Galaxy of Adventures 5" Line

GNT

Reaction score
***Yes the figures aren't Black Series but close in scale, we don't have a section for a 5" line as you know it was only announced today, this line can be discussed here for the moment.***

Not sure why Hasbro needed to release this line, a different scale to everything else, the smaller reissued figures were a cheap way to keep older figures in circulation but must admit they turned out decent.
Anyone going to be collecting these figures?

Reaction score
I've always wondered what animated OT figures would look like, considering we had Droids & Ewoks back in the 80s, but a larger scale means I wont be buying any. Had they been 3.75, I would have given them a chance. I'm eager to know the MSRP, because if they're $10 as rumored on another site, for 24 POA in a larger scale, that means Hasbro has been BSing us about the cost of 3.75 figures for years.

Reaction score
I like the idea honestly, the mini shorts have been a huge hit with the younger generation and the older generation.

Reaction score
I like the animation style and will definitely pick them up to play with the kids. My kids (7 and 4) gravitate to more "cartoon animated" figures.

Reaction score
Was this line developed to compete with the Disney Store Toybox figures? Doesn't Hasbro know Disney already has some animated SW figures out there?

Reaction score
I've always wondered what animated OT figures would look like, considering we had Droids & Ewoks back in the 80s, but a larger scale means I wont be buying any. Had they been 3.75, I would have given them a chance. I'm eager to know the MSRP, because if they're $10 as rumored on another site, for 24 POA in a larger scale, that means Hasbro has been BSing us about the cost of 3.75 figures for years.
They will be $9.99 according to the press release,

Reaction score
Was this line developed to compete with the Disney Store Toybox figures? Doesn't Hasbro know Disney already has some animated SW figures out there?
From the looks of things the last time I visited my local Disney store, the Toybox figures may be done.

Reaction score
I liked the concept of Toybox, but not the execution. I'll definitely keep an eye on this line. So far I like the Chewbacca, but not the others.

Reaction score
So happy toy making resources went to these instead of, oh, I don't know.....Hammerhead....Snaggletooth....2-1B....AT-AT Driver....Lobot....Bib Fortuna....Squid Head....Emperor Palpatine.......

Reaction score
My bad, it actually says "Starting at $9.99"...

Now that we have a confirmation, can we officially refer to Hasbro as major league BSers? For years they told us how expensive SA 3.75 figures are to produce, now they're offering larger figures with more articulation at a cheaper price.

Reaction score
The Toybox figures from the Disney store are much better styled and executed and have a uniform look. The Hasbro figures look like different designers did each figure.

Reaction score
So happy toy making resources went to these instead of, oh, I don't know.....Hammerhead....Snaggletooth....2-1B....AT-AT Driver....Lobot....Bib Fortuna....Squid Head....Emperor Palpatine.......
Yeah, continually changing formats and scales (or "expressions" as mentioned in Hasbro's panel, which just sounds like cringy corporate BS) allows them to reset the character selection every few years. This way they can find reasons to keep remaking the same 5 or 6 characters over and over and over again without ever delving too deeply in the Star Wars character pool.

Reaction score
Not interested Hasbro. These will go to mark down in no time. Yoda-( it is the future you see) :D

Reaction score
Just an FYI, but a BS 6” AT-AT Driver was released a few years ago, and Emperor Palpatine is coming in October. Otherwise, I agree with the alternatives for said funding.

Reaction score
These look like a great way to introduce younger kids to SW while still offering some good playability. I'd love to see some vehicles/beasts.

Reaction score
Ah, good. I was hoping Hasbro would unveil a scale I don't want in a style I don't care for.

Reaction score
I see where Hasbro/Disney is trying to go with this line, and that it’s an attempt to revitalize interest beyond just the collector market (us), but I just don’t feel like that’s ever going to happen with Star Wars again. Sure, kids like it whether it’s from their own exposure to media or from parental influence, but I don’t think it’s ever going to take off again the way they want it to - especially not without plenty of aliens and droids to sell it. It seems like the fatal misstep that’s always taken with this brand is trying to reimagine the format in which the characters are presented, rather than seeing that it’s actually the characters that kids don’t find that appealing, not the way the toys look. I don’t think Han Solo is as appealing to kids as aliens or other Star Wars oddities are. Maybe I’m wrong, though.

Reaction score
I see where Hasbro/Disney is trying to go with this line, and that it’s an attempt to revitalize interest beyond just the collector market (us), but I just don’t feel like that’s ever going to happen with Star Wars again. Sure, kids like it whether it’s from their own exposure to media or from parental influence, but I don’t think it’s ever going to take off again the way they want it to - especially not without plenty of aliens and droids to sell it. It seems like the fatal misstep that’s always taken with this brand is trying to reimagine the format in which the characters are presented, rather than seeing that it’s actually the characters that kids don’t find that appealing, not the way the toys look. I don’t think Han Solo is as appealing to kids as aliens or other Star Wars oddities are. Maybe I’m wrong, though.
It makes sense. When there are complaints about the new characters looking boring, I look at the original ones and smile - because they are boring too, if one is being honest about it. It's all about (nostalgic) exciting, beloved and well developed (and to some extent, non-political) characters.

Reaction score
I think what’s probably most appealing to kids is that they’re able to find characters they want, affordably, when they want them. That hasn’t really been possibly with Star Wars for a number of years. This line, or any brand new line, probably won’t fix that at all.

Reaction score
From the looks of things the last time I visited my local Disney store, the Toybox figures may be done.
They have some new figures from Aladdin on the website. Have not heard about any more Star Wars figures, though. Would like to see them release a few more.

Reaction score
My main interest in toy collecting has always been to get the most realistic, life-like sculpts as possible, so I will likely pass on this line.

Reaction score
Now that we have a confirmation, can we officially refer to Hasbro as major league BSers? For years they told us how expensive SA 3.75 figures are to produce, now they're offering larger figures with more articulation at a cheaper price.
Yup, I'd say the Hasbro SW people are a bunch of BSers.

I guess they might be able to resue some of the parts for other figures, like arms and legs, but $10 for a 5" super articulated figure seems contrary to what they've been saying about the 3.75" line for a number of years.
Y

Reaction score
Yup, I'd say the Hasbro SW people are a bunch of BSers.

I guess they might be able to resue some of the parts for other figures, like arms and legs, but $10 for a 5" super articulated figure seems contrary to what they've been saying about the 3.75" line for a number of years.
Y
I’ve been saying this since the Mashers line was out.

Reaction score
They're cheaper because they are an animated style that doesn't need the hyper-details like stitching,etc that collectors get in a tizzy over. It's also much easier to do articulation at a larger scale. Which is easier to do? Replacing a screw in your glasses or replacing a screw in a shelf?

Reaction score
Well for me its probably a pass. I really like animated, and always wanted the OT characters done in animated ever since TCW. But I'm guessing at least $15 each and will they make it to stores? And will they keep it up so we could get a solid number of characters? Can I afford a 3rd product line? Probably not on most of those questions.

Reaction score
Well for me its probably a pass. I really like animated, and always wanted the OT characters done in animated ever since TCW. But I'm guessing at least $15 each and will they make it to stores? And will they keep it up so we could get a solid number of characters? Can I afford a 3rd product line? Probably not on most of those questions.
For what it's worth, the press release says "$9.99 and up"

Reaction score
Han, Vader, and Chewie look almost identical to the Disney Infinity figurines, so it's like Hasbro is not even offering anything new with this line.

Reaction score
Han, Vader, and Chewie look almost identical to the Disney Infinity figurines, so it's like Hasbro is not even offering anything new with this line.
I noticed that as well. I knew from the slide show they were Hasbro products, but they look so similar.

Is Disney going to shut down their SW Infinity line and that's why Hasbro went this way?
I

Reaction score
I noticed that as well. I knew from the slide show they were Hasbro products, but they look so similar.

Is Disney going to shut down their SW Infinity line and that's why Hasbro went this way?
I
it's been shut down for a while.

Reaction score

I
it's been shut down for a while.
SW Infinity, which was Disney's figure based video game has been shut down for a while, but their Toybox line, which is in the same style as the Infinity figures only larger and articulated is still being sold in Disney Stores.

I've only purchased one Toybox figure, Boba Fett. While he is pretty cool, the joints are very loose on mine. I've been meaning to pick up Han and Chewie too. They retail for around $12 BTW.

Reaction score
Aren't the Disney Toybox figures 5 inch scale as well? Here is an image posted by Jayson over at Yakface:

Seems a bit redundant to have two lines of the same scale that both offer animated likeness on the figures. I wonder if this move was pushed by Disney, and they think kids will be more interested in large animated figures?