Game Of Thrones

Reaction score
^What sucks about that arrangement is that the replacement toy for the toy that broke was broken.

I fail to see how a replacement figure that has two broken parts right out of the mail is indicative of any vastly improved quality.

Last edited:
Reaction score
What sucks about this arrangement is that Funko makes YOU pay the shipping to them. >_<
They are not making me pay for the second one ;)

I fail to see how a replacement figure that has two broken parts right out of the mail is indicative of any vastly improved quality.
The other five figures were great. Just this last one that is messed up. In all honesty, the other figures joints "seem" stronger, but the paint came right off once the joints were moved, so a lot of them have clear joints in the middle of their arms. :(

The smell is gone though...and that was my BIGGEST complaint. Glue can fix some broken parts...Replacements can fix others :)

Reaction score
Ugh.. please don't be another line of action figures I have to buy! :grin:

Wave 1 I wasn't interested in what so ever. All the complaints about quality control, figures falling to peices in the hand didn't bode well.. especially considering the price point and that the head sculpts for most of Wave 1 are pretty horrendous.

Wave 2 looks like a MASSIVE improvement. The Daenarys looks tonnes better. Jamie, Khal drogo look spectacular.

I'd like to try and avoid picking up any Wave 1 figures and just start collecting from Wave 2 onwards but the chances of them ever releasing a better sculpt of Jon Snow/The Hound/Ned Stark is pretty slim I think? :(

Mind you I still don't agree on the $20 price point.. In UK they're RRP @ £20 which to you guys is $34..

Last edited:
Reaction score
Found a whole bunch of Tyrion's at Walgreens today...picked one up a friend. Saw a glow in the dark White Walker at B&N today

Reaction score
Saw the GID Whitewalkers at my local B&N today. They were behind the registers. Didn't end up buying one, but I did end up buying a second Jon Snow because they appear to have improved drastically with the paint apps. Will probably return by other Jon Snow, which looks horrific but was sent to me as a replacement figure.

Reaction score
Ha!! B&N had some SDCC exclusives at their stores...so yes it is a SDCC exclusive but there were limited quantities at B&N stores...

Reaction score
Ha!! B&N had some SDCC exclusives at their stores...so yes it is a SDCC exclusive but there were limited quantities at B&N stores...
Oh that's weird. The WW had a SDCC 2014 sticker on it, but the Tyrion's sticker just said "LIMITED EDITION". I'd figured that if anything Tyrion would show up somewhere else.

Why did Funko make this SDCC exclusive also avilable at B&N, I wonder? Were both available at B&N?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hey all...

I'm not collecting the Legacy Line, but as I stopped in Walgreens for some theater smuggling candy, I found myself in the toy aisle.

And there, something stood out to me. Not just the fact that they were carrying this Funko line, but the appearance of a new exclusive figure.

Hand of the King Tyrion Lannister! Really great likeness on this version.

Is this.....news?

Reaction score
I saw a few of the exclusive glow-in-the-dark White Walkers the other day at B&N. One of them had a foot broken off rolling around in the package. Awesome.

Reaction score
To anyone who's finding the Walgreens Tyrion - what are they charging for them? Are they getting figures besides him, or is this just a case of exclusive Tyrions? Thanks!

Reaction score
To anyone who's finding the Walgreens Tyrion - what are they charging for them? Are they getting figures besides him, or is this just a case of exclusive Tyrions? Thanks!
$16.99

Other figures were there too....3 exclusive TL's on the pegs btw.

Reaction score
I checked my local Walgreen's in Olympia, WA for a Tyrion with low expectations...I was not disappointed.

I also sent a lookout in Minneapolis and it was the same.

I have a feeling this guy is going to be as elusive and difficult to find as the Black Series Boba Fett (which I still haven't found).

It bothers me somewhat that Funko introduced the Blackwater Tyrion as the standard release and the classic garb Tyrion as the exclusive, I'd think it would be the other way round.

Here's hoping that they'll re-release this Tyrion as a standard wave filler, then us suckers will have a chance at him.

Reaction score
I hope not, I'm just lamenting my rotten hunting luck.

I'm desperate for a "Hand of The King" Tyrion.

Reaction score
I saw a few of the exclusive glow-in-the-dark White Walkers the other day at B&N. One of them had a foot broken off rolling around in the package. Awesome.
I saw that exact same figure on Friday.

I thought they fixed these?

Reaction score
Found these at Walgreens this morning. keep your eyes out. I am not into the GOT stuff just wanted to give you guys a heads up.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I found the same thing this morning and something I noticed is worrying me so I thought I would mention it to you guys.

Check the hands carefully, many of them ones I have seen have cracks around the hand joints.... I have no idea why Tyrions hands are an issue. I noticed a few of the joints were painted over as well which is why sometimes they may snap because when the paint dries, it will fuse the joint a bit. Paint jobs are still an issue... the face, the hand of the key pin, the green around his neck.... hard to find one that is acceptable.

X

Found these at Walgreens this morning. keep your eyes out. I am not into the GOT stuff just wanted to give you guys a heads up.

Reaction score
Stopped in a Barnes&Noble this afternoon, and saw FOUR of the SDCC Exclusive Glow In The Dark Walker figs.

Reaction score
Stopped in a Barnes&Noble this afternoon, and saw FOUR of the SDCC Exclusive Glow In The Dark Walker figs.
I saw at least half a dozen over the weekend and picked one up with a 15% off coupon to boot. They had one regular White Walker amidst all the GitD.

My Walgreens had tons of Hand of the King Tyrions too. I'm thinking the case ratio might be different on this one - there were no Neds, only 1 Jon Snow and 1 or 2 Hounds and White Walkers. Lots of Danerys. I can't imagine those figures would be picked over already and the exclusive Tyrions ignored.

Since the Walgreens price is so nice, I picked up the Jon Snow with good paint apps too. (I'm thinking back to paying $15 for overpriced POC Joes from Walgreens here...)

Reaction score
I grabbed one Hand of the King Tyrions, the Hound, and Danery from Walgreens the other day. All I need now is Ned. I am glad I held off on buying them all at one time so I saved some money. :) Any one know when series 2 is coming out or what series 3 might include?

Reaction score
I saw these at WALMART tonight! They were in the trading cards section up by the registers. Interesting development?

Reaction score
Just found the Hand of the King Tyrion, great little figure. Walgreens is also selling these for the best price, he and the Hound rang in at $16.99.

Reaction score
not so much news as a gripe :)

was cleaning out the room where I store all my toys in preparation of a move and smelled something BAD. like, did some animal get in here and die bad. found it was my loose GoT figures from the first release. unfortunately, Funko is no longer doing anything about it, even if you live 15 minutes from their headquarters. I know they're not giant like a Hasbro or Mattel, but standing behind your product a little more would've been nice. :)

Reaction score
not so much news as a gripe :)

was cleaning out the room where I store all my toys in preparation of a move and smelled something BAD. like, did some animal get in here and die bad. found it was my loose GoT figures from the first release. unfortunately, Funko is no longer doing anything about it, even if you live 15 minutes from their headquarters. I know they're not giant like a Hasbro or Mattel, but standing behind your product a little more would've been nice. :)
I feel for you. I tried to post repeatedly about the odor that the first batch gave off. Hopefully with enough pestering you can get Funko to replace them for you. However, I think that the reality of the situation is that they are done with the first wave, and all the supply that they have for it is out in stores. They are moving on to Series 2 now and it should be shipping by the end of next month I believe. Unfortunately, this may be a case of just waiting too long and missing the boat. I have heard that people have put figures into ziplock bags, and put some baking soda in with the fig. Then they just left the figure alone for a couple of days and most of the odor was gone. It might be worth a shot for you.

Reaction score
I don't know if Walgreens just restocks all the time, but I'm getting the sense that they're having a hard time getting rid of these at my local stores. I really hope they're not why I haven't seen the Black Series or even Agent Venoms near me.

Reaction score
I feel for you. I tried to post repeatedly about the odor that the first batch gave off. Hopefully with enough pestering you can get Funko to replace them for you. However, I think that the reality of the situation is that they are done with the first wave, and all the supply that they have for it is out in stores. They are moving on to Series 2 now and it should be shipping by the end of next month I believe. Unfortunately, this may be a case of just waiting too long and missing the boat. I have heard that people have put figures into ziplock bags, and put some baking soda in with the fig. Then they just left the figure alone for a couple of days and most of the odor was gone. It might be worth a shot for you.
thanks is for the tip on the baking soda!

Reaction score
Any scummers willing to help out an Irishman with the HOTK exclusive? Can fix any volunteer up front via paypal for the figure and postage to Ireland? A long shot I know, but have to ask! ebay prices are a bit hefty

Reaction score
Had some time to kill this evening before meeting a friend for dinner, so I stopped by B&N.

Just how soon is Series Two due?

I stumbled upon this newly constructed display stand, and the worker said any day??

Reaction score
Bought that today myself at my local Target...it actually had a SDCC sticker on it...sweet!