General Antoc Merrick with X-Wing (Target Exclusive)

Reaction score
I do recall seeing another Astro in the background but didn't think it was C4, especially since they were using made up Fan built Droids at the time?

I wonder if that's just a kitbash/custom Chopper, or if it really is a hint of an upcoming figure. If the latter, that could definitely signal the eventual addition of more Rebels figures in TVC. 🙏
More than likely it is the 5POA version, I doubt they'd take the time to customize/kitbash for a phot shoot considering they didn't do it for CFC and used the same Alien BSG twice. And to date no figure pictured on a box "that wasn't included" has ever come to fruition later on. If there is an upcoming Chopper figure release coming I suspect it will be a reissue of that old 5POA figure, unless it's somehow the Disney BAD version. Which I doubt Plus I think there would have to be some kind of media tie in such as his reappearance in new media, not a reference shot from five second scene in a movie from 2016.

Besides I think people would rather see the RFT on a single main line release than that figure for $13, rather than having to buy a $40 Hallway to get it.

bac

Reaction score
^ Yep. I'd like a few more RFT's, but I'm not buying a few more hallways to get them.

Reaction score
Near the greatest snow on Earth. (SLC, UT)
That Chopper is probably the one from the Rebels 5 POA line.
Ah, yep. You're probably right. Oh well. Out of all the droids they could have put in the shot, it's curious, though, that they'd pick him.
Unless he's in a background shot in Rogue One? I'm getting the itch to watch that movie yet again.
Chopper in Rogue One.jpg
Plus I think there would have to be some kind of media tie in such as his reappearance in new media, not a reference shot from five second scene in a movie from 2016.
Well, he was in two episodes of The Bad Batch.
Besides I think people would rather see the RFT on a single main line release than that figure for $13, rather than having to buy a $40 Hallway to get it.
I'm sure you could say that about many figures. I really want to see Rebels figures in TVC, however I would also be down for more/different RFTs in the mainline assortment.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Touché. Although I wouldn't exactly call Bad Batch far reaching, it does have a somewhat limited audience and I've noticed that most of the fans of R1/OT aren't really all that much into the animated fare.

I don't feel they are omissions, you really want to pay $13 for a lone BB-8? Chopper I could possibly see as he's bigger, by a little, but without some kind of larger accessory included these smaller figures are loosing their appeal at the prices continue to climb. IMHO BB should have come with Pilot Poe! IDK, maybe it's just me.. But that's part of the problem I think with TVC, people wanting every thing plus the kitchen sink on TVC card just for the sake of it.

bac

Reaction score
Different strokes for different folks, right? Poe's X-Wing was a perfect opportunity to pack-in a carded BB-8.

For me and others a carded figure isn't "for the sake of it". It's part of a carded display and completely different than a loose figure. I have a loose BB-8, one of the very few things I bought during the 5 POA Disney era.

As a main sidekick I'd love to put him next to my other carded TFA, TLJ and ROS figures on display.

bac

Reaction score
^ Sure! It doesn't need to be in the main line either. In fact it shouldn't be.

Anyway, I'm all-on on Antoc and his ride.

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm not 100% against it because it does offer something for someone and I simply won't buy it. But the precedent it sets is what scares me, Hasbro may feel like they can pack any accessory type character onto a TVC card and sell it for $13. Next thing you know here comes Babu Frik on TVC card with only a wrench. Which again is fine because I personally won't buy either as I don't care for BB-8 nor this guy. Yet it still takes up a slot that could have gone to something I would have bought several times over.

Grogu is different because they were able to pack him in with a large accessory that makes sense to the character, but what if there never was a pram?
What if it always was a satchel, would a tiny bag make up for the Pram? Probably so because people would still need to buy him and apparently price is of no issue anymore. Me, I would have still waited for items like the Build-up pack with him and Din. Or some kind of multipack with Grogu, Kuill and Blurrg etc.

bac

Reaction score
I feel you. BB-8 by himself doesn't seem like a good deal for a full price figure. That only works if, in my opinion, the same wave has an over-sized figure.

While I want a BB-8 and Chopper on card, I think both are better served outside the main line and as convention exclusives. Or as I hoped would have happened, packaged with Poe's X-Wing.

Babu Frik would be near microscopic. He's barely an accessory!

Reaction score
^ Sure! It doesn't need to be in the main line either. In fact it shouldn't be.

Anyway, I'm all-on on Antoc and his ride.
Not to get sidetracked, but bb8 on tvc need not be like the sdcc mouse droud or s crumb.

Anyways, I wonder why when a carded fig image is revealed, why not the backside as well. It'd be nice to see Merrick's card backside as well given it'd settle the Tvc# curiosity.

Reaction score
Anything about when it goes up for pre-order?

At this point, unless they do another "Target Con" or whatever they called it, I'd say this probably won't even show up for preorder. It will be a random launch at like 3:45 AM and will sell out by the time most people are up and checking online.

Reaction score
wow that looks good!

Now the thing is, how do we get it lol AFter the Boba Fett debacle, I am not too sure I will see it at my local Target lol

Reaction score
I feel you. BB-8 by himself doesn't seem like a good deal for a full price figure. That only works if, in my opinion, the same wave has an over-sized figure.

While I want a BB-8 and Chopper on card, I think both are better served outside the main line and as convention exclusives. Or as I hoped would have happened, packaged with Poe's X-Wing.

Babu Frik would be near microscopic. He's barely an accessory!

It's pretty sad that the only version of BB-8 we got was from that TFA "Desert Misison" pack. He should have 100% been a pack in with either Poe or Rey when they made their appearance on a TVC card. We haven't had a Chopper on single card since the hard to find Rebels release, unless you count the Disney Exclusive Droid Factory version of him. I should have got two, but only got one. And damn right, I opened it!

bac

Reaction score
Anyways, I wonder why when a carded fig image is revealed, why not the backside as well. It'd be nice to see Merrick's card backside as well given it'd settle the Tvc# curiosity.

I've been wondering this since the 2.0 relaunch. They know that we like to know the TVC number. Why not show the back the same time as the front?

Reaction score
They do seem to like to drag that out huh? Surely by now it's set in stone because of the carded images. lol

That said, I don't really understand the need to know his number ASAP. What does it do for people? Who cares if he's 188 or 245? I get that people like to speculate over just about everything but this feels immaterial as it's not anything detrimental to the figure itself.

Is there a reason why the numbering matters other than just being curious?

Reaction score
I'm sure it's a small sub-section of collectors who are dialed into the numbers...but it's a non-zero number of people. Weird that Hasbro hasn't taken the chance to partner with a fan site or even use Pulse to do "TVC number reveal" mini-events. Again, a bunch of us would shrug...but why not drive people who do care to a partner's site or your own?

I know, I know...just another missed opportunity in a pile of them.

Reaction score
That's a nice looking cardback and figure - I hope this is repacked into a basic assortment at some point, as I don't collect vehicles. I also don't want to purchase factory errors from the far east. Maybe after a year of exclusivity, Hasbro will repack it as they do with most of the SDCC 3-pack exclusives. Surely they know the demand will be far higher than a single vehicle release - not to mention the customizers and army builders that want multiples.

Reaction score
I suppose he could always go back on his word, but Patrick did specifically state that Merrick would remain exclusive to that ship.

Reaction score
Reminds me of the x-wing computer game from the 90’s. I remember they had Blue and gold squadrons with yellow and blue markings.

Reaction score
I'm going to try to get one just for the figure - I say try as we don't know how this will be rolled out. If successful, I'll sell the X-Wing much like I have done in the past with the Jabba Palace, CFC, Tantiv, etc.

Reaction score
I suppose he could always go back on his word, but Patrick did specifically state that Merrick would remain exclusive to that ship.

I dunno if he specifically gave his word of honor, lol - but I recall something more similar to their normal business speak, such as "we have no plans at this time..." Either way, I think they could wait a year and then toss it in a basic assortment, that's usually the contractual rule with retailers - they maintain exclusivity for a given period. They'd be foolish to ignore all those potential sales for a basic release, especially when so many want one to open and one to keep carded, not to mention the folks that want a squad of these pilots. When Hasbro restricts the flow of product, it serves no one, other than scalpers on the secondary market looking to profit. I'd love them to do away with permanent exclusivity, and make everything available to those that want it.

Reaction score
At least for the first year, as that's the lifetime on Exclusivity before they can repackage it elsewhere. ;)

But make no mistake he will see single carded TVC release at some point because the line survives on repacks, and most figures have eventually went on to become singles. So I feel he'll hit by 2025, and at the very least we should see a head swap for a different Blue Squadron character.

bac

Reaction score
I'm going to try to get one just for the figure - I say try as we don't know how this will be rolled out. If successful, I'll sell the X-Wing much like I have done in the past with the Jabba Palace, CFC, Tantiv, etc.
It looks to have a great paint job. Someone building a Blue Squadron fleet would likely buy it discounted.

I'm debating the following IF they're readily available and IF I want to/can afford to drop the cash at the time:

X-wing 1: Keep MISB
X-wing 2: Open box and Antoc
X-wing 3: Open box, leave Antoc MOC, keep extra loose x-wing to customize into crashed Jedha streets X-wing in the future.

Reaction score
Nothing so far.

That head sculpt on Merrick is fantastic - hopefully the production version ends up being as good. I wonder if that's just a kitbash/custom Chopper, or if it really is a hint of an upcoming figure. If the latter, that could definitely signal the eventual addition of more Rebels figures in TVC. 🙏

HD Press Images

VC-Antoc-Merrick-RO-Carded-1.jpg

VC-Antoc-Merrick-s-X-Wing-Fighter-RO-Boxed-1.jpg
i love the blue lights on this bird. I love the card back for this figure. The packaging screams "BUY ME". I cant stop staring at the artwork on the box. I hope I am wrong but this one is going to be hard to get.

Reaction score
Great looking box art/pics on this. This isn't my cup of tea, but, hey, I think they did everyone right by what is being released concerning the "blue leader" guy and his X-wing. Seen some complaining about the x-wing...and seriously, that x-wing mold, with all the updates it's received over the years..is at the top of the game..it's gotta couple of flaws, but its so awesome otherwise, I can't see an issue.

Big thing though, I hope like hell that the inclusion of slopper the droid isn't an indication we'll see that turd in TVC. I have no desire to see any of the characters from that cartoon in the main lineup. There are far more important characters that need to be released.

Reaction score
I dunno if he specifically gave his word of honor, lol - but I recall something more similar to their normal business speak, such as "we have no plans at this time..." Either way, I think they could wait a year and then toss it in a basic assortment, that's usually the contractual rule with retailers - they maintain exclusivity for a given period. They'd be foolish to ignore all those potential sales for a basic release, especially when so many want one to open and one to keep carded, not to mention the folks that want a squad of these pilots. When Hasbro restricts the flow of product, it serves no one, other than scalpers on the secondary market looking to profit. I'd love them to do away with permanent exclusivity, and make everything available to those that want it.

I'm still waiting for that Raider that came with the Mando AT-ST and we still haven't seen him.

I'm thinking about buying two of these. One Merrieck I'll open and the other I'll wait and see if they release more Blue Squadron pilots or if I need to make one of my own.

Reaction score
I honestly can't see this being heavily scalped. It may be hard to get at first, but not many scalpers are going to buy up $100 vehicles for a small return. not when there is more profit elsewhere. Vehicles are not appealing to everyone, so that cuts out some, and the price tag cuts out others.

Reaction score
I'm still waiting for that Raider that came with the Mando AT-ST and we still haven't seen him.

I'm thinking about buying two of these. One Merrieck I'll open and the other I'll wait and see if they release more Blue Squadron pilots or if I need to make one of my own.

That would be another good repack, I'm honestly not sure why they don't repaint it or alter the helmet, etc and make a new character? I suppose since its a background alien, Hasbro might think the demand isn't high enough? I'd happily buy it though.

As for Merrick, he had a speaking role, and was a pretty important character, so hopefully they know that a single exclusive release in a vehicle isn't enough to satisfy 3.75 collectors. Likewise, if he appears in upcoming media, the demand will only increase.

Reaction score
And you probably never will because he's a nobody, meaning non named character of an obscure backgrounder. If TVC had more slots then maybe we'd see it reissued, or possibly even battle packs with which they could add the Trandoshan thug and a couple others.

IMHO we were probably extremely lucky they even included that nobody with it instead of a Cara Dune repack. lol

ZX3

Reaction score
Great looking box art/pics on this. This isn't my cup of tea, but, hey, I think they did everyone right by what is being released concerning the "blue leader" guy and his X-wing. Seen some complaining about the x-wing...and seriously, that x-wing mold, with all the updates it's received over the years..is at the top of the game..it's gotta couple of flaws, but its so awesome otherwise, I can't see an issue.

Big thing though, I hope like hell that the inclusion of slopper the droid isn't an indication we'll see that turd in TVC. I have no desire to see any of the characters from that cartoon in the main lineup. There are far more important characters that need to be released.
I know animation isn't everyone's cup of tea, but I don't understand the animosity toward it.
Maybe in 1985 when all that was left was Ewoks or in the late 2000's when Clone Wars was the primary standard bearer for the brand there was a more valid complaint about it, but there is plenty enough other Star Wars media now in the form of comics, video games, novels, live action TV and new movies to cater to different tastes and allow fans to pick and choose what they like.
No one is saying you have to like Rebels any more than one must love Forces of Destiny, The Holiday Special, or Ewoks on Ice to be a fan, but instead of trying to yuck the yum of people who enjoy it, why not advocate for what you do like?
I'd much rather see someone express what they like about the franchise, even if that part isn't my favorite, than see an angry screed against a part someone else might like.

Reaction score
My only issue with it is when it comes to what form an action figure will take as I'm not fond of the animated stylized look and thus prefer them to be realistic to fit in with the rest of my collection. Not that I mind if animated figures are made, but it does seem to hinder any possibility of a realistic version. This was the war I fought during TCW, a lot of great looking characters that never graced SA 3.75"/TVC line.

I don't really want to see Chopper taking up a slot personally, but if they did release the BAD version in TVC it would give everyone who couldn't get it the first time a second chance which is something we all deserve a shot at equally with the character we like. I simply don't have to buy the ones I don't like. And as long as those "repacks" don't take up a slot like Patrick says, we got nothing to worry about right? ;)

That said, like other's I feel that the window for Rebels related items have closed a longtime ago. Surely they want to focus on new chapters of storytelling going forwards. And I have a feeling that in their move to focus on new media some stuff we still want made from all older sources is going to take another back seat, such as R1 Solo, ST. There just isn't enough slots to focus heavily on the D+ media and still properly cover other aspects, because we know that OT will still be a major driving force of TVC.

Watching Rebels again after five years has recently re-energized my interest in wanting several characters made into action figures, aside from the Ghost crew. That's why it pains me that this like too the Animated 5POA route, because now we'll never get them.