Gamorrean Guard - VC21

GNT

Reaction score
Hasbro does mention in the recent QnA over at GH that we will be seeing an updated Gammorean Guard in the next couple years, plans could always change but good news at least for the moment...

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>
Galactic Hunter: Two figures that haven't received the newer, fresher Hasbro update are Oola and the Gammorean Guard. We've heard that both have been at some phase of development, but how likely are we to see them in the near future? (Or how close are they to getting out of the "parking lot"?)

HASBRO: Oola is not in the works to be updated, but we think she is almost a certainty as the farther-but years unfold. She has been on several lists, but has been one of the last cuts each time. The Gammorean Guard will be updated within the next two years.

[/QUOTE]

The sooner the better. What does everyone else think about this news? What can Hasbro do to make one heck of an awesome figure?

Reaction score
Re: Gammorean Guard

A belly-squeezing action that makes snot come out of his nose

Reaction score
Re: Gamorrean Guard

Besides ball jointed shoulders and elbows, the original is pretty perfect already.

But yea, ball jointed shoulders and elbows, and maybe a selection of weapons, so they aren't all holding vibro-axes.

Reaction score

I'd definitely be up for an updated Gamorrean Guard. It should have a more neutral pose instead of the lunging-forward pose of the POTF2 version.

Reaction score

I cant wait for a new Gamorrean Guard! I will have to buy a few of them for sure. As long as they're nicely detailed, I'm game, since they are one of my favorite characters.

Reaction score

Axe and Force Pike are a must, it'd be nice if it were a mid-wave replacement of the hooded version (seen in the outtake footage in the excellent YouTube documentary: Returning to Jedi

Reaction score

I want him to have a nice big head. The POTF2's head was too small.

Reaction score

The POFT2 Piggy is actually pretty good but it's time for an upgrade. Just out of curiosity does anyone know if there's any concept Gamorrean's new or old?

Reaction score

Articulated knees is the first thing that comes to mind. Then, including both axe and pike would be welcomed too.

Reaction score

I hate the next couple of year type answer - but it's a welcome announcement - there's three weapons to cover on three essentially "the same" costumes.

Reaction score

Yes, very welcomed news but we should be getting him sooner. We'll no doubt be getting a lot of junky and unnecessary EU figures in the meantime. I want the new figure to look something like the old SAGA 12" figure with both an axe and a staff and a soft goods furry skirt. I think the paint job could be improved a bit with a little more flesh tone around the nose and mouth (so long as it's not over-done) and I think the face itself needs to be wider.

-Nate

Reaction score

Long overdue. This dude should've come out before a new Malakili imo...although I agree the POTF2 and OTC versions still hold well (especially the OTC for me, love that figure carded).

Still, really glad he's on his eventual way...

Reaction score

I'll get one of these as soon as they come out. Whenever that ends up being.

Reaction score

Finally been waiting on an upgrade for these guys for ages it seems! I hope they're able to pull off better articulation with a big figure like this!

Reaction score

SA and shorter legs with a bigger belly and head and he should be perfect (a pike and the axe for sure and maybe throw in a hood for good measure)!

Reaction score

I've sworn off modern SW figures from now on, but a Gamorrean Guard would be worthy of a purchase!

GNT

Reaction score

I'm up for a new version with articulated knees, elbows and would be nice to see a moveable jaw would be a nice touch.

Reaction score

I might consider this one if it has a different weapon from the POTF2 one, which is still one of my favourite figures today

Reaction score

I'd be all over these guys, especially if there was a running change of color scheme and weapons.

DF

Reaction score

Since1978 said:
I hate the next couple of year type answer
Agreed. Right now, I can't say for sure if I'll even be collecting in two years. A few more OT waves like the '08 ROTJ wave and the first '09 ESB wave and I'll be done for sure.

Reaction score

GhostOfLunchBox said:
Since1978 said:
I hate the next couple of year type answer
Agreed. Right now, I can't say for sure if I'll even be collecting in two years. A few more OT waves like the '08 ROTJ wave and the first '09 ESB wave and I'll be done for sure.
I agree. There is only so many OT figures that can be made. Once they get finished with Jabba's group, I think they'll be scraping the bottom of the barrel.

DF

Reaction score

DarthFett13 said:
I agree. There is only so many OT figures that can be made.
Then we don't agree. I think there are dozens of OT figures that need to be updated, but for whatever reason, Hasbro is dead set on holding back on them while releasing questionable choices (sandstorm figures, frigate figures) instead. With every passing OT wave that these figures don't get addressed, my enthusiasm for the hobby wanes.

Common sense dictates that Hasbro is holding back on some of these updates so they don't burn out the OT line by 2018, but at the same time, I can't imagine collecting for 9 more years.

Reaction score

GhostOfLunchBox said:
DarthFett13 said:
I agree. There is only so many OT figures that can be made.
Then we don't agree. I think there are dozens of OT figures that need to be updated, but for whatever reason, Hasbro is dead set on holding back on them while releasing questionable choices (sandstorm figures, frigate figures) instead. With every passing OT wave that these figures don't get addressed, my enthusiasm for the hobby wanes.

Common sense dictates that Hasbro is holding back on some of these updates so they don't burn out the OT line by 2018, but at the same time, I can't imagine collecting for 9 more years.
Ummm, right. That's what I meant.

Is 2018 the end of the contract for them? I too can't imagine collecting for that much longer, but seeing how I've only been in the hobby for a couple of years, I guess it's more of a "wait-and-see" kind of thing.

Now, in my own defense, I did mean there are only a number of new OT characters that can be made, not ones that just need to be updated. Sure updated figures are great, but I'm getting tired of buy the same character over and over because Hasbro can't get it right the first time.

I'm looking at you DSII Luke.

DF

Reaction score

Really, this one should be ok I think - I mean, what could they possibly do to ruin him?
Let's see:

*tiny head?
*no ankle joints?
*angle cut elbows?
*wrong colour shade of green for the skin tone; ie - way too light?
*only one weapon?
*an SG lower garment that resembles a fluffy brown tutu???

..I'm betting they do one of these things.

Reaction score

VintijDroidGutzz said:
Really, this one should be ok I think - I mean, what could they possibly do to ruin him?
Re release the POTF2 version?

DF

Reaction score

Hip_about_Time said:
Is this guy gonn be in teh same wave as Mallikili?
From the very first post in this thread:

GNT said:
Hasbro does mention in the recent QnA over at GH that we will be seeing an updated Gammorean Guard in the next couple years, plans could always change but good news at least for the moment...

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>
Galactic Hunter: Two figures that haven't received the newer, fresher Hasbro update are Oola and the Gammorean Guard. We've heard that both have been at some phase of development, but how likely are we to see them in the near future? (Or how close are they to getting out of the "parking lot"?)

HASBRO: Oola is not in the works to be updated, but we think she is almost a certainty as the farther-but years unfold. She has been on several lists, but has been one of the last cuts each time. The Gammorean Guard will be updated within the next two years.
The sooner the better. What does everyone else think about this news? What can Hasbro do to make one heck of an awesome figure?

[/QUOTE]

It's definitely not in this year's wave. Either next year's or 2011.

Reaction score

i love gamorreans , and i never got any of the other so this is a must have for me

Reaction score

I only have one of the POTF2 version, so I'd gladly pick up a new one. Especially since any self-respecting Jabba's palace diorama has at least a few of them milling about.

Reaction score

I don't have a one of these guys so sign me up for at least two, and that Rancor while your at it..oh yeah..and a decent Jabba with Dias.

Reaction score

GNT said:
What can Hasbro do to make one heck of an awesome figure?
Besides articulation, it really just needs an updated color scheme.

But advanced articulation isn't all that necessary. The guards in ROTJ had extremely limited movement to begin with. I'd rather the fig get a better color scheme and a variety of weapons, than ball jointed hips and shoulders. I'd be satisfied with simple swivel wrists.

Reaction score

I can't wait for this figure to come out. I really like the ROTJ and POTF2 versions but I hope that the ad some extra articulation. I'll buy a few of this one.