Game Of Thrones

Reaction score
At first I wasn't impressed with this line - looked over priced and not great quality.

.. soon changing my opinion though. Got my hands on a few boxes last weekend in Forbidden Planet and on closer inspection the figures in the first wave do look quite good! They're coming down a bit in price on some online retailers too. Wave 2 looks fantastic as well.

.. another toy line to start collecting methinks!

Reaction score
Any scummers willing to help out an Irishman with the HOTK exclusive? Can fix any volunteer up front via paypal for the figure and postage to Ireland? A long shot I know, but have to ask! ebay prices are a bit hefty
Post a pic of the one you are looking for. My walgreens has them and my target has others. (With exclusive stickers). If either is what you are looking for I'll get it for you :)

Reaction score
Post a pic of the one you are looking for. My walgreens has them and my target has others. (With exclusive stickers). If either is what you are looking for I'll get it for you :)
Thanks so much for the offer but AllsystemsGo very kindly sorted me out. Roll on series 2!

Reaction score
I wasn't really interested in these figures until I saw them at Walgreens. I couldn't resist the call of Daenerys Targaryen.

Reaction score
Barnes and Noble has Series 2 in-stock online, except Brienne - she's nowhere to be found on their site. I ordered the five that were available and received an email stating they are scheduled to ship out tomorrow. Meanwhile, Amazon has pushed back their stock's arrival date from October 7th to October 20th. It seems that once again, Barnes and Noble has received the figures before other retailers.

Reaction score
Ordered them yesterday. Got them today! Damn! They look great. No nasty odor. Smells like plastic. Curious though why Brienne wasn't listed online.

Reaction score
Very cool.

Did anyone else see the new larger scale figs from NYCC?

That Hodor and Bran set looks amazing.

Reaction score
Very cool.

Did anyone else see the new larger scale figs from NYCC?

That Hodor and Bran set looks amazing.
Darth man. You have got to at least start telling us where to look if you are not going to provide us links. I would love to be able to look at them and comment with you, but I have no idea where to start. And when my normal haunts don't show anything, I become disinterested.

Did you see these on a specific site? a Facebook page? If so, which one?

Reaction score
Darth man. You have got to at least start telling us where to look if you are not going to provide us links. I would love to be able to look at them and comment with you, but I have no idea where to start. And when my normal haunts don't show anything, I become disinterested.

Did you see these on a specific site? a Facebook page? If so, which one?
It was FaceBook coverage during NYCC...I'll try to find out where specifically. It just appeared in my feed.

Reaction score
Didnt buy series 1 due to all the issues, but defi itely getting the second series.

Reaction score
I'm not planning on collecting the GOT line, but will almost certainly get Brienne of Tarth if I can find that figure @ a brick & mortar store. Great show, and she's definitely my favorite character.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I have a question for anyone. Has anyone here bought the Hound figure or Ned Stark I am debating on buying these 2 figures and possibly buying them at Wal-Mart now that they are carrying wave 1. My question is are the qc issues from wave 1 gone or am I better off skipping these figures? I already bought the exclusive Tyrion from Target and I am getting the Daenyrs online and going to eventually get another Jon Snow. Just debating on the Hound and Ned Stark.

Reaction score
I have a question for anyone. Has anyone here bought the Hound figure or Ned Stark I am debating on buying these 2 figures and possibly buying them at Wal-Mart now that they are carrying wave 1. My question is are the qc issues from wave 1 gone or am I better off skipping these figures? I already bought the exclusive Tyrion from Target and I am getting the Daenyrs online and going to eventually get another Jon Snow. Just debating on the Hound and Ned Stark.
I have them and I received them from the corrected shipment directly from Funko. They are a little more sturdy now, and the smell is gone, but they did still have frozen paint joints when I got them.

Reaction score
Looked at some earlier posts on this thread, and realized that these GOT thrones are being sold @ both Walgreens & Wal-Mart?! Wow - very interesting. I just never thought figures from this show would be sold at "mainstream" stores like this. I've never seen these at either store, but maybe with the holidays coming up they'll be shipped in larger quantities....

Last edited:
Reaction score
Looked at some earlier posts on this thread, and realized that these GOT thrones are being sold @ both Walgreens & Wal-Mart?! Wow - very interesting. I just never thought figures from this show would be sold at "mainstream" stores like this. I've never seen these at either store, but maybe with the holidays coming up they'll be shipped in larger quantities....
They are supposed to be near the magic cards near the checkouts because funko products are part of the checkout section but I found some today in the toy dept today.

Reaction score
Just received 5 of the 6 figures from series two(Rob will arrive soon) and they look great!! Jamie Lannister is by far my favorite. The detail is awesome!

Reaction score
I didn't see if anyone has mentioned this yet, but y'all have seen the Funko collector endcaps at Targets right? I noticed today that the Tyrions my local Target had on their shelf were the exclusive one with the (very faint) battle scar and helmet. Like I said, I'm not sure if it's been mentioned or not but if anyone's looking for him, check Targets!

Reaction score
I didn't see if anyone has mentioned this yet, but y'all have seen the Funko collector endcaps at Targets right? I noticed today that the Tyrions my local Target had on their shelf were the exclusive one with the (very faint) battle scar and helmet. Like I said, I'm not sure if it's been mentioned or not but if anyone's looking for him, check Targets!
I had not noticed this, so Thanks very much for the heads-up. I pretty much only buy toys @ retail, so info. like this is great to know.

Reaction score
I saw the Hound at a Walgreens marked down to $3.25 a few weeks ago but passed as I was there to buy Lego CMF minifigs and I kind of regretted leaving him behind. Then I saw him again along with Jon, Dany and Tyrion at another Walgreens for $4.50 a pop with multiples of each except for Jon. The paint apps on the faces weren't the greatest, but I picked up the better of the two Hounds that were there. I'll probably skip the line, but I really like his helmet. I might get Brienne so he can be "killed by a woman".

Reaction score
I saw the Hound at a Walgreens marked down to $3.25 a few weeks ago but passed as I was there to buy Lego CMF minifigs and I kind of regretted leaving him behind. Then I saw him again along with Jon, Dany and Tyrion at another Walgreens for $4.50 a pop with multiples of each except for Jon. The paint apps on the faces weren't the greatest, but I picked up the better of the two Hounds that were there. I'll probably skip the line, but I really like his helmet. I might get Brienne so he can be "killed by a woman".
Man, Strider that is an awesome find and a great deal. I hope I could find that. Plus, that last line was perfect. :)

Reaction score
Sweet fancy pineapple sauce! I will have to check my local Walgreenses again! I'd been going looking for Doctor Who and haven't really collected 6" scale for a while unless it had a very personal sentiment to me (I really love the Game of Thrones series but not to that extent) however $4.50 for some of the figures would definitely sway my opinion!

Forty minutes later-
Okay, so it seems that not all Walgreenses are 24 hours any more, out of the four I just ran by only one was open after midnight and theirs were still full price (which is still cheaper than anywhere else I've seen so go, Walgreenses). Oh well, guess I shall have to try again during normal people hours.

Last edited:
Reaction score
They did. I got a new set directly from Funko. Better quality and the smell is gone.
I imagine he is referring to some of the likenesses.....couple are really lacking. This wave looks tremendous.

I begin my journey to find cheap Walgreen's mark downs. I found a $4 Jon Snow last night. This always happens...new wave comes out, and I am back repurchasing a past wave. Hmmph.

Reaction score
Yeah, i know there was a wave one reissue, but the sculpts and paint were still weak, and the figures still have the transparent joints apparently. Wave two will be my wave one, much stronger line up anyway.

Reaction score
Yeah, i know there was a wave one reissue, but the sculpts and paint were still weak, and the figures still have the transparent joints apparently. Wave two will be my wave one, much stronger line up anyway.
hmm...I really liked wave one.

And just so you know, wave two also has clear joints. They just painted over them better.