General Antoc Merrick with X-Wing (Target Exclusive)

Reaction score
There is a certain subset on here (cough- Jabba's Palace fans -cough) that believe "generic humans" in orange flight suits are the most boring figures ever.
Honestly I do see that logic though, while they are often different shades of the same color they essentially all look the same. Whereas all those Alien henchman look unique in their own way, which is why I really dig the few EU Pilots we got. Oh and that Mon Cal A-Wing Pilot was nice too!

I think what does it is that the Pilots flight suits are all orange or green while the henchman characters have all manner of garb adorned. That certainly doesn't make me hate them as I have 20-30 or so Pilots and still want more. Merrick may very well be he one I never get though.

Reaction score
Honestly I do see that logic though, while they are often different shades of the same color they essentially all look the same. Whereas all those Alien henchman look unique in their own way, which is why I really dig the few EU Pilots we got. Oh and that Mon Cal A-Wing Pilot was nice too!

I think what does it is that the Pilots flight suits are all orange or green while the henchman characters have all manner of garb adorned. That certainly doesn't make me hate them as I have 20-30 or so Pilots and still want more. Merrick may very well be he one I never get though.
See that's exactly why I hate the henchmen. No uniforms. It's Star WARS, not Star Criminals. I need Rebels and Imperials or potential 3rd party allies. Jabba's Palace goons and Cantina denizens are neither. Plus the goons are all ugly.

Reaction score
Well, we need that R2 unit to be released one way or another now. Not necessarily on a TVC card but would be great to have this available around blue leader X-Wing release.
If not through Hasbro, I bet within the next year these parts appear at the Disney Build a Droid stations.

Reaction score
If not through Hasbro, I bet within the next year these parts appear at the Disney Build a Droid stations.
Even though i could get those at Paris Disneyland park, it's not the easiest way to collect astromechs around here. Would make it much easier if Disney stores were to offer a click and collect option.

kk1

Reaction score
from Wookiepedia not sure why they don't have a real pic but these are some astromechs from Resistance Base (pretty sure the sequels and R1 reused some of the same droids) appears to be his astromech on the left

Reaction score
Love me some pilots, but think that might be born out of my bigger love of astromechs. I mean, I need all the pilots I can get to pair up with these guys!
I keep thinking that somewhere along the way we got a silver/black R2 dome.
A couple in EmperorPalps humble collection that would work with a little retouching (or dome swaps). ;)

(if that's him) Looks like a red R2 Silver dome in the one leading that first dive through the shield-ring shot.

^Best shot, (if that's him).

Last edited:
Reaction score
I found this for the 2012 collection. Can't find other years (don't even know how often it was updated).

I guess the Droid Depot has an option (but not in 3.75 presumable).

edit: Ah found one here (a head - you'd have to supply the body)

Bottom row - fourth from left

Last edited:
Reaction score
Love me some pilots, but think that might be born out of my bigger love of astromechs. I mean, I need all the pilots I can get to pair up with these guys!

View attachment 383656

BTW, that photo is a few years old and was only about 50% of my 'mech collection. It's even larger now!😬
If each Astro needs a pilot, I am SCREWED!

BB34FDB2-E64A-42A6-9083-A308A4170BDC.jpeg

That’s just build a droids, & doesn’t include all of Hasbro’s releases or anything from the last couple of years.
I better contact Kamino & commission them to clone an army of pilots. 🤔

Reaction score
You know, the anti pilot guys are going to be insufferable when the Rogue Squadron movie comes out.
There's "anti-pilot guys"? Like, people who are actively against getting figures of pilots? That's weird.
Believe it or not. This is Rebelscum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. You must be cautious.
I used to be an anti-clone guy, but hey, people can change, heh.
There is a certain subset on here (cough- Jabba's Palace fans -cough) that believe "generic humans" in orange flight suits are the most boring figures ever.
See that's exactly why I hate the henchmen. No uniforms. It's Star WARS, not Star Criminals. I need Rebels and Imperials or potential 3rd party allies. Jabba's Palace goons and Cantina denizens are neither. Plus the goons are all ugly.
See, and all this time I've liked pilots AND Jabba goons AND Cantina aliens. I was totally unaware that I had to choose which collecting faction I wanted to belong to.
I know a Nikto that would like a word with them...
As long as everyone agrees the Ewok collectors are the worst! :p

Last edited:
Reaction score
from Wookiepedia not sure why they don't have a real pic but these are some astromechs from Resistance Base (pretty sure the sequels and R1 reused some of the same droids) appears to be his astromech on the left

With the obvious exception of BB-8, none of those astromechs were in the ST. Not even as CG models. They're just some designs an artist created for the Poe Dameron comic. The turquoise droid in front had a 'relationship' w/ BB-8, which is....uh...??? But yeah, one of designs is clearly based on Merrick's droid.

Reaction score
I think what I'll do is buy one of the purple Target GE droids and paint the dome. I already have an extra red body or two.
I was going to use the red one from Target and find a spare R2 dome to put on it. That'll be close enough for me. I know I got some extras from the Legacy Collection days.

From the most recent Hasbro Q&A they mentioned that as far as they can tell it should be red body with black panels and silver dome with black panels. Hasbro team mentioned R2-R9 was the closest they could find, but R2-R9 has white panels on the body and red panels on the dome.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Do we have confirmed the type and color of his astromech ?

His famous behind the scenes joyfully lowering into his x-wing shot, it looks white with red dashes.

However (if that's him) Looks like a red R2 Silver dome in the one leading that first dive through the shield-ring shot.

^Best shot, (if that's him).

^ Also if that's him looks red silver dome
That's where it's tricky. The shot of the fighter flying through the shield gate certainly implies it's him due to the editing. It's supported by the single wing stripe indicating he's "Blue 1" or Blue Leader. Same as Red Leader had a single stripe, Wedge had two stripes, Biggs had three and Luke had five.

But the shots you can see here of the single stripe X-Wing clearly show the helmet is not Blue Leader. Plus the shot of him climbing into the ship as you noted shows a white Astro instead of red. (Of course behind the scenes filming footage can't be considered canon movie footage)

On the other hand these things can't be taken at face value. In the ANH Special Edition the guy in the CGI X-Wing was the same in every CGI X-Wing, VFX guru John Knoll. Even before the SE came out, Red Ten got shot down in the trench, but the pilot we briefly see blow up is a different actor with the wrong helmet, even though there was nobody else but Red Leader in the trench at the time.

In short as is common in movies the makers didn't make everything consistent. And whichever Astromech is Blue Leader's "official" rio droid will be determined by LFL through official Star Wars media whenever they feel like it.

Reaction score
Ohhhhhhhhh man.

Been waiting for this since the movie came out. I'm ready!

Hopefully since they have the "blue flight suit" made now, they can do some of the other pilots (like the U-Wing or the guys who don't make it thru the aperture).

But I like the military stuff. When I watch the movies/shows I'm always yeah "oh there's luke, yeahcoolwhatever get to the pilots and troopers please! =)"

Last edited:
Reaction score
But the shots you can see here of the single stripe X-Wing clearly show the helmet is not Blue Leader.
Good catch!

In short as is common in movies the makers didn't make everything consistent. And whichever Astromech is Blue Leader's "official" rio droid will be determined by LFL through official Star Wars media whenever they feel like it.
True!
And a forthcoming novel or comic explaining why he switched helmets for one moment while flying over Scarif LOL!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hopefully since they have the "blue flight suit" made now, they can do some of the other pilots (like the U-Wing or the guys who don't make it thru the aperture).
Made now? It's not like they couldn't have painted the existing flight suit blue at any time since Rogue One came out. They just needed to tool up new arms.

I am curious how many other Pilots they will do using this sculpt though, considering they don't seem to be covering this move much. And especially since they aren't keen on third stringers. I wouldn't mind Barion Raner (Blue Four) or Laren Joma (Blue Eleven) though she would need a different chest box.

Reaction score
Made now? It's not like they couldn't have painted the existing flight suit blue at any time since Rogue One came out. They just needed to tool up new arms.

I am curious how many other Pilots they will do using this sculpt though, considering they don't seem to be covering this move much. And especially since they aren't keen on third stringers. I wouldn't mind Barion Raner (Blue Four) or Laren Joma (Blue Eleven) though she would need a different chest box.
Well it does give them an opening for when (yes I said when) they do a U-Wing. The Q&A sessions really had guys pulling for it, and they seemed interested, though unsure of how to pull it off. There's a possibility with the new pilot sculpt they could throw in a few Gaming Greats from Squadrons.

Reaction score
I know that that idea hadn't really seen much interest from fans who were more in favor of getting Movie pilots first. But I wouldn't mind seeing some of the Pilots from that game, though mainly the Aliens. lol

Reaction score
Well it does give them an opening for when (yes I said when) they do a U-Wing. The Q&A sessions really had guys pulling for it, and they seemed interested, though unsure of how to pull it off. There's a possibility with the new pilot sculpt they could throw in a few Gaming Greats from Squadrons.
Next SW Hasbro Pulse project? I’d back that on Day 1.

Reaction score
I know that this is the worst picture ever but I was watching RO over the weekend and took this from my screen and zoomed it. Definitely Merrick’s droid has a red body and silver dome with dark blue or black highlights. So I will just use the one that comes in one of the recent color changing droid factory 4-pack.

0E69C094-56AE-4669-9F54-8ACAC21A3AF8.jpeg

Reaction score
^ yeah just for exposed dome while sitting in a lot, I was thinking the EU marvel 2 pk version of r2. Somewhere I'd seen a pic w/ a white domed r2 w/Merrick xwing as well as the red bodied one, so the marvel r2 would be a hybrid of the 2

Reaction score
I know that this is the worst picture ever but I was watching RO over the weekend and took this from my screen and zoomed it. Definitely Merrick’s droid has a red body and silver dome with dark blue or black highlights. So I will just use the one that comes in one of the recent color changing droid factory 4-pack.

View attachment 384192
This guy, 2nd from right

We pretty much already have it. Disney's toy development team designed an approximation of Merrick's droid in their recent color change set. When warm it's R2-D2, but when cool/room temp. the droid is a dead-ringer for Merrick's unnamed astromech. It's a matter of interpretation whether Merrick's droid has black or dark blue panels, but for now the dark blue panels on Disney's version are the closest we have to a match in toy form, and it uses the BAD mold.

View attachment 383724
View attachment 383725

Reaction score
Not mine - just found on teh interwebs. But it is a cool display!

Reaction score
I know! Usually after every announcement the eBay guys immediately start listing. I think that eBay frowns upon it but it happens anyway. Not this time, though!

Reaction score
^ I'm suprised ebay allowed presales for haslab stuff since the preorder timeframe far exceeds ebays time limits for preorders

Reaction score
Yeah, but isn't it "PayPal" issue and not ebay? As long as someone uses their CC it shouldn't be an issue same as if someone was to pre-order with BBTS or EE etc.