General Antoc Merrick with X-Wing (Target Exclusive)

Reaction score
I didn't see this scrubbing the thread, but any idea of it's "approximate" release/pre-order availability?

I check Target periodically, but I don't want to miss the 11 second window these go from available to sold out, haha.

Reaction score
Watch the video in post #71 in this thread.

Wow... I feel like it probably took longer for you to find the exact post number than it would've been to just post the answer. :D

Thanks for the link. Good to know that Fall 2021 is the expected Release Date and pre-orders aren't even guaranteed to occur, but we'll know in advance if they happen.

I got the announcement of a Pulse fan event for May the 4th, so I wonder if we'll get more specific info there (or even the possibility of pre-orders for it then).

Reaction score
I can’t remember. Did they say in the Fan fest video if Merrick is going to be carded or bagged like the Tie pilot was? If so, crud. That means I will have to purchase a few x-wings. One to leave boxed, one to open and leave Merrick carded and one to open to take Merrick off the card :LOL:

Reaction score
I can’t remember. Did they say in the Fan fest video if Merrick is going to be carded or bagged like the Tie pilot was? If so, crud. That means I will have to purchase a few x-wings. One to leave boxed, one to open and leave Merrick carded and one to open to take Merrick off the card :LOL:

Seek help.

Reaction score
Yea... at least 3 of them for me to.... *shrugs* we can tell ourselves that it helps keep the line healthy... buying 3 of them... heh... sighs... 😣

Reaction score
At that point you might as well get twelve and build the whole Squadron.

Reaction score
At that point you might as well get twelve and build the whole Squadron.
Actually, now that I recall right, I broke down the onscreen composition of Blue Squadron and found out it was a double strength mixed fighter ground support unit, so you'll really need 19 X-wings. Got $2000 extra laying around?

Reaction score
I got a head start and finished Merrick's astromech tonight. Still baffling an astromech isn't going to be included. The R2 unit is from Target, and the dome is R2-D2 from TLJ. The legs were repainted red, along with some panels. A few other panels were repainted black. From the pics shared, the panels on the dome look to be a dark blue so I left it. I would like to touch this up later when my allergies aren't killing me.

171753406_3781389345262695_5966690695029100301_n.jpg
185160527_286621473152481_6048679608578073689_n.jpg 185223785_274906547711099_3763441648541594777_n.jpg

Reaction score
I wonder if preorders for this go live when preorders for the 6 tbs R1 set go live. I got a target g.c and visa g c. Ready and waiting if rumors of $99.99 price tag is true.

Reaction score
Sorry, I misread your post, R1. When does the TBS set go live?

Reaction score
^ in all honesty, I would not be surprised if haslab offfered a tbs xwing. Actually, I'm a bit more more surprised thst they haven't yet.

Regarding TBS, we were referring to the TBS face redo R1 wave. Itd be nice if the TVC r1 xwing goes on sale at same time as the 6 TBS. R1 figs do in few weeks

Last edited:

bac

Reaction score
I didn't think the X-Wing would be available until early fall. June seems too early.

Reaction score
Talking preorders not in stock orders. When does Hasbro consider fall? Personally i hope sooner than later because i have a visa gc saved for it. And it expires around turkey-day. And I personally rather target.com pre authorize that a zillion times than my reg cc. They kept pre-aurhing my cc every 10 to 15 days for retro wave. It became a nuisance trying to keep records balanced.

Last edited:

bac

Reaction score
I'm wondering if they'll do pre-orders at all. Who the heck knows. What happens, happens.

Reaction score
Same, @bac. I really didn't get the vibe that they were ready to leave this one up to the Target pre-order system.

Reaction score
I heard it will just "show up" at stores.
Which is baffling to me that Target seems to make it so difficult for their customers to purchase 1 via pre-order. I don't understand how they can't come up with settings to limit purchases to 1 per account / mailing address. That would eliminate scalpers ability from buying 10-20 each.

bac

Reaction score
So essentially it's another TBS TCW wave all over again? :whistle:

Maybe initially, but I have a hard time imagining a $100 ship will ultimately be impossible to pick up at retail.

Let's hope Target looked at the Falcon sales numbers and ordered a decent amount.

Reaction score
Yeah I'm sure the price will sway a few people, but it really depends on how many were made. Plus the fact Hasbro's comments that this is our only shot at Merrick means that a lot of people will feel it is and just bite the bullet.

Though traditionally previous X-Wing releases have kind of languished and Poe's is still available, so who knows.

Reaction score
I am definitely planning on picking this one up. The inclusion of Merrick makes me wonder if he will appear in the Cassian Andor show. I feel it's a definite possibility - though it could genuinely just be due to his RO appearance.

bac

Reaction score
Box art should be interesting. They could go Yavin base which would be the same as Luke's X-Wing. Or they could go sitting in the foliage of Scarif which would be similar to Poe's.

Also what figures to feature alongside it? Probably Chirrut, K2, Jyn, Cassian, and um. Yeah.

Reaction score
^ maybe rebel fleet troopers. Could go a bit w/ Kenner nastalga (ie unrelated characters like Nien Numb and jabba's crew on Falcon ROTJ box or Dengar on ESB Falcon box) style and add scariff, death and stormtroopers in a hand to hand combat scene w/ above mentioned heros, even add older tbs 3.75 Dutch, Biggs and R5-G19 or R5-D4. Or better yet, have it reveal an upcoming new R1 tvc fig like...Bodhi Rook or Krennic

What if wm gets jealous of target getting a r1 xwing and they want one too so Hasbro comes up w/ the Partisans' and pack in the 2nd 2tubes brother, LOL...I wish that came out for the r1 line, even if it were a wm excl.

Reaction score
Box art should be interesting. They could go Yavin base which would be the same as Luke's X-Wing. Or they could go sitting in the foliage of Scarif which would be similar to Poe's.

Also what figures to feature alongside it? Probably Chirrut, K2, Jyn, Cassian, and um. Yeah.
They can just use Volker”s box art. It is pretty iconic to his appearance

Reaction score
Maybe initially, but I have a hard time imagining a $100 ship will ultimately be impossible to pick up at retail.

Let's hope Target looked at the Falcon sales numbers and ordered a decent amount.
I think I only saw the GE Falcon once at one of our Target stores. They only got in one of them. I ordered 2 from the app at the beginning of the year. I do hope they ordered more of Merrick X-wing. Really liked the character.