Game Of Thrones

Reaction score
So I just got into game of thrones. I’m starting season 6 right now. What are everyone’s impressions of the legacy figures? Decent enough? They seem to have a good balance of characters which is a plus. The 3.75” seem fun as well but it looks like they are all wall themed with an emphasis on seasons 4 and 5. Cool story but that’s the only wave they made right? Just the one? That’s probably my biggest disappointment with funko over the years. Lack of being able to complete a line properly.

Reaction score
So I just got into game of thrones. I’m starting season 6 right now. What are everyone’s impressions of the legacy figures? Decent enough? They seem to have a good balance of characters which is a plus. The 3.75” seem fun as well but it looks like they are all wall themed with an emphasis on seasons 4 and 5. Cool story but that’s the only wave they made right? Just the one? That’s probably my biggest disappointment with funko over the years. Lack of being able to complete a line properly.
The six inch figures were very well done and had a great mix.

http://gijigsaw.blogspot.com/2017/08/game-of-thrones-funko-legacy.html

The 3.75 had so much potential for so many figures. But yeah - they were focused on season 5. I really liked them.

http://gijigsaw.blogspot.com/2017/07/funko-game-of-thrones.html

http://gijigsaw.blogspot.com/2017/08/3-34-inch-funko-game-of-thrones-music.html

Reaction score
Just saw pictures of the first few figures, these look amazing! Way better then the 6" line that was put out.
I would love to see McFarlane actually stick with something (lookin' at you TWD) and see this line through with many, MANY waves.

Reaction score
I picked up all four GOT figure offerings from McFarlane. Which, is huge, as I rarely buy anything toy related outside of Vintage SW.

Reaction score
The Dragons are awesome! Ordered Viserion and Drogon the moment i saw them! Got my shipping notice couple of days ago so they could be arriving today, which was a surprise as a i thought they wouldnt be arriving in UK for a while

Reaction score
I would love to see McFarlane actually stick with something (lookin' at you TWD) and see this line through with many, MANY waves.
I would buy GoT figures if I thought all the characters I like would eventually be made. I bought the Firefly figures a few years ago thinking/hoping there would be a wave two with River, Simon, Inara and Book. Nope. I cannot imagine that any line of Got Figures is going to last long enough to include Davos.

Last edited:

GNT

Reaction score
I would buy GoT figures if I thought all the characters I like would eventually be made. I bought the Firefly figures a few years ago thinking/hoping there would be a wave two with River, Simon, Inara and Book. Nope. I cannot imagine that any line of Got Figures is going to last long enough to include Davos.
Now that the show is ending I wouldn't expect much, maybe a 2nd wave if we're lucky but beyond that I wouldn't count on it. If they get the spin off shows up and running there's a chance they could mix the GOT and the new shows toys together to keep it going.

Reaction score
I know people hate on them, but are there anymore standard Funko ones coming? They basically did all the Wildlings and 1 Wight with the NK, wondering if more were to come. I ended up getting that really cool Wall playset for like $15 and a Samwell figure, but it's bare without the others. The prices seem to fluctuate, I thought I could get them cheap or find them at more discount stores, but they only ever seemed to be at Amazon.

Reaction score
Jon Snow from Amazon arrived today, now I have the whole first wave. Love the detail on these figures. They look really cool displayed in my detolf together. I wonder what's in the works for Wave 2? Maybe we'll see them at SDCC?

Reaction score
I bet wave two looks something like this:

Brieanne
Jaime
Tyrion
Grey Worm

Deluxe Rhegal
Deluxe Bran in wheelchair

Sent from my Ornithopter using The Force

Reaction score
Just an FYI, I noticed that various Walmarts in my area have these large GoT displays with lots of merchandise on them. Some Walmarts didn't have any display (usually because they did an Avengers Endgame display), other Walmarts had a small/medium display, and this one Walmart had a huge display with lots of Mcfarlane and Funko toys. So, your mileage may vary.

Reaction score
Just an FYI, I noticed that various Walmarts in my area have these large GoT displays with lots of merchandise on them. Some Walmarts didn't have any display (usually because they did an Avengers Endgame display), other Walmarts had a small/medium display, and this one Walmart had a huge display with lots of Mcfarlane and Funko toys. So, your mileage may vary.
Are there any Funko 3.75" figures available? I'm trying to pick up some more for my wall playset

Reaction score
Are there any Funko 3.75" figures available? I'm trying to pick up some more for my wall playset
I honestly didn't pay to much attention to the Funko stuff. I was actually on the hunt for the Marvel Legends Loki/Corvus Glaive set, and I happened to see a huge GoT display. I noticed some kind of vinyl figures of the dragons that I thought looked interesting. I know they had Funko toys, but I was kind of in a rush and I didn't pay attention to exactly what was there.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Just like McFarlane's "Star Trek" line, unfortunately.

My local Target had the last two of their GoT figures on clearance, so I grabbed the Night King.

Reaction score
I imagine the McFarlane new line of figures are done after one wave.....
McFarlane once was a awesome figure creator company. But now theyjust should step out of the TV/movie license sector and let the for the others, like NECA, Hasbro, Diamond Selected, Art Asylum, etc...
Like the awesome TWD line, GoT, Stranger Things seem to be dead already. I bet Star Trek, Harry Potter wont hold long enough to bring all their important characters
MF is good for sport figures, maybe some selected gamelicenses, but they screw up with collectors on everthing else. Just saw something about DC characters, not for long I bet.

Reaction score
McFarlane toys look great but were/are?!, overall, poor quality products. I collected some back in the '90's & early 200X's, and they would break/fall apart on a regular basis. Sure, they looked fantastic. I would typically super-glue any parts that fell off/broke, and then just display these as statues - not as action figures.

Speaking of GOT, McFarlane did have an incredible line of Dragons back in the 200X's. I got one of these, and truly regret not getting the rest of the line:

I haven't collected any McFarlane toys for a while, so am not sure if they've improved the poor quality control.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Well, as for quality, I recently saw Drogon at local GameStop, and its head was already fallen off inside the box.
I used to completly collect TWD, until they thought, changing the size is a good idea.

I also dont understand their way how to choose new lines.
I mean, they have GoT since when, 2015 when they released the LEGOlike sets. Only now, when the show is over already, a half year later they start releasing figures, a small amount of figures with already one character variant, and a bunch of repaints on the dragons.

As said above, MF once was great, but they loosing ground year by year. And their non-presence at the big Toy Fairs, every year doesn't help either

Last edited:
Reaction score
Funko had the GoT 6 inch license before McFarlane took it over. Neither line did very well. Not going to make more if they don't sell enough. There will always be collectors but probably not enough to generate a profit.

The Harry Potter line looked great, but once again, the movies are over.

McFarlane's Fortnite figures are absolutely fantastic. Great design, articulation, and ruggedness. That is a property they jumped on at a good time. They are pumping out figures so fast, I can't keep up...though difficult anyway with the price point.

Mcfarlane also gave their molds for MLB and NHL to Dragon Imports years ago. They also canceled this year's NFL line and have no NBA line. These will probably go to Dragon Imports as well. We'll see what happens.

Reaction score
I wish they kept the 3.75" line going but gave it the likenesses that were presented in the toy photography. Some of the figures are still pretty excellent. I have this awesome wall playset and hardly any figures. It's wild that the 3.75" stuff is going for so much more online, especially Jon Snow and Ghost. Ridiculous prices. I would have thought these were discount chain fodder and a vastly forgotten line. My curiosity is who in the hell is paying these exorbitant prices and if they are classic 3.75" fans or just GoT fans in general.

Reaction score
The 3.75 line had so much potential. Could have been the reincarnation of Kenner Star Wars. Once again, not enough collectors to generate a profit.

Reaction score
The 3.75 line had so much potential. Could have been the reincarnation of Kenner Star Wars. Once again, not enough collectors to generate a profit.
Right, which is so frustrating because if there weren't enough collectors to appreciate the line and buy it, then why in the heck are they selling for so high in the after market? It's like people never got to see them the first place in stores, so now that they are more known, in retrospect they've become even more popular. I certainly never saw any in stores until I saw them in a Tuesday Morning and it was just Samwell and the Wall set.

Reaction score
Might be timing. I sold off a bunch of extras for pennies on the dollar. Should have waited a little longer.

Reaction score
And finally watched Season 8 this weekend. Sad there were so few 3-3/4 inch figures. Or even 6 inch. Oh well. Action figure winter is coming.

Reaction score
When or IS McFarlane going to do more waves of these 6 inch GoT figures? The dragons and the figures were worth buying and I thought sold relatively well. Curious ... anyone hear anything recently?

Reaction score
When or IS McFarlane going to do more waves of these 6 inch GoT figures? The dragons and the figures were worth buying and I thought sold relatively well. Curious ... anyone hear anything recently?
This line is DEAD. Outside of some lazy repaints I saw coming, don't hold your breath on new characters.