Game Stop

Reaction score
We have a Target thread, we have a WalMart thread, so some of us think we could need a GameStop thread too

Let's use this thread to post all things related to GameStop. computer lists, newest finds and special offers, etc... for the 6" line.

Reaction score
Guess I’ll throw this out right away...

They have 15% off Star Wars figures now. Going to return and rebuy the Purge Trooper and Holiday Trooper before the sale ends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score

They have 15% off Star Wars figures now. Going to return and rebuy the Purge Trooper and Holiday Trooper before the sale ends.

Wonder if I can do that with the Purge trooper, Nihilus and the Scout Trooper?

Reaction score
I may do the return/rebuy thing with Purge Trooper, Nihilus, Scout Trooper, and IG-11. Should get a decent amount back on all that (2 of each).

Reaction score
nothing really constructive to add to the thread just yet, but i do wanna say that despite everything Gamestop has been SOLID AF as far as fulfilling orders quickly and shipping them promptly, in my experience. ive purchased all of the gaming greats through them and ship time for me has been 3 or less days and everything has been shipped in a box that keeps the packaging mint. the past few purchases have actually shipped before the expected date which is ALWAYS cool

Reaction score
nothing really constructive to add to the thread just yet, but i do wanna say that despite everything Gamestop has been SOLID AF as far as fulfilling orders quickly and shipping them promptly, in my experience. ive purchased all of the gaming greats through them and ship time for me has been 3 or less days and everything has been shipped in a box that keeps the packaging mint. the past few purchases have actually shipped before the expected date which is ALWAYS cool

Gamestop has been a meme in other areas (games) for years, but I agree they're probably the best e-tailer in star wars collecting at the moment.

Reaction score
I'd be a lot more down with Gamestop if they didn't have a blanket price hike on every figure they sell. I mean this 15% off "Sale" just makes the figures at MSRP. I only buy from them when they have closeouts, exclusives, or the occasional Buy one, get one half off.

Reaction score

The two Electrostaff Purge Troopers I ordered for in-store pickup were available today. I had paid for them in full when I pre-ordered in the store (GameStop's website never works for me). The sales associate who grabbed my figures automatically applied the sale and gave me cash back!

I was also informed they have a bag sale happening, but I don't know when it ends. If it is still active tomorrow, it is worth checking out. You pay $5 for a special bag, and any collectible which fits in it (I was told any collectible which touches it) is 20% off. My GameStop didn't have many Black Series figures left, due to this sale, but they had a bunch of the Black Series lightsabers (which retail around $200), and I was told they were eligible for the bag sale. I don't collect them, but if you do, that's an awesome discount!

Reaction score
I'd be a lot more down with Gamestop if they didn't have a blanket price hike on every figure they sell. I mean this 15% off "Sale" just makes the figures at MSRP. I only buy from them when they have closeouts, exclusives, or the occasional Buy one, get one half off.
I meant for exclusives. But yeah otherwise they’re usually higher.

I normally go to target for the red card 5% off

Reaction score
I believe GameStop will do a price adjustment for you if you bought them recently. You can call customer service or ask the store's manager if you bought it brick and mortar.

They would rather you do that then return/rebuy.
This is great, a Gamestop thread to talk about SW figure we find, love it!

That said, yes, if you bought recently some star wars, take them to a store and get the price adjustment and they should help you out. I did that with Zeb.

I have been to three Gamestops in my area and I am surprised at how they do have a nice variety of figures, I have found Gaming Greats, Rebels, regular Black Series and 40th Anniversary figures, all in the 6 inch line.

Also, be sure to check the Clearance section, I saw one store had some Luke Yavins marked down for 7 bucks, boxes were beat to death but if you are an opener, it wouldnt hurt if you were looking for this figure.

Reaction score
I'm hoping my GameStop gets in any of the three remaining Gaming Greats I preordered (Purge Trooper, Darth Nihilus, or Scout Trooper). I want to take advantage of the sale, and use my $5 off Pro coupon before it expires on Saturday.

They'r cutting it awfully close.

Reaction score
They have 15% off Star Wars figures now.
I was able to get price adjustments on the Holiday Clone Trooper, Credit IG-11, & the GG Scout Trooper. Unfortunately, couldn't get it on Nihilus or Purge Trooper. It's a bit rich that GS shipped five different exclusives in the past two weeks and then runs a sale on them the following week after they're mostly sold out.

However, if anyone is looking to get a price adjustment, keep the following in mind (verified through my store's manager and their dedicated customer service line) -
  • If you preordered the item online it can only be price adjusted within 30 days of the preordered date, not the date that it is actually charged and released. So in my case, I preordered the Purge Trooper back on 8/22, but it was charged and shipped on 10/10 so they wouldn't do an adjustment since the preorder date was 18 days or so past the 30 day limits.
  • If you preordered the item in-store it can be price adjusted within 30 days of when you pick it up and pay the balance off. Also, any sale currently in effect when you pick the item up can be applied to the price. So, if I had preordered in-store back on 8/22 and then if it had arrived in store on 10/10 and I picked it up and paid for it then, I would be able to get an adjustment this week since the day I paid the balance off was within 30 days. Additionally, if instead it had arrived this week and I payed the balance off I'd be able to take advantage of the 15% off sale.
What irritates me is the inconsistency between online and in-store policies. For online orders the 30 day limit for adjustments is from the date of the preorder, not the date it was charged. But, in-store it's from the date it's charged/paid off, and not the date it was preordered. So, other than the fact you might get the items a week or two later than ordering online, it seems preordering in-store seems like the better option overall.

Additionally, the 30 day limit on returns is also different. For online orders it's from the date listed on the packing slip/ship date, not the date you receive it. (So if it's in transit for a week you lose 7 of your 30 days.) But, for in-store orders it's 30 days from the date you actually made the purchase.

One other thing that ticked me off recently is that both of my Nihilus figures arrived damaged, one worst than the other. I wanted one to keep boxed and one to open. Since neither were acceptable to keep MIB, I contacted customer service for a replacement. I received an email with the return label for one of the damaged boxes and was told that I would receive an additional email with the replacement shipping information within three days. Three times I verified with the rep to make sure they had stock to issue my replacement even though it was sold out online, and three times I was told that they did. Four days later, no email, so I called again and was told that I hadn't received an email because the item was out of stock so they just issued me a refund instead. Nice, thanks a lot GS. 😖

Reaction score
I was able to get price adjustments on the Holiday Clone Trooper, Credit IG-11, & the GG Scout Trooper. Unfortunately, couldn't get it on Nihilus or Purge Trooper. It's a bit rich that GS shipped five different exclusives in the past two weeks and then runs a sale on them the following week after they're mostly sold out.

However, if anyone is looking to get a price adjustment, keep the following in mind (verified through my store's manager and their dedicated customer service line) -
  • If you preordered the item online it can only be price adjusted within 30 days of the preordered date, not the date that it is actually charged and released. So in my case, I preordered the Purge Trooper back on 8/22, but it was charged and shipped on 10/10 so they wouldn't do an adjustment since the preorder date was 18 days or so past the 30 day limits.
  • If you preordered the item in-store it can be price adjusted within 30 days of when you pick it up and pay the balance off. Also, any sale currently in effect when you pick the item up can be applied to the price. So, if I had preordered in-store back on 8/22 and then if it had arrived in store on 10/10 and I picked it up and paid for it then, I would be able to get an adjustment this week since the day I paid the balance off was within 30 days. Additionally, if instead it had arrived this week and I payed the balance off I'd be able to take advantage of the 15% off sale.
What irritates me is the inconsistency between online and in-store policies. For online orders the 30 day limit for adjustments is from the date of the preorder, not the date it was charged. But, in-store it's from the date it's charged/paid off, and not the date it was preordered. So, other than the fact you might get the items a week or two later than ordering online, it seems preordering in-store seems like the better option overall.

Additionally, the 30 day limit on returns is also different. For online orders it's from the date listed on the packing slip/ship date, not the date you receive it. (So if it's in transit for a week you lose 7 of your 30 days.) But, for in-store orders it's 30 days from the date you actually made the purchase.

One other thing that ticked me off recently is that both of my Nihilus figures arrived damaged, one worst than the other. I wanted one to keep boxed and one to open. Since neither were acceptable to keep MIB, I contacted customer service for a replacement. I received an email with the return label for one of the damaged boxes and was told that I would receive an additional email with the replacement shipping information within three days. Three times I verified with the rep to make sure they had stock to issue my replacement even though it was sold out online, and three times I was told that they did. Four days later, no email, so I called again and was told that I hadn't received an email because the item was out of stock so they just issued me a refund instead. Nice, thanks a lot GS. 😖
Honestly doesn’t seem worth it to save $15 for 4 figure prince adjustments. Even buying the bag would be $5 and $20 would be 20% of $100 for the 4 exclusives. So it’s still just $15 refund either way as long as you have the same amount of figures potentially.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Has anyone seen IG-11, Armorer, or Beskar Mando in-store? I have several certs expiring this week that cannot be used online. I have plenty of other options, I would just rather get the figures I want with them than eshop or whatever else.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Gamestop feels a bit like Toys R Us. In that, I mean that their prices are a few bucks higher than regular retail, but you're more likely to find rare figures there. So I'll buy most of the easy to find figures at Walmart, Target, etc. but I'll pay a few bucks more for the rare figures at GameStop.

Reaction score
Gamestop feels a bit like Toys R Us. In that, I mean that their prices are a few bucks higher than regular retail, but you're more likely to find rare figures there. So I'll buy most of the easy to find figures at Walmart, Target, etc. but I'll pay a few bucks more for the rare figures at GameStop.
I agree.

Reaction score
but you're more likely to find rare figures there.
Not at any of the dozen or so around here. You're lucky to find anything new or rare, and in most cases the packages are beat to hell. The best thing I ever happened to find in years was a brand new General Grievous that just happened to come in right as I was picking up a preorder. It also happened to be during one of their "bag" sales.

Reaction score
How does one go about getting a price adjustment on online orders? Do I just go into a Gamestop store with my receipts?

Reaction score
Not at any of the dozen or so around here. You're lucky to find anything new or rare, and in most cases the packages are beat to hell. The best thing I ever happened to find in years was a brand new General Grievous that just happened to come in right as I was picking up a preorder. It also happened to be during one of their "bag" sales.
Thats interesting... the three stores I went too, their inventory of Black Series, the conditions were MOC or even minty fresh. In fact, one store had one shelf full of them, top to bottom, nice spaced out , all rows filled with various Black Series. guess it depends by stores...

Reaction score
Thats interesting... the three stores I went too, their inventory of Black Series, the conditions were MOC or even minty fresh. In fact, one store had one shelf full of them, top to bottom, nice spaced out , all rows filled with various Black Series. guess it depends by stores...
That's awesome. I think maybe 10~12 figures have been the most I've seen at any one time and it's rarely been anything I'd be interested in. My local store only had three 40th figures from wave 2, four phase III figures (none of the "hot" ones), & a single phase IV Kanan that had part of the box ripped open. Location is definitely a factor.
How does one go about getting a price adjustment on online orders? Do I just go into a Gamestop store with my receipts?
You could try by calling their customer service line first, but I've not had particularly good luck with them on anything. I definitely wouldn't email them, because it could be days before hearing back and it's just not very efficient for back-and-forth communication. I personally ended up going to my preferred store and they adjusted what they could - I brought the packing slips and print outs of my orders. I know the management, so that helped to some extent. I've found there's quite the disconnect between the website and the B&M stores. It's almost like two separate companies tbh, see my post above.

Reaction score
I've found there's quite the disconnect between the website and the B&M stores. It's almost like two separate companies tbh, see my post above.
This has been my experience, too. I have had many difficulties with GameStop's website, and I've never had a good experience with their customer service line. However, their employees at B&M stores have been nothing less than awesome. They are always helpful.

Reaction score
So GameStop's mobile app used to tell you what stores had something in stock. Now neither the mobile app or the website show that. Does anyone know what numbers are needed on Popfindr to see what's in stock and if so, what those numbers are for Endor Luke and Endor Leia?

Reaction score
GS's in-store stock counts have never been accurate imo. And their customer service is the WORST. I've never gotten someone on the phone in less than 45min and one call in particular I put on speakerphone and walked away and it was over 2hrs before someone picked up. Horrible. That said their online store has always been timely with releases and sent well packaged items. I'm debating whether to renew my membership with them or not. I've had great experiences ordering in-store in the past but they've burned me now twice by not calling when something comes in and selling it to another customer.

bac

Reaction score
My bad, I did a quick scroll and didn't see a link.

Reaction score
Thanks for the Mando Call out! Just got two at $16.99 ea. My Mando on Blurrg Pop and 40th Anniversary Boba's showed up today as is tradition I order two of everything and sure enough one Blurrg and one Boba are toast so I'll return those. This sale was Great! I returned the Mando on Blurgg I found a While ago back to Barnes and Noble, I paid the full retail of 29.99 but they were only like $13 at Gamestop. I hope they aren't going out because my Gamestops have become suspiciously bare and these sales are really great. I agree with the TRU comment earlier, I generally pay the premium because they have the rarer figures and the folks working are helpful and released dates are taken seriously. I'm still going twice a day trying to get the Clone Wars Black series at WalMart people have no idea where the display is.

Reaction score
I would have gotten Cad Bane but don’t feel like picking up Endor Trio even at discount.

Reaction score
I just ordered Endor Luke and Leia from Gamestop.com. I'm only saving 95 cents over getting them from Pulse, but I should get them a few weeks sooner.

Reaction score
Picked up Endor Han, Luke and Leia from Gamestop's site as well. They say I can expect them Nov. 3-5. I got tired of waiting on Hasbro Pulse and cancelled my order, which still says unfulfilled.

Reaction score
I ordered 2 Mandos, the first Black Series release and a Gaming Greats shadow stromtrooper.... took advantage of the sale!!

Reaction score
They have General G. for 16$. Iffffff you can find him. That would have been pretty nice. I spent a ton at GS the past 14 days on BS figures. I beamed into their online chat- waited about 16 minutes, got a guy, told him I was inquiring about a price adjustment on the $300 spent. 5-7min later. He "hung" up. And I couldn't get back in. Nice Game Stop...i've been bragging on you for weeks....

Reaction score
Store hassled me about the adjustment and said they don’t do that but would this one time. It’s like do you want me to just return them or what?

It’s crappy how corporates focus on returns and such forces the employees into poor customer service.

I refuse to buy anything from them that’s not exclusive

Reaction score
Some store do have a policy on price adjustments which are much shorter than flat out exchange/returns, and is often built into the machine thus causes issues. It's nothing personal.

That said, there is always the return and repurchase option that takes only a couple more steps than a price adjustment. So it will depend on the operator on which method they prefer.

Reaction score
Some store do have a policy on price adjustments which are much shorter than flat out exchange/returns, and is often built into the machine thus causes issues. It's nothing personal.

That said, there is always the return and repurchase option that takes only a couple more steps than a price adjustment. So it will depend on the operator on which method they prefer.
They said they don’t allow return and rebut to get around price adjustments because people scammed them where if you buy something at like 30% off but then come back to return without receipt and they pull up your account it’ll say you bought the item but return at current price, which seems like a huge loophole on their end

Reaction score
Some store do have a policy on price adjustments which are much shorter than flat out exchange/returns, and is often built into the machine thus causes issues.
The problem with GS is there doesn't appear to be a consistent policy either between online & in-store, or from store to store. I couldn't find any official statement on price adjustments other than anecdotes from customers. I actually had to physically go in to a store, talk to the manager, and have them consult with their dedicated customer service line to get the answer I posted in this thread previously.
I beamed into their online chat- waited about 16 minutes, got a guy, told him I was inquiring about a price adjustment on the $300 spent. 5-7min later. He "hung" up. And I couldn't get back in. Nice Game Stop...i've been bragging on you for weeks....
I know this was the online chat, but I can't tell you how many times I've been hung up on, stonewalled, and told erroneous information via phone. GS has been doing an overall decent job this year with packing and shipping their exclusives, but if you have a problem, question, or concern, good luck getting help.
They said they don’t allow return and rebut to get around price adjustments because people scammed them where if you buy something at like 30% off but then come back to return without receipt and they pull up your account it’ll say you bought the item but return at current price, which seems like a huge loophole on their end
About the only thing you can do if you can't get an adjustment is to re-buy the figures online at the sales price and then return the ones purchased at full price. This will only work if the date on the packing slip from the previous order is within 30 days. Unfortunately, that's what I had to do with Nihilus and the Purge Trooper that I couldn't get adjusted.