Galaxy of Adventures Line

GNT

Reaction score
It appears that Hasbro will be reissuing OT figures for the upcoming Galaxy Of Adventures TV shorts.

Anyone going to be picking up these?

Reaction score
Maybe the stormtrooper. I hope they end up on clearance and I’ll troop build him. Other than that, waste of plastic. You can get that r2 for $4, Luke was being clearances at Target for $7.48 with 2 other figures , that Leia is flooding Target and Walmart at $8. No need for these.

Reaction score
As I've mentioned in other threads - these aren't a bad idea per say, but again, poorly executed. There is little point in releasing some of the same figures that are out now, and are available at a cheaper price. The idea of a comic / figure combo isn't a bad idea - but there is no incentive for many consumers to buy repacks at a higher price - these should be cheaper, and they'd work as impulse items. They should be at least $1 less than the basic line, not $2 more. A solid line of repacks just wont cut it in the current market - people aren't crazed for these releases - neither collectors, nor the dwindling interest of kids.

Reaction score
If they released these at $6 I’d buy every last one of those stormtroopers. But I completely agree with Darth_Sidious, a failed execution of a decent concept.

Reaction score
If they released these at $6 I’d buy every last one of those stormtroopers. But I completely agree with Darth_Sidious, a failed execution of a decent concept.
Yeah, I'm with you. If I run across a couple of Troopers, I'll get them to keep my ST/Clone sealed packaging focus intact. Other than that, I already have everything else.

Reaction score
These re releases of Force Link Jedi Knight Luke, Darth Vader and R2 D2 in a tube package with a mini comic. Better way to buy them from Walmart than trying to hunt them down as regular carded Force Link figures from Target or shopko.

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity do these figures work with the Force Link thing?

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity do these figures work with the Force Link thing?
Ive heard no, they won’t have the chips in them.

Id buy every stormtrooper I could find at $6 a pop. Great for an emperor’s arrival scene. I’ll see what happens after the holidays, if the price is right I’ll spring for them then. I’m interested in the Vader as well.

Han Bespin is also on my list of wants.

Drop the price and ill bite, but not before then.

Reaction score
Maybe the stormtrooper. I hope they end up on clearance and I’ll troop build him. Other than that, waste of plastic. You can get that r2 for $4, Luke was being clearances at Target for $7.48 with 2 other figures , that Leia is flooding Target and Walmart at $8. No need for these.
I couldn’t agree more.

Reaction score
I heard a kid just the other day saying he wished he could get a mini comic instead of the force link chip because he'd pay an extra $2 for that for sure. - sorry... sarcasm level turned up to 11.

Who is this aimed at? Is Hasbro bootlegging their own product now? I hear the next wave of these will include Young Luke (Luke w/Jawa legs), Han Fett (Han head on Boba body from POTF), Power Leia (Leia's head on a power ranger), and Darth Santa (any leftover Santa ornaments with Vader helmets crammed on them).

Might as well really, that is about the level of care anyone will have for this line.

Reaction score
It seems that Disney has finally realized the marketing power of the OT characters. I think Disney thought they could bully into the market with Kylo, Rey, Finn, and Poe and muscle out the OT (kill the past....remember that line from TLJ?). However, now Disney has finally realized they were mistaken and probably by the middle of 2019 people won't care about Kylo and Co.

So, now Disney has decided to (re) introduce the OT characters to the next generation through Galaxy of Adventures. The problem is, they already killed offf Han and (I guess) Luke, so they're a little too late to the party.

Reaction score
Ive heard no, they won’t have the chips in them.

Id buy every stormtrooper I could find at $6 a pop. Great for an emperor’s arrival scene. I’ll see what happens after the holidays, if the price is right I’ll spring for them then. I’m interested in the Vader as well.

Han Bespin is also on my list of wants.

Drop the price and ill bite, but not before then.
Its odd they wouldn't include the Force Link tech with these figures, considering how highly it was ranked among boys tech toys not too long ago. That consumer report showed the basic line was doing well, and kids that play with action figures enjoy that technology included with the figures. Likewise, all of waves 1 & 2 previously had the chips, save for Han. A missed opportunity not to include more dialogue from the OT, as the shorts do.

Reaction score
I picked up the Luke, Vader and R2 for my son. passed on Chewie and didn't see the rest of the wave. They rang up at 8.99 per figure at my local Walmart and were in the "Holiday Section" instead of the toy aisles. I'm guessing these are thought to be "Stocking Stuffers"

Reaction score
I picked up the Luke, Vader and R2 for my son. passed on Chewie and didn't see the rest of the wave. They rang up at 8.99 per figure at my local Walmart and were in the "Holiday Section" instead of the toy aisles. I'm guessing these are thought to be "Stocking Stuffers"
There are only 4 figures in the first wave. So you saw them all. Wave 2 the next four next year, just in time....hmmm....what stockings are we stuffing in spring?

Reaction score
Though the GOA shorts (from what I've seen) look cool, these are just re-packs of figures almost everyone already has. Easy pass.

Reaction score
the only ones that are worth getting are Luke, Hoth Leia and Darth Vader
No love for the Stormtrooper? I would have thought people would be all over that since he has a different arm configuration than the Rouge One release.

Reaction score
I think it’s a different leg configuration as well. Basically it’s Mimban Stormtrooper with the RO head. Same figure is in the target pack just with the orange RO pauldron. Definitely a figure hasbro should flood the market with for $6 not $10! Imagine how nice they’d work for an emperors arrival scene....

Reaction score
Get out of here with facts. We're trying to be mad about products that aren't for us and aren't stocked in the toy aisles.

Reaction score
For those that have bought them, what are the comics like? Is it a full size comic or a He-Man style comic?

Reaction score
Get out of here with facts. We're trying to be mad about products that aren't for us and aren't stocked in the toy aisles.
lol
Be nice to find the stuff I'm looking for in the Toy aisle! I get cross merchandising and all, but I'm one of those that don't meander through the store looking for everything. How am I to know to look in Holiday section for normal stuff? In fact If I cannot find an item in the actual dept. it belongs, I leave empty handed.

Reaction score
lol
Be nice to find the stuff I'm looking for in the Toy aisle! I get cross merchandising and all, but I'm one of those that don't meander through the store looking for everything. How am I to know to look in Holiday section for normal stuff? In fact If I cannot find an item in the actual dept. it belongs, I leave empty handed.
I hear ya on that lol. It's been pretty sparse in my area for awhile. Any more I usually have a couple of items I need to pick up when I go toy shopping to make it worth the trip.

Reaction score
My Walmart is already SOLD OUT of Wave 1. They had a ton of these on Monday night of this week and now the bin is empty. I asked the toy department manager if they had any more in the back and he said nope everything is gone.

I'm kinda shocked that Hasbro didn't just double up on the toys and release both Wave 1 & 2 together.

Reaction score
i wouldnt be surprised if Force Link figures stuffed into a plastic tube package along with a free mini comic and a dvd disc or whatever theyll be bought up like crazy.

Reaction score
My Walmart is already SOLD OUT of Wave 1. They had a ton of these on Monday night of this week and now the bin is empty. I asked the toy department manager if they had any more in the back and he said nope everything is gone.

I'm kinda shocked that Hasbro didn't just double up on the toys and release both Wave 1 & 2 together.
Its the holiday shopping season, so I'm not surprised to see them selling, but not at such a quick rate. How many were in the bin display? What does puzzle me is how some of these figures are on the pegs for a cheaper price - I'm guessing the stocking stuffer packaging is luring people in? I dunno, if I were buying these for a kid, I'd go to Five Below, and get two figures for $8 rather than one and a comic for $10. Maybe some consumers just aren't as savvy as collectors.

Reaction score
or maybe a bunch of people wanted a cool stocking stuffer for a 5 year old kid in their life.
Who would have thought?

And if it was scalpers the people buying them from the scalpers are the schmuck collectors complaining that these exist.

Reaction score
I highly doubt scalpers are buying up repacks, lol... These are up on HTS too if someone wants them, but cant find them at WM. Next month they'll be at all retailers that choose to carry them, not limited to WM.

Reaction score
or maybe a bunch of people wanted a cool stocking stuffer for a 5 year old kid in their life.
If they wanted something a little kid thought was cool they probably wouldn't by a Star Wars figure.

I'm just thinking that you get these opportunists thinking they are getting the next hot thing for X-mas and know little about Star Wars toys. If they can't flip them they just return them all.

Reaction score
Exactly. If they're not tearing up the toy aisle, then they're looking for the newest trendy thing. Most of which is either Beyblade, L.O.L., and recently JW Dinosaurs.

I haven't seen a kid look at SW in several years. TBH