GALOOB: Army G.E.A.R.

Reaction score
Does anybody remember this line? It was made in the mid eighties I believe. It was actualy "gear" functional role play toys, wrist compasses, canteens, grenades etc, that opened up into little playsets, with figures and vehicles and such.

Anyone know of a good archive site with photos? Or anywhere to buy for that matter?

Reaction score
Re: GALOOB Army G.E.A.R.

This is mine from when I was a kid. The blue German jeep doesn't go with the line, but the figures fit in it.

Reaction score
Does anybody remember this line? It was made in the mid eighties I believe. It was actualy "gear" functional role play toys, wrist compasses, canteens, grenades etc, that opened up into little playsets, with figures and vehicles and such.

Anyone know of a good archive site with photos? Or anywhere to buy for that matter?
So late to this part, but yes, what an awesome little line. I only had the Eagle Medal that could detach and turn into a little plane, but I loved it. I always wanted the pistol or rifle, those things were awesome.

Reaction score
I have no recollection of starting this thread. :)

I had the canteen that turned into an aircraft carrier and a (I think) wrist compass that opened into a radar station or something.

I actually picked up the canteen for lunch money on ebay years ago--man was it disappointing, lol.