General Antoc Merrick with X-Wing (Target Exclusive)

Reaction score
For those that don't know ILM originally made two models, of the X-Wing and Y-Wing, to base the life size set pieces on and sent them to London for reference. This was very early when it was still Blue squadron in the script, the X-Wing model was later used in the film (the Y-Wing referred to as Red Jammer as it had red details in stead of gold like the ones used in the film was not reused) but of course it had to be repainted first. The model was Blue Leader with one stripe but was repainted red and an extra stripe added to become Red 2 Wedge's X-Wing. Pics of the original model before it was repainted exist and it looks like that is what this X-Wing is based on, so it should be an easy custom to turn this into Wedge's X-Wing giving us all 3 in Luke's group using this mold since we already got Like and Biggs'.

(from the Japanese Star Wars Chronicles Blue-1 before it became Red 2) Note the same white patch on the upper left wing engine

Note also they put the "spade" shaped symbol on the opposite side
There are as many details that don't match up to the original model as do. I have no doubt that it's likely an homage, but it's far from a replica.

Reaction score
I wonder if we will get an A-Wing pilot on VC card from his mold?
Doubtful, and I hope not as the two outfits look nothing alike. If they ever decide to release another A-Wing Pilot the TVC091 would be just fine and only need to change the lower arms. I don't see it happening though because it's not main character.

Reaction score
Or for a-wing pilot, perhaps finally release the MIA DF2 version. I can't be certain but I was thinking it was to have a new head sculpt for variation at the time

Reaction score
I think it would have made more sense to include his droid with the ship and make Merrik a regular line release so we could buy multiples to customize. Probably sell less X wings then.

Reaction score
The thing is people, myself included, were asking for this when R1 came out and before Hasbro released the most recent Luke X-Wing. I ended up getting the Luke X-wing. Now that the blue one is coming I'm not so sure I want it anymore since I already have Luke's. I mean, had they released the blue one 1st I would have been all over it in a second. Now I hesitate. Target sometimes has sales and deals. I think I'll be tempted to pick it up if I can find it on sale at some point. Maybe a spend $100 get $20 off deal or something.

I'm sure some collectors only want the figure and may end up selling the vehicle by itself. I wonder what just the vehicle will go for?

I'm also sure we'll also see returns to Target with the figure missing, unfortunately.

Reaction score
For those that don't know ILM originally made two models, of the X-Wing and Y-Wing, to base the life size set pieces on and sent them to London for reference. This was very early when it was still Blue squadron in the script, the X-Wing model was later used in the film (the Y-Wing referred to as Red Jammer as it had red details in stead of gold like the ones used in the film was not reused) but of course it had to be repainted first. The model was Blue Leader with one stripe but was repainted red and an extra stripe added to become Red 2 Wedge's X-Wing. Pics of the original model before it was repainted exist and it looks like that is what this X-Wing is based on, so it should be an easy custom to turn this into Wedge's X-Wing giving us all 3 in Luke's group using this mold since we already got Like and Biggs'.
They made Wedge's X-Wing too, but it was the first version of this mold. It lacks the updated cockpit and the door for the front landing gear. The paint job also is less realistic, for instance the engine intakes are painted dark grey.

kk1

Reaction score
X-Wing Press Images

X-Wing HD Images

Spoiler:  

General Antoc Merrick Figure Press Images

General Antoc Merrick Figure HD Images

Spoiler:  

There are as many details that don't match up to the original model as do. I have no doubt that it's likely an homage, but it's far from a replica.
Didn't say it was "exact" but close enough to be an easy custom. Repaint the stripes red and add some yellow on the wings and nose.

Reaction score
I wonder what the MSRP will be? The assumption I've seen online is that it will be the same as the Luke X-Wing, but with the pack-in figure I have to imagine it will be around $120.

Reaction score
^ that's what I'm hoping, but dreading to see the real price tag given recent excls of $80 AT-ST, $150 Slave1 and a $400 Falcon- of course only the latter was Target's.

Reaction score
and at that price, target won't honor the "spend $100 get $25 off" offer, so you gotta buy something else for the $0.01, lol
There's a chance. Some people had their discounts trigger even short a few cents during the sale prior to the Easter one. This last Friday I had a Target Circle coupon for $10 off an order $60 or more pre-tax. I pre-ordered 3 Black Series figures and the total pre-tax was $59.97 and yet they stiff gave me the $10 discount.

Reaction score
In fairness, it does state "Approx. Retail Price: $99.99," so I suppose it could end up being more. I don't see how Luke's X-Wing could be justified at the same MSRP w/o a figure, as this one w/ a figure. 😖
Out of curiosity, has there been a time where Hasbro announced an msrp and it went up?

I think $100 is the absolute max this should be. Luke’s X-Wing could sell itself but judging by a lot of the feedback here and what I’ve seen on social media, the figure is the extra incentive to buy this vehicle.

Reaction score
As this X-Wing is just a repaint of a dated and reused archaic mold for over a decade now, will this expensive release incarnation of the X-Wing have the same bowed wings and difficulties keeping the wings open too?

Because a lot of us collectors were hoping for a complete brand new X-Wing mold with all the bells & whistles with this Antoc Merrick X-Wing Fighter akin to the brilliant recent new Poe Dameron X-Wing, which is ultimately superior in design by Hasbro.

A brand new sculpt could have been a perfect reason to debut this new X-Wing too instead of releasing what is a kitbashed and updated too many times old and dated mold.

Reaction score
Out of curiosity, has there been a time where Hasbro announced an msrp and it went up?
Well, it wouldn't be up to Hasbro to change the MSRP, it would be up to the retailers and that happens all the time. Sometimes they go higher and sometimes they go lower. However, generally big box stores will stick with whatever the MSRP is. Just as an example, the five new BS figs announced Friday have an MSRP of $22.99, but can be found for preorder anywhere from $19.99 to $24.99.
I think $100 is the absolute max this should be. Luke’s X-Wing could sell itself but judging by a lot of the feedback here and what I’ve seen on social media, the figure is the extra incentive to buy this vehicle.
Poe's X-Wing sans figure was $100 as well, and it couldn't sell itself. My point was simply as far as production costs go, how could the same ship - one with and one without a figure - sell for the exact same price. Hasbro's generally not known for adding bonuses as a purchasing incentive without an increase in price.

Reaction score
I honestly think Target had something to do with them including a carded figure. They are still sitting on Poe X-Wings from a few years ago. So I expect that 100 dollar price point to be correct. Remember Luke's was fan Channel and Best buy but the Tie fighter at walmart went over like a lead balloon because of the price despite including a figure.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I honestly think Target had something to do with them including a carded figure. They are still sitting on Poe X-Wings from a few years ago. So I expect that 100 dollar price point to be correct. Remember Luke's was fan Channel and Best buy but the Tie fighter at walmart went over like a lead balloon because of the price despite including a figure.
Also the TIe pilot wasn’t carded either.

Reaction score
I'm amused that the first page of this thread is devoted to how it ended up in the wrong forum, but kudos to Etain for being the first person on Friday to actually post pictures.

I don't appreciate that it's a Target exclusive, but it's not as easily scalped as a $20-30 figure at least. Hopefully they make enough. Had no issues getting the GE Falcon, and saw it several more times with coupons and offers that could be applied.

This was something that I've wanted since Rogue One and really should've been released with the movie, but I'm glad we're getting it now. Would love to pick up a couple at least, hopefully with a $25 off $100 offer they do from time to time if it sticks around and the timing works out.

Reaction score
Do we have confirmed the type and color of his astromech ?

His famous behind the scenes joyfully lowering into his x-wing shot, it looks white with red dashes.

However (if that's him) Looks like a red R2 Silver dome in the one leading that first dive through the shield-ring shot.

^Best shot, (if that's him).

^ Also if that's him looks red silver dome

^ The End! :LOL:

Last edited:
Reaction score
and at that price, target won't honor the "spend $100 get $25 off" offer, so you gotta buy something else for the $0.01, lol
Ever try to find something in the toy dept. for cheap? It doesn't happen. Best option is to toss in a Hotwheels or Matchbox. It's only $0.99 and you can easily give it to a kid.

Reaction score
Is it black or R2-D2 blue? Looks like the color change droid depot R2-D2 to mEq when the body is red. Black would standout more as unique.
Reposting my post from a different thread since it seems appropriate to the convo.

Merrick's droid is actually red and black. It only ever existed as a CG model, sadly. The color change droid figure, which is red and blue, is probably as close as we'll ever get though. Fortunately, that would be a somewhat simple customization job to make the blue panels black.

Oh, and the red color on the color change droid will only stay red if the temp is 70° - 65°F or lower. If you live in a warm area or keep your room temp above that, the figure will change into R2-D2 automatically.

Pics of the CG model:
View attachment 383052
View attachment 383053
View attachment 383054

Reaction score
Reposting my post from a different thread since it seems appropriate to the convo.
Well, we need that R2 unit to be released one way or another now. Not necessarily on a TVC card but would be great to have this available around blue leader X-Wing release.

Reaction score
I mean, I can see the complaint to a certain small degree. But also, how often do we even get single carded pilots that aren't Luke? They're great for multi-packs though.

Reaction score
Love me some pilots, but think that might be born out of my bigger love of astromechs. I mean, I need all the pilots I can get to pair up with these guys!

CIMG8252 copy.jpg

BTW, that photo is a few years old and was only about 50% of my 'mech collection. It's even larger now!😬