Galaxy of Adventures 5" Line

Reaction score
I don’t understand what you don’t understand. Disney made the Toybox line first. It’s been out for a while now. That line is exclusive to Disney Stores, and each character has only lasted a finite amount of time.

I get that the styles both look similar, but Disney was referencing the video game style, and Hasbro is now using the animated series as a reference for this new line. Outside of that, the Disney line is a catch all for a kinds of IP that just happens to have some Star Wars characters. This Hasbro line is strictly Star Wars.
Not that it really matters that much, but the tooling was done on 2 figures that are essentially the same figure. That's all.

It bothers me that we have 200 different Vader figures when most are essentially the same design. It bothers me that we have a new line of 5" figures that no one asked for. It bothers me when resources are essentially wasted when the stuff that we want continues to be underserved.

This isn't Burger King creating a burger that tastes like a Big Mac, this is McDonald's making a Big Mick to compete with their own Big Mac.

Reaction score
I was pretty underwhelmed by the Vintage Collection figures, and couldn't find the two Black Series figures from this wave I want, so I grabbed the 5" Kylo and Vader just because they were cheap impulse buys and I didn't want to buy nothing on Force Friday; and I know I'm in the minority but I really ended up loving these things in hand. The articulation is much better than I expected, and I love the cartoony style; if they keep up a wide variety of characters coming, I'll probably buy quite a few of these.

Reaction score
I picked up Finn on a whim at Target when I picked up my Carbonized Mandalorian. I was BLOWN AWAY with how fun he was. You get a LOT of figure for $10. He's got a crisp sculpt, tons of articulation, a removable vest, removable bag, and gun. I was going to Walmart next, so I picked up Kylo and Rey. I'm really happy with them. A great mix of toy and collectible. I think they are actually superior to the ToyBox figures stylistically.

Reaction score
the white jet troopers of the new Galaxy Adventures line, they're pretty great looking. I just bought one from a Walmart store yesterday

yeah they're 5 inches and little bigger than the regular 3 inch figures but who says you cant mix and mingle yada yada. Plus I just might buy a couple more of the white Galaxy adventures Jet troopers to army build a little bit

Reaction score

Well, I ended up buying all of them. The sculpt of Darth Vader is fantastic. I'm really enjoying this line. The BB8 has an action feature. It's a little janky in getting it to work but fun. the D-0 actually balances great without a stand! I love all the separately sculpted elements. This is a companion line I can get into.

Reaction score
Picked up Vader, Chewie and Kylo and loooove them!!!
Ended up going back and picking up the rest of the line! These are a great surprise. If you haven’t picked any up get at least one and check it out. Plus they’re only $10!!!
Definitely picking up the Han and C3PO they showed at comic con

Reaction score
I ordered most of these for my 6 year old (and we’ll see if my 3 year old tries to steal any)

I slightly prefer the design of the toy box line but we never got around to collecting those because I wasn’t sure how deep they’d go on those, and then when I did want to start the boba Fett figure was too high in price.

Reaction score
Picked up Vader, Chewie and Kylo and loooove them!!!
Ended up going back and picking up the rest of the line! These are a great surprise. If you haven’t picked any up get at least one and check it out. Plus they’re only $10!!!
Definitely picking up the Han and C3PO they showed at comic con

If you have a Meijer store nearby, I believe they are $7.99

Reaction score
Said I wasn't interest, but I bough outta curiosity and man I can put them down lol. Enjoying them more than the other lines

Reaction score
Asked this in the TVC forum thread, but...could anyone who has picked up the droid three-pack comment about how they look, size-wise, in relation to Black Series figures? I know the problem of TBS astromechs is that they've been undersized, so I figure this would be even smaller. But...still tempted to pick them up to throw into some displays. Thoughts?

Reaction score
Asked this in the TVC forum thread, but...could anyone who has picked up the droid three-pack comment about how they look, size-wise, in relation to Black Series figures? I know the problem of TBS astromechs is that they've been undersized, so I figure this would be even smaller. But...still tempted to pick them up to throw into some displays. Thoughts?
The GoA D-O is actually slightly bigger than his black series counterpart, the BB-8 is the same size as the black series, and the R2 is slightly smaller (maybe 3-4 mm) than the black series. All with cartoony proportions though.

Reaction score
Not terribly surprised since this is more aimed at kids and collectors had other priorities. Although I think they are fantastic. The real test will be when we get closer to the movie release and Christmas, I'm sure.

Reaction score
The GoA D-O is actually slightly bigger than his black series counterpart, the BB-8 is the same size as the black series, and the R2 is slightly smaller (maybe 3-4 mm) than the black series. All with cartoony proportions though.
Interesting -- thanks for the reply. I'll check them out in store and then inevitably cave and buy them because I am a weak, weak man.

Reaction score
I got the Tread Speeder thing yesterday. I really like the vehicle. I'm glad they are incorporating more play value into these. The "blast apart" action is a great callback to speeders of old, and it's cool you can fit two troopers on it.

Reaction score
Grabbed Kylo. I really like the sculpt on him. I can see myself picking up a specific selection of figures. But I'm not gonna go crazy with this line. I think the Disney Toy Box has more "character" with at least some of the sculpts. I like how some figures have like emotive open hand sculpts and such. Where as here its just your basic c grip to hold accessories. You know what I mean?

Reaction score
Can you provide a link?
Not sure why but when I search for it on the site it shows up in the results but when I click the link it doesn’t go to the page

Reaction score
Found these instructions for Jedi Luke on a website I'd prefer not to link to:
Follow these steps!
1. Go to this link. CLICK HERE.
2. Change zip code to 47130 (only if Luke Skywalker doesn’t show up as the first item in the search list – this is letting Walmart know you’re within the vicinity of NextDay shipping availability)
3. Turn on NextDay Delivery.
4, Add Luke Skywalker (Jedi Knight) to your cart.
5. Change your shipping options back to your original zip code at checkout.
6. Complete order. There may be a day or two added to your shipping options.
Special thanks to reader Kieswetter for the tip!

Reaction score
Ordered both Luke and C3P0 Friday from Walmart.com. Luke should be in my hands today. 3P0 will arrive om Weds.

Reaction score
Grabbed Kylo. I really like the sculpt on him. I can see myself picking up a specific selection of figures. But I'm not gonna go crazy with this line. I think the Disney Toy Box has more "character" with at least some of the sculpts. I like how some figures have like emotive open hand sculpts and such. Where as here its just your basic c grip to hold accessories. You know what I mean?

I picked one of these up to compare it to the Toybox figures I have and I actually like these a lot better. The joints seem to me like they get more range (I've picked up more since picking up my first one).

Reaction score
I can’t find 3P0 anymore on the Walmart site. Luke arrived yesterday and he is a nice little figure. His tunic is rubber and can be easily removed for a more final battle look.

Reaction score
Nice that Luke made it to Walmart's site! I kept looking. Just ordered him.

Reaction score
If the line lasts long enough I was thinking that since the figures are cartoon styled maybe we could see some exclusive retro variants of the Droids cartoon R2 and C-3PO and a Holiday Special Boba

Reaction score
Just picked up Luke and it looks great. I wish I would have been able to snag a 3PO this time around.