Game of Thrones on HBO

Reaction score
Joanna being Tywin's cousin? I think it's only mentioned in the books. But the brother/sister parallel to the Targaryens is in the series when Cersei attempts to defend it to... Ned, I think. I forget. And it's pointed out that Targaryens wedding siblings led to Aerys, the Mad King.

Cersei sleeping with Lancel now that Jaime's captured is definitely in the show; deeper thoughts among Mormont or the rest of the Night's Watch on Craster's living arrangements is probably dealt with more in-depth in the books, but I think we'll see more of it in the show. It's been too long since I read 'em.

Reaction score
Plenty more incest to come, don't worry.

Some people have speculated that either Tyrion or the Twins might actually be the result of an affair between Joanna (Tywin's wife) and the Mad King.

Reaction score
I think they changed the confrontation between the Lannister men and Night's Watch waaaaaaaaaaay too much. I'm biased because I loved that scene in the book, but I really wanted to see Arya stabbing dudes while she yells " Winterfell".

Guess this means the run in with Gregor, the Tickler, etc. at the small village has been cut.

Reaction score
I think they changed the confrontation between the Lannister men and Night's Watch waaaaaaaaaaay too much. I'm biased because I loved that scene in the book, but I really wanted to see Arya stabbing dudes while she yells " Winterfell".

Guess this means the run in with Gregor, the Tickler, etc. at the small village has been cut.
Not just that scene. They have been changing way too much this season, not just small scenes, but really changing character development.

Reaction score
Not just that scene. They have been changing way too much this season, not just small scenes, but really changing character development.
Even character names for no other reason that to just change them it appears. Oh well its still an excellent show with some of the best drama on TV.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I don't get HBO, so I've never seen this show, but after watching trailers and behind-the-scenes stuff I think it looks like the most interesting show on TV right now. I bought the first season on DVD recently so I can see it, so I'm looking forward to that. I hope I won't be disappointed.

Reaction score
I don't get HBO, so I've never seen this show, but after watching trailers and behind-the-scenes stuff I think it looks like the most interesting show on TV right now. I bought the first season on DVD recently so I can see it, so I'm looking forward to that. I hope I won't be disappointed.
I don't think you will be disappointed at all. Please give us your report after watching the first season.

Reaction score
Man, they have so many point of views going on here it's ridiculous. But they are NAILING it for me. I'm really interested in the Greyjoy story and every time Tyrion or Arya are on screen, it's golden. They remain my two favorite characters, but I can't WAIT to see Arya kick some ***.

Reaction score
Kind of a weak one tonight I thought. I liked the sequence with Tyrion having the separate conversations with the people and the battle scene at the end but that's about it.

Reaction score
This show needs more Davos. He's great in the books. I really like how they showed Theon struggle with his choice. Makes me feel a bit more sympathetic to the character than I was in the books. Tyrion is simply amazing.

Reaction score
This show needs more Davos. He's great in the books. I really like how they showed Theon struggle with his choice. Makes me feel a bit more sympathetic to the character than I was in the books. Tyrion is simply amazing.
Tyrion chapters in the books were some of my favorite parts. The actor has really nailed the character I think.

Reaction score
Yeah, really good episode tonight, with a real WTF ending. I love how much plot they can pack into each episode and yet it never feels like too much. Each story line is given its time to shine and then moves onto to the next, leaving you wanting more from all of them.

Reaction score
This show is the best thing to hit TV since Chappelle's show! I'm thinking Joffrey might go down as one of the greatest villains of all time. And is it me, or does Tyrion somehow get better by the week? That shadow demon Melisandre birthed is gonna make heads roll next week!

Reaction score
Yeah I didnt understand that. I guess we'll find out. Tyrion is great. I love his friendship with Bron (Sp) as well. I don't like Joffery, but I guess that's the point of the character. I don't think he's a great villain though, simply because he's not intimidating. He's kind of a joke...just a spoiled kid who inherited a throne and makes everyone do his work for him.

Reaction score
He's a great villain in the sense that you want to choke the life out of him every second he's on screen, but yeah, he's just a twisted, inbred, spoiled kid in the end. He's not threatening himself, it's the lengths his cronies are willing to go to to carry out his orders that's scary.

Like most, Tyrion is my favorite character of the show too. He's gold in every scene. Just fun to watch.

Reaction score
This show is the best thing to hit TV since Chappelle's show! I'm thinking Joffrey might go down as one of the greatest villains of all time. And is it me, or does Tyrion somehow get better by the week? That shadow demon Melisandre birthed is gonna make heads roll next week!
I did not see what the big deal was with Chappelle's Show but I'll agree with everything else you said. Joffrey is such a c rhymes with runt word. I want him to die a miserable death in the worst way.

Great episode. Some of my friends who know the books like the back of their hands are complaining that they are kinda passing over the battles and not really showing them on screen much but I think that its the dialog that really sets this show apart from other other things like Lord of The Rings. We have seen epic battles before...what this show offers is something new and I would not want them to change a thing.

Reaction score
Darth Englehast is nominated for playa hater of the year. Now if you'll excuse me I gotta go put water in Buck Nasty's mommas dish

Reaction score
^
Hey I liked Chappelle's Show as much as the next guy but it sure as hell was not the second coming of Jesus or anything. Much of it has not even aged that well.

Reaction score
I respectfully disagree. We still watch it and most of it, especially season 2, is still hilarious to us.

I'm imagining Chappelle doing a Game of Thrones parody right now. I'm already laughing. That show makes me miss college so much. Could you imagine what would happen if Tyrion met Tyrone Biggums? Or if Tywin crashed the World Series of Dice? Or if Roz tried to stiff evil Wayne Brady? Or the Lannister remix of p*ss on you? or Daenerys in the Mad Real World? I need to stop...

Nice to see the patriarch of the real baddest family in Westeros (Roose Bolton) debut, btw.

Last edited:
Reaction score
^
Hey I liked Chappelle's Show as much as the next guy but it sure as hell was not the second coming of Jesus or anything. Much of it has not even aged that well.

No one said it was. I don't think the second coming of Jesus will be as funny as Chappelle's Show though.:awesome:

Reaction score
Peter Dinklage is a powerhouse. Good lord, he was great in that episode. I so wanted Cat to cut Little Finger's throat.

Reaction score
nooo! I love LittleFinger. He's probably my favorite character aside from Tyrion. I hope he stays around.

Reaction score
LF lying about the Lanny's having both daughters means he's basically giving up any micro-chance he had with Cat.

Oh, and it was sad to see Conan Stevens had been replaced by Ian Whyte as The Mountain. Guess Conan was busy shooting The Hobbit last fall. He's probably in a goblin part where he's buried under a ton of make-up & no one will even recognize him. This actor blew the role of his lifetime by giving up the Ser Gregor Clegane character. Moronic...

EDIT: I stand corrected. It looks like at least from Conan's POV it was HBO's decision to "go another direction" with replacing him. For F-sake's I wonder why...?

http://www.conanstevens.com/acting-movies-tv-film/tall-actor-blog/game-of-thrones-season-02.html

Last edited:
Reaction score
The end of last night's episode was crazy! Totally did not expect that. :wtf:

Maybe I should read the books...

Reaction score
The only thing I didn't like about the latest episode was there was no followup to Joffrey's actions with his 'nameday present'. It's been too long since I read A Clash of Kings, so I don't recall if we see Tyrion's reaction to it, but I really WANTED to see his reaction. Instead, we just get a scene with him and Sir Lancel near the end.

I'd forgotten just how awful Harrenhal was. Man. The offscreen rack-death of that woman's son was horrifying. "<scream>" <crank> "<SCREAM!>" <crank> "<SCREAM!!!!>" <cran--SNAP!>

Reaction score
I am wondering if I should just buy the DVDs. I have had this on my queue from Netflix forever and every time I quickly watch and send in my secondary choices they send yet another secondary choice. It's been like this for a few months and I am about to go ballistic.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I am wondering if I should just buy the DVDs. I have had this on my queue from Netflix forever and every time I quickly watch and send in my secondary choices they send yet another secondary choice. It's been like this for a few months and I am about to go ballistic.
Weeks maybe. The blu / dvd set has only been out for about a month now.

But you SHOULD totally buy it. It will be the best blind purchase you have ever made in your life. The Blu Ray's look and sound amazing.