General Antoc Merrick with X-Wing (Target Exclusive)

Reaction score
Maybe they'll start coming in boxes similar to the vintage Japanese figures.

Popy.jpg

Imagine if they were blind boxed? :censored:

Reaction score
As I send a few last X-wings to fellow collectors in various parts of the SW collecting world, I was thinking about some discussions in other threads about inflation and other costs. I am shocked how expensive it has gotten to ship stuff from any carrier. they are pretty much in line price wise, FdxEx, UPS and USPS, maybe a dollar difference but then with different levels of service. Then you factor in the other costs, man thats crazy. I was thinking of those selling these on ebay, they cant be making much on them, I dont think.

Like I know to send these X-wings to everyone, I had to go out and get some sealing tape as I ran out, I had to get a few boxes and thankfully I had left over air pillows and other things to use but if you are selling, all these costs add up.

Reaction score
I agree. When you see a $100 item on Ebay listed at $170 shipped, the knee jerk reaction is that the seller is nailing you for $70. The reality of it is, the eBay fee is around 15%. Shipping is bonkers in these due to size/weight. Factor in packing materials, time and gas, that guy is probably lucky to break even or may end up losing a few $$ depending on his costs and the taxes he had to pay to buy it in the first place.

Reaction score
^ not intending to stomp on anyone's 'nads, but. then what would be the point, the incentive? Maybe it's me, but if I'm going to break even, why go through the hastle? The hastle in of itself hinders "breaking even" imho. Ok you may want to help a fellow collector, great, but what about the collector, a legit collector mind you, that entred the store moments after you. That didn't help him/her. Now buying an extra for a friend you plan to meet up w/ later that day or soon is different.

Reaction score
I for one am thankful for collectors like Hoth_My_Fav (and many others I've seen posting here) who can help out those in areas with poor distribution. I find myself often finding stuff (non-SW) for others I know who live in states outside FL. But this X-Wing has been completely missing from FL.

Delete this comment.

We can’t let Hasbro even potentially see it.

I wish they were reading the boards and getting some ideas! Just not that one. You hear me, Hasbro lurkers?? No blind boxes!! But do mini-rigs again, Hasbro. I threw that idea out to you back in the pre-CW cartoon days and you delivered. (It may have been a coincidence, but I do remember submitting a question asking about mini rigs, which was put forth in one of those fan site Q&As. Might have been Rebelscum, but I forget now.)

Reaction score
My entire state and most of the state to the west of me apparently never got any of these. If others have tons, it doesn’t mean it’s widely available; it does mean that Hasbro and retail screwed up distribution. Plenty of people never saw one and never will.

Reaction score
Is there anyone out there with more than one who is willing to part with a Carded Merrick? I know that's probably a long shot, but I can't find another one, and really don't want to tie up the money while I try to sell one without the figure.

Reaction score
My entire state and most of the state to the west of me apparently never got any of these. If others have tons, it doesn’t mean it’s widely available; it does mean that Hasbro and retail screwed up distribution. Plenty of people never saw one and never will.
That's the aspect Hasbro simply doesn't seem to get or want to acknowledge and fix. "Widely available" almost never happens in these circumstances when it comes to Store Exclusives that depend solely on physical release, as I've said previously distribution is very skewed with many stores being left out all together for some reason due to logistics maybe? While other areas get 100's to distribute.

This is why I never liked Walgreens Exclusives, they divide up a case at the DC and send 1-2 to each store in their region.

Reaction score
That's the aspect Hasbro simply doesn't seem to get or want to acknowledge and fix. "Widely available" almost never happens in these circumstances when it comes to Store Exclusives that depend solely on physical release, as I've said previously distribution is very skewed with many stores being left out all together for some reason due to logistics maybe? While other areas get 100's to distribute.

This is why I never liked Walgreens Exclusives, they divide up a case at the DC and send 1-2 to each store in their region.
That’s on Target. They get them shipped to local distro centers from their own main warehouses. Not like Hasbro mails them directly to stores.

Reaction score
Agreed, but when Patrick states it will be widely available it can seem to those who never see it as their/his fault for making such a claim.
Just like any CEO, President whatever they're calling the person in charge always is responsible for their failure as well as wins. As the Captain of ship you are responsible for what goes on. I'm just stating that to date they never seem to try and address/correct such issues, but I understand once Target has the item it is theirs to do with what they want.

A stark difference between Hasbro's and LFL's relationship where they seem to have to run every tiny aspect through them and get approval.

Reaction score
I had to go to kinda out of the way Target this morning when they opened to get in line and race a bunch of nasty suburban house wives to the toy aisles and obtain a Gabby's Dollhouse (which I did obtain) and afterwards I took a quick look at the Star Wars section and saw a fair number of these starting to pile up

Reaction score
Near the greatest snow on Earth. (SLC, UT)
Looks like a lot of stores in the Western PA area got 26 in...
Curious if anyone has verified those quantities at any of those stores? Could it possibly just be a glitch in the inventory system either through Target or Popfindr? I'm finding it hard to believe distribution would be that lopsided where so many stores in a particular area would receive such an excessively identical amount.

Reaction score
Curious if anyone has verified those quantities at any of those stores? Could it possibly just be a glitch in the inventory system either through Target or Popfindr? I'm finding it hard to believe distribution would be that lopsided where so many stores in a particular area would receive such an excessively identical amount.

It would be odd for Target. For Walmart par for the course.

Based on what is above we are to assume that those stores all got 13 cases each...

Reaction score
um yea, weird distribution. I keep seeing only a handful of TArgets in my metro area have had stock and some stores keep coming up yet others did not get anything, other than the ship to store feature. I would imagine most of these will end up in the trash compactor

Reaction score
I know that I can't find it at the store nearest me. Says right on the website not sold at that location. I keep seeing them within an hour or so of travel but have yet to actually find one in a store yet.

Reaction score

No, as I really don't care that much to be bothered to check. I will say though that Popfindr has been accurate for me on these - when they said a store had 2 and I went in and bought 2, Popfindr updated to reflect that none were available.

Sure, it could be a glitch, but other stores in the area still show zero or one available, so why would some stores show 26 and others 0 or 1?

Reaction score
Those numbers are absolutely ridiculous. How can it be that lopsided?

Reaction score
The Kent WA store is only a few blocks from my house. I think I'll go check it out later, I want to see all those X-Wings.

Reaction score
Those numbers are absolutely ridiculous. How can it be that lopsided?
For that you would have to talk to the senior distribution manager who's in charge of which store receive stock based on their annual sales data, those with higher numbers typically get more stock than those with lower sales. it's all about math. It makes no sense to send 10-20 to a store that would possibly only sell 2-4 even though they likely would because of the big fat void around them.

Reaction score
The Kent WA store is only a few blocks from my house. I think I'll go check it out later, I want to see all those X-Wings.
yea i am thinking the same here.... will check stores at random, sometimes popfindr isnt spot on

Edit:
I just ran three zip codes for some very densely populated areas in the chicago metro area and pretty much all stores list zero, except for maybe a few stores that just had 1. how on earth other parts of the country are getting these by the boat load is beyond me but it reminds me of magazine distribution back in the day where the systems just do things at random.

Last edited:
Reaction score
No it expired over a week ago. So did my $50 off coupon because I never found one of these until after it expired. lol
Not saying this isn't worth $105, just that it isn't worth it to me especially if I only want the figure.

Reaction score
I’m sorry to hear it! I’m sure you have your reasons. Best of luck if you do go.

Reaction score
A couple weeks ago I posted pics of my disassembled Blue Leader X-wing as it had just been washed & prepped for some custom work. That post is here.

Everything is painted & in the process of curing. Once finished it will be reassembled & ready to take on the Empire. Also, my experiment in correcting the bent wing cross section assembly worked. The wings close perfect & meet together nice & cozy. I will have pics to post before the weekend. Until then I wanted to share some in progress pics of the cockpit.

View media item 405906
Besides totally repainting it & a detailed weathering, I added control panel pieces to the sides where the stickers were.

View media item 405907
View media item 405908
That’s all for now.