Gamorrean Guard - Target

GNT

Reaction score
Get ready to army build, Hasbro has revealed the 6" Gamorrean Guard black series figure.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'll probably just get 2. I've been able to resist going beyond that with other army building characters.

We were talking on Fwoosh just last week on if they'd be able to get some decent looking faux fur for GG's loin cloth whenever they go to them. I think this looks pretty good. We were afraid of it looking like Grizzlor from Masters of the Universe

Reaction score
I needa bunch!

Bing a Target Exclusive will limit it's availability unfortunately. Previous Target Exclusives have been fairly easy to come by, but this figure will be much more popular I think. I wonder if it will be the standard $20, or more expensive (hence the need for Hasbro to release it as an exclusive). Didn't Hasbro once indicate he would be too costly to make as a standard figure, or was that just speculation on our parts?

Reaction score
Looks great.... now where is Bib?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Guaranteed purchase. Possibly two or three if it comes with different accessories like the TVC version did.

Reaction score
Hope this is as plentiful as previous exclusives. I want 2, will have to hope for online or call ahead as my closest Target is an hour and a half round trip.

Hope the axes look better on the final one. Very cheap looking grey plastic. The jaw is cool but really hope it doesn't remove any head articulation like Ackbar.

Can't help but prefer the paint on the face of the TVC one though

Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, I'll get this figure - possibly two of them - but I'm a little disappointed with the paint on it's head. The 3.75" figure had some of the most subtly detailed paint apps of that entire line. I was hoping the 6" figure would look just as good. Maybe it's just the picture or the lighting.

Reaction score
I’ll be getting a few :) but being a 2 pack with Lando Skiff what am I going to do with all those Landos?

Reaction score
Another exclusive. Kind of annoying.
I've had pretty good luck with getting my hands on exclusives, but it's always been a bit of a nail-biting pain in the neck.
And I've only ever found exclusives online, pretty much.

Reaction score
Why are there not more photos of this figure? I would have imagined that people in attendance of the show would have dropped everything and forgotten about the Solo movie completely once they realized that Hasbro was releasing a 6" Gamorrean Guard. Seriously, where are everyone's priorities? :grin:

Yes, I'll buy one or two or three... maybe four.

Reaction score
I have a strange desire to kitbash the finished product into a Friar Tuck figure... :p

Reaction score
I have a strange desire to kitbash the finished product into a Friar Tuck figure... :p
Ha! That'd be great. Make sure you grab a DC Universe Classics Green Arrow to make into Robin Hood.

Reminds me that at one point I wanted to make some Demolition Man customs from Masters of the Universe New Adventures figures.

Reaction score
Stoked for this guy. He looks amazing. And it seems like that mouth articulation was integrated beautifully.

Reaction score
I had a Stallone head picked out, but that New Adventures He-man figure never came down in price like most NA figures and still sells for a decent chunk of money. Maybe if I find one someday that someone has used for parts.

In the mean time, any decent Kevin Costner heads out there? Haha

Reaction score
This figure has a really nice level of detail, and could even be an army builder. I remember how crazy some people went over the TVC Gamorrean, and there seems to be potential for that here, too. I like the inclusion of the articulated jaw. But when did that become a thing? Because we're seeing that in more and more figures. Throw in three weapons? Even better!

I'm not crazy about this being an exclusive. But seeing how it's a Target exclusive? That gives me some hope that these will see the light of day.

Reaction score
So what's going to be in regular waves anymore??? Seems like every figure they showed at TF is an exclusive! Let me guess, Holdo. She'll be everywhere clogging pegs, while we are bouncing from store to store to find quality stuff like this guy and Zuckuss.

GNT

Reaction score
This figure could shape up to be the best in the line if the final production figure looks just as good.

Reaction score
This might be the first figure that the elbow swivels bother me. I never like them on figures that have defined biceps like that (like when they get used on Marvel Legends or WWE figures) Just don't look natural when they're turned. But everything else on him is so right, I can't nitpick that much.

Reaction score
I think you're confusing quality with "you want it." You may not want Holdo, but she looks like a well-made figure to me.
im not confusing anything, but it is my simple opinion. I think time will tell that it’s a lot of people’s opinion too. TLJ stuff is not selling well and she will be the icing on that cake. I’ve already said in her thread that she is well made by the pics we’ve seen. It won’t help her though. Zuckuss and Grammy guard on the other hand are wanted characters and will sell much better.

Reaction score
Holdo looks to be a quality figure just not a quality character and figure choice IMO. Or maybe a store exclusive might be a good fit. She and Luke in alternate costumes seem to be about all the major characters left to be done from TLJ. I just believe collectors would rather see characters like Gammy in regular waves and available in multiple stores.

Reaction score
Imma need someone here to PM me the links to buy this stuff whenever it goes online for 5 minutes or less... no retailer wants my money enough to make it easy for me...

He's probably right that Holdo will clog pegs worse than Zuvio...but I will buy one...maybe 3, customize a Jurassic Park and a Twin Peaks figure, anyone??? Last 2 will wait for Walmart $5 clearance...

Reaction score
It sucks that this is going to be a Target exclusive. The nearest Target for me is about 60 miles away, so I'm probably going to have to resort to buying it online.