Galen Erso - #RO??

Reaction score
Galen Erso (#RO-07). Part of the Rogue One sub-line. Target Exclusive. Photo-real face deco. Sculpted new upper torso and head. Comes with Death Star plans that were included with the Rebel Fleet Trooper.

Available for pre-order beginning tomorrow, June 10th, at 1:00pm ET at Target.com. On shelf Fall 2021. MSRP $22.99.

Press Images

HD Images

Spoiler:  

Last edited:
Reaction score
I’m sure I’ll pick Galen up, but his face looks off here. Did they give him an underbite? And why does he have the plans on a disk?! I’m sure the team was scratching their heads on accessories to give him. But a mouse droid would make more sense than the plans on a floppy disk.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm not going to complain about a new and unexpected figure, but it seems like an odd choice to give us Galen Erso before Saw Gerrera.

It sounds like Hasbro isn't done producing figures for Rogue One (as long as these figures sell well enough), so maybe we will get Saw and some of his Partisans in the future?

Anyway, I'm happy about Galen for you @Oofa 😆

Reaction score
I'm not going to complain about a new and unexpected figure, but it seems like an odd choice to give us Galen Erso before Saw Gerrera.

It sounds like Hasbro isn't done producing figures for Rogue One (as long as these figures sell well enough), so maybe we will get Saw and some of his Partisans in the future?

Anyway, I'm happy about Galen for you @Oofa 😆
It is odd seeing Galen before Saw - but I am sure it's got something to do with Mads being a hot object in the entertainment industry.
Saw and the twins would be cool to get, and that vanilla "wookie" :)

I'm not sure the face sculpt is quite there for Galen. We will see. But I will get him, VAT/Customs fees won't stop me.

Edit: Unless of course the sculpt is beyond saving, then I wont be so eager.

Last edited:
Reaction score
It is odd seeing Galen before Saw - but I am sure it's got something to do with Mads being a hot object in the entertainment industry.
Saw and the twins would be cool to get, and that vanilla "wookie" :)

I'm not sure the face sculpt is quite there for Galen. We will see. But I will get him, VAT/Customs fees won't stop me.
So true Saw would have been better and more useful in the Collection. Galen is easier to make with reuse legs though that’s why Hasbro went this route I guarantee. Hell why no Two Tubes either if they wanted to do something cool and memorable.

Reaction score
Given that Merrick and Galen are exclusives, I'm not surprised with the amount of reuse. Saw would have been a great choice to make, but I get why he's not.

Reaction score
It's great we're getting Galen, but Saw is crazy overdue at this point. He's been in the Clone Wars, Rogue One, Rebels, Fallen Order, and Bad Batch.
Saw has been my most wanted figure for years now. He’s guaranteed to be a deluxe figure and will require so much new tooling that I could see them asking $45-50 for him, but I’d pay it. He’d be the cherry on top of the collection for me.

Reaction score
So what’s all new on the figure? Just the head and torso, right? Arms and lower skirt appear to be from Tarkin, and legs appear to be from ESB Lando. And Death Star Plans are from Rebel Fleet Trooper. Didn’t think we’d ever get Galen so I’m pleasantly surprised, but just wish they’d stop reusing from old molds instead of newer molds with the better joints.

Reaction score
Why's it gotta be an exclusive though. I remember in the 80's though that exclusives were good. I remember going to Sears and they only G.I.Joes they would have in stock were the exclusives.

Now, it seems when there is an exclusive, that's the only thing you won't be able to find.

Reaction score
So what’s all new on the figure? Just the head and torso, right? Arms and lower skirt appear to be from Tarkin, and legs appear to be from ESB Lando. And Death Star Plans are from Rebel Fleet Trooper. Didn’t think we’d ever get Galen so I’m pleasantly surprised, but just wish they’d stop reusing from old molds instead of newer molds with the better joints.
Those ESB Lando legs are a very odd choice. The leg pins and upper leg joints stick out like sore thumbs here. I’m guessing the shoes carried the day in terms of the design choices, since they are somewhat prominent in that one scene on Eadu? Damn it Hasbro, ruining what could’ve been a great figure.

Last edited:
Reaction score
This is the only one I may preorder. The exclusive Target stuff hasn’t been too hard to find in my area.

Reaction score
Wonder how long they will last? I could only order through website and not the app, maybe that helps limit some scalping. Not sure if apps are used for that more than sites or vice versa.

Reaction score
Wonder how long they will last? I could only order through website and not the app, maybe that helps limit some scalping. Not sure if apps are used for that more than sites or vice versa.
These weren't showing up in the Target app at all for me, no matter what I typed in the search bar.

I mean, who could imagine a Star Wars Target exclusive not going smoothly???

Reaction score
I found Galen and Merrick via the app by searching “Star Wars black series rogue one”

Reaction score
Grabbed him and Merrick through @Jayson's links. First Target exclusives I've nabbed in a while. Trying to only collect Rogue One characters in 3 3/4 but these two were too good to pass up.