Galaxy of Adventures Line

Reaction score
I've noticed these stacking up at both WM and Target, seems now that the holiday shopping season is over, they're gathering dust. Since this line is going forward apparently, I hope they release some new sculpts in the 3.75 scale, otherwise they'll likely be ignored by most collectors.

These clearly aren't aimed at the type of hardcore collectors that frequent these boards. I think this is a decent line for kids and more casual collectors. In fact this is the first time I've bought any OT figs since the 30th Anniversary Collection, as I had gotten tired of rebuying the same characters over and over and got more enjoyment out of buying prequel figs.

The comic books are neat and they harken back to the days when these sort of pack-ins were common because figures were for kids and not adults. I love the packaging, and I think it's the most "fun" and creative packaging I've seen in a long time for this franchise. The Black Series packaging, on the other hand, seemed to be squarely aimed at adults. I found it very boring.

Will kids buy this line? Probably not, because they don't seem too interested in action figures these days. The toy industry has been playing to the whims of the hardcore adult collector far too much over the last 15 years. The same thing happened to comic books, trading cards and video games. They became too adult and they lost their core audience. This happened to kids movies as well. Star Wars is aimed more at adults than children and that's a big problem because the audience was always children.

Hasbro needs to innovate more to get kids back on board. This line is a step in the right direction but why wasn't the Force Link tech included? That was the most innovative, kid-friendly idea Hasbro has had in ages. Innovation is the whole key. The problem with aiming your products at adults is that adults are set in their ways and aren't open minded. Adult collectors only want 6 or 7-inch super articulated figures and they consider most everything else crap. Well, I believe action figures could be, and should be much more than just than just the same thing over and over.

These are just my opinions, I could be wrong. The Ewok has spoken.

Reaction score
Oh, I agree - these aren't aimed at collectors at all, its a tie-in to the youtube vids intended to bring new kids into the fold - I just don't think that's going to happen in a significant way. I think the vast majority of these that sold were bought by parents and gift givers as stocking stuffers. I'm simply saying that IF they want more collectors to pick these up, they need some new sculpts in the mix. There are plenty of us that buy 3.75 basic figures, myself included, but I have no need for repacks of figures I already own. For example, the GOA Leia is a great sculpt - but I own it. Had they done a new version of Leia in her ANH outfit (with the hood up), or ANH Luke - I would have bought them. Like many, I'm a 3.75 loyalist - SA 6 inch figures do nothing for me - I wont switch scales - not now, not ever.

Reaction score
Not before some OT themed packs come out for the 3.75” scale.
PT always sounds good, but are we talking new or just a bunch of repacks?

On the upside, it‘s nice to see Disney finally understand that the ST will never have the selling power of the OT.......or the PT......or TCW"...

Reaction score
PT always sounds good, but are we talking new or just a bunch of repacks?

On the upside, it‘s nice to see Disney finally understand that the ST will never have the selling power of the OT.......or the PT......or TCW"...
...or the Holiday Special...or a bag of dog ****...

Reaction score
Maul is a good choice, he always sells. And that fig was never available single packed in the US. Why did they pick the Saga Legends Fett over the two pack? The GOA line must be a china thing and not Vietnam. I think Vietnam has the 2-pack molds. Grievous is a good choice for this line as well. At least they picked the better Kylo Ren. Blah on Rey.

I would have liked them to release qui-gon and obi-wan from that 3-pack right when they switched over to 5poa, right before the Saga Legends line.

Figures ripe for this line if they keep the 3.75” scale going....

Saga Legends Jango Fett
TLJ Threepio repainted
Saga legends Mace
Ben Kenobi

Reaction score
...or the Holiday Special...or a bag of dog ****...
years ago I watched the Holiday Special on youtube and got a "so bad it's good" vibe from of it. Part of that was probably due to the level of crap it took online reaching the overhyped stage. It's akin to your friends talking mad ish on some guy they know. Eventually you meet the dude and are like " well, he's an ahole but yall had me expecting Todd Packer."

Reaction score
I have The Vintage Collection Slave 1 and the peg on the single carded boba Fett’s jet pack fits it nicely. I think it’s a pretty good choice and that figure was hard to find too.

Maul is a good choice, he always sells. And that fig was never available single packed in the US. Why did they pick the Saga Legends Fett over the two pack? The GOA line must be a china thing and not Vietnam. I think Vietnam has the 2-pack molds. Grievous is a good choice for this line as well. At least they picked the better Kylo Ren. Blah on Rey.

I would have liked them to release qui-gon and obi-wan from that 3-pack right when they switched over to 5poa, right before the Saga Legends line.

Figures ripe for this line if they keep the 3.75” scale going....

Saga Legends Jango Fett
TLJ Threepio repainted
Saga legends Mace
Ben Kenobi

Reaction score
years ago I watched the Holiday Special on youtube and got a "so bad it's good" vibe from of it. Part of that was probably due to the level of crap it took online reaching the overhyped stage. It's akin to your friends talking mad ish on some guy they know. Eventually you meet the dude and are like " well, he's an ahole but yall had me expecting Todd Packer."
I bought a bootleg copy of the Holiday Special years ago at a comic con in NY (not NYCC; this was years before that) and, unbeknownst to me, it came with a bonus DVD that was of...adult nature.

Reaction score
I bought a bootleg copy of the Holiday Special years ago at a comic con in NY (not NYCC; this was years before that) and, unbeknownst to me, it came with a bonus DVD that was of...adult nature.
It allows you to recreate the extended version of the scene of Chewie's pappy watching the hologram chick "sing".

Reaction score
I picked up Vader just because I love the packaging. They're not cheap, and now I see Fett, Maul, Grievous and Kylo coming out, all of which look nice. Hooked.

Reaction score
The new Stormtrooper in this line is practically perfect. It has very nice, clean, sharp armor. I know it's just the SOLO Mimban and RO Stormie Frankensteined together, but it's fantastic. The preposed elbows make for a much more natural look than the RO figure. I found them at Meijer, but hopefully Walmart will get (and clearance) some.

Reaction score
Surprisingly these have not hit in my area. Everywhere is full of wave 1. If anyone can help a fellow scummer out and pick up The stormtrooper, please pm me. Thanks!

Reaction score
I he abbed another stormtrooper yesterday. I’ve seen even the stormtrooper starting to just sit. It’s that price that is killing this line!

Reaction score
Haven't seen any of these since awhile back when I got the stormtrooper for 2 bucks. Target had a case of them a few weeks ago and it's gone nw.

Reaction score
I just need a fellow scummer to hook me up with one. Pm me

Reaction score
It's a really nice ST. I'm hoping that that Target 6 pack goes on clearance and I get 4 or 5 more of those for cheap (plus mud troopers galore).

Reaction score
I like that new Stormtrooper.
The action pose reminds me of the pose of the old Action Force figures.
Ready for action without looking like a ballerina.

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I haven't been to Target in a while. It's good that these are selling well at Target.

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I haven't been to Target in a while. It's good that these are selling well at Target.
I'll post on here when I see the second wave show up. My Target tends to sell out of a lot of stuff as there isn't a Walmart nearby with which to compete. They had a whole end-cap shelf filled with the GOA figures and it was gone quickly. I have caught remnants of the latest Black Series wave and the archive series, all to be sold in a day or so.

I'm seeing the entire 1st wave going up on ebay for $24 shipped, which is an incredible saving over retail. Might want to wait for wave 2 to show up there.

Reaction score
Articulation aside, anyone think that Galaxy of Adventures Hoth Leia (which is Force Link Hoth Leia) and GOA Bespin Han (which is I think is Saga Legends Han) have just as good if not better face sculpts than their Vintage Collection equivalents? Again, not talking about articulation, only facial features. I never felt strongly about VC Bespin Han as it seems like he was sculpted to wear the goggles as his face and hair look a little off, so I like this GOA Han though he does appear a bit cartoonish. Mission Series ANH Han has a great facial sculpt that is similar. Personally I put more emphasis on face sculpts than I do articulation.

Reaction score
The head sculpts on most of the basic figures sport a great likeness - many of which are better than the SA counterpart. Hoth Leia is a great example. If you aren't an articulation fanatic, 5 POA with these sculpts are hard to beat.

Reaction score
The head sculpts on most of the basic figures sport a great likeness - many of which are better than the SA counterpart. Hoth Leia is a great example. If you aren't an articulation fanatic, 5 POA with these sculpts are hard to beat.
I was pretty disappointed that it sounds like no new basic line figures until episode 9. Lots of great looking figures and they display great as well. If someone is into making dioramas then I can see why they don't like the basic line but if you're like me and simply display them they are fantastic.

Reaction score
I'm sure if I had posted that over in the VC forum, we'd hear a different response! But yeah, many of the older VC figures (or other "high end" lines e.g. OTC) are starting to show their ages, and the newer "cheaper" lines are outshining them.

Reaction score
I'm sure if I had posted that over in the VC forum, we'd hear a different response! But yeah, many of the older VC figures (or other "high end" lines e.g. OTC) are starting to show their ages, and the newer "cheaper" lines are outshining them.
lol no kidding. It's a shame there's a divide between collectors, especially when it's fairly petulant. It can all be boiled down to each group wanting Hasbro to focus only on the specific things that THEY want. Even if there was only 1 line the divide would be even more splintered between droid,troop,jabba,cantina,etc collectors bemoaning every figure that isn't in their particular collection focus.

Reaction score
In general the most recent basic figures have been way better than the SA collection. Leia, Ben Kenobi, The Emperor...these are great figures with fantastic headsculpts.

Reaction score
Some think that articulation makes every figure better - I disagree. There are plenty of eyesores that are SA, and admittedly many that are 5 POA. For me, it boils down to likeness and deco. A figure can sport 18 POA but not hit the mark. Some basic figures simply look great without all the extra joints. I prefer clean lines and seamless articulation to maintain a certain aesthetic. Overall, I mix all articulation levels and sculpting styles in my collection though, but the basic figures have been my favorite as of late. The Yakface figure from TVC has renewed my interest in SA figures though - its a beauty.

Reaction score
The bottom line is some figures need SA and some don't. Guys who do nothing but stand around don't need SA. The main characters and the more action oriented characters definitely do though. I would definitely trade the new Yak Face articulation for the same thing in a TLJ Rey, for example.

Reaction score
Definitely, just that nobody seems to agree on who get what and where. lol
I do like the sculpt of 5POA, they just lack any ability to do what I want them to. So more than 5POA is a must, 14+POA not so much.

What I don't get is why. Why is it that they can knock it out of the park in 5POA, but not SA? Cost perhaps? The sad thing is we know that it can be done, because there are some superb SA figure sculpts scattered throughout the line.

Reaction score
Is anyone seeing wave 2 for clearance prices? If so, pm me if you can help out a fellow collector. Mainly the Yoda, Leia and even the Han. Indysolo007 already took care of me with the stormtrooper, which is awesome.