I have been a collector of vintage Star Wars the majority of my life. I became a more serious collector within the last decade or so. I want to start this post by stating I wish no ill will upon any other collector in this hobby. I have recently received some threats that concerned my safety greatly. I am hoping this never happens again, but must remain off the vintage Facebook groups until this all cools down. I again have many friends in this hobby, and would like to remain an active contributor to the hobby. I hope everyone has a great Holiday season.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I’m sorry to hear someone threatened you. I’m not much into Facebook but I’m curious. I used to check out those groups and left them when some people started grossly over estimating their items values.

Reaction score
I am hoping it gets better over time. I love vintage Star Wars, and will be displaying my collection next year for all in my area to enjoy. I was upset too because some collectors played a trick on me involving something very important. They thought it was funny, and others got hurt.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Soo..... the title of your thread is "general apology". What are you apologizing for? Or.... What is going on? I feel like there is a background story I am missing here.

Reaction score
I was just apologizing if I came off brash to any other collectors. If anyone has any details or information on the background story please put it in this thread. I was receiving threats and not sure why, so any information would be appreciated.

Reaction score
Some rave over facebook, however I stay away from it. I use it for family being so far away and some groups. I browse the sales adds in a few groups but the prices aren't there for me. I bought 1 time and it arrived in a padded envelope and cracked. Keyboard bullies show up everywhere (including here). This is a tighter group so they get called out pretty quick or banned. Facebook is way too big and is more of a popularity contest. Not sure why someone is threatening you. Sales gone bad or mixed words is still no reason for threats. Not saying that's what happened. It might not even be collecting related. Maybe it's an old grudge from someone who found you on Facebook.

Reaction score
If anyone has an issue with me they can speak to me in April at Celebration in person.
I wouldn't worry about it. Keyboard bullies are cowards. Enjoy your collecting and ignore the dumb a##@

Reaction score
I am the nicest guy in the world. I was upset for awhile about something, but I am only 5’ 3” tall. I doubt I pose a physical threat to anyone. lol

Reaction score
I am the nicest guy in the world. I was upset for awhile about something, but I am only 5’ 3” tall. I doubt I pose a physical threat to anyone. lol
I have a full 12 inches on you and over 225, lol. It's usually people your size that want to mess with me.
:rolleyes:

Reaction score
I am just a life long toy collector. I won’t mess with anyone. I will defend myself if attacked though.
don't get him anywhere near water though...

:p

I definitely will give this guy a wide berth though, sounds like I might wake up in about 20 large tupperware containers in Bsjaye's fridge otherwise lol.

I'm not on Facebook but it could just be the Russians right?

Reaction score
don't get him anywhere near water though...

:p

I definitely will give this guy a wide berth though, sounds like I might wake up in about 20 large tupperware containers in Bsjaye's fridge otherwise lol.

I'm not on Facebook but it could just be the Russians right?
No one is going to touch me. Lol

Reaction score
I have a full 12 inches on you and over 225, lol. It's usually people your size that want to mess with me.
:rolleyes:
I'd only use the term *12 inches* to refer to 12-inch large action figure, or a 12" record. Otherwise, people can twist that number some other way .... if you know what I mean.

Reaction score
I'd only use the term *12 inches* to refer to 12-inch large action figure, or a 12" record. Otherwise, people can twist that number some other way .... if you know what I mean.
my regional manager had this big long readers digest motivational story he read that was called "12 inches" ...the kind of thing you would expect in a chain mail asking you to forward to everyone you know...anyway it was quite the punch line the entire rest of the day, even with him

it was referencing the width of a baseball home plate and how it never changes no matter the level of play