Galaxy of Adventures Line

Reaction score
You know what? it boggles my mind that Hasbro makes more super poseable Marvel Legends figures than they do with Star Wars figures.

Also that Silly Putty is still being made and pegwarming in the toy aisles too

Reaction score
You know what? it boggles my mind that Hasbro makes more super poseable Marvel Legends figures than they do with Star Wars figures.

Also that Silly Putty is still being made and pegwarming in the toy aisles too

In fairness Marvel Legends uses like 8 blank bodies and just adds bits a pieces to come up with new characters. For the most part SW are all unique sculpts.

Reaction score
Well, still they could at least spend more time and effort making poseable figures of Last Jedi 3 inch figures than spending more time on the Marvel Legends line.

Reaction score
Maybe we're in Bizarro world and people are buying the GOA figures to stuff Vintage Collection figures in the package and return them? Keep your eyes open gents! :p

Reaction score
Well, still they could at least spend more time and effort making poseable figures of Last Jedi 3 inch figures than spending more time on the Marvel Legends line.
You've missed the obvious point for the second time.
Not that it matters, but Hasbro totally quit making 4" Marvel Figures. So apparently reusing the same figure over and over isn't as profitable as it once was either.

Reaction score
Not that it matters, but Hasbro totally quit making 4" Marvel Figures. So apparently reusing the same figure over and over isn't as profitable as it once was either.
The predominant market for SA Marvel figures is the 6" collector. For the most part the Legends collectors of the Toy Biz years all but ignored that 4" Marvel Universe line. It felt like that line was always one wave away from being cancelled.

Reaction score
The predominant market for SA Marvel figures is the 6" collector. For the most part the Legends collectors of the Toy Biz years all but ignored that 4" Marvel Universe line. It felt like that line was always one wave away from being cancelled.
WWE figures are 6 inches or so as well. That's the size that kids seem to prefer. Side note, I'm quite jealous of modern wrestling figures. When I was a kid, all they had were these crappy, glorified bend em figures. Never got any of those because they were garbage. I see the commercials now and the figures can easily "put holds" on other figures.

Reaction score
Its the larger Marvel Legends figures, MasterFett. Open your eyes.

Like I said maybe Hasbro should spend a little bit more time and effort with making poseable Last Jedi figures instead of on the Marvel Legends build a figures.

Reaction score
Think it says a lot the 3.75 wasn't profitable enough for Marvel figures when there's so many of them that are simple repaints and re-use of sculpts almost to a He-Man level. There's star wars sculpts that can be used quite a bit but for the most part each figure has to be original.

Reaction score
Marvel legends sell. It’s why hasbro puts money into them. They released what, 11 waves of figures in 2018, plus exclusive figures, plus 10th anniversary sets, rider sets. Marvel is an extremely popular brand with a much more popular movie franchise right now. There are fans of just the comics and they get their figures every year. There are fans of the movies and they get their figures. I love Star Wars but hasbro doesn’t know how to sell it anymore. They want to keep doing new stuff and the new movies, but there’s backlash right now. Prequels have backlash as well. The only thing that does consistently sell is OT but at some point how many times are we going to buy Darth Vader? So they are kinda stuck.

If I was hasbro I’d do something similar to their marvel strategy. Keep releasing movie tie in stuff for fans of the new stuff. And just as they cater to comic fans in the marvel line, maybe do something similar in the Star Wars world. Not a fan of the new stuff, here’s figures from the legends stories. They dipped their toe in recently with thrawn and jaina solo in 6” scale. That seemed to work. Try it again, does mara jade ever not sell? Is it confusing to kids, sure, but they aren’t buying Star Wars figures anymore so what does it matter.

Ill admit personal bias, but as it stands I’m only buying a handful of figures in the coming year. If they released Kyle katarn on overpriced vintage cards, I’m there. Mara jade, corran horn, jacen, jaina, anakin solo.

Just my thoughts. But don’t act surprised that hasbro makes a lot of marvel legends figures because guess what they sell a lot of them.

Reaction score
Well, Instead of Hasbro constantly making another Spider Man figure after another for the 6 inch Marvel Legends series, they should have been making poseable figures of Last Jedi figures and yes there is the newer Vintage style Force Awakens/Last Jedi Luke figure but we want more than that.

Just how many Marvel Legends Spider Man figures of the 6 inch kind do you really need anyway? For every time Hasbro when they make another Spider Man action figure they should have made a regular 3 inch poseable figure of Force Awakens Han Solo

Reaction score
Marvel legends sell. It’s why hasbro puts money into them. They released what, 11 waves of figures in 2018, plus exclusive figures, plus 10th anniversary sets, rider sets. Marvel is an extremely popular brand with a much more popular movie franchise right now. There are fans of just the comics and they get their figures every year. There are fans of the movies and they get their figures. I love Star Wars but hasbro doesn’t know how to sell it anymore. They want to keep doing new stuff and the new movies, but there’s backlash right now. Prequels have backlash as well. The only thing that does consistently sell is OT but at some point how many times are we going to buy Darth Vader? So they are kinda stuck.

If I was hasbro I’d do something similar to their marvel strategy. Keep releasing movie tie in stuff for fans of the new stuff. And just as they cater to comic fans in the marvel line, maybe do something similar in the Star Wars world. Not a fan of the new stuff, here’s figures from the legends stories. They dipped their toe in recently with thrawn and jaina solo in 6” scale. That seemed to work. Try it again, does mara jade ever not sell? Is it confusing to kids, sure, but they aren’t buying Star Wars figures anymore so what does it matter.

Ill admit personal bias, but as it stands I’m only buying a handful of figures in the coming year. If they released Kyle katarn on overpriced vintage cards, I’m there. Mara jade, corran horn, jacen, jaina, anakin solo.

Just my thoughts. But don’t act surprised that hasbro makes a lot of marvel legends figures because guess what they sell a lot of them.
Marvel Legends are basically premade at this point. It's a terrible comparison.

Reaction score
WWE figures are 6 inches or so as well. That's the size that kids seem to prefer. Side note, I'm quite jealous of modern wrestling figures. When I was a kid, all they had were these crappy, glorified bend em figures. Never got any of those because they were garbage. I see the commercials now and the figures can easily "put holds" on other figures.
Going to go waaaay off topic here:

Totally agree about the wrestling figures. I'm old enough that my WWF collection started with LJN. Back then just having a Hulk Hogan figure was awesome (despite the fact that it was essentially a s** toy for women). The Hasbro line was obviously a step up even though the Galoob WCW line was kind of crappy.

Honestly my favorite wrestling line was the Jakks TTL era when they started with the Real Scan stuff. I didn't think they could top themselves after how good and complete the BCA line was but TTL brought in functional articulation and crazy amounts of rings, weapons, etc. Famous Scenes Series 2 Triple H is still one of my favorite figures. I also liked that the Toy Biz WCW stuff and OSFTM ECW figures worked so well with BCA and TTL. The R3 experiment was funny. Obviously RA upped the game especially with the Classics. I never really got into the Deluxe Aggression line.

Mattel has been killing it but (this is going to sound real petty) I cannot stand the Wfigs forums so there is not really a place to talk about wrestling figures online and it kind of kills some of my enthusiasm. Add in the fact that the current WWE television product has never been worse (I'd take 93-95 over this garbage) and I really can't get into wrestling figures anymore. I buy the occasional figure but for the most part over been out since the 4th or 5th Basics wave.

For me it's Jakks BCA/Phase 2 TTL as the best wrestling figure line.

Just to elaborate on Wfigs...it has to be the absolute, hands down, without a doubt worst collecting forum on the entire internet. I was a member back when it was Action Figure Resource all the way through the beginning of the Mattel line (was a Mod for years on multiple boards) but it's filled with immature children (including the adults) and it's owned by pretty much the only place to buy figures online. Just an awful community over there.

Reaction score
Marvel Legends are basically premade at this point. It's a terrible comparison.
Except for MCU which are almost always all new unique sculpts and comprise half of all figures released this year. Which if we’re looking at new unique sculpts in the TVC line compared to marvel legends, legends destroys it. They make them because they sell. They don’t make a lot of Star Wars figures because too many turn into Snoke and sit on the pegs.

And to address the Spider-Man comment, you do realize he’s one the most popular characters there is. Two Peter Parker Spider-Man figures were released in 2018. One was a comic based re-release because the aftermarket prices are insane on him. The last time he was released was 2015. The other was an infinity war tie in figure. How many does someone need? Well if they are just starting out it’s nice to have that option. How many tatooine lukes did we need back in 1997? The point is, they sold. Just like Spider-Man and most marvel legends do today. If Star Wars moved like marvel legends, they’d make more

Reaction score
Except for MCU which are almost always all new unique sculpts and comprise half of all figures released this year. Which if we’re looking at new unique sculpts in the TVC line compared to marvel legends, legends destroys it. They make them because they sell. They don’t make a lot of Star Wars figures because too many turn into Snoke and sit on the pegs.

And to address the Spider-Man comment, you do realize he’s one the most popular characters there is. Two Peter Parker Spider-Man figures were released in 2018. One was a comic based re-release because the aftermarket prices are insane on him. The last time he was released was 2015. The other was an infinity war tie in figure. How many does someone need? Well if they are just starting out it’s nice to have that option. How many tatooine lukes did we need back in 1997? The point is, they sold. Just like Spider-Man and most marvel legends do today. If Star Wars moved like marvel legends, they’d make more
There are more MCU movies every year than there are Star Wars movies. So naturally they make more figures.

ML and Black Series are just different animals and comparing them in an effort to discredit the Star Wars line just doesn't make sense.

For the record I'm a ML collector that has been with the line since is was SMC (pre Legends). I'm not bashing a line I know nothing about.

Reaction score
Do you really need the same Thor or Spider Man figure from the 6 inch Marvel Legends series whether from the Thor or Avengers movies or some obscure look they had in the comics?

No thank you. I think one Spider Man figure is enough. No more.

Its time for Hasbro to make 3 inch poseable figures of Star Wars including Last Jedi which they should have tried to do like months ago, but not. Its all about Marvel Legends and WWE figures.

Speaking of WWE figures do you really need like 50 John Cena figures??

Reaction score
Do you really need the same Thor or Spider Man figure from the 6 inch Marvel Legends series whether from the Thor or Avengers movies or some obscure look they had in the comics?

Its time for Hasbro to make 3 inch poseable figures of Star Wars including Last Jedi which they should have tried to do like months ago, but not. Its all about Marvel Legends and WWE figures.

In all fairness some of have 10+ Vader figures etc.

It's all the same thing. You may not need more than 1 (or any) Spiderman figures but Marvel collectors would like to.

Reaction score

Try going to the store right now and buying a Spider-Man figure. Good luck. Here’s the thing you keep ignoring. If someone decides to start collecting marvel legends figures and wants a Spider-Man....what do you tell them? Sorry you should have been collecting years ago when we made Spider-Man, we’re not going to make anymore? Doesn’t seem like a good way to let new fans into collecting...its line saying sorry guys, we stopped making Darth Vader figures a decade ago.Why didn’t you buy one then? Oh you’re a new collector who wasn’t even born when we released the last Darth Vader figure? Oh well.

If a line exists long enough you gotta cycle the heavy hitters in every year or so.

Reaction score
Try going to the store right now and buying a Spider-Man figure. Good luck. Here’s the thing you keep ignoring. If someone decides to start collecting marvel legends figures and wants a Spider-Man....what do you tell them? Sorry you should have been collecting years ago when we made Spider-Man, we’re not going to make anymore? Doesn’t seem like a good way to let new fans into collecting...its line saying sorry guys, we stopped making Darth Vader figures a decade ago.Why didn’t you buy one then? Oh you’re a new collector who wasn’t even born when we released the last Darth Vader figure? Oh well.

If a line exists long enough you gotta cycle the heavy hitters in every year or so.
Within the industry they are called evergreen characters. There must always be a Batman, Vader, Spidey etc on the shelves.

Reaction score
Well I want a 3 inch super poseable Last Jedi figure like Hux made by Hasbro.

Not another expensive Marvel Legends build a figure line where you can barely get one limb piece due to people scalping and hoarding away a bunch of main figures that have a piece of the build a figure

Reaction score
Well I want a 3 inch super poseable Last Jedi figure like Hux made by Hasbro.

Not another expensive Marvel Legends build a figure line where you can barely get one limb piece due to people scalping and hoarding away a bunch of main figures that have a piece of the build a figure
Too bad, what you want won’t sell. That’s why they don’t make it.

Reaction score
I think Hux made in Vintage Collection style and on a classic Vintage card back would sell and be HTF as well.
Doubtful, he’s a peg warmer in TFA basic line, pegwarmer in TLJ basic line and ST figures on TVC packaging are pegwarmers....so....not sure why he’d be different.

Reaction score
Doubtful, he’s a peg warmer in TFA basic line, pegwarmer in TLJ basic line and ST figures on TVC packaging are pegwarmers....so....not sure why he’d be different.
The ST on TVC packaging are repacks. Put a new figure like Hux out there and it would sell.

But I guess for you to believe something will sell it need to say Marvel Legends on the card.

Reaction score
Persoanlly, if he would ahev been SA, I would have bought more than just one Hux. Then it would have allowed to make more troopers. You cant do that with 5POA Hux. Also would have bought Several Krennic figure, has they been SA.

Think it says a lot the 3.75 wasn't profitable enough for Marvel figures when there's so many of them that are simple repaints and re-use of sculpts almost to a He-Man level. There's star wars sculpts that can be used quite a bit but for the most part each figure has to be original.
That's my point though. Even with reusable sculpts like what MU and G.I. Joe used, they still became unprofitable. So what hope does a person think that Hasbro can just pump out any figure they want for Star Wars, which use a "unique" sculpts per character. Aside from troops of course.

The point I was trying to get across to you know who above. ^

Reaction score
My hope is that Star Wars has more consumer life than the other lines, which are mainly based in the toy world. Maybe our 3.75" would outlast the other franchises, even Marvel. Or maybe not. We must continue to hope.

Reaction score
But true--Marvel is extremely popular and has been essentially "evergreen" its whole existence. There have been a few times (a very few times) when neither Star Wars nor Marvel was really on the shelves, but both have sold really well whenever they are. Right now, Marvel is winning the popularity war, but Star Wars also always will sell, in whatever scale or articulation level, as long as Hasbro offers it. I hope.

Reaction score
straight from the dewback's mouth

https://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-galaxy-of-adventures-toys

[FONT=&quot]“Our [/FONT]Galaxy of Adventures[FONT=&quot] line is a great entry point for kids to get into [/FONT]Star Wars[FONT=&quot],” Sarah Carroll, sr. brand marketing manager of [/FONT]Star Wars [FONT=&quot]at Hasbro, tells StarWars.com. “The product focuses on the key, iconic moments in the [/FONT]Star Wars[FONT=&quot] storyline in a fun, kid-friendly way.”

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“As we head into 2019, what better time to introduce kids to this incredible franchise and these classic characters than now?” Carroll says. “And let’s be honest, what kid [/FONT]isn’t[FONT=&quot] going to fall in love with these droids, creatures, and rebels? [/FONT]Star Wars[FONT=&quot] is truly a brand with something for everyone, and we’re excited for the new [/FONT]Galaxy of Adventures[FONT=&quot] animated shorts and toys, which provide that entry point for new, young fans.”[/FONT]

Reaction score
Yes kids, buy the same basic toys that are in the toy aisles....just don’t pay attention to the $2 price hike. You can afford it.

Funny that this line is designed to introduce kids to Star Wars...and it’s all OT (except for Yoda, but that’s a minor nitpick).

The new movies aren’t doing it. Quick kids, embrace a 40yo movie!

Reaction score
Yes kids, buy the same basic toys that are in the toy aisles....just don’t pay attention to the $2 price hike. You can afford it.

Funny that this line is designed to introduce kids to Star Wars...and it’s all OT (except for Yoda, but that’s a minor nitpick).

The new movies aren’t doing it. Quick kids, embrace a 40yo movie!
Are any of the Galaxy figures currently on pegs? No. Hoth Leia will be in the 2nd wave though. Rest is main characters that aren't on the shelves.

This is aimed at kids that were 1 or 2 when the new movies came out so they have basically never seen a Star Wars movie. The cartoon gives these kids a rundown of what has happened in the overall story and are using the movies that started it all as the jumping off point.

Reaction score
Are any of the Galaxy figures currently on pegs? No. Hoth Leia will be in the 2nd wave though. Rest is main characters that aren't on the shelves.

Uhm....solo wv3 currently on shelves contain the luke and Vader figs, a Chewbacca ( grant it from a diff. movie and diff. bandolier, but still chewbacca) is still on pegs from solo wv1 and 2. And the r2..recently dumped at 5below on tlc card for 4$. So I'm not sure if you were being sarcastic or if you genuinely believed what you posted.

Reaction score

Uhm....solo wv3 currently on shelves contain the luke and Vader figs, a Chewbacca ( grant it from a diff. movie and diff. bandolier, but still chewbacca) is still on pegs from solo wv1 and 2. And the r2..recently dumped at 5below on tlc card for 4$. So I'm not sure if you were being sarcastic or if you genuinely believed what you posted.
not in my area. Just Qira and some Leias. Had forgotten Luke and Chewie were recent.

Reaction score
I'm not much for repacks, but if kids are into these figures, and they are helping to introduce them to SW, I'm all for it. I just hope they aren't massively overproduced. What would be nice is if they introduced a couple new sculpts, which might pull in longtime collectors that already own these. A new basic ANH farmboy Luke would have been a good start, alongside a hood up version of ANH Leia. If they released those versions of Luke & Leia with as great a likeness of DS Luke and Hoth Leia from these sets, I'd happily buy them.

Reaction score

Uhm...most people haven't seen Wave 3 at all at retail. It's an army of Q'ira everywhere.

GoH is a great idea that is well executed. I love when collectors get up in arms about stuff that isn't catered to them at all.

Reaction score
These figures are a great idea...just if the market is kids why are they overpriced? And why are they OT figures? To me this feels like an idea they don’t know how to execute if they are in fact for kids.

And you’re right, they aren’t on pegs. But they are in stores. They are in bins in the holiday section. They are clearly designed to be stocking stuffers for unsuspecting parents who don’t realize they are getting ripped off on the price. Parents who remember these OT characters and think maybe their kids will like Star Wars too. Parents too lazy to go in the toy aisle and see if other Star Wars figures are available. I can’t imagine kids are asking for these figures. It’s parents getting duped and us collectors who can’t help but check them out. I don’t think it’s any coincidence that I’m wave 2 Han Bespin is the saga legends version seeing as how the two pack version had a Luke warm reception. Or that the Stormtrooper is an improvement on the RO release.

Its a very obvious cash grab. They aren’t even being clever about it anymore

Reaction score
I agree that's its good for Hasbro, they're getting parents and gift givers to pay more for repacks that are otherwise cheaper. Its hard to fault them for trying to turn a profit, given the current state of the toy industry. As a consumer, you cant help but think its a rip-off. They clearly didn't want to invest on tooling, so labeling it a holiday cash grab is a fair assessment. Next year when these are everywhere, they will likely fall into the same problem of over production and clearance. If these had limited distribution only during the holidays, it would have been a good marketing decision for them...