Game Of Thrones

Reaction score
DARK HORSE ANNOUNCES
GAME OF THRONES® FIGURE LINE!

MILWAUKIE, OR, JULY 3–The worldwide success of the epic HBO series Game of Thrones has won a legion of fans. This audience is clamoring for unique themed collectables and merchandise, and Dark Horse has been working with HBO Global Licensing to provide just that. A core item in the Game of Thrones program has been revealed by Dark Horse Comics at Comic Con: an ongoing series of high-quality, affordable molded plastic figures of the most beloved characters.

Slated for a January 2014 on-sale date, these boxed, non-articulated figures are meticulously detailed. The first two prototypes, Jon Snow and Daenerys Targaryen, were revealed on Preview Night at the Dark Horse booth.

Fan reaction was remarkable!

The figures measure each approximately 7.5” in height, and are based on the likeness of the respective actors, all of whom have approved the sculptures.

“We have been quietly developing these for some time,” Dark Horse Product Development head David Scroggy remarked, “and we decided to make these non-articulated, in order to capture all of the small details that would be at risk in a traditional jointed action figure. That is why we are not using the term ‘action figure,’ although that is what many might call them.”

The Jon Snow and Daenerys figures will be followed by three additional releases, tentatively scheduled for early May: Tyrion Lannister, Khal Drogo and Ned Stark. The suggested retail price for each figure is $24.99

A new wave of five more characters will continue in late summer 2014.

The paint application is of the highest standards, reproducing the nuances of each character’s likeness and costume. They will be presented in a deluxe window box style packaging, further underscoring the aesthetic of the HBO series with their graphic design.

Don't know about you guys but I wanted articulation action figures, not statues masquerading as action figures! :\

Reaction score
Damn, what a disappointment. I've been dying for figures from this show but like you I wanted action figures, not crappy little statues.:|

Reaction score
Hmmm... I'm kinda interested...

Looking forward to seeing what Tyrion looks like in May (and hoping he comes with the double-headed axe, he wielded at the Battle of Blackwater) :)

Granted - articulation would have been nice to see in this line (nothing says 'action' like Game of Thrones!) - however, it's still not a total deal-breaker for me.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I don't have a problem with small statues. I just don't think either of those looks good.

Reaction score
I don't think they look good either.

I would be excited for these- if it was 2000.

Reaction score
Here is the custom 3.75" Ruby Ford Robert I'm working on. I threw a temporary head on him (but it works nicely!) I am working on a full visor with antlers as he appears in the artistic renderings of his battle with Rhaegar. I only photoshopped the sigil on in the last picture to get an idea what it will look like. With the split torso it's going to be hard to do the sigil. I am toying with the idea of making a surcoat out of cloth and applying the sigil with that.

Reaction score
Anyone pick up any of these yet? Was excited when they were announced but now very much on the fence...

Reaction score
The bodies look great but the heads are hit or miss. The Hound is the most disappointing. I still hold out hope these will look better than the leaked photo provided. We should see more at Toy Fair, right?

Reaction score
I think that the Legacy Figures are awesome. Not looking forward to $19.99 but with Barnes & Nobel membership and coupons, hopefully they will be a little bit easier on the wallet...unless B&N marks them up.

With nothing interesting me from NECA right now, it looks like Funko finally found a way to get some of my money. Looking forward to Firefly figures too.

Reaction score
Im very excited by these new figures by Funko. I was never interested in the ugly Pop Vinyl things the did, but I will certainly be getting these! I just hope the faces look better when we get proper photos.

Reaction score
Im very excited by these new figures by Funko. I was never interested in the ugly Pop Vinyl things the did, but I will certainly be getting these! I just hope the faces look better when we get proper photos.
I'd buy them if they weren't the wrong scale.

Reaction score
First Game of Thrones action figures I saw were the 7.5" by Dark Horse. Now a second company is making them? That's weird that 2 companies got the license. I know Star Wars has many (Hasbro, Sideshow, Gentle Giant, etc... ) but you would think GoT would just have the one.

Last edited:
Reaction score
First Game of Thrones action figures I saw were the 7.5" by Dark Horse. Now a second company is making them? That's weird that 2 companies got the license. I know Star Wars has many (Hasbro, Sideshow, Gentle Giant, etc... ) but you would think GoT would just have the one.
The Dark Horse items are "figurines" - non-articulated mini-statues:

Preview: New ‘Game Of Thrones’ Figures Coming From Dark Horse This July

The Legacy series from Funko is just like the Star Wars Black Series 6" figures. Super Articulated.

Reaction score
The Dark Horse items BLOW AWAY those Funko figures.

I may go ahead and jump aboard the mini statues.....just googled the wave hitting in April. Looks sweet.

Reaction score
The Funko figures are in stores now.

What a cool sneak surprise by Funko. Almost no info, then eBay leaks, followed days later quick by the official release. All before Toy Fair. Wish other companies *cough*HASBRO*cough* were that cool.

These are exclusive to B&N for the next 30 days, apparently.

Also, online, but selling out fast:

Premium Action funko | Barnes & Noble

And, some info on Wave 2:

http://www.funkofunatic.com/viewtopic.php?f=77&t=46853

Last edited:
Reaction score
Wow those pics of the funko figs look great! Makes me want to get the series! :awesome:

Reaction score
The Dark Horse items BLOW AWAY those Funko figures.

I may go ahead and jump aboard the mini statues.....just googled the wave hitting in April. Looks sweet.
Well damn. Just took the link provided above and these 6" look pretty slick in hand. Hmmmmm......what to do? What to do?

I love me some Game Of Thrones, that much is so.

Reaction score
Love the show, but no interest in these. BUT, the official pics look very good. Esp for a new company. Will be waiting to see in hand pics for the nest impression. What excites me I the other licences they hold. I do prefer smaller scale, but if this size is the only way to get certain characters, so be it.

Reaction score
Correction: just got back a B&N store and they have these in stock, but they aren't permitted to stock them until Saturday the 15th.

Reaction score
Love the show, but no interest in these. BUT, the official pics look very good. Esp for a new company. Will be waiting to see in hand pics for the nest impression. What excites me I the other licences they hold. I do prefer smaller scale, but if this size is the only way to get certain characters, so be it.
There are a bunch of in hand pics on the Funko forum.

Reaction score
Correction: just got back a B&N store and they have these in stock, but they aren't permitted to stock them until Saturday the 15th.
I just made a run to our B&N, and same thing. Almost had the guy convinced to pull them from the backroom. Ha!

Reaction score
:) Saturday morning trip it is!

They have sold out of all but Khaleesi on their site.
I wonder if any other collectors will be at my store...hmmmm.

Really like the looks of the packaging too. I'm sure Toy Fair will have plenty to showcase!

And such a great assortment for Wave One. Wow.

Reaction score
Now these are more like it! Was so disappointed with the mini statues but now that we're getting actual figures I'm hyped, even if the likeness is kinda iffy on some of them.

Reaction score
Well...take a look at this. I decided to return to my store this morning and try my luck again. Whereas the gentleman last night wouldn't budge, the young gal working customer service hooked me up! B)

What is it the kids say...."boom"?

Reaction score
Well...take a look at this. I decided to return to my store this morning and try my luck again. Whereas the gentleman last night wouldn't budge, the young gal working customer service hooked me up! B)

I went to two different Barnes and Noble today, and neither of them had Tyrion. I think that he is not in the initial case assortment.

Also, it looks like the comparisons to the Star Wars Black Series were VERY warranted. That is because on the back of the box, it says Powered by Gentle Giant! So Gentle Giant is not only sculpting the Star Wars 6" line, but also the Game of Thrones 6" line?? Sweet.:eek::)

Last edited:
Reaction score

What are B&N charging for these???

Reaction score
I think that the Legacy Figures are awesome. Not looking forward to $19.99 but with Barnes & Nobel membership and coupons, hopefully they will be a little bit easier on the wallet...unless B&N marks them up.

With nothing interesting me from NECA right now, it looks like Funko finally found a way to get some of my money. Looking forward to Firefly figures too.
What are B&N charging for these???
And just to confirm for you, they are on the shelf at $19.99.

With my membership, they came to 19.63 after tax.

Reaction score
Tyrion is showing up as select Barnes & Noble. A SS Freaks person found one. I need to call over to a neighboring city and see what they have.

Having too much damn fun with these today! Thus far, only have opened up Jon and the White Walker. A few pics...

Reaction score
Tyrion is showing up as select Barnes & Noble. A SS Freaks person found one. I need to call over to a neighboring city and see what they have.

Having too much damn fun with these today! Thus far, only have opened up Jon and the White Walker. A few pics...

Awesome.

Does Khaleesi come with variant dragons?

Reaction score
Sorry if I've missed the obvious: has Tyrion Lannister been on sale at B&N online yet (as it is now unavailable) or has it on preorder with the online site?

Thus far, it seems like Tyrion is the short-packed figure - and I'm desperately wanting to acquire one, however there are no B&N stores here in NZ, and none available online yet... :hmm:

Reaction score
Tyrion was up briefly for sale on B&N ....and then sold out.
Thanks for confirming that. That was the one figure I was after... :| Oh well, them's the breaks, as they say!

Hopefully Funko will recongnise the popularity of this figure and re-release him again, at general retail perhaps (Fingers crossed!) :confused:

Last edited: