Geat Lakes Finds #30 "Mixed Waves!" 2011

Reaction score
Thank you very much echo1441 for answering my question!!!

T have one more quick question Is the Clone Wars line of fiures coming to an end? I just don't remeber seeing any new pics at San diego coming con.

Thanks again!!!

God bless you!!
I'm not echo1441, but I know for sure clone wars is not ending anytime soon. Just are more than likely shipments are in a jam.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yeah, CW has been really hard to find around here since the Riot Trooper/Colt wave. I only ever saw that wave once at a K-Mart and stupidly passed. The only new stuff I've seen is jetpack Rex, Snow Kisto and the other cold weather jedi...

Reaction score
Check your local TRU. I just found most of the CW wave 11 in a new cardboard display near the big SW Wall in the front of the store. I found Kit Fisto cold weather, Captain Rex jet pack, Stealth Opps clone with jetpack, Sasee Tiin with wing. Left 2 Saesee Tiin and plenty of the TRU exclusive Stealth Clones which were all missing the silver EX sticker. Unfortunately missed shirtless Savage Opress & Seripas bounty hunter. The Display also had unpunched Vintage figures. Found the short neck Weequay & Dark Saber Fi-Ek Sirch jedi.

lisaleia77

Reaction score
While I can't in good concience "celebrate" the Blu-Rays given HIS (I won't even speak his name anymore, he's dead to me untill he finally puts things right) latest defacing of the Original Trilogy, I WILL say this is one of the most awesome fan movies I've ever seen!

I loved the first Jedi Kittens video, the only problem I had with it was that it was too short. Little more kitten action in this one. Love it!

Reaction score
For those of you in the Ann Arbor Area I left 2 TRU exclusive Rebel Troop Carts at the Arborland TRU around 4pm. One is located by the big display in the front. A second one is on the pegs by the normal action figure area. I also found most of CW wave 10 at the Ypsilanti Target. Got Plo Koon cold weather, Jet & ARF with board. Missed Savage Opress & Hondo. Just need Seripas and Wave 12 to be caught up.

lisaleia77

Reaction score
Well I'm glad to report that the Sandies and Clonetroopers have been cleared at my local Wal-Mart, looks like a single wave 6 remains on the pegs and about 1 Dengar. The pegs here have been full for months, now they are about empty. Which makes me very happy because now there's room for some new stuff.

Reaction score
Strange find today. I picked a TAC UGH concept Chewie. Had the gold coin and all. Card wasn't in the greastest condition, but pretty good considering it was sitting somewhere for 4 years

Reaction score
Strange find today. I picked a TAC UGH concept Chewie. Had the gold coin and all. Card wasn't in the greastest condition, but pretty good considering it was sitting somewhere for 4 years
OK, I'll bite. Where did you find it?

The K-Mart near Greenfield and 11 Mile has several TAC figures...still. The store has placed new UPCs on the package so they'll scan with the current figures.

My toy outings have been pretty dry lately. Of course Vintage is a joke, but I haven't seen a new CW figure in a few weeks. I'm still looking for several from the newest three waves.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hello all. I added a new Padawan to the order on Sunday so I haven't had much time to hunt for figures. All I can say is that St John's in Detroit doesn't have a single thing anywhere ;)

Reaction score
Congrats Duke.
I've been hitting Targets and TRUs in Wixom, Brighton, Southfield and Novi. Nothing to be found. I've seen NO CW figs on shelf at all. Zip.

Reaction score
Congrats Duuke, good stuff.

The concept Chewie was at the Target in Chesterfield. I'm surprised I forgot to mention that.

Reaction score
Congrats Duuke,

A new padawan is better than any Star Wars find. :applause:

Not much new stuff to find lately so your not missing out on much except the frustration of finding the same old stuff. :rolleyes:

lisaleia77

Reaction score
Congrats, Duuke!

I swear, you guys are always having kids! I've been at this forum for going on 2 1/2 years, and it seems like someone in here pops one out like every other month!

No new finds around here on truck day. Lisa and Pizza, you should consider yourselves lucky on your recent TCW finds, because my TRU hasn't even gotten those!

Reaction score
Congrats, Duke. What's your total number of kids now, 2?

AgentClaret, I most assuredly consider myself lucky. I'm fairly good at being at the right store at the right time, considering I have two jobs and not a lot of time. Although, my second job keeps me running around SEMI and provides the opportunity to visit stores that would ordinarily be outside my regular stomping grounds.

My biggest concern about collecting SW action figures is that there isn't enough product to satisfy the demand. I have no doubt that Hasbro is making the figures, just where are they?

Reaction score
Congratulations Duuke!!

I'll echo reports from above about Walmarts and Targets clearing out figures. The Canton Target has been choking on a ton of old vintage for months is now down to two Dengars and a Cloud Car pilot and the Monroe Target recently restocked Vintage with Wave 5. I haven't seen any new clone wars since wave 9.

Reaction score
I poked into Southfield TRU at lunch and got very excited to see an unopened case of CW on the shelf. Upon closer inspection, it turned out to be wave 6 rev 1

1x Kit Fisto (Super-Articulated)
1x Jungle Camo ARF Trooper
1x Battle Droid Commander
2x CW26 Flame Trower Clone
1x Clone Pilot Odd Ball
1x Ahsoka Tano
1x Embo
1x Pre Vizsla (Mandalorian)
1x Obi-Wan Kenobi
1x Yoda
1x Count Dooku

UGH!!!!!

When store do stock, it's figures from two years ago.

Oh, they did have two of the X-Wing / Darth Vader TIE exclusive at $100 a pop.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Many of the Targets i've visited lately have pulled most or all of the old Vintage figs off the pegs. I'm hoping we'll finally start seeing waves 7-9 soon. I'm still looking for that ever elusive Logray and Rebel Trooper.

Reaction score
So they've made it to the state, awesome. So tired of this long drought, and with Logray a part of that wave I'll be able to finally finish off that previous wave.

Reaction score
I found some wave 8 & wave 9 figs yesterday at three different Grand Rapids area Targets. I found "Revenge of the Jedi" Luke Endor Capture, Admiral Ackbar and Darth Vader. I also found the B-Wing Pilot (Keyan Farlander), Ponda Baba and the Rebel Soldier (Echo Base Battle Gear). These were found at the 28th St., M-6 and 54th St. Targets.

They're out there, folks.

Reaction score
Saw one DS Escape Luke and one Jango Fett at the 12 & Dequindre Target with the Exclusive Boba Fett stickers on them this morning. Which means I missed the boat on new figures by thismuch yet again. :-(

Also visited the 16 and Dequindre and 15 & VanDyke Targets to find either empty pegs or a few Clones and Dengars.

It's great Target is pulling old Vintage off of the pegs, but it would be better if they'd get more than one case of the new ones at a time, then maybe some of us would stand a snowball's chance of finding something new.

Reaction score
found one lone Hoverboard Arf trooper at the Wixom Target. nothing in Brighton. First thing I've found in months.

Reaction score
found one lone Hoverboard Arf trooper at the Wixom Target. nothing in Brighton. First thing I've found in months.
Spam if you need the rest of this wave I left them at the Ann Arbor East/Ypsilanti Target. They had 2 cases and I picked up the 2 ARF troops and the Savage Opress I still needed from this wave. Only 3 vintage on the pegs. Waiting for a case of wave 9 vintage to show up.

lisaleia77

Reaction score
Well, it's been highly uneventful on my toy runs. No sign of any new Clone Wars or Vintage. Looking through my calendar, I haven't seen a new figure in over 5 weeks, and those scores weren't even in Michigan.

Reaction score
^^ Thus is why I started ordering online exclusively. Being a student, it's far easier to order a whole case in one felled swoop and have the figures MOMC at my doorstep as opposed to driving around ritualistically. Those days, for me, are over. No time in the schedule between studying and playing music. I understand the argument against it, with the large price tag and the large amount of repacks, so it comes down to your personal values as a collector, but if asked, I'd definitely recommend it!

Best of luck guys, if I happen to come across anything at any point in time (being that I'm in the stomping grounds of Thire and Pizza) I'll be sure to make note of it.

Reaction score
I ordered the last couple of cases online (around spring maybe with the ATOC wave), but these latest assortments are half repacks.
Lisa, I didn't hit AA this weekend, but we were out and about so I his the Target at Square Lake and Telegraph, 14 and Haggerty, Hartland and the Brighton again...el zippo. Believe me, if the case assortment was 3/4 new, I'd be ording. This distribution is deflating.

Reaction score
Spam & Pizza,
I hope your hunts will soon pay off. I was feeling the same way a few weeks ago before I started finding a few new CW figures.

I decided to get a case of CW wave 12 since I need half of the case & a few army builders. Got free ship through EE. Looking for the 3 new vintage figs from wave 9 and CW Seripas from wave 10 that I missed. I would like to find at least 1 or 2 more Riot Clone Troopers. I only have 1 because of the case I got from HBTS. I never saw that wave in stores.

I found CW wave 10 minus Seripas at TRU in one of the big blue cube displays the week before the 2 for 12 sale. The Ann Arbor East/Ypsilanti Target has gotten wave 11 three times in the last week and unfortunately another Vintage case of wave 5 after the pegwarming Hasbro rep purge last week:(.

lisaleia77

Reaction score
Well, it's been highly uneventful on my toy runs. No sign of any new Clone Wars or Vintage. Looking through my calendar, I haven't seen a new figure in over 5 weeks, and those scores weren't even in Michigan.
Right there with ya Pizza. Found Bespin Han WAY back in March on the west side of the state during my drive back from Chicago with my family. Found the ARC Trooper Commander and Barris a couple weeks later. Since then I've seen NO new vintage figures whatsoever (that I needed). I don't think I've bought a new figure since July. I do pick up some CW for my son, but I'm almost exclusively a Vintage collector.

^^ Thus is why I started ordering online exclusively. Being a student, it's far easier to order a whole case in one felled swoop and have the figures MOMC at my doorstep as opposed to driving around ritualistically. Those days, for me, are over. No time in the schedule between studying and playing music. I understand the argument against it, with the large price tag and the large amount of repacks, so it comes down to your personal values as a collector, but if asked, I'd definitely recommend it!

Best of luck guys, if I happen to come across anything at any point in time (being that I'm in the stomping grounds of Thire and Pizza) I'll be sure to make note of it.
Yeah I thought that I'd just stick to ordering online too and save myself the headaches but as you said, I simply cannot justify $100 for a case of figures where I'd be getting 4-5 that I actually need then be stuck with 6-7 repacks that I already have.

And all of the sites that do have single figures are selling them at a ridiculous markup. Again, I can't in good conscience pay $12-$15 bucks for a $9 figure. it's not even the money so much as it is the principle of it. I've done that before only to find said figure a week or two later at retail, I'm not going to get burned like that again.

I'm still hunting for Logray and The Rebel Fleet Trooper and now The Ponda Baba wave is SUPPOSEDLY out now! For the life of me, I just can't understand Hasbro's distribution policy for Vintage, I ASSUMED they wanted to sell Star Wars figures to the fans eager to buy them. Guess I was mistaken.

And thanks DSIILuke for offering to keep an eye out, it's much appreciated. I'm always on the lookout for everyone else as well, I just haven't found anything!

Reaction score
There's no denying that buying a case is the easiest way of getting figures, but it doesn't make sense to do so when only 3 out of 12 figures are new. Then I'm left wondering what to do 9 figures that I don't want.

Reaction score
Thire, your PM inbox is full. Will you delete some messages so I can contact you? Thanks!

Last edited:
Reaction score
There's no denying that buying a case is the easiest way of getting figures, but it doesn't make sense to do so when only 3 out of 12 figures are new. Then I'm left wondering what to do 9 figures that I don't want.
Pizza,

That is the problem with Vintage wave 9. I am hoping to find them at retail since it is so cost prohibitive to order the case- even with free shipping. The last clone wars case was easier to do since I needed 9 of the 12.

Lisaleia77

Last edited:
Reaction score
Perhaps when the newer stuff comes out, case revisions will be more suited for us where the repack volume isn't as high. I've been able to justify wave 9 because of the 3 new figures, the 4 Revenge cards, and then leftovers from wave7. Could do without Luke DSE and Jango, but that's the trade off I suppose.

I'll keep my eyes peeled.