General Antoc Merrick with X-Wing (Target Exclusive)

bac

Reaction score
The flying over Scarif box art is the ship's most iconic look. But it goes against how Hasbro has treated TVC 2.0 and ships: they are all landed. And a flying ship doesn't allow you to include figures for that "world building" sell point.

That's why I brought up the topic. It's not an easy choice.

Reaction score
They can just use Volker”s box art. It is pretty iconic to his appearance
I have updated that box art in a way that I photoshopped Hasbro's X-Wing Glamshot into the movie scene. You can really see now how good the X-Wing came out, it fits right in, no colors were changed, that is Hasbro's product in scene.

Blue Leader Rogue One.jpg

Reaction score
After the Barge I swore off buying vehicles due to display space limitations, but this thing is just too nice to pass up. Sadly, bots will cause it to sell out in seconds (it's a Target exclusive, after all), so I'm gonna have to resort to ebay.

Reaction score
I don't normally add non-OT characters to my carded display, but Merrick might break that streak. This of course creates the conundrum of not having a loose Merrick to pilot the X-wing. I foresee me paying $40+ for a second Merrick on ebay. 💸

Reaction score
I don't normally add non-OT characters to my carded display, but Merrick might break that streak. This of course creates the conundrum of not having a loose Merrick to pilot the X-wing. I foresee me paying $40+ for a second Merrick on ebay. 💸
Maybe Hasbro will offer a Pilot 3 pack if they want to make some extra cash.

Reaction score
I recently ordered the latest Luke Skywalker X-wing from Gamestop and for the most part have been pleased with it. The new paint apps on the toy are nice and give it a little more personality than previous Red-5s.

However, the parts do not quite fit as well as the previous releases of Red-3 and Trench Run Red-5 that used the same mold. I cannot tell if it is because the molds are getting old or if the quality of the plastic has been changed. The paint on the latest model has a very different tactile feel compared to the previous two ships, so it makes it a little tougher to judge the plastic.

I’ve seen pictures of the recent Target Big Millennium Falcon on this site which shows that the cockpit is badly warped on some of the models. It makes me think that there is something different in the production process for that BMF and the Luke X-wing which lowers the quality.

If you look at the picture in post #202 above you can see a slight gap in front of the cockpit glass where the nose-piece attaches to the fuselage. On the previous Red-3 and -5 which used this mold the pieces fit snugly and there is no gap. The gap in the Merrick X-wing picture above is the same as on my latest Luke X-wing.

The quality of the most recent Poe Dameron X-wing was very good and I’ve seen several comments where people expressed disappointment that Merrick’s ship won’t be in an all new mold. That would have been nice, but I at least hope that the plastic is of good quality and the parts fit well. I have been wanting this ship since R1 came out.

bac

Reaction score
I watched the end of Rogue One again tonight for the umpteenth time.

This movie needs so many more figures and is so toyetic. Merrick is a start beyond the core RO team, but man, imagine TVC quality Rebel Troopers (Scarif), Pao, Vistan, Weetef and others.

GIMME Hasbro.

Reaction score
I don't really feel it need that many more figures, in TVC that is. The only obvious ones missing are Baze and Krennic now that Chirrut and K2 are done, and arguably Saw. Although for what he does I really don't need him in my collection, I'd much prefer a version from bad batch or rebels where he actually did something that matters. The "Imperial Pilot" was a waste IMO.

If the movie weren't fighting for slots with all the other media we might have seen a deeper roster for it such as characters like Galen, Two Tubes and a few other secondary characters. Since 5POA was around when it came out that's the line that saw the bulk of characters and now seems they missed their chance, we might see 1-2 every few years. The only one I absolutely need is Krennic though, the others I can pass on.

Reaction score

This movie needs so many more figures and is so toyetic. Merrick is a start beyond the core RO team, but man, imagine TVC quality Rebel Troopers (Scarif), Pao, Vistan, Weetef and others.

GIMME Hasbro.
thats what i said a few months back in another thread. There are so MANY things Hasbro could make from the Rogue One movie!

Reaction score
I would love a Jyn Erso in Imperial Ground Crew Disguise.

s-l1600.jpg

Reaction score
RO was infinitely toyetic. They could basically do an entire RO series. There were tons of bad 5POA figures from the movie that I'd love to see given a proper SA treatment. Honestly I'd even take a ANOTHER release of the same Jyn Cassian with Photo Real.

Reaction score
Every time I see new posts on this thread, I have hope that someone is posting it's available for preorder.
Ditto. Or at least more info on release like eta, price, new boxed pics, etc

Reaction score

GIMME Hasbro.
Why oh why has everyone forgotten the legendary Admiral Raddus? A couple extra pilots wouldn't hurt either.

bac

Reaction score
Every time I see new posts on this thread, I have hope that someone is posting it's available for preorder.

I looked for a more appropriate thread and there wasn't one. At least I didn't see it.

Merrick's pre-order could go up during Target's ongoing July event. I would guess the final day in a couple weeks that coincides with virtual SDCC. Bookmark this page:

And I would also re-buy Jyn and Cassian with Photoreal.

There were tons of bad 5POA figures from the movie that I'd love to see given a proper SA treatment.

Precisely. RO was a victim of no TVC at the time and got a cruddy 5 POA line as a result. I stared at them on store shelves, on deep discount, and still couldn't pull the trigger.

Hasbro is slowly picking away at the movie in both scales. Merrick, K2 and Chirrut, and I suspect at least one more within the next 6-9 months (Baze next?). I'm still somewhat surprised they made Galen Erso in BS, and also that he sold out.

IMHO there's still a ways to go with both primary and secondary characters I'd love to have in my TVC collection.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Would be a pretty easy retooling using existing Ackbar parts, I would think.
That's what I was thinking, I forget which thread I posted it in on which legs to use. But yeah Ackbar could work for the torso and maybe even the arms if we're willing to accept the kitbash. He'd need an all new head sculpt though. I think it could work just to get this character released otherwise I fear it may never happen if people want him to be all new. In fact I've been debating that custom myself but I don't really want to ruin my only Raddus figure as he command a high prcie on secondary market if doesn't work out. lol

Krennic is the easiest of them all because several molds for Imperial Officers already exists, just need a new head and possibly reworking of one area of the figure depending on which mold they go with. TVC Tarkin needs an all new lower tunic same as AT-AT Commander. TBH I wouldn't mind several of the officers in that one scene aboard the Death Star but Hasbro hasn't release one in ages.

Reaction score
In think you need all the main sacrificial “Rogue” members. That leaves Baze and Bodhi to make the six. Plus Krennic and Saw. That’s four more total for me.

Reaction score
That's what I was thinking, I forget which thread I posted it in on which legs to use. But yeah Ackbar could work for the torso and maybe even the arms if we're willing to accept the kitbash. He'd need an all new head sculpt though. I think it could work just to get this character released otherwise I fear it may never happen if people want him to be all new. In fact I've been debating that custom myself but I don't really want to ruin my only Raddus figure as he command a high prcie on secondary market if doesn't work out. lol

Krennic is the easiest of them all because several molds for Imperial Officers already exists, just need a new head and possibly reworking of one area of the figure depending on which mold they go with. TVC Tarkin needs an all new lower tunic same as AT-AT Commander. TBH I wouldn't mind several of the officers in that one scene aboard the Death Star but Hasbro hasn't release one in ages.

We got a Raddus and Krennic in the 5 POA lines. So it should just be a matter of taking those models and updating them with TVC articulation. We're going to have to settle for some compromises, because Hasbro will want to kit bask as much as possible.

Reaction score
Near the greatest snow on Earth. (SLC, UT)
Any word on the VC #?
Nothing so far.

That head sculpt on Merrick is fantastic - hopefully the production version ends up being as good. I wonder if that's just a kitbash/custom Chopper, or if it really is a hint of an upcoming figure. If the latter, that could definitely signal the eventual addition of more Rebels figures in TVC. 🙏

HD Press Images

VC-Antoc-Merrick-RO-Carded-1.jpg

VC-Antoc-Merrick-s-X-Wing-Fighter-RO-Boxed-1.jpg

bac

Reaction score
That Chopper is probably the one from the Rebels 5 POA line. I don't at all take his box art cameo as a hint that the little guy is coming to TVC with proper articulation and deco.

Merrick is already one of my favorite figures.

R2-C4 feels like "what R2 units do we have lying around to add to this photo shoot?"

Unless he's in a background shot in Rogue One? I'm getting the itch to watch that movie yet again.