GenCon WebSurvey

Sol

Reaction score
I just got an email from GenCon with a survey generally asking what I thought of CIV. Chances are many of you will get that same email.

But question #20 was the one that stood out:

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>
20) If Celebration V is held in the spring of 2009, but is not held within driving distance of your city, how likely is it that you would attend?

[/QUOTE]

Not definite, certainly a big "if", but start saving now!

Dustin

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Sol said:
I just got an email from GenCon with a survey generally asking what I thought of CIV. Chances are many of you will get that same email.

But question #20 was the one that stood out:

20) If Celebration V is held in the spring of 2009, but is not held within driving distance of your city, how likely is it that you would attend?
Not definite, certainly a big "if", but start saving now!

[/QUOTE]

Hey can you forward that email to me? dustin@rebelscum.com

Reaction score
I look forward to receiving that survey.

I thought that C4 was generally better organized than C2&3. Although there is always room for improvement and more importantly there is always a need for fresh and exciting new types of programming.
-theropod

Reaction score
I got my survey email...
Another thing worth noting is this:
Your completed survey will automatically enter you for a chance to win a $100.00 gift certificate for the StarWarsShop.com. Five winners will be chosen at random.

[/QUOTE]
-theropod

Sol

Reaction score
Jedi_Justin said:
EDIT: Sol, I just got your e-mail after I posted this. Thank you very much.
You're very welcome. Wonder why Dustin hasn't received it?

And I didn't think to post the link, so thanks for that.

Sol

Reaction score
Dustin, I forwarded the email from my other account. Let me know if you get that one.

Reaction score
Yes and most people I know want to have it on the east coast so dont forget to let gencon know that for us people who do. You know like Orlando hint hint.

Reaction score
DarthRavenger said:
Yes and most people I know want to have it on the east coast so dont forget to let gencon know that for us people who do. You know like Orlando hint hint.
Maybe that's because most people you know live on the east coast?

Just kidding, but remember, everyone wants to have it close to home. I'd love to have it in Mexico City, but I know that's not gonna happen

Reaction score
how about Sydney Australia.The USD is a lil bit superior to our dollar atm,beautiful country and would be awesome to have some kind of exclusive down here for once!!!!I know it wont happen but i will keep dreaming.as long as they film the tv series here im happy

Reaction score
I just finished the survey and I wonder if they'll actually read all my comments.

I made several points and one was to leash some of their power mad gencon staff. Many were very nice but some were just plain jack@sses. Plus, the need to keep the convention center staff informed.

I liked the idea of the store but it was not used to it's fullest potential. The corals were never half full. I suggested that they divde some of that space up amongst the companies that had "hot" exclusives. Have a table with GG's exclusives for purchase only. Leave pickups in the exhibit hall. Have a place for StarWarsShop.com, HasbroToyShop, etc. This gets rid of those mamouth lines in the exhibit hall and keeps the lines from being capped. That's why a lot of people missed out on exclusives in the first place. Plus, this allows for more room in the exhibit hall.

As far as location, I'll go wherever. Orlando would be nice but it's hot as hades during June. LA somewhere in the Midwest works for me.

Reaction score
How about showing the South some love. The main reason I didn't get to go to C4, aside from my schedule, was expense. Just too much money for a plane ticket to LA, plus hotel, etc.

I could deal with Florida, maybe even Georgia.

Sol

Reaction score
I don't care where it's held, really. LA was fine for me, even though I'm on the East Coast. I've never been to LA, so I enjoyed that and wouldn't mind doing it again. The trick is booking months in advance. That'll get you the cheapest fare possible.

Reaction score
I'll be there no matter where it is - I could deal with it being in Florida as well