Galaxy of Adventures 5" Line

Reaction score
I actually like the Toybox line but this line looks like Hero Mashers without the playability. For one thing it's hard to imagine this line ever having much depth of characters.

Reaction score
I plan on buying the TROS figures. Then I expect the line to die and that'll be that.

Reaction score
Aren't the Disney Toybox figures 5 inch scale as well? Here is an image posted by Jayson over at Yakface:

Seems a bit redundant to have two lines of the same scale that both offer animated likeness on the figures. I wonder if this move was pushed by Disney, and they think kids will be more interested in large animated figures?
That's a lot of forehead going on in that pic.

Reaction score
I forget the names of the lines, but there were 2 other 6 inch lines over the years that didn't do well because of the styling... Why on earth would they do this again. The Fin is absolutely horrible. He looks like the kid from captain planet.

Reaction score
There was something called Hero Mashers, which were 6 inch and failed horrifically - I saw some over the weekend at a shop for $1 each! What I find so amusing is that Hasbro has said kids want figures as they appear on screen, yet for a live action movie, they're releasing animated figures. They've also said kids dont care about aritculation, yet these are SA. I've given them slack far too many times, maybe I just have to admit they're full of ****. I tend to be all for new products if they'll sell, but this is the first line I truly want to see fail immediately, so the 3.75 scale can be restored.

Reaction score
Reaction score
I didn't like the weird animated style of the Disney Infinity figurines, or the Disney Toy Box figures, so this is just more of the same and I'm not interested. MAYBE if we saw a really cool looking Bossk or Boba Fet figure in this line, I'd consider getting those specific figures; but I'd just consider those more of a novelty.

Reaction score
I forget the names of the lines, but there were 2 other 6 inch lines over the years that didn't do well because of the styling... Why on earth would they do this again. The Fin is absolutely horrible. He looks like the kid from captain planet.
One of those lines was Force Battlers.

Reaction score
I think that Kenobi belongs to the Force Battlers line - look at his face compared to the preschool smiling faces on the others. I recall buying Vader and the droids for my nephew, I think he was maybe 4 years old when they were released, and thats really their demographic for these chunky toys. I believe most of these were from the Jedi Force Playskool line. They've done the same in different scales as well, for example, the Galactic Heroes line was eventually replaced by Playskool Heroes, which were basically the same figures seen above, but in 2 inch scale. Out of all the preschool lines, I think the original Galactic Heroes did the best at retail, each line after usually pegwarmed, and found their way to clearance bins - I'm not sure how these Galaxy of Adventure figures will be any different. The original GOA line of 3.75 repacks, actually did pretty well at retail, even some collectors bought them, so the change of scale and sculpting style will continue to baffle many.

Reaction score
I think that Kenobi belongs to the Force Battlers line - look at his face compared to the preschool smiling faces on the others. I recall buying Vader and the droids for my nephew, I think he was maybe 4 years old when they were released, and thats really their demographic for these chunky toys. I believe most of these were from the Jedi Force Playskool line. They've done the same in different scales as well, for example, the Galactic Heroes line was eventually replaced by Playskool Heroes, which were basically the same figures seen above, but in 2 inch scale. Out of all the preschool lines, I think the original Galactic Heroes did the best at retail, each line after usually pegwarmed, and found their way to clearance bins - I'm not sure how these Galaxy of Adventure figures will be any different. The original GOA line of 3.75 repacks, actually did pretty well at retail, even some collectors bought them, so the change of scale and sculpting style will continue to baffle many.

You know what? You are correct. Kenobi is the Force Battler. The rest are another line. I can't think of the name. But they are essentially bigger Galactic Heros.
I posted this pic that I found online because I actually like the Kenobi figure.
Sorry for the misinformation screw up.:awesome:

Reaction score
Update: The other figures in my pic above are from the Hasbro Playskool Jude Force line. Not that anyone cares...they are crap.

Reaction score
These will be flooding 5 below come summer. Along with the rest of the line.

Reaction score
Reaction score
I really don't like this thing with having tank tread vehicles in Star Wars. That bike makes zero sense when hover technology is well established throughout the galaxy. I thought having the assault tank in Rogue One not be a hover vehicle was a misstep as well.
Tracked, rolling, & walking vehicles are meant to circumvent energy shields. Shields protect against laser bombardment and disable hovering vehicles. Notice in TPM that the droids could walk through them but not fire through them. Also, in empire, the AT-AT were able to walk through the shields (defending against the walkers and Star Destroyer bombardment) in order to destroy their generators?

It all makes perfect sense to me.

Reaction score
The stuff that's been shown looks extremely kid-friendly/oriented and I can see parents buying this stuff up for their kids.

The line's not for me, but I can appreciate how this line can be fun for kids to play with.

Reaction score
I bet it will. Even of Hasbro has this line for kids, I'm sure they looked into the crossover possibilities with the 6" line.

Reaction score
SOMEONE needs to explain this to me. One of these is the new Galaxy of Adventures Chewbacca. One is the Disney Toybox Chewbacca. Are Disney and Hasbro in competition now with stuff?

It appears to me that they have now officially spent twice as much money in order to get half the sales... I can't take it.

Reaction score
Do the GoA figures have knee articulation? It seems pretty well hidden on all the figures I’ve seen if they do.

Reaction score
SOMEONE needs to explain this to me. One of these is the new Galaxy of Adventures Chewbacca. One is the Disney Toybox Chewbacca. Are Disney and Hasbro in competition now with stuff?

It appears to me that they have now officially spent twice as much money in order to get half the sales... I can't take it.
Oddly enough, Disney / LFL can veto ideas from Hasbro, since they own the property, but for some reason they allowed a competing product. Perhaps they think these large animated figures hold the next wave of interest? My guess is that they'll slam into the ground - some gift givers will buy them, kids will open them, and they'll be promptly returned. If I were a kid, I'd want the figure to represent what I saw in the movie, not a cartoon. Hasbro reps have said the same thing over the years, yet this is now the main line for ROS? Who makes these decisions? lol

Reaction score
Two things:

1. Not everyone has a Disney Store close to them, nor do they even realize these exist to be ordered from the app.
2. The Toybox line doesn’t last forever. Individual characters get “retired” or whatever you want to call it. Chewy isn’t on the app, and I didn’t see him in store last time I was close to one.

Personally, these don’t bother me at all and I’ll pick up Han when he’s released. At least they’re related to a piece of media that actually exists, unless some of the other stuff Hasbro has done.

Reaction score

Wow, they really do look similar. Thanks for the side by side pic.

Reaction score
Oddly enough, Disney / LFL can veto ideas from Hasbro, since they own the property, but for some reason they allowed a competing product.
Can they really? It seems more like the case should be that Hasbro allows them to produce some figures that exist in only a niche market.

I can't imagine there would ever exist a contract that goes "Ok I know you paid us millions of dollars for the rights to make toys based on our stuff, but we also want to make toys based on our stuff so you can't make these ones." that Hasbro's or any company's lawyers would be okay with. But then again, this is the company that thought Sony should go from giving them 5% of one day's profits to 50% of all their profits.

Reaction score
Can they really? It seems more like the case should be that Hasbro allows them to produce some figures that exist in only a niche market.

I can't imagine there would ever exist a contract that goes "Ok I know you paid us millions of dollars for the rights to make toys based on our stuff, but we also want to make toys based on our stuff so you can't make these ones." that Hasbro's or any company's lawyers would be okay with. But then again, this is the company that thought Sony should go from giving them 5% of one day's profits to 50% of all their profits.
Not exactly true. Disney offered 50% of the financing on future Spider-Man movies, for 50% of profits.

Reaction score
Two things:

1. Not everyone has a Disney Store close to them, nor do they even realize these exist to be ordered from the app.
2. The Toybox line doesn’t last forever. Individual characters get “retired” or whatever you want to call it. Chewy isn’t on the app, and I didn’t see him in store last time I was close to one.

Personally, these don’t bother me at all and I’ll pick up Han when he’s released. At least they’re related to a piece of media that actually exists, unless some of the other stuff Hasbro has done.
You missed the point.

These were both tooled up. Hasbro and Disney are in this together. It's not like Mattel made the Toolbox figures and put them only in Disney Stores where not every one has access (which I know you mentioned it but nowadays the internet makes access really). This is Disney making the SAME figure as Hasbro (See also: Elite series vs Black Series 6"... I know die cast, slightly larger... blah)

I'm not sure what you were getting at with number 2 there as nothing lasts forever in stores (in fact many things don't show up in stores lately). It just makes so little sense to me that money and effort was put into both. No one is going to buy the Toybox figure AND the GOA figure... the average consumer won't know the difference.

Reaction score
Has the Toybox line been cancelled completely or will they continue to bring out new figures?

I wonder how long this 5" line will last, to be honest. This might just be Hasbro line for the film and then they'll shut it down within the next 12 months unless it sells like gangbusters.

Or, maybe this is Hasbro revenge for Disney taking the BAD's away from them.

Reaction score

Hasbro has the master toy license, but Disney / LFL are in charge of the property. Hasbro floats product ideas, character selections, etc - but Disney / LFL have to give them the green light. Disney isn't going to step on Hasbro's market at retail, but they certainly don't mind producing "exclusives" that are the same or similar - look at all the build-a-droid products as well. GOA are based on a cartoon, while Toybox are based on the likeness from an old video game, so technically they aren't the same, but when most consumers look at them, I'll bet they cant distinguish the two.

Reaction score
You missed the point.

These were both tooled up. Hasbro and Disney are in this together. It's not like Mattel made the Toolbox figures and put them only in Disney Stores where not every one has access (which I know you mentioned it but nowadays the internet makes access really). This is Disney making the SAME figure as Hasbro (See also: Elite series vs Black Series 6"... I know die cast, slightly larger... blah)

I'm not sure what you were getting at with number 2 there as nothing lasts forever in stores (in fact many things don't show up in stores lately). It just makes so little sense to me that money and effort was put into both. No one is going to buy the Toybox figure AND the GOA figure... the average consumer won't know the difference.
I don’t understand what you don’t understand. Disney made the Toybox line first. It’s been out for a while now. That line is exclusive to Disney Stores, and each character has only lasted a finite amount of time.

I get that the styles both look similar, but Disney was referencing the video game style, and Hasbro is now using the animated series as a reference for this new line. Outside of that, the Disney line is a catch all for a kinds of IP that just happens to have some Star Wars characters. This Hasbro line is strictly Star Wars.

Reaction score
Not exactly true. Disney offered 50% of the financing on future Spider-Man movies, for 50% of profits.
Given the MCU's track record that essentially meant "we'll give you ~$150 million in exchange for ~$500 million in two years", for that to be an enticing offer there would need to be some amount of risk entailed in financing the films, a moot point as of this morning though.

Hasbro has the master toy license, but Disney / LFL are in charge of the property. Hasbro floats product ideas, character selections, etc - but Disney / LFL have to give them the green light. Disney isn't going to step on Hasbro's market at retail, but they certainly don't mind producing "exclusives" that are the same or similar - look at all the build-a-droid products as well. GOA are based on a cartoon, while Toybox are based on the likeness from an old video game, so technically they aren't the same, but when most consumers look at them, I'll bet they cant distinguish the two.
The build-a-droid products are made from old Hasbro molds with their permission by my understanding. While Disney can veto Hasbro designs, making their own toy line and then vetoing any Hasbro products that would compete in its niche would almost certainly be seen as operating in bad faith and probably violate the contract they have with Hasbro.

Reaction score
The build-a-droid products are made from old Hasbro molds with their permission by my understanding. While Disney can veto Hasbro designs, making their own toy line and then vetoing any Hasbro products that would compete in its niche would almost certainly be seen as operating in bad faith and probably violate the contract they have with Hasbro.
The vast majority are actually new molds, and there are a number of droids that Hasbro has yet to produce, which Disney beat them to. As for the veto, like I said, Disney isn't going to exercise it and step on Hasbro's toes when it comes to retail, because when Disney releases similar products, they are exclusives. The issue is really why are two similar lines necessary? Will the demand for animated 5 inch figures really jump that high if these are everywhere, instead of just Disney stores and certain online vendors, like Amazon? I think Hasbro is overestimating what's already a niche interest in large cartoon figures. Success or failure - Disney will still make money off all Hasbro products...