GC working SCF-FI Den 2.0

Reaction score
So I had a lot of work to do resorting my working Sci-Fi Den. I added a few studio scales and a few nice pieces and three new to me detolf's given to me by a nice guy over on RPF as he was moving. I lost a corner shelf unit only but added my 1:1 fiberglass Stargate pieces on either end of my detolf's. I normally telework from this den and it’s awesome to surround your workspace with your hobby. The small viper on the top right on the cover and the Galactica are thumb drives. I know my collection is not for everybody as its not 100% Star Wars but most Star Wars fans I know, like other SCI-FI movies and shows as well... Actually if it was only a Star Wars theme it would be easier to stay on target and theme lol.

So first up I had a cover made for my Starbuck edition QMX Viper. Yes, that's a banana on top of the cover but I placed it there for Chris for scale for my German friend and fellow Scummer !!! I promised him I would throw in a banana for scale lol.
D2BA828B-2D63-45AD-BEE2-81B0FFD00408.jpeg
So I picked up a few nice pieces along the way.... First up McVader, I also added my first gentle giant bust/figure in there as well. The Bust is a McQuarrie Vader edition and it fits in there nicely. Honestly, my pictures cant do this helmet any favors as the blue paint job is fantastic and hard to see without proper lighting and it simply looks black however, this is a beautiful helmet made when EFX was in its full stride. The finish is most impressive. It is one of my favorite helmets and a pretty low SE as well. This is an AP and perfect.

B87CDCF9-F71C-4519-AA70-967460533326.jpeg
So I like Stargate as well....located now on either wing of a row of 7 Detolfs are NOW guarded by Horus and Anubis these are the 1.1 scale/size and made by Chronicle Collectibles. These are fiberglass and metal and the editions on these were pretty low.. as Anubis was an edition of 200 (100 US /100 international )and the Horus only a US in house edition that was only 50 worldwide. Pretty rare and HTF on heavy metal poles in set in RA’s gold space craft bases. Horus‘s eye lights up red and Anubis eyes when lit are a blueish purple. They are very heavy, the detail on the lobsterbacks and tabbards/jewelry etc are top notch. The Horus I have was the artist paint master and used for all of Chronicle advertising and it is signed underneath as such. These are not the resin poly stone 1/2 half scales you can still find on EBay. These sold out pretty fast. Horus was sold out in hours. Sadly they never made the RA helmet as planned.

67259126-6BA8-47C2-AF79-52113DEF5E22.jpegFC03FA4F-FAB8-4BA1-AD23-656918A5CFD4.jpeg
Also in one of my new Detolf's ICONs somewhat rare Batman and Robin batarangs and Robin’s throwing bird next to Selene‘s Underworld Death Dealer throwing stars with vampire glyph base

I also picked up a Code 3 AT ST and a code 3 SE Slave I both with the factory covers. The Master Replicas SE Boba bucket looks at home on top of it ! I loved the AT-ST in the Mandalorian those evil red night vision eyes! I don’t think most folks know how large and heavy Slave I is... it is a very nice heavy model.

500BD084-D062-4BC8-9146-D3E04F226DA3.jpeg6DC81672-87BA-46D1-B769-9E4FBAAFDD3F.jpeg
Finally.... I found an EFX square base for my X-Wing !!!!!! Studio scales are really space footprint challenging ! The base and cover is more than 55 pounds in weight alone ! I was not a fan of the Oval standard base and was actually in the process of getting a square base made for it with that oval base. I was glad I was able to pick this up in time before that project started. It was a total bear getting the EFX shipping package in my little Honda as the factory EFX shipping box was incredibly oversized. However, it was also incredibly overpacked in multiple boxes to avoid damages. It was a survivor because of this.
9EB729E9-323C-459C-AEDA-CD980FBB6252.jpeg
EFX tie fighter with a new custom cover. I really like this but I wished they had lighted the cannons along with the ion engines. Why did they also not paint the tie fighter pilot and put windows in the front of the cockpit ? EFX could have knocked this one out of the park if they did. However, as a studio scale I have no regrets. Everyone of these
I have seen online had the center pole with the tie fighter canted. I was able to fix mine by removing the plug at the base, regluing it and then sanding the excess acrylic material even and then reinserting flush and then NOT overtightening the screw. Vulpa ,my Goldcylon Commander looks on with evil approval
F6401E33-2BA1-4A12-AA7B-D591C9D14413.jpeg
EFX LUKE SE ESB Helmet with custom cover same style as Wedge's you can see in the row 7 Detolf pic
222CA64A-E3D4-4ADC-B7B2-D2D864E228FE.jpeg
7 Detolfs now right to left.... The Comfy Lazyboy with 20 plus AIS time is where I sit with my laptop.

87BD8F0E-40AE-4229-9332-CA2F68C8234A.jpegC50B7F1F-AC12-4213-B8CA-C5138AC0B2A9.jpeg
ICONS T2 skull with new custom case and a mega rare set of three Klingon weapons also made by ICONS.
BEFORE Master Replicas, EFX and Anovos there was only ICONS very few of these sets of three Klingon Weapons
ever made it out to the customer before ICONs folded. Why this is a low edition number the editions full numbers
were never realized. It was speculated that maybe only 40 sets made it out into the collectors hands.
9E861654-FEAB-4A03-A7C9-AAADD77608AB.jpegB1B4EF29-E282-4BED-9EA5-ACCF3B90429E.jpeg
EFX Orgus Din lightsaber (BioWare employee edition) pretty HTF at a fair price and Luke’s Master Replicas LE pistol
I have Han's pistol as well it only seemed natural to also have Luke's
image.jpg
image.jpg
Finally a SE first contact phaser with Picard’s Desk Crystal and desk data chips by Rod.com. Most of the ICONS cases
were damaged and I had to get new cases for them. The T2 acrylic case was comically oversized and very brittle in the base so that was put right with a bottom stabilizing disc for the skull as they are very front heavy. The Klingon blaster cover was so damaged it needed a total replacement as well. It took me almost a month of negotiating to get these pistols from a nice lady in Florida with the broken case GC

Last edited:
Reaction score
Very impressive collection, some of these items will be on display in my collection soon as well :D
Thanks for the banana ^^ It confirms that I need one of these Vipers myself to go with the eFX Viper helmet, thanks buddy (y)(y)
Chris

Reaction score
Very impressive collection, some of these items will be on display in my collection soon as well :D
Thanks for the banana ^^ It confirms that I need one of these Vipers myself to go with the eFX Viper helmet, thanks buddy (y)(y)
Chris
Thanks Chris so the viper is approximately 2.5 banana lengths lol

Reaction score
I love the new Boba Fett and McVader additions, along with all the other SW items! My two favorite characters right there!!

Reaction score
Epic set up!

Those ICON disruptors are insanely rare.

I keep missing out on a MR First Contact Phaser and you having the SE is even better.

I would have to move that Luke V2 up higher than it is though. It deserves top shelf status. ;)

Reaction score
Epic set up!

Those ICON disruptors are insanely rare.

I keep missing out on a MR First Contact Phaser and you having the SE is even better.

I would have to move that Luke V2 up higher than it is though. It deserves top shelf status. ;)
Thanks ! LOL As you can see I am space challenged That saber and the OBI weathered are two of my favorite saber hilts from MR but my SE's seem to be More top tier ish.

The SE First Contacts are HTF at a good price as there were only 500 in that edition. I sold my LE on Ebay a few months ago as I upgraded. Yeah the disruptors are incredibility rare I was as happy as a Jawa when I closed the deal on those UTINI !!! OR maybe a Ferengi would be more appropriate admiring his gold pressed Latinum

Last edited:
Reaction score
EFX tie fighter with a new custom cover. I really like this but I wished they had lighted the cannons along with the ion engines. Why did they also not paint the tie fighter pilot and put windows in the front of the cockpit ? EFX could have knocked this one out of the park if they did. However, as a studio scale I have no regrets. Everyone of these
It's simple, because this is a studio scale model, and EFX were trying to keep it as accurate as possible, by using a Harrier model pilot instead of a TIE Pilot. Also it is screen accurate not to have that pilot painted and not using cockpit windows.

Reaction score
It's simple, because this is a studio scale model, and EFX were trying to keep it as accurate as possible, by using a Harrier model pilot instead of a TIE Pilot. Also it is screen accurate not to have that pilot painted and not using cockpit windows.
Hmm well then well done EFX. I did not know that thanks Sergiu

Reaction score
Thanks ! LOL As you can see I am space challenged That saber and the OBI weathered are two of my favorite saber hilts from MR but my SE's seem to be More top tier ish.

The SE First Contacts are HTF at a good price as there were only 500 in that edition. I sold my LE on Ebay a few month ago as I upgraded. Yeah the disruptors are incredibility rare I was as happy as a Jawa when I closed the deal on those UTINI !!! OR maybe a Ferengi would be more appropriate admiring his gold pressed Latinum
SE's are always great. I lean more towards LE's anymore due to the prices of trying to find anything SE.

The First Contact Phasers always sell fast or when I am in between funds.

Anything Icons is hard to find without the cases being broken. I like them for the nostalgia bc I always wanted the lightsabers when I was younger but couldn't afford them then.

Great set up though! I like the diversity.

Reaction score
SE's are always great. I lean more towards LE's anymore due to the prices of trying to find anything SE.

The First Contact Phasers always sell fast or when I am in between funds.

Anything Icons is hard to find without the cases being broken. I like them for the nostalgia bc I always wanted the lightsabers when I was younger but couldn't afford them then.

Great set up though! I like the diversity.
I hear you. I bought a lot of LE’s as placeholders until I could find an SE at my price. I picked up that SE first Contact phaser at a fair price before Ebay started to add taxes into the mix. (Now finding that deal just got a little harder) I was an ICONs fan as well and did not have the funds back in the day but I am always looking for a deal and that ICONs skull was $500.... a few months ago and I was happy to get it even though the acrylic case and cover were destroyed in shipment. I always wanted an ICONs skull because it actually was based off the master back in the day of T2. There are so many Terminator skulls and busts available right now and a lot of those are counterfeit Chinese copies of the sideshow releases and just something I didn’t want. Glad I avoided the ICONs X-Wing although with the resin wing droop problem.

I like the mix as well it would be easy if I had just one theme... it will come to an end as I am bingo on room but I have been focusing on my hobby with preservation in mind adding a lot of covers. And UPGRADING here and there. GC

Last edited:
Reaction score
Beautiful collection! I too work from home and my office is my collection space. Nothing like it. I had some coworkers over recently and that understood instantly why I rare go back on site.

The BSG Viper is gorgeous! Congrats on the Xwing base/cover. It is far better than the oval base.

Reaction score
Beautiful collection! I too work from home and my office is my collection space. Nothing like it. I had some coworkers over recently and that understood instantly why I rare go back on site.

The BSG Viper is gorgeous! Congrats on the Xwing base/cover. It is far better than the oval base.
Well thank you. I have a couple of telework offices as well and I have a few sci-fi collectables in their as well (nothing like my den mind you) but folks are like oh wow, I love your office and I have to tell them oh no.. you have no idea lol. I think the cover adds to the viper and it fits on top of the lip surround of the base vs. simply over it (This allows the power wire for the viper engines and the dradis computer in the cockpit to fully function with the cover on. I am working on a cover/base for my QMX Cylon raider next but I need to get that to my acrylic guy for a fitting as a circular stand is involved as well as a power wire for the roving cylon eye. I also want to make that as small as possible... Due to challenging space requirements.

Yeah the cover is awesome but it is huge. It wont work on top of a Detolf…. The oval base was ok but the EFX square base was 100 times better. The EFX red 5 was a awesome signature edition studio scale. The base and cover tend to make it a statement. GC

Last edited:
Reaction score
How many of these square bases do exist?
Chris
less than 150 was what I was told. Its a grail to cover a grail... However, I have seen other square bases made but I don't know how they solved the aluminum mounting tube and wiring problem unless they took apart their oval bases to do so? This solves that problem as everything mounts up as factory and simply plugs in and you hit the switch. There is a EFX Red 5 on Ebay for $4500.00 that has one of those custom made mirror base stands not included. I have no idea if that has a cover either and its just simply a base. The Gent I bought my EFX Base and Cover from said right after EFX sold out of the red 5's more than 10 years ago the buyers were emailed by EFX on the availability of the square base and cover that replaced the oval stand. He told me only 120 or so were made and they sold out fairly fast. The Box is MEGA huge but protected well.... I was damn lucky to find it.

Last edited:
Reaction score
In case I ever buy that eFX X-Wing I will have to find that base as well. But that is for later, now I need to finish the most important thing: the lightsabers.
Chris

Reaction score

Here is a pic of the eyes on and the detail on the replacement cover I was just PMed about. The original ICONS base and cover were incredibly oversized (like it was actually) made for something else. ICONS just used a thin piece of black acrylic that the base of the skull just mounted into with two screws. As the head was very front heavy it would strain those screws and crack those points. So my acrylic guy went with a stabilizing disc of thicker acrylic and made a MDF base painted it black and made a cover. The original plaque was removed and reattached to its new base. You can move it around if you wish but you did that at your peril with the original design as the strain would rip those screws out with minimal movement. GC

Last edited:
Reaction score
In case I ever buy that eFX X-Wing I will have to find that base as well. But that is for later, now I need to finish the most important thing: the lightsabers.
Chris
Chris I will keep my eyes open for you if I see one I will PM you immediately

Reaction score
A great collection, GC.

I especially love the QMX Viper. (One of my biggest collection regrets is not getting one of these and the Chronicle Collectibles Buck Rogers Thunderfighter.)

Reaction score
Congrats, one of the best studio scale models, good you were able to find a spot for him.
Does he stand on the ground?
Chris

Reaction score
So I added a Harrison Ford signature plaque from a Master Replicas Millennium Falcon with the Master Replicas COA and placed it next to my Lando plaque for my EFX Falcon. I just don’t have the room for the MR Falcon so this is the best it will get Falcon wise lol. I will continue to look for a Chewy plaque. Also I added a few specification badges from Ariel at custom plaques just add a little more custom looks while I am there. Ariel does outstanding work.

239828DC-34F9-4A6C-A4CF-214367F1F68A.jpeg
a BSG Viper plaque for my QMx viper

56B84922-ED9A-409A-995F-CA4CD00A072F.jpeg
8A2C67AA-F427-4F23-91FE-EC85D013DEC3.jpeg
Data plaque for the AT-AT
AEC2780F-70CE-4312-8BC8-517582309533.jpeg

So I figured the AT-ST should get the same treatment

8236B307-3D0E-46C2-9F0F-DA644AE7EF7C.jpeg7B0453BE-A29F-4734-9923-BFA595BEC045.jpeg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Not for everybody.. but latest addition to the James Bond portion of my Den. Factory LE Entertainment Spectre Day of the Dead mask. Stand is a heavy black head form style made of MDF. Metallic plaque disc that insets into stand base. 500 units produced. Limited Edition number written in felt pen as many of Factory Entertainment collectables all were. This new style medallion disc is preview to the new Golden gun edition that will be in a boxed style case with an inset medallion as well. Nice quality mask with quality elastic straps and glasses style structure support that wears like glasses along the temples. Nice weight about 1.5 pounds, black flocked interior made of resin. Pretty affordable prop wise these days
F6C6962B-1BB1-4BD0-BA47-29C21174E6DC.jpeg81008032-2927-4C7B-BDF3-3011BFF711CB.jpeg5675A99E-24F1-41E3-9EE9-35779DD64D54.jpeg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Not for everybody.. but latest addition to the James Bond portion of my Den. Factory LE Entertainment Spectre Day of the Dead mask. Stand is a heavy black head form style made of MDF. Metallic plaque disc that insets into stand base. 500 units produced. Limited Edition number written in felt pen as many of Factory Entertainment collectables all were. This new style medallion disc is preview to the new Golden gun edition that will be in a boxed style case with an inset medallion as well. Nice quality mask with quality elastic straps and glasses style structure support that wears like glasses along the temples. Nice weight about 1.5 pounds, black flocked interior made of resin. Pretty affordable prop wise these days
View attachment 353773View attachment 353774View attachment 353775
This looks great! How's the size compared to the film? I read that it seems slightly larger.

Reaction score
This looks great! How's the size compared to the film? I read that it seems slightly larger.
The size might be the same size as the original but it is definitely heavier than the original prop as the original prop was made of a significantly lighter material than resin for comfort. I think the size maybe off because of the thicker material vs the form fitted lighter and thinner material.

Reaction score
While I am still working abroad I had a new Acrylic cover made for my expanded universe EFX Ahsoka Tano Signature Edition saber. I will need to find a home for it in the Detolfs somewhere lol

ATSaber.jpg

AT2SABER.jpg

Last edited: